Jump to content


FV4202 is totally not balanced


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Blackoyase #1 Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:09 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 31311 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    11-12-2012
I recently took FV4202 for IS-6 (because of the new matchmaking, is6 is now total crap), and i have to say that the fv4202 i nothing like its supposed to be, when it was tier 10 it had great dispersions, armor and gun handling, as a tier8 premium, its totally non balanced, the turret is crap, i get like one in ten bounces, even when playing hull down, since the introduction of patriot, defender, liberte and chrysler i'm wondering, why are we even bothering with this game when they're not even rebalancing some of the previous premium tanks. FV had so many buffs and its still awful.

LaManche #2 Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:18 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 19289 battles
  • 477
  • Member since:
    03-31-2014

IS-6 is a great tank, even with the new MM. Why on earth would you trade if for FV? That British med ain't that bad though, it has a good gun and mobility which are the key characteristics of a good medium.

 

It sounds like you did not read the reviews of the tank before switching to it. Not to mention that IS-6 will get buffed sometime soon... rumour has it that they'll give it 225 pen.



Search_Warrant #3 Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:44 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 27201 battles
  • 6,165
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011

View PostBlackoyase, on 21 June 2017 - 11:09 PM, said:

I recently took FV4202 for IS-6 (because of the new matchmaking, is6 is now total crap), and i have to say that the fv4202 i nothing like its supposed to be, when it was tier 10 it had great dispersions, armor and gun handling, as a tier8 premium, its totally non balanced, the turret is crap, i get like one in ten bounces, even when playing hull down, since the introduction of patriot, defender, liberte and chrysler i'm wondering, why are we even bothering with this game when they're not even rebalancing some of the previous premium tanks. FV had so many buffs and its still awful.

 

Let this be a lesson to you for future reference. Ask yourself before buying/grinding a tank. "is it british?" if yes. dont touch it. welcome to british tanks.



ZeeAa #4 Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:50 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27808 battles
  • 1,037
  • [--P--] --P--
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013

As X tier tank it was never bottom tier and always top. As VIII premium obviously it's different.

 

 You can't compare them that way.



Tulikukka #5 Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:07 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 1421 battles
  • 76
  • Member since:
    01-14-2015
It was obvious it is not anymore so good when it got moved to tier 8. At tier 10 it had unhistorical armor and wasn't that good even back then.

cro001 #6 Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:09 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29529 battles
  • 1,920
  • Member since:
    10-21-2012

View PostTulikukka, on 22 June 2017 - 01:07 AM, said:

It was obvious it is not anymore so good when it got moved to tier 8. At tier 10 it had unhistorical armor and wasn't that good even back then.

 

I liked it just before it was removed, after all buffs. After moving to tier 8 it just got ugly, you can't expect ugly things to perform well - simple logic. :D

Balc0ra #7 Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:22 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66298 battles
  • 16,320
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

I mean it's a tier 8 medium. Not many of those are known for their great "qualities". Even less when you expected it to be as good as it was on tier X. 

 

IMO the FV is "meh" after the recent buffs. Not great, not bad.... just "meh" and that's it. As in it gets the job done and nothing more.



fighting_falcon93 #8 Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:29 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 31233 battles
  • 3,919
  • Member since:
    02-05-2013

I actually like my FV4202. It's one of the few tanks where I have 2 MoE... Yes, laugh at me, I know... :(

But if you guys think it's weak WG is very welcome to buff it. Maybe better rate of fire or better accuracy? :hiding:



Search_Warrant #9 Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:40 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 27201 battles
  • 6,165
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011
Ill take a Pilot1 over that trash tank any day. Pilot actually has troll mantle and sexual gun handling WITH good mobility. ill take that over 225pen and garbage dpm with trash alpha any day.

Warzey #10 Posted 22 June 2017 - 02:07 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 57073 battles
  • 949
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011

View PostBlackoyase, on 21 June 2017 - 11:09 PM, said:

I recently took FV4202 for IS-6 (because of the new matchmaking, is6 is now total crap), and i have to say that the fv4202 i nothing like its supposed to be, when it was tier 10 it had great dispersions, armor and gun handling, as a tier8 premium, its totally non balanced, the turret is crap, i get like one in ten bounces, even when playing hull down, since the introduction of patriot, defender, liberte and chrysler i'm wondering, why are we even bothering with this game when they're not even rebalancing some of the previous premium tanks. FV had so many buffs and its still awful.

 

You actually need a specific sort of hull down to make turret of FV4202 work. In order to make the armor work you need to make the "forehead" of the turret into an autobounce zone and you can do that by angling the turret backwards and preferably having a high ground advantage. 

When it comes to balancing I'd say FV4202 is in line with other T8 meds, your armor is pretty much paper like other T8 meds, mobility is a bit worse than average but it's not super pershing bad, penetration is way higher than average T8 med but you pay for that with DPM.

 



Search_Warrant #11 Posted 22 June 2017 - 02:54 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 27201 battles
  • 6,165
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011

View PostWarzey, on 22 June 2017 - 01:07 AM, said:

 

You actually need a specific sort of hull down to make turret of FV4202 work. In order to make the armor work you need to make the "forehead" of the turret into an autobounce zone and you can do that by angling the turret backwards and preferably having a high ground advantage. 

When it comes to balancing I'd say FV4202 is in line with other T8 meds, your armor is pretty much paper like other T8 meds, mobility is a bit worse than average but it's not super pershing bad, penetration is way higher than average T8 med but you pay for that with DPM.

 

 

A med without around 200 pen and a boat load of DPM is useless in current meta. Heavys/LT's will just ruin you.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users