Hidden Changes

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Hidden Changes (53 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you think Wargaming use this method?

1. Yes ! (29 votes [54.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.72%

2. No ! (24 votes [45.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.28%

Vote Hide poll

Zhaon #1 Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2639 battles

Hello everyone! 

I don't know and i didn't checked the forum if this kind of subject already exist and if i opened another topic with the same subject,apologize. Since you are able to see this topic,let's talk about this "dirty method" wich i'm not 100% sure but i still think that many devs use it to make everyone happy. 

I played a lot of tanks,some of them for a long time and i will bring as an example our tier 8 german premium TD - the Skorpion G wich i received as a gift from a friend to be honest. 

I was very excited when it came out for the first time (my friend sent me the gift right when he was released) and i played him a lot because i love it , i got 2 marks in just few days but i moved to another tanks and after a while i came back to grind some credits but the tank "was changed" for me , i don't know if it was just me since i forgot how the tank "it's working" but the tank wasn't the same as before. 

Now,the tank it feel more "slugish" for me than before and the accuracy is not like it was and i asked myself always,what is happening because everything on the tanks it's like on first day but the gameplay is changed. I tried to find myself an explanation and i used the google where i found this: 

http://ritastatusrep...en-changes.html

And also a lot of complains from other players,that claim the same thing. 

Don't forget that i'm not here to acuse someone without any proof but "ninja changes" are made to make everyone happy without finding out,right?? Why do i think that this method exist? Let me explain you why...

When something is ready to be released,players are checking the stats of the quality of the product (in our case,Skorpion G) and they buy in excitement or not but there are also players that will not buy the product because they don't want or they don't have the possibility and ofc they will start to complain that the product it's OP. 

And to not make angry the players that payed real money for something that was announced with good quality , they will do this small changes in secret without changing too much so not everyone can feel the "adjustments" . Nerfing a tank after a lot of players bought it it's not a good way to go... 

After all , i told you my opinion because i'm pretty sure that this method exist (not sure if exist here,but i think it's aplicable,as i said) and i want to see your opinions without receiving another wave of hate. :)

Edited by Zhaon, 21 June 2017 - 03:46 PM.

brumbarr #2 Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:46 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
There are no changes to tanks that dotn show up on tanks.gg.

Bucifel #3 Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27780 battles
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY

View Postbrumbarr, on 21 June 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

yes, but thei "fail" to announce them !

just like VKB turret improved armor, weakspots removing and probably nerfing profitability in some of the last patches (i heard a lot of complains about that..)

brumbarr #4 Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:58 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBucifel, on 21 June 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

yes, but thei "fail" to announce them !

just like VKB turret improved armor, weakspots removing and probably nerfing profitability in some of the last patches (i heard a lot of complains about that..)

well yeah, but those changes arent hidden. Just WG sucking at communication as ussual.

Shaun600ti #5 Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:58 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22893 battles
  • [666TH] 666TH

View Postbrumbarr, on 21 June 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

Rng and mm art on tanks gg this td is crap for me now hall l see is city maps in it and the gun can't hit crap now

Edited by Shaun600ti, 21 June 2017 - 04:00 PM.

Bucifel #6 Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27780 battles
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY

View Postbrumbarr, on 21 June 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

well yeah, but those changes arent hidden. Just WG sucking at communication as ussual.

are not hidden because we observed them...but remember that tanks.gg is NOT a WG site.

so i really can say that they tryed to hide some changes !

Edited by Bucifel, 21 June 2017 - 04:05 PM.

brumbarr #7 Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:38 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostShaun600ti, on 21 June 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

Rng and mm art on tanks gg this td is crap for me now hall l see is city maps in it and the gun can't hit crap now

Evidence?

panter22 #8 Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:06 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14928 battles
110% yes and it is called ninja patch they did it with premium xp income and credits income but the problem is that 110% off the players a BLIND as a bath to see that

ASAMTIGASHUKNO #9 Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18755 battles

View Postpanter22, on 21 June 2017 - 05:06 PM, said:

110% yes and it is called ninja patch they did it with premium xp income and credits income

The way I see it, my credit income has been decreased solely by changing my playstyle. Starting with heavies and moving onto faster mediums with little to no armor, I can't afford to be in the front lines and take hits. That being said, I'm sharing my experience with tanks which are spotting the enemies, detracking them etc. It's the same with credits.

