Jump to content


Loyalty Programme


  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Lerxst2012 #1 Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:04 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 61010 battles
  • 150
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

First of all I'm not quite sure where to post this article so would be grateful if the mods could place in a the appropriate section if this one is incorrect.

 

I've been playing this game regularly over the last 5 years and have purchased a number of premium vehicles.  However, there are a number of premium vehicles I would like to collect but I rarely see these being advertised whether that be on "collector gem of the week" or a "weekly special".
 
Can I propose WG consider allowing loyal players like myself and opportunity to purchase some of the rarer vehicles.  Maybe as an example on the player's anniversary you allow that player to buy one of a sample of tanks as a thank you.  Obviously there will be a cost so that's an incentive to WG but also great for players like me as we will be driving rare tanks onto the battlefield.  You could have rarer tanks being advertised to players with more years service.
 
To be honest I'm after some of the lower tier rarer tanks but WG only seem to advertise tier 8 these days (yeah we know the reasons more expensive).  I would appreciate if WG could at least consider this option

Personally I think something like this would be a step in the right direction as I've seen a number of players complain about WOT recently and I have also seen some mates leave the game altogether.  This would reward loyal players who continue to part with their hard earned cash paying for premium accounts and buying the odd tank here and there.
 
Thank you for listening.
 


qpranger #2 Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:17 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 30697 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
Good idea. For example, I would like to purchase the Mutant. I know it was only ever made available to loyal early followers, but as I have been playing since 2013, I think I have earned the honour of getting this tank by now. Naturally, I would not expect WG to just sell it in the Premium Shop for all and sundry, thus profanating the very notions of exclusivity and loyalty.

Jethro_Grey #3 Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:20 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4280 battles
  • 513
  • [KAIN] KAIN
  • Member since:
    08-01-2015

View PostLerxst2012, on 22 June 2017 - 09:04 AM, said:

First of all I'm not quite sure where to post this article so would be grateful if the mods could place in a the appropriate section if this one is incorrect.

 

I've been playing this game regularly over the last 5 years and have purchased a number of premium vehicles.  However, there are a number of premium vehicles I would like to collect but I rarely see these being advertised whether that be on "collector gem of the week" or a "weekly special".
 
Can I propose WG consider allowing loyal players like myself and opportunity to purchase some of the rarer vehicles.  Maybe as an example on the player's anniversary you allow that player to buy one of a sample of tanks as a thank you.  Obviously there will be a cost so that's an incentive to WG but also great for players like me as we will be driving rare tanks onto the battlefield.  You could have rarer tanks being advertised to players with more years service.
 
To be honest I'm after some of the lower tier rarer tanks but WG only seem to advertise tier 8 these days (yeah we know the reasons more expensive).  I would appreciate if WG could at least consider this option

Personally I think something like this would be a step in the right direction as I've seen a number of players complain about WOT recently and I have also seen some mates leave the game altogether.  This would reward loyal players who continue to part with their hard earned cash paying for premium accounts and buying the odd tank here and there.
 
Thank you for listening.
 

 

Good idea actually!

 

But than Wargaming...EU...loyalty program...it's like walking into Mordor.

 

Anyways, you have my sword.



TheJumpMaster #4 Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:24 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 45309 battles
  • 4,114
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View Postqpranger, on 22 June 2017 - 10:17 AM, said:

Good idea. For example, I would like to purchase the Mutant. I know it was only ever made available to loyal early followers, but as I have been playing since 2013, I think I have earned the honour of getting this tank by now. Naturally, I would not expect WG to just sell it in the Premium Shop for all and sundry, thus profanating the very notions of exclusivity and loyalty.

 

Ummm m, of course they wouldn't commit a dastardly deed like this!!

Jigabachi #5 Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:27 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17746 battles
  • 17,616
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
But you do understand that those tanks would stop being rare if everybody could just buy them, right?
And you are totally only talking about the lower tier premium tanks, not the hightier reward tanks, right?

