Reasons to play WoT ?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

trefferlage #1 Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:29 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2673 battles

Ok, my main reason to play a game : it should make fun to play.  Competition i have in real life. And real life is without R N G .

15-0 0-15 games over in max 3 mins or 4 ( shortest was 1.30 ) .. fun ? Not realy

3-5-7 so called MM Fun ? not realy if you are constantly used as gunfodder ( f.e in t5 u never face t3 but all the time t7 )

gameplay ? ok, which ? rushing hords of coastalrollers PZ IC or something else... 

arty ? one shots meanwhile regular again, and 3 arties in game nearly in EVERY game now 

T3.. may be, sometimes.. if not those with the purple nose are rushing around with their 600% crews and preventing newcomers to enjoy the game and STAY

So which reasons ?  For me only sentimental reasons. Started in 2011 on NA account ( sadly this server is nearly empty nowadays ) . fun ? not realy 

wiggles #2 Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:32 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 33996 battles

Quint_Gen #3 Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:35 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14213 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Posttrefferlage, on 23 June 2017 - 11:29 AM, said:

And real life is without R N G

... if only!

Zhaon #4 Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:35 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3955 battles
crying about the game will only affect you and no one else... trust me,i know! you don't have fun in the game,you don't play it... :B 

_EXODUZ_ #5 Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:36 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34979 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Posttrefferlage, on 23 June 2017 - 11:29 AM, said:

Ok, my main reason to play a game : it should make fun to play.  Competition i have in real life. And real life is without R N G .

I would argue about that. Plus, you're from Ukraine, right? Maybe try Dota or LOL? xd

iztok #6 Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:37 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles

> Reasons to play WoT ?

Long story short: my portable is broken.  ;)

THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #7 Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9513 battles
I worked in Ukraine for a year, it was hell..so glad to get back to UK. I was in a place called, Novamaskovsk, Chernigov also, never again...

niksa83 #8 Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:42 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31148 battles
  • [FAUF] FAUF

View PostMOSSAD_WATCHING, on 23 June 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

I worked in Ukraine for a year, it was hell..so glad to get back to UK. I was in a place called, Novamaskovsk, Chernigov also, never again...

Had a worker from Ukraine who worked for 400€ a month while others got between 2,5k to 3k a month. He sure worked harder than any of the local guys making more thats for sure. Perhaps they are just stupid, or just simple. Go figure.

Hokum15 #9 Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:42 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33455 battles
  • [HO_PO] HO_PO

View Posttrefferlage, on 23 June 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

And real life is without R N G .

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Lets try an experiment. 

Flip a coin 10 times and note down what the results are.
Now flip the coin 10 times again... you will probably get different results....

This is called Random Chance, and is therefore R.N.G. ...

Edited by Hokum15, 23 June 2017 - 11:43 AM.

NoPoet406 #10 Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2440 battles
  • [USAW] USAW

I play to uphold the honour of Britain. Seriously.

From reading countless forum posts, and from the almost excremental British-themed weekends such as the current rubbish offers (30% and 15% discount on higher tiers when the French enjoyed 30% and 50%, and x2 experience when the French weekend netted us x3?), I feel that someone out here needs to be holding the thin red line. I am sick of hearing ridiculous crap about the Churchill I and AT2 being rubbish just because people can't handle slow tanks. This makes me think the Matilda BP is going to be exceptional in my hands, because I've had exceptional games in the other tanks that attract rubbish comments. If I can do this with a WN8 of ~330, why can't anyone else? Maybe my WN8 would be much higher if I picked other, "better" tanks, but I'd rather choke on the smell coming out of my shoes than abandon King and country. This is what aspie loyalty looks like.

In many matches, there are few if any Brit tanks, so again that's another reason I choose them. Brit tanks can be hard to play, yet extremely savage when things go right. I could just sit on a hill in a T67, but I play Britain because I choose to strive.

N00BT00B #11 Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45991 battles
  • [UT00B] UT00B
None currently, due to meta

Uninstalled, stepped outside. Enjoying summer.

Bora_BOOM #12 Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:49 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22646 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

Game - fun

Dingers chat - fun

TB - fun (hard to imagine tho....)

Rage on loses and hitting the desk - fun

Ranked battles - fun, cause I don’t play them

My wife shouting at me for playing tanks - fun (got used to it by now)

Reading about whiners - fun

Rusty’s basement - fun

The last but not the least - Dingers exclusive POV - fun.

