Why WarGaming Gets Away With Screwing People

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

DorsVenabiIi #1 Posted 24 June 2017 - 01:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23624 battles
  • [BIBLE] BIBLE

A great video by sliphantom explaining why WG gets away with the crap they pull on their playerbase without losing any players. 

Edited by DorsVenabiIi, 24 June 2017 - 01:47 PM.

DracheimFlug #2 Posted 24 June 2017 - 01:55 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View PostDorsVenabiIi, on 24 June 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

A great video by sliphantom explaining why WG gets away with the crap they pull on their playerbase without losing any players. 

So exactly how many pregnancies have resulted from this game? o.O

jabster #3 Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostDorsVenabiIi, on 24 June 2017 - 12:46 PM, said:

A great video if you go along the lines of the WoT community are those that agree with me. 

DracheimFlug #4 Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View Postjabster, on 24 June 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

A great video if you go along the lines of the WoT community are those that agree with me. 

I don't think the community has any lines, merely line segments. It can be a little one dimensional though :)

Headless_Rooster #5 Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10582 battles
  • [W-UNI] W-UNI

I think he highlights some interesting points, I look forward to the rest of the series. It will be interesting to see if any of the issues raised gain enough publicity/support to effect change.  

_EXODUZ_ #6 Posted 24 June 2017 - 03:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34979 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Yea, very true. No competition, positive revenue forecasts = zero [edited]given.

SABAOTH #7 Posted 24 June 2017 - 03:34 PM

Major

• Player
  • 36793 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

Usually for businesses I still have to see when consumer are screwed up and the company does not get away with it. :coin:

It is just as the crowd works, there is no organization so no threats. The hard part is to make one product penetrate a large market share, then it is all downhill until obsolescence. :girl:

Haikonnen #8 Posted 24 June 2017 - 03:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25743 battles

This is unfortunately true.

There were some positive changes in the game recently, but mostly it is getting worse.

a_noob_in_his_ #9 Posted 24 June 2017 - 03:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 47235 battles
because lies and obfuscation is a lot less damaging to the business model than the truth.

chakmarin #10 Posted 24 June 2017 - 03:42 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28046 battles
Because they created the game. It is that simple.

Schmeksiman #11 Posted 24 June 2017 - 03:43 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16280 battles
  • [INC] INC

Just the usual BS. He has a point regarding competition but then he states that devs hate the players, want them to have a bad time and just shrug everything with "deal with it". And based on that premise he builds his entire video attempting to prove a point.

1. That's just purely wrong, these people depend on the players. Do any of you here purposely create bad experiences for people at work just because you can? Would you even do that? I know would not think