When I was little, I used to play football (soccer)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Slind #1 Posted 24 June 2017 - 12:48 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50308 battles

I think most of us have played at some point. Here's my story.

So, I started when I was 9 or 10, I joined a team but I didn't really like to practise. I didn't join to run around, I joined to play real games against other teams, that's where the fun is right? We had a fair play system, so anyone who paid to join the team would get some time on the field during every game. I really liked that rule.

First I was at the offense, but I didn't like to run around for nothing. So I sat in the middle of the field, waiting for my team to pass me the ball. For some reason I almost never got it, there was often opponent intercepting the pass. Or the other team held the ball near our goal. We had a bad team I guess. And even when I got the ball, there were always some opponent bigger or faster than me and I'd lose the ball. But I still waited there, in the middle of the field, trying to help my team and having fun. Because it's all about having fun, right? That's why we do things. Sometimes I got the ball and I'd pass it to my team mates and just waited there for a better situation. And one time I got the ball, there was only one opponent between me and the goal and we had 3 other players running towards it. I passed the ball to the opponen by mistake, I got confused which direction was ours. It happened so fast. I mean I never tought I'd have to move or anything  to score a goal. I played like that for a few thousand games. We didn't win much, but it wasn't my fault since I was having fun waiting for the perfect opportunity to score a goal. It never came.

Then they put me to play defense. In trainings they told me to run to attacking opponent, to get the ball from him. But what do they know, coach and other players? Besides I was having fun playing my own style. As soon as I got the ball, I'd run towards the opponent goal. And since it really didn't work when I was passing the ball, this time I decided to keep the ball to myself as I attacked. I didn' really score goals playing this style either, the opponent always got the ball from me. My team was really bad for not supporting me. Also I often stayed at the opponent's side, waiting for my team to pass me the ball. It always ended in sideout but it was fun to talk with the opponent goal keeper. Maybe a 5k games later, of which we won about 2k, not may fault ofcourse because I was running with the ball and waiting for a pass, I thought I want to try to be the goal keeper.

So I got into the role of goalie. Now that was fun, and fun I was there to have! Often I grabbed the ball, then ran with it almost to the other end of the field. For some reason they said it wasn't allowed, but I did it anyways. There is more than one way to play, you know. My team would get quite upset when I did that, so quit doing it. Instead, I tried a suprise attack for the enemy. I'd hide behind the goal and when they approached, I would jump out of hiding and try to scare them. It was really fun but it didn't work well, they ofter scored. We lost a lot of games, but at least I did my best. I tried different play styles and different roles. I think I learned a lot and I was the best player out there!

Nowadays I don't play anymore. The people I played with don't accept my friend invites on social media or reply to my messages. I don't know why, but it seems like they are mad at me. Probably because I was such a good player. Did I tell you I was so proud of my country, in every game I'd spend the first five minutes asking if anyone else was from Finland?

Now I play the bestest game after football, World of Tanks. Do you know why I like WoT so much? It's nothing like football...

Edited by Slind, 24 June 2017 - 12:48 AM.

qpranger #2 Posted 24 June 2017 - 01:04 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 31464 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
OP, please expound.

jack_timber #3 Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:01 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32435 battles
Nice story. Now I used to play rugby league....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users