Looking for a new premium tank.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Tinom5 #1 Posted 24 June 2017 - 12:07 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9651 battles
  • [STAR-] STAR-

So i just want to say i got the cash for a tier 8 prem, but i already have a premium tier 8 and i dont like playing it anymore since tier 8 is really screwed up right now and dont intent on playing it. So i mthinking for  tier 7 or hell even 6. My current list is like this.

M10/Panter

Dicker Max

Krupp ( the tier 7 german TD )

Su-122-44

So-100Y

There is 1 tier 8 that i might consider and its the STRV S1. I began the swedish TDs back when they released em and i was able to reach the IKV 65 II so yeah.

If you guys could help me i would be happy :)

Balc0ra #2 Posted 24 June 2017 - 12:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64364 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Well if you could tell which of your current premiums you enjoy and why. Or what classes or nations you enjoy more etc. I'm sure it will be easier to come with suggestions.

Tinom5 #3 Posted 24 June 2017 - 12:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9651 battles
  • [STAR-] STAR-

View PostBalc0ra, on 24 June 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

Well if you could tell which of your current premiums you enjoy and why. Or what classes or nations you enjoy more etc. I'm sure it will be easier to come with suggestions.

Well, TDs like i feel i do good with them in generaly and feel comfortable in them. That being said if its a medium like hte panter i could do good too. I was thinking about the krupp and the su -122.

Isharial #4 Posted 24 June 2017 - 12:58 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19485 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTinom5, on 24 June 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

So i just want to say i got the cash for a tier 8 prem, but i already have a premium tier 8 and i dont like playing it anymore since tier 8 is really screwed up right now and dont intent on playing it. So i mthinking for  tier 7 or hell even 6. My current list is like this.

M10/Panter

Dicker Max

Su-122-44

So-100Y

There is 1 tier 8 that i might consider and its the STRV S1. I began the swedish TDs back when they released em and i was able to reach the IKV 65 II so yeah.

I can see you like TD's from this, but do you actually have any crews for them?(that is crucial) buying a T6+ premium tank is stupid if you cant support it with a good crew, it wont make anything more than a T5 standard tank, and most likely less, thus isn't worth buying it unless you know how to play

why not go back and play the stug 3 or SU-85? and use them until you get some decent crews and credits? and some map knowledge which is crucial for TD's

that way when you come to buy a premium later, you'll be on the right footing

If I were you, id stay as far away from T6 and T7 and go back to your stug 3, you just aren't doing enough to make yourself part of the team, and that will do nothing for your credit income, as I said before, you'll make just as much playing your stug as you would if you bought any of those premiums you noted, as your current play, cant give you anything more than that.

Currently you do 250 damage average per game in the stug 3, which is around half of what you should be doing, the stug is a good tank, a powerful one, snipe with the gun early on, using the bushes for concealment

master this thing (ie, get the winrate over 50%, and the average damage over 500) and make sure the crew has sixth sense + camouflage, without those 2 skills and some TD knowledge behind you, those premiums will make you zilch in credits and with no armour or concealment, you'll be a sitting duck (the SU-122-44 has armour, but the gun is sub-par in pen, so unless you know weakspots and where to shoot, this is not for you)

until you get better at playing your current tanks, premiums wont make you enough credits to warrant spending your money on them

how much do you realistically make doing just 900 average damage with your m4a1? i make very little from mine doing 1400 average.. if i did 900 a game, i don't think id even manage to break even.. you are, im guessing, running premium account and that is skewing your vision on what you can "play well":

View PostTinom5, on 24 June 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

Well, TDs like i feel i do good with them in generaly and feel comfortable in them. That being said if its a medium like hte panter i could do good too. I was thinking about the krupp and the su -122.

if you feel comfortable in TD's, stick with them and stop trying to branch out to other types, it wont do you any good trying to learn multiple playstyles within each type as well as learning map knowledge for each of them as well

stick with one type until you learn the ropes and then branch out when your winning lots in your TD's (ie, over 50% winrate in them) as that way, you have a tank type you can fall back on

its your opinion ofcourse, but mine is you really don't do good with your TD's, your quite bad at them and need a lot of time to learn them before you start buying premiums

it might seem harsh now, but in the future, you might be a lot better, heeding advice from players here, and then look back to see this thread, and realise what a donkey you were rushing the tiers early :P

Tinom5 #5 Posted 24 June 2017 - 01:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9651 battles
  • [STAR-] STAR-

View PostIsharial, on 24 June 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

