• 48344 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Go to 2:55 :(

Kozzy #2 Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:00 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

Ah, remember those garages?  They were so simple and the premium one with it's big fans... 

So glad they binned the idea of 'skill based MM' though they knew then it was a bad idea as they know now, thankfully.  Northwest being added too, I did like that map and with tweeks I feel it could have remained.  Other maps should have been removed before that one IMO.

trefferlage #3 Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:10 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2673 battles

Those times, those good times will never come back again. Focused obviously on the manga kids with their gocarts rushing around and shooting at something. the game was by far better in former times. now it is only a : shoot the duck  

TankkiPoju #4 Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:18 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20014 battles

View PostKozzy, on 22 June 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

So glad they binned the idea of 'skill based MM' though they knew then it was a bad idea as they know now, thankfully. 

Well, if you play ranked and reach higher ranks, they basically are skill based MM.

Kozzy #5 Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:41 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View Posttrefferlage, on 22 June 2017 - 09:10 AM, said:

Those times, those good times will never come back again. Focused obviously on the manga kids with their gocarts rushing around and shooting at something. the game was by far better in former times. now it is only a : shoot the duck  

Erm, you don't seem to remember the cartoon physics before?  When tanks didn't seem to interact, at all, with the floor they were driving over.  You don't remember the suspension physics being completely broken?  Like driving over a tiny bump would cause your tank to pretty much stop dead, like driving over train tracks etc?

WTF is it with people and rose-tinted specs in this game.  The older versions of WoT were so bad compared to now.  +/-4mm?  Lovely.  Gold ammo for gold?  Literally P2W, yeah great.  Terrible SD models? hmm tasty.  Terrible physics.  Game favouring camping TDs.  The list goes on...

View PostTankkiPoju, on 22 June 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

Well, if you play ranked and reach higher ranks, they basically are skill based MM.

Is this a joke I'm not getting?

iztok #6 Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:54 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles

View Posttrefferlage, on 22 June 2017 - 10:10 AM, said:

Those times, those good times will never come back again. 

Yes, good old times with +/-4 tiers MM, accurate arty, LOTS of camping positions for deadly TDs, spotting with 2 sec delay... :amazed:

trefferlage #7 Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2673 battles

View PostKozzy, on 22 June 2017 - 09:41 AM, said:

Erm, you don't seem to remember the cartoon physics before?  When tanks didn't seem to interact, at all, with the floor they were driving over.  You don't remember the suspension physics being completely broken?  Like driving over a tiny bump would cause your tank to pretty much stop dead, like driving over train tracks etc?

WTF is it with people and rose-tinted specs in this game.  The older versions of WoT were so bad compared to now.  +/-4mm?  Lovely.  Gold ammo for gold?  Literally P2W, yeah great.  Terrible SD models? hmm tasty.  Terrible physics.  Game favouring camping TDs.  The list goes on...

I am playing on the NA account since 2011. due to their stupid inability ( or not willing ) to transfer accounts to EU ( i guess then the NA server is complete empty ) i started in 2013 an eu account, but did not play too much. just started here some weeks ago. and so i remember EVERYTHING of the [edited]they created before.  yes, gold ammo for gold... was a lot less gold spamming...and i grinded without any prem account to ALL level 10 tanks and it was possible. i would say : today IMPOSSIBLE. i never had a prob with the tier spread... cause actualy u could kill even in low tiers a MAUS. yeah, a maus had weakspots, and you could kill it WITHOUT gold spitting all time. which better, it is a stupid horrible shooter a la : who hunts the duck, rushing around. and sorry, what i have seen on the NA account in t10 ranked bs : the same rubbish like in normal random chaos. and thats my opinion : the game was much much better, perhaps less pimped graphics, but it was PLAYABLE. today it is not, most of the time with this 15-0 0-15 idioty and the bot teams

View Postiztok, on 22 June 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

Yes, good old times with +/-4 tiers MM, accurate arty, LOTS of camping positions for deadly TDs, spotting with 2 sec delay... :amazed:

Strange only, that the game in this good old times was growing, and now it is losing constantly players. sorry, i guess : the good old times had been better. 

Kozzy #8 Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:01 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View Posttrefferlage, on 22 June 2017 - 11:36 AM, said:

yes, gold ammo for gold... was a lot less gold spamming...

Literally P2W and you LIKE this idea? hmm...

.and i grinded without any prem account to ALL level 10 tanks and it was possible. i would say : today IMPOSSIBLE.

It was and still is possible.  Why would you say it's impossible?  If you are low on credits then simply grind T5/6 for a while - not rocket science is it...The high tiers have never been profitable (for most people).

i never had a prob with the tier spread... cause actualy u could kill even in low tiers a MAUS. yeah, a maus had weakspots, and you could kill it WITHOUT gold spitting all time.

Yeah KV3 vs IS7, much fun, people cry enough about T8 vs T10.  I could just imagine now what the forums would be like.  They changed it for a reason, one that most people realise was correct.

the game was much much better, perhaps less pimped graphics, but it was PLAYABLE. today it is not, most of the time with this 15-0 0-15 idioty and the bot teams

And yet, here you are... still playing, playing a game that you seem not to like.

Strange only, that the game in this good old times was growing, and now it is losing constantly players....

Care to show your sources for that?

h4ctor #9 Posted 22 June 2017 - 02:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16457 battles
golden age thinking :teethhappy:

_Hakkapeliitta_ #10 Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:47 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 43366 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF
time when we got maps to play...bushes to TD's hide, those day..those days

Pantzer #11 Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19536 battles
Rose glittered look on the past... gg. The game is MUCH better today than before.

Balc0ra #12 Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64316 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Posttrefferlage, on 22 June 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

yes, gold ammo for gold... was a lot less gold spamming...

And they lost more players to the P2W aspect of that, as mostly only CW people "spammed" it when it was for gold only.  Vs how much they lose now when "everyone" is doing it. Even tho some still thinks we all only buy them for gold.

Tinbawx #13 Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14747 battles
  • [SNOB] SNOB

View PostKozzy, on 22 June 2017 - 10:41 AM, said:

+4MM was for heavies, meds and TDs had +-3. Back in the day tanks had plenty of weakspots (actually weak weakspots) and the game was balanced for standard ammo. Also the hardest hitting guns (arty, which was a [edited]back then excluded) where on ISU, Obj 704 and T30. There isn´t much of a difference between +3 then and +2 now, imo. And you could still HE spam in a pinch.

Premium ammo for gold only meant that random battles where largely free of prem ammo. Now you can buy it for credits and WG makes sure you buy plenty, and if you´re on a standard account, well to bad.

Terrible SD models? xcuse me? The SD models where balanced for standard ammo, they had more weakspots and and where im a lot better in a gameplay sense. HD models are just weakspot removal so you doupletap 2 more and eye candy.

Favoured camping TDs? Hmm, of which the most dangerous one was an Object 704. Although what is true is that TDs where very strong in low tiers, especially the open topped ones. FCM PaK40 is still a testimony to that (Why? Because WG doesn´t have the balls to step on a few toes). Now low tiers are infested with derp guns so I guess all is good.

Yep physics are a genuine improvement that I appreciate, so are a lot of other things, but the powercreep is a heavy counterweight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users