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 23 June 2017 - 11:51 AM.

WotPizza #13 Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:08 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24361 battles
  • [P1XEL] P1XEL

I play so I can buy anime tanks in the EU server soon :) where are the anime tanks!!! I want one! or two :)

or maybe 6 or 7.

PowJay #14 Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:14 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35446 battles

I have to admit that playing WoT has become something of an obsession. I don't play another other PC game at the moment and haven't played much of anything else for four and a half years.

I know exactly why I play. I want to get a good collection of tanks that I like and settle down to play solely to improve my stats. It's a bit late at nearly 30K games, but we all have to start somewhere. I know that my error- in one respect- is playing so many tanks. I still have quite a few that don't have first extended crew skills/perks complete. This is bound to hinder me a little and, occasionally swing a battle against me. I am working on this right now, playing those vehicles almost exclusively.

While having so many tanks is sometimes a disadvantage, the ones I have settled on as my "Keepers" (for now at least) are mostly pretty good for me. Some are not so good and their future is uncertain, but some have a special role to play for me. The AMX 13 90 is far from being one of my best performers, but is far and away the best LT that I have for Personal Missions. This is one reason why I have grinded higher tiers despite not being brilliant in some vehicles. I can still use them to complete specific objectives, even if I don't play them often or maintain a positive WR in them.

Currently I have made the following decisions: I have finished grinding new SPGs. PERIOD. I have one UK SPG available which I might buy for PMs, but I presently have no intention of  buying or using SPGs. I presently own the M40/43 which is quite capable for PMs, but I haven't played it for a few months after finishing the T-55a PMs.

I don't want to grind any more high-tier LTs at all. Providing that the AMX 13 90 can get me those PMs I am not interested in continuing research on LT lines.

I have not moved up the Chinese lines for a couple of years, having stopped with the Type T-34 (which I love) and the Type 58 which just about holds its own. When the Type 58 eventually drops to 50% WR (which seems likely every time I play it), it will be sold and I will move up the tree with this fairly decent crew.

I am not bothering with the higher tier German HTs, having failed miserably with the E75. I also do not want to start new grinds at the moment that have come about through the tech-tree changes. I still don't want to try the JTiger and so I am heading for the Grille 15 for my first tier X TD. The Leo line is presently of no interest to me, so I will stick with the E50M- although I am not rushing this one at all.

I am continuing slowly with French HTs, but I am presently waiting for half price crew training for the tier VIII. I have the AMX 30 available, but have never seriously thought about buying it. French TDs are an absolute NO NO, having played, and hated, the AC 46.

Japanese HTs? NOT A CHANCE. I recently bought the STA-1 at last and I am, again, waiting for crew training discount.

Czech tanks? Slowly. The next time that the T-34-100 is on offer, it will end up in the garage. I have a crew ready for this tank.

Swedish vehicles? I have the tier IV med and VI TD ready to go once I train the crews. I might miss out on the Siege-mode TDs until WG sort out the TK trolling issue.

I'm in no rush to finish the UK lines, having stopped dead at the Achilles (which I have kept for now) and the AT2 (which I haven't) I need 30K Free XP to finish the Churchill BP grind, so that is not happening any time soon. I am playing the Cent I now and I am not awful with it, but the low alpha is confirmed as something that would bother me and I am not sure that I want to go higher. We will see.

The Soviet and US lines are the ones that I am most unsure about. The M103 is on my bucket list and the T110E5 could well be my next tier X HT (sometime next year. Maybe). I am still undecided on what to do with Soviet vehicles. I have done very badly in the T-10, but in some respects I would rather sell the IS-7 and put the better crew in the T-10 rather than sell the T-10. In fact, I might sell both and try the HEAVY heavy line, but they really don't appeal. I need something HT for the PMs, in any case, but the US line is the one I am most hopeful about.

All in all, I am playing with certain objectives and hopes for the future. I have no idea if I have hit a skill-ceiling, or whether something will truly one day click and I will go "green" almost overnight. With the number of games played, I somehow doubt it, but I will settle for better recent stats.

WoT is fun and also very, very frustrating. The thing that keeps me coming back for more are games like those posted on WoT Replays. I won't link to them here, but if you look at some of them, you will see that I can carry, I do carry and when I do, that makes up for all the pain and disappointment. :great:

Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #15 Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:32 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 15159 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I find it always interesting how people like the OP find themselves cannon-fodder when bottom tier in the new 3-5-7 MM. I mean.... there are 7 opponents of the same tier.