Besides that, isn't sealclubbing getting boring after 50k matches? Who in his right mind would play lowtier these days?

Lerxst2012 #6 Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:10 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 61010 battles
  • 150
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

t

View PostJigabachi, on 22 June 2017 - 08:27 AM, said:

But you do understand that those tanks would stop being rare if everybody could just buy them, right?
And you are totally only talking about the lower tier premium tanks, not the hightier reward tanks, right?

Besides that, isn't sealclubbing getting boring after 50k matches? Who in his right mind would play lowtier these days?

 

Thanks for replying.

 

When I meant lower tier I also meant lower than tier 8.  Sorry my mistake for not being clear.

 

I dont think lower tier tanks are necessary going to allow you to seal club but I do understand your point.  

 

As example the Gr.TR which I have is paper thin and I rarely have a good game in that but still enjoy taking it out for spin.

 

I wouldn't mind having the opportunity to purchase the RAM II or PZ IV s now those tanks are poor to play. :)

 

 

 

 


Edited by Lerxst2012, 22 June 2017 - 10:13 AM.


Lerxst2012 #7 Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:11 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 61010 battles
  • 150
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

View Postqpranger, on 22 June 2017 - 08:17 AM, said:

Good idea. For example, I would like to purchase the Mutant. I know it was only ever made available to loyal early followers, but as I have been playing since 2013, I think I have earned the honour of getting this tank by now. Naturally, I would not expect WG to just sell it in the Premium Shop for all and sundry, thus profanating the very notions of exclusivity and loyalty.

 

I have this as they made it available for purchase on the 1st April this year.  Great tank.  I just think loyal players of this game should have the opportunity to purchase rarer tanks.

trefferlage #8 Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:15 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 2078 battles
  • 194
  • Member since:
    06-25-2013

View PostLerxst2012, on 22 June 2017 - 08:04 AM, said:

First of all I'm not quite sure where to post this article so would be grateful if the mods could place in a the appropriate section if this one is incorrect.

 

I've been playing this game regularly over the last 5 years and have purchased a number of premium vehicles.  However, there are a number of premium vehicles I would like to collect but I rarely see these being advertised whether that be on "collector gem of the week" or a "weekly special".
 
Can I propose WG consider allowing loyal players like myself and opportunity to purchase some of the rarer vehicles.  Maybe as an example on the player's anniversary you allow that player to buy one of a sample of tanks as a thank you.  Obviously there will be a cost so that's an incentive to WG but also great for players like me as we will be driving rare tanks onto the battlefield.  You could have rarer tanks being advertised to players with more years service.
 
To be honest I'm after some of the lower tier rarer tanks but WG only seem to advertise tier 8 these days (yeah we know the reasons more expensive).  I would appreciate if WG could at least consider this option

Personally I think something like this would be a step in the right direction as I've seen a number of players complain about WOT recently and I have also seen some mates leave the game altogether.  This would reward loyal players who continue to part with their hard earned cash paying for premium accounts and buying the odd tank here and there.
 
Thank you for listening.
 

 

I guess you also still believe in santa claus ? :-) Since 2012 people suggest, that f.e. premium account holders get some extras .. let me say for one year premium a special prem tank aso aso.. i guess u understand the idea. and since six years NOTHING is happening, they only watch how the playernumbers shrink and hire expensive so called specialists to solve the growing problem. not the addicted ones who nearly live in this game MAKE this game, but a constant flood of new players. about that they forgot complete while taking care only of the big clans and the so called unicums. result ? NA server ist shrinking dramatic, and the numbers for EU are not looking very well. only solution : more prem tanks and no real ideas. 

qpranger #9 Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:15 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 30697 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View PostLerxst2012, on 22 June 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

 

I have this as they made it available for purchase on the 1st April this year.

 

Yes, the perfect date chosen by WG to make the old early customers look like fools.