The same could apply to you, just saying.

StinkyStonky #10 Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25130 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

The credit making capabilities of a tank is an example of a known attribute that WG never disclose.  As they never tell you what that attribute is it's reasonable to believe that they don't tell you when they change it (I expect the credit making of the Patriot to drop off in the near future just as it has for the FCM 50t).  The Strv S1 is the new kid on the block.

It's also reasonable to assume that there are other "secret" attributes that get tweaked without disclosure.

When a tank first comes out it's important that it's awesome so that everyone boasts about how OP it is and hence everyone else buys it.

But once that cash cow has been milked it's important to restore balance.

And what a tanker doesn't know, doesn't hurt them.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #11 Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26628 battles

View PostStinkyStonky, on 21 June 2017 - 06:06 PM, said:

And what a tanker doesn't know, they'll just make up some crap about that fits their personal agenda..

Fixed that for you. You're welcome.

brumbarr #12 Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:25 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostStinkyStonky, on 21 June 2017 - 06:06 PM, said:

The credit making capabilities of a tank is an example of a known attribute that WG never disclose.  As they never tell you what that attribute is it's reasonable to believe that they don't tell you when they change it (I expect the credit making of the Patriot to drop off in the near future just as it has for the FCM 50t).  The Strv S1 is the new kid on the block.

They changed the creditmaking of the FV4202 and announced it. And all the otehr  times they did aswell.

And if you think they dont, thats up to you to prove instead of spemming random BS.

Nishi_Kinuyo #13 Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:26 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 6985 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View Postbrumbarr, on 21 June 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

Not to mention that you can check the stats for tanks for different versions of the game, so you can compare to see if anything actually changed.

Zhaon

I tried to find myself an explanation and i used the google where i found this: 

And if you'd look at the actual changes, it isn't anything out of the ordinary:

1: Penetration dropoff changes, which, afaik, affected just about every vehicle in the game.

2: Different tanks with the same gun can now have different stats. E.g. the 12.8/55 PaK having different stats from the 128/55 KwK. Obviously done for easier game balancing reasons; if one tank needs a buff/nerf, but the other doesn't, they can now change the values for the respective tanks instead of having to nerf/buff the other one alongside it. And I do believe that previously, such values were hidden, when these days they're shown in the client./

3: WG is very reluctant to nerf premium vehicles.

And tbh, I doubt they'd change the credit making capacity of a tank, since it can be easily noticed by comparing near-identical performances from the past with recents.

Homer_J #14 Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27094 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostZhaon, on 21 June 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

Now,the tank it feel more "slugish" for me than before and the accuracy is not like it was and i asked myself always,what is happening because everything on the tanks it's like on first day but the gameplay is changed. I tried to find myself an explanation and i used the google where i found this: 

If you had put a bit more effort in you might have found out those "hidden" changes were only ever made to one test server.  And they weren't very well hidden even then.  Those changes never made it to the live server.

Edited by Homer_J, 21 June 2017 - 07:28 PM.

SABAOTH #15 Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:03 PM

Major

• Player
  • 36420 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostASAMTIGASHUKNO, on 21 June 2017 - 05:16 PM, said:

The way I see it, my credit income has been decreased solely by changing my playstyle. Starting with heavies and moving onto faster mediums with little to no armor, I can't afford to be in the front lines and take hits. That being said, I'm sharing my experience with tanks which are spotting the enemies, detracking them etc. It's the same with credits.

The same could apply to you, just saying.

