9.20 Supertest of Rebalanced Vehicles

• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

Ph3lan #1 Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:22 AM

Senior Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 18249 battles

Hi all!

Not so long ago we shared the plans about the rebalancing of certain vehicle branches. Today we’re ready to share the first details about the upcoming changes: the Japanese tanks are coming to the Super Test. We plan to test complex changes to medium to top tier Japanese vehicles. The purpose of rebalancing Japanese heavies is to improve the branch balance, to save the battle effectiveness and applicability of Japanese heavies, and at the same time to create equal conditions in battle for the vehicles of other nations.

We plan to test the following vehicles:

• Tanks of Tier IX and X will have revised armor: We added some parts to the front armor with thickness of 240-260 mm for Tier X and 220-240 mm for Tier IX. Their maneuverability and speed will be adjusted so they are a bit better than what the Maus has. The frontal armor of these vehicles, unlike Germans of the same class, didn’t have any vulnerabilities and could only be penetrated with premium ammo. We have added the changes to some parts of frontal armor to make it possible for their opponents to fight them on equal terms. 
  • The Tier VIII O-HO will get premium ammo with an armor penetration value of 250-260 mm for the 10 cm Experimental Tank Gun Kai. Previously, this gun had no AP shells with enough penetration to reliably damage enemy vehicles.This meant that players didn’t have opportunity to choose their game style – the tank was playable only as a derp.
  • The O-I will get a bit weaker rear armor to decrease the tank’s domination in a battle, especially against lower tier tanks. Previously, low-tier vehicles could not damage the O-I even if they managed to flank it. After the changes flanking will work. 
  • The Tier V O-I exp. will get improved frontal armor so it can stand a chance against higher tier vehicles and perform the role of a breakthrough tank. Additionally, the 105-mm gun will be removed from this vehicle since it was too effective at Tier V. The mobility of the tank will also be decreased.

Thuis001 #2 Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5837 battles
  • [-SBN-] -SBN-
This is great, I think this is a step in the right direction. Also that you are listening to your playerbase is fantastic. Can we get a date for the common test release?

Pagon1s #3 Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:45 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29796 battles
  • [CRBER] CRBER

OI Exp gets OP armor, but lost 300 alpha gun

Changes to top tier are minor (try to snipe those hatches)

In the end 10-20mm going to change something? I doubt....

Edited by Pagon1s, 20 June 2017 - 03:59 PM.

Pagon1s #4 Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:46 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29796 battles
  • [CRBER] CRBER

OI arse, for those who care

leggasiini #5 Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:55 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 11602 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Im shocked, giving tanks actual weakspots? What the heck is this, 2013???

GJ WG, I just uninstalled the game recently but if you are actually trying to fix your game now...then who knows?

Cobra6 #6 Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16314 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Give the Tier 9 / Tier 10 tank back their old weaker "cheeks", that is the only nerf they need.

And 250/240mm armour on those "weakspots" is more than the regular AP(CR) pen of most tanks it meets actually so you are still encouraging goldspam on them.

Stop that nonsense and give tanks viable weakspots for guns on the same tier. This means the armour needs to be an almost guaranteed pen when it hits with regular AP(CR) ammo of the same tier so under the average pen and slightly over the minimum roll. For the T10 tank this would be 220 mm armour on the weakspots and for the T9 tank 200mm on the weakspots. Not 250mm/240mm, that is no weakspot worthy of the name.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 20 June 2017 - 05:59 PM.

Laatikkomafia #7 Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:12 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 21315 battles
  • [ELC-P] ELC-P

Last time I played, I had a go with the ST-1. Went to the "Heavy corner" of Fjords. Faced a Type 4 Heavy.

I rarely use premium ammo, but loaded some for the lulz. I could have penned him frontally with autoaim due to the +300mm pen HEAT. With AP, it would have been a gamble to even try to pen him. Flanking was out of the question, as they had TDs at the camp island.

With the possible nerfs, it would still be close to a coin flip when shooting at the weakspots with AP - thus the problem would still remain. People still need premium ammo to penetrate the weakest part of the frontal armor of a same tier tank.