I can see you like TD's from this, but do you actually have any crews for them?(that is crucial) buying a T6+ premium tank is stupid if you cant support it with a good crew, it wont make anything more than a T5 standard tank, and most likely less, thus isn't worth buying it unless you know how to play

why not go back and play the stug 3 or SU-85? and use them until you get some decent crews and credits? and some map knowledge which is crucial for TD's

that way when you come to buy a premium later, you'll be on the right footing

If I were you, id stay as far away from T6 and T7 and go back to your stug 3, you just aren't doing enough to make yourself part of the team, and that will do nothing for your credit income, as I said before, you'll make just as much playing your stug as you would if you bought any of those premiums you noted, as your current play, cant give you anything more than that.

Currently you do 250 damage average per game in the stug 3, which is around half of what you should be doing, the stug is a good tank, a powerful one, snipe with the gun early on, using the bushes for concealment

master this thing (ie, get the winrate over 50%, and the average damage over 500) and make sure the crew has sixth sense + camouflage, without those 2 skills and some TD knowledge behind you, those premiums will make you zilch in credits and with no armour or concealment, you'll be a sitting duck (the SU-122-44 has armour, but the gun is sub-par in pen, so unless you know weakspots and where to shoot, this is not for you)

until you get better at playing your current tanks, premiums wont make you enough credits to warrant spending your money on them

how much do you realistically make doing just 900 average damage with your m4a1? i make very little from mine doing 1400 average.. if i did 900 a game, i don't think id even manage to break even.. you are, im guessing, running premium account and that is skewing your vision on what you can "play well":

if you feel comfortable in TD's, stick with them and stop trying to branch out to other types, it wont do you any good trying to learn multiple playstyles within each type as well as learning map knowledge for each of them as well

stick with one type until you learn the ropes and then branch out when your winning lots in your TD's (ie, over 50% winrate in them) as that way, you have a tank type you can fall back on

its your opinion ofcourse, but mine is you really don't do good with your TD's, your quite bad at them and need a lot of time to learn them before you start buying premiums

it might seem harsh now, but in the future, you might be a lot better, heeding advice from players here, and then look back to see this thread, and realise what a donkey you were rushing the tiers early :P

Nah i understand. The tank i liked the most ( to be fair ) was teh Jpanter. Thats why i was thinking of buys a tier 7 prem TD. I need good crews and the msot important thing is i want to have fun playing a premium tank. Yes i do decent in my m4 but i dont feel it the same way as i used to before probalby sicne it meets tier 10s alot more. And actually i dont use premium account that much. Like from a whole year i use like 20 days in total. In general i will give it some time for me to think about it.

Negativvv #6 Posted 24 June 2017 - 01:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8333 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

You missed a TD discount weekend two weeks ago :(

Personally I find StuG III fairly hard to use. No turret and awful reverse speed needs lots of awareness to do well and survive in. T67 and the false TD that is the Type 64 are more my thing.

Don't go straight to T8 :hiding:

Tinom5 #7 Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9651 battles
  • [STAR-] STAR-

View PostNegativvv, on 24 June 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

You missed a TD discount weekend two weeks ago :(

Personally I find StuG III fairly hard to use. No turret and awful reverse speed needs lots of awareness to do well and survive in. T67 and the false TD that is the Type 64 are more my thing.

Don't go straight to T8 :hiding:

I like tier 8 but i said i dont want to play it anymore since they meet tier 10s alot more. Plus i liked the stug and i had that strange simetry with it. But i coulnt say its my favourite tank.

gpalsson #8 Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:28 PM

General

• Player
  • 22134 battles

If you love the current way WG balances things and their job with ranked battles, go ahead and buy SU-144-22 of the ones you listed.

Otherwise, maybe don't buy anything? Just a thought.

SABAOTH #9 Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:33 PM

Major

• Player
  • 36437 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostTinom5, on 24 June 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

M10/Panter

Dicker Max

Su-122-44

So-100Y

I have all but the td and m10, can tell you the Su-122-44 Stalin's Hammer is by far the best :justwait:

rimedid #10 Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:42 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21407 battles
  • [MKNZ] MKNZ

View PostTinom5, on 24 June 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

M10/Panter

Dicker Max

Su-122-44

So-100Y

There is 1 tier 8 that i might consider and its the STRV S1. I began the swedish TDs ...

M10/Panther : My favorite tank in these days. It has a fun pew pew gun with decent gun handling. Meh mobility and crappy armor. But tank has good depression with troll turret and most importantly pref mm so you will see top tier games more frequent which is priceless.