I changed my playstyle to a far more aggressive and far more damaging that when I was a tomato. However I don't have 200k+ credits victories on premium for good matchs, thing that I used to see a lot as a tomato (and FTR no, I did not even came close to the damage I can do today consistently)

View Postbrumbarr, on 21 June 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

They changed the creditmaking of the FV4202 and announced it. And all the otehr  times they did aswell.

And if you think they dont, thats up to you to prove instead of spemming random BS.

You might want to check this very old thread, there is basic incom called "joining a battle bonus" for credits for premium, that is sensibly higher than normal, that is still valid. However the amount of credit per dmg/point is lower than it used to be. It was nerfed back in 2013 in 8.8 then slightly buffed later on (I don't remember when).

Long thread, all the WG formulas how credits rewards are assigned (full / assisted / shared) and tests on field with old replays and old income screenshots (with damage logs)

In 8.8 the premium income was nerfed from 34.17 credits/ point of damage to 24,84 credits/ point of damage (full reward and shared reward proportion stayed the same as well JaB bonus)

For a comparison back then the free tanks farmed 18,5 credits/ Point of damage, a substantial nerf from a + 16 Credits/ Dmg to a +6.3 credits/ dmg.

Funny that around same period credit bundles for real money started to appear in the premium shop :coin:

Check it out and decide by yourself.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/299025-wtf-wargaming-income-premium-tanks/page__st__220#topmost

(I suggest you to skip to page 12, but you can find screenshot of 200k + income from premiums before nerf, there used to be a lot of screenshots on the internet as well back then)

I don't bother to check out now, is still bad compared to the past, but anyway WG doesn't give a damn and denial is gospel for the biggest chunk of consumer.

I actually admire their business model, screwing  serving customers twice and getting away praised for it. :girl::coin::coin:

Edited by SABAOTH, 21 June 2017 - 08:07 PM.

hson_hson #16 Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6486 battles

View PostBucifel, on 21 June 2017 - 04:05 PM, said:

are not hidden because we observed them...but remember that tanks.gg is NOT a WG site.

so i really can say that they tryed to hide some changes !

As being someone who works in software development I can say that it's common that a release note only contains portions of all the changes from the previous update.

And it's because of several reasons.

If you would include every single change, the release note would be huge and since you know that most users won't care to read it anyway you don't spend too much time writing it but list all the major changes.

And the one writing it might even not know about all the changes, the actual release might contain stuff that wasn't initially supposed to be included.

And software that is managed by multiple departments (like WoT where you have maps/UI/balance/models) is even worse since each department are affected by the previous two issues and then you have the "release department" which are responsible for compiling data from each department and then you apply the two previous issues to their work too.

Then you have another layer, translation.

Since the release notes are prepared in Russian and then translated, the translator might not have the final version.

It has happened that the English patch notes doesn't include stuff that are in the Russian.

So without trying to actively hide anything you end up with a release note that doesn't actually "tell the truth" and why they usually include stuff like "various other fixes" to account for changes not listed

Edited by hson_hson, 21 June 2017 - 11:03 PM.

JuliusCheddar #17 Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28024 battles
They are not that hidden if you noticed them 

ZeeAa #18 Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27780 battles
  • [--P--] --P--
Are you opposing the way they are doing it, or the why they are doing it?

Kaltroh #19 Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:04 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 46056 battles

2 Hidden changes:

1- Map rotation: returned back to 9.17 and before. Additionally Kharkov and Stalingard are more common. 

2- Sandbox accuracy nerf. I think it is active already to some extent. More missed shots fully aimed (many hitting ground)

I am sure about the first one and have strong belief about the second one.

hson_hson #20 Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:19 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6486 battles

View Posthson_hson, on 21 June 2017 - 11:01 PM, said:

And the one writing it might even not know about all the changes, the actual release might contain stuff that wasn't initially supposed to be included.

And of course the opposite (changes which were supposed to be included isn't) might happen too.

As an example, the latest Blitz update were supposed to include a change which players directly noticed wasn't working.

WG staff quickly responded they would look in to the problem and see when the bug would be fixed.

After a short while they got back with the news that the dev team hadn't included the change in the update.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users