Is there any information about Maus nerfs and the removal of P2W premium ammo of the Type 5?

Edited by Laatikkomafia, 20 June 2017 - 06:13 PM.

Sams_Baneblade #8 Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16496 battles

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 20 June 2017 - 06:12 PM, said:

Last time I played, I had a go with the ST-1. Went to the "Heavy corner" of Fjords. Faced a Type 4 Heavy.

I rarely use premium ammo, but loaded some for the lulz.

This. I am rushing my ST-I grind  and I double tap two whenever I see one of those or a Maus. No time to lose on gambling, I go for the autopen solution. Let's regulate their population, Kamerad!

Desyatnik_Pansy #9 Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:39 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 15013 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Type 4 Heavy spots IMHO Should be 225-230mm effective at most on both spots, while 240-245mm effective for both spots on the Type 5 Heavy. Just my two cents on that part of the changes.

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 20 June 2017 - 07:39 PM.

Search_Warrant #10 Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:01 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 26434 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

Nerf my Type 4 more WG. i mean its too fast and such a small target. armor you can totally angle and autobounces everything with its sloped armor right? no. its already got 200mm cheek armor. THE SAME AS O-HO1 TIER LOWER and you give it MORE weak spots? just replace it with a VKP with the same gun for god sakes, that has better armor 1 tier lower.

Havent you seen the complaints on how terrible Type 4 is to play? its a flat armored gold magnet that requires no skill to play it and no skill no pen it, with a choice of 2 god awefull guns, 24kmh speeds (it never reaches 25kmh). the size of a god dam house.

TsunamiFM #11 Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18685 battles
  • [SNAKE] SNAKE
Small step in the right direction, but... when we'll see some limits to the premium shells spam? Please consider implementing some limits, like allowing max 20% (or less) premium shells, so it would be used tactically in emergency situations, not as simple cheat destroying the game balance.

Bucifel #12 Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28899 battles
  • [JDUN] JDUN

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 20 June 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

Nerf my Type 4 more WG. i mean its too fast and such a small target. armor you can totally angle and autobounces everything with its sloped armor right? no. its already got 200mm cheek armor. THE SAME AS O-HO1 TIER LOWER and you give it MORE weak spots? just replace it with a VKP with the same gun for god sakes, that has better armor 1 tier lower.

Havent you seen the complaints on how terrible Type 4 is to play? its a flat armored gold magnet that requires no skill to play it and no skill no pen it, with a choice of 2 god awefull guns, 24kmh speeds (it never reaches 25kmh). the size of a god dam house.

was and still is horrible to play ONLY because gold spam make it like this.

but if they add RELEVANT weakpoints and REBALANCE this stupid ammo...whole situation will become better.

type4/5 are almost imune to standard ammo and useless against gold.

With weakpoints they become balanced for standard ammo, but still crappy against gold (so no difference)

if premium ammo is rebalanced (removed) too...entire situation become balanced.

Simply and thats all what balance needs.

No limits on prem. ammo is best solution...because even those 20% or less what tanks can carry will be OP and will broke balance when this tanks meets some armored tank. Will limit only some spam, nothing on balance.

solution is a REBALANCE like on WOt Blitz or simply remove it.

Edited by Bucifel, 20 June 2017 - 08:19 PM.

siramra #13 Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25076 battles
  • [DUXTR] DUXTR

No removal of stun

No removal of better equipment

Still putting in OP prems

= No play for me.

siramra #14 Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25076 battles
  • [DUXTR] DUXTR

View PostBucifel, on 20 June 2017 - 08:17 PM, said:

was and still is horrible to play ONLY because gold spam make it like this.

but if they add RELEVANT weakpoints and REBALANCE this stupid ammo...whole situation will become better.

type4/5 are almost imune to standard ammo and useless against gold.

With weakpoints they become balanced for standard ammo, but still crappy against gold (so no difference)

if premium ammo is rebalanced (removed) too...entire situation become balanced.

Simply and thats all what balance needs.