Dicker Max: Anthique piece, may some old days but very outdated with current meta, and because of mobility and small gun arc it has no fun for me.

Krupp: i do not have this but i know that it has very very good gun for its tier which i am familiar from my precious VK 45.03 and as far as i know this one has better dpm. But so fragile to my taste.

Su-122-44 : Tank may seem as TD but it is not a regular TD. It is not a sniper but a hybrid of med+TD but med is part is damaged due to lack of turret. I did not enjoy it because i couldnt manage to brawl without turret but maybe you could. Also viewrange is a pain in the [edited]for a TD.

SU-100 Y:  Total regret. Do not waste your time and money on this.

STRV S1 : My next target. I am watching and reading about it and it is becoming more attractive with every new info i got . I am compleyltely agree that it is not an easy tank to handle. It is map oriented also. I dont know what you can do with it in cities but anyway it is egzotic and mysteirious :) i like it...

If i were you, i would definetely choose strv, put the female crew in it and ride to tier X :)

samuelx43a #11 Posted 24 June 2017 - 03:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21405 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Thought they didnt sell the panther M/10 any more?
Dont play it very often, but it's a decent med. Be careful when going agaisnt 8s however
The SU-100Y has a nice punchy gun( and for me at least, it lowrolls very often) be aware however with the aim time and massive sillouhette.

SU-122-44. My first ever prem. When top tier is one of the most devastating TDs( tier for tier) in the game.However, the gun has abysmal stats, and while it has russian accuracy, dont snipe often from long range.

Still, have fun with whatever you buy

Balc0ra #12 Posted 24 June 2017 - 04:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64364 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostTinom5, on 24 June 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

Panther M10 was a premium I would never suggest when it came. But with the recent buffs. It's actually a great tier 7 medium now. Great value for money these days IMO. Gun buffs made it great a snapping. And the ROF buff was not bad either.

SU-122-44 is great when top tier. Armor can be effective, and the DPM for a 122mm is fantastic. Price on the shells is high tho vs other tier 7 premiums. So profit might be a tad lower on the same damage vs the rest. But still a great TD.

Edited by Balc0ra, 24 June 2017 - 04:05 PM.

fwhaatpiraat #13 Posted 24 June 2017 - 04:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45600 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postrimedid, on 24 June 2017 - 02:42 PM, said:

M10/Panther : My favorite tank in these days. It has a fun pew pew gun with decent gun handling. Meh mobility and crappy armor. But tank has good depression with troll turret and most importantly pref mm so you will see top tier games more frequent which is priceless.

Dicker Max: Anthique piece, may some old days but very outdated with current meta, and because of mobility and small gun arc it has no fun for me.

Krupp: i do not have this but i know that it has very very good gun for its tier which i am familiar from my precious VK 45.03 and as far as i know this one has better dpm. But so fragile to my taste.

Su-122-44 : Tank may seem as TD but it is not a regular TD. It is not a sniper but a hybrid of med+TD but med is part is damaged due to lack of turret. I did not enjoy it because i couldnt manage to brawl without turret but maybe you could. Also viewrange is a pain in the [edited]for a TD.

SU-100 Y:  Total regret. Do not waste your time and money on this.

STRV S1 : My next target. I am watching and reading about it and it is becoming more attractive with every new info i got . I am compleyltely agree that it is not an easy tank to handle. It is map oriented also. I dont know what you can do with it in cities but anyway it is egzotic and mysteirious :) i like it...

If i were you, i would definetely choose strv, put the female crew in it and ride to tier X :)

There is still a way back, don't get the strv!

Unless you have hobbies like watching paint dry or grass grow, you will regret buying it. If you hit the 'w' button, you're dead. I agree it looks cool and it has a powerful gun (penetration, accuracy, gun handling), but 'playing' this tank is so extremely boring.

I got the thing gifted (very kind, thx a lot :) ), but won't recommend buying it.

SABAOTH #14 Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:59 PM

Major

• Player
  • 36437 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 24 June 2017 - 04:39 PM, said:

There is still a way back, don't get the strv!

Unless you have hobbies like watching paint dry or grass grow, you will regret buying it. If you hit the 'w' button, you're dead. I agree it looks cool and it has a powerful gun (penetration, accuracy, gun handling), but 'playing' this tank is so extremely boring.

I got the thing gifted (very kind, thx a lot :) ), but won't recommend buying it.

I like it, is very sneaky and the siege mode is really good.

It also bounces a lot of shells that are not overmatching.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users