Lerxst2012 #10 Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:39 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 61010 battles
  • 150
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

View Posttrefferlage, on 22 June 2017 - 09:15 AM, said:

 

I guess you also still believe in santa claus ? :-) Since 2012 people suggest, that f.e. premium account holders get some extras .. let me say for one year premium a special prem tank aso aso.. i guess u understand the idea. and since six years NOTHING is happening, they only watch how the playernumbers shrink and hire expensive so called specialists to solve the growing problem. not the addicted ones who nearly live in this game MAKE this game, but a constant flood of new players. about that they forgot complete while taking care only of the big clans and the so called unicums. result ? NA server ist shrinking dramatic, and the numbers for EU are not looking very well. only solution : more prem tanks and no real ideas. 

 

You've ruined my day.  Is he not real? :)

Lerxst2012 #11 Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:40 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 61010 battles
  • 150
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

View Posttrefferlage, on 22 June 2017 - 09:15 AM, said:

 

I guess you also still believe in santa claus ? :-) Since 2012 people suggest, that f.e. premium account holders get some extras .. let me say for one year premium a special prem tank aso aso.. i guess u understand the idea. and since six years NOTHING is happening, they only watch how the playernumbers shrink and hire expensive so called specialists to solve the growing problem. not the addicted ones who nearly live in this game MAKE this game, but a constant flood of new players. about that they forgot complete while taking care only of the big clans and the so called unicums. result ? NA server ist shrinking dramatic, and the numbers for EU are not looking very well. only solution : more prem tanks and no real ideas. 

 

You make a valid point.

they should involve the community more and especially those players that have been here for years.

I have like I'm sure others do a number of ideas to improve this game.

But yeah WG are probably not interested.


Edited by Lerxst2012, 22 June 2017 - 10:43 AM.


Evilier_than_Skeletor #12 Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:41 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16598 battles
  • 213
  • [TSOP] TSOP
  • Member since:
    02-05-2016
Generally companies have loyalty programs for customers that bring in the money. For example my local sushi shop gives out a card that gets you the tenth buffet for free. They do not reward the people that just come out to hang out with friends day after day and don't buy anything. They also don't reward the guy who is the most skilled with chopsticks. 

Lerxst2012 #13 Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:47 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 61010 battles
  • 150
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

View PostEvilier_than_Skeletor, on 22 June 2017 - 09:41 AM, said:

Generally companies have loyalty programs for customers that bring in the money. For example my local sushi shop gives out a card that gets you the tenth buffet for free. They do not reward the people that just come out to hang out with friends day after day and don't buy anything. They also don't reward the guy who is the most skilled with chopsticks. 

 

Love it mate.

 

So I think you agreeing with me then as premium account holders that have been playing for 5 years and yes I'm a sad git who has had a premium account for 5 years should get something :)

 

I don't mind paying as long as its rare and unique.


Edited by Lerxst2012, 22 June 2017 - 10:47 AM.


Balc0ra #14 Posted 22 June 2017 - 02:29 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 62749 battles
  • 14,375
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

What "rare" tanks do you have in mind? As low to mid tier rare tanks do appear in the store now and then during special events. The low tier gift tanks always appear in a bundle during Xmas. And Gr Tr and T14 and the Ram II you did mention was sold during the Xmas events. So all is not lost on getting some of them at some point still I suspect.

 

Tho your idea is a good one. How do you go about calculating who gets what? As based on how long they have played? Or based on how many battles each year they do? And should there be tiers for this? As in the more "loyal" you are, the more rare the tank you can buy etc?

 

But at the same time Jigabachi has a point. I don't play some of my "rare" tanks that much anymore. As it's no longer special as WG have sold it 10 times since they removed it. And thus I feel that "rare" in this game is a limited time offer... until they sell it to many times. Like they did ruin the Pz II J that you never did see before almost. Now it's more common then a BT-7 at times.