No limits on prem. ammo is best solution...because even those 20% or less what tanks can carry will be OP and will broke balance when this tanks meets some armored tank. Will limit only some spam, nothing on balance.

solution is a REBALANCE like on WOt Blitz or simply remove it.

If u want a limit of prem ammo they need to make less corridor maps first.

Bucifel #15 Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28899 battles
  • [JDUN] JDUN

View Postsiramra, on 20 June 2017 - 08:24 PM, said:

no, they just need to add weakpoints on ALL tanks

RELEVANT ones, not 240mm of armor thick

Edited by Bucifel, 20 June 2017 - 08:32 PM.

Folau #16 Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:34 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15254 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Token Effort. 260mm is not a weakspot when some T10 mediums barely have that in penetration.

TsunamiFM #17 Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18685 battles
  • [SNAKE] SNAKE

View Postsiramra, on 20 June 2017 - 08:24 PM, said:

Those things can be fixed in parallel, one doesn't have to wait for another. And unlimited premium shells spam breaks the balance in huge way on every map, on both corridors and with bigger open spaces. So I'd definitively look at premium shells abuses, first - before anything else. Or maybe you think that tier 8 medium tank loaded with premium shells (Object 416, 330 penetration) being able to penetrate front of every tier 10 heavy - without aiming at weak spots, with every shot - is perfectly fine?

PS You don't really need that much space to get close to the enemy and then shoot his side or back - it's doable in most corridors, too.

Edited by TsunamiFM, 20 June 2017 - 08:42 PM.

siramra #18 Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25076 battles
  • [DUXTR] DUXTR

View PostTsunamiFM, on 20 June 2017 - 08:40 PM, said:

Those things can be fixed in parallel, one doesn't have to wait for another. And unlimited premium shells spam breaks the balance in huge way on every map, on both corridors and with bigger open spaces. So I'd definitively look at premium shells abuses, first - before anything else. Or maybe you think that tier 8 medium tank loaded with premium shells (Object 416, 330 penetration) being able to penetrate front of every tier 10 heavy - without aiming at weak spots, with every shot - is perfectly fine?

PS You don't really need that much space to get close to the enemy and then shoot his side or back - it's doable in most corridors, too.

If they had wanted to something with the prem ammo they would have done so a long time ago.

I don`t think that is fine, I`ve never stated it`s fine either. But if I play a tier 8 in a tier 10 match with heavies I sure as hell shoot prem at him if I can`t pen/flank him. But then again....I don`t spam prem either.

Things can run parallel, sure. Problem is still that they haven`t made a really good map in ages. And those that where semi open got corridored.

HIGH_CALIBER_2 #19 Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26251 battles
  • [-HEAT] -HEAT
please WG dont run behind youtubers those heavies are not overpowering. do not  nurf them if you want to do some thing then buff some weaker tanks.no one want to bring a 2.5 k hp tank in battle and killed easily by enemy lights and wast his silver on repair to make enemy happy plz dont do that.

Edited by HIGH_CALIBER_2, 20 June 2017 - 08:58 PM.

TsunamiFM #20 Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18685 battles
  • [SNAKE] SNAKE

View Postsiramra, on 20 June 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

If they had wanted to something with the prem ammo they would have done so a long time ago.

I don`t think that is fine, I`ve never stated it`s fine either. But if I play a tier 8 in a tier 10 match with heavies I sure as hell shoot prem at him if I can`t pen/flank him. But then again....I don`t spam prem either.

Things can run parallel, sure. Problem is still that they haven`t made a really good map in ages. And those that where semi open got corridored.

It's not only WG who decides here. We can stop playing and/or paying, too.

I was a good, generous customer - but I got tired of WG unwilling to listen and few days ago I simply stopped paying, and playing. Because I simply couldn't stand how they pushed us more and more into spamming premium shells, as simple solution for winning. I'd feel as a cheater if I did the same, and feel like a loser if I didn't. Both options are wrong. Setting some economically reasonable limit like max 20% premium shells could be a nice middle ground - abuses eliminated, amount affordable by most of us, and sounds much more like a fair play.

Edited by TsunamiFM, 20 June 2017 - 09:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users