Before this MM I had regularly MM where I was the only bottom tier...Even as bad as being the only t8 tank with 2 tier 9 tanks and the rest t10.

Even with that kind of MM I just simply refuse to call myself cannon fodder. You just need to adjust your game accordingly. Like yesterday I became 3rd by experience in my Jumbo playing a T8 battle (even Paris).

So yeah... learn to adapt :)

Fighto #16 Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35139 battles
  • [TAC] TAC

View PostNoPoet406, on 23 June 2017 - 10:43 AM, said:

I play to uphold the honour of Britain. Seriously.

From reading countless forum posts, and from the almost excremental British-themed weekends such as the current rubbish offers (30% and 15% discount on higher tiers when the French enjoyed 30% and 50%, and x2 experience when the French weekend netted us x3?), I feel that someone out here needs to be holding the thin red line. I am sick of hearing ridiculous crap about the Churchill I and AT2 being rubbish just because people can't handle slow tanks. This makes me think the Matilda BP is going to be exceptional in my hands, because I've had exceptional games in the other tanks that attract rubbish comments. If I can do this with a WN8 of ~330, why can't anyone else? Maybe my WN8 would be much higher if I picked other, "better" tanks, but I'd rather choke on the smell coming out of my shoes than abandon King and country. This is what aspie loyalty looks like.

In many matches, there are few if any Brit tanks, so again that's another reason I choose them. Brit tanks can be hard to play, yet extremely savage when things go right. I could just sit on a hill in a T67, but I play Britain because I choose to strive.

I'm Irish so i go around trying to shoot as many brits as I can.,,,,,,,,,, joking btw. Just in case the forum police  get excited. 

View PostWotPizza, on 23 June 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

I play so I can buy anime tanks in the EU server soon :) where are the anime tanks!!! I want one! or two :)

or maybe 6 or 7.

If they bring anime tanks into this server then I'm done.

Maybe this is more your type of game http://store.steampo...ting_Simulator/

marko255 #17 Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31097 battles

My friends all,stop to play that.

I am the last of mohican who play that and why i do that??

Because i invested here 1000+euros and what i get lately.

Today i log in and play 5 battles and get what???....5 lost,no chance to win,

yesterday try to play that ranked stuff and get what-11 lost a row.

I am really mad to my self that i don`t find better place where invested my income,

really-really bad investment.

Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #18 Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:49 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 15159 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postmarko255, on 23 June 2017 - 11:41 AM, said:

My friends all,stop to play that.

I am the last of mohican who play that and why i do that??

Because i invested here 1000+euros and what i get lately.

Today i log in and play 5 battles and get what???....5 lost,no chance to win,

yesterday try to play that ranked stuff and get what-11 lost a row.

I am really mad to my self that i don`t find better place where invested my income,

really-really bad investment.

1) I hope you don't expect that your 'investments' should give you a better win chance, do you?

2) Sorry to break the news to you, but you're not good. So my advice is to get to some lower tiers (e.g. t6 or t7) and enjoy the game there some more. In t10 you're just more of a burden to the team, giving you a nicer game experience.

3) Stop the Ranked battles until you play T10 in random decently enough.

4) stop spending so much, or else stop complaining :)

5) if you really don't enjoy WoT anymore, stop playing. No sense in playing something you don't like :)

Negativvv #19 Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8944 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

I play because it's a tactical shooter that rewards both twitch reflexes and a brain.

Not something every game demands.

Quint_Gen #20 Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:34 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14213 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostZe_HOFF_fverhoef, on 23 June 2017 - 12:32 PM, said:

I find it always interesting how people like the OP find themselves cannon-fodder when bottom tier in the new 3-5-7 MM. I mean.... there are 7 opponents of the same tier.

Before this MM I had regularly MM where I was the only bottom tier...Even as bad as being the only t8 tank with 2 tier 9 tanks and the rest t10.

Even with that kind of MM I just simply refuse to call myself cannon fodder. You just need to adjust your game accordingly. Like yesterday I became 3rd by experience in my Jumbo playing a T8 battle (even Paris).

So yeah... learn to adapt :)

It's cos we're not as good as you!

I agree you learn a lot from being bottom tier (in my clase slowly :-( ) but it is less enjoyable. And when I do end up top tier I feel under pressure to make the best of it.

Not complaining: if I didn't enjoy the game I would stop playing, just commenting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users