Lerxst2012 #15 Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:33 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 61010 battles
  • 150
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

View PostBalc0ra, on 22 June 2017 - 01:29 PM, said:

What "rare" tanks do you have in mind? As low to mid tier rare tanks do appear in the store now and then during special events. The low tier gift tanks always appear in a bundle during Xmas. And Gr Tr and T14 and the Ram II you did mention was sold during the Xmas events. So all is not lost on getting some of them at some point still I suspect.

 

Tho your idea is a good one. How do you go about calculating who gets what? As based on how long they have played? Or based on how many battles each year they do? And should there be tiers for this? As in the more "loyal" you are, the more rare the tank you can buy etc?

 

But at the same time Jigabachi has a point. I don't play some of my "rare" tanks that much anymore. As it's no longer special as WG have sold it 10 times since they removed it. And thus I feel that "rare" in this game is a limited time offer... until they sell it to many times. Like they did ruin the Pz II J that you never did see before almost. Now it's more common then a BT-7 at times.

 

Take a look at this link.

 

http://wiki.wargamin...n/Premium_Tanks

 

Plenty of tanks here that have never been offered for sale.

 

As a collector I would love to get my hands on some of these but would prefer you have to earn the right.  I like your idea of battles fought if length of service was not considered or maybe combine both.  If you say complete 5 years of service you get a personalised offer.  To save on administration the offer is TANK A for 5 years and TANK B for 50,000 battles.  But at least you would have achieved some milestone to get it.  Its then your choice if you buy or not.

 

I do understand the point that you and others have made regarding premium rare tanks no longer being rare so they lose their appeal.  

 

But, you would at least know the players driving them have supported this game and that's where the loyalty comes into it.  



Unkel_Dolan #16 Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:34 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 24392 battles
  • 2,685
  • [NOPAN] NOPAN
  • Member since:
    12-14-2010
yes I am loyal player and customer, please let me buy Edelweiss premium tank

LaManche #17 Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:40 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18520 battles
  • 476
  • [3EGS] 3EGS
  • Member since:
    03-31-2014

View PostLerxst2012, on 22 June 2017 - 08:04 AM, said:

To be honest I'm after some of the lower tier rarer tanks but WG only seem to advertise tier 8 these days (yeah we know the reasons more expensive).  I would appreciate if WG could at least consider this option

 

Admit it, you want to get your hands on the Lefefe French tier V arty? :playing:

Lerxst2012 #18 Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:55 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 61010 battles
  • 150
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

View PostLaManche, on 22 June 2017 - 02:40 PM, said:

 

Admit it, you want to get your hands on the Lefefe French tier V arty? :playing:

 

Already have it :)

 

Actually its not that bad.


Edited by Lerxst2012, 22 June 2017 - 03:55 PM.


qpranger #19 Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:11 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 30697 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View PostLerxst2012, on 22 June 2017 - 04:55 PM, said:

 

Already have it :)

 

Actually its not that bad.

 

It's not that good either.

Balc0ra #20 Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:05 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 62749 battles
  • 14,375
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

 

Never sold again for a reason, as in they way they were sold or rewarded in the first place. Or due to the reason they were removed. Like the SU-76i to name one. You might recall how well it went when WG sold the M6 Mutant. Then you have others that were never sold in the first place, like the ISU-130. That was only given to people withing the WG community. That even the KV-220 was at one point.

 

But as for tanks like the Ram II or old premiums that was removed due to their limited MM like the T14, Panther M10 or even the SU-85i. Sure. I don't see any reason why not to give those on offers as a part of that program. Or even old gift tanks others might have missed. As they sold them so many times as is to make those hold any meaning anymore. Inc the M3 Light. But other rare reward tanks just because? No.

 

But as I said, name a few you would like to buy that have never been sold. And I'm sure we can tell you why.


Edited by Balc0ra, 22 June 2017 - 06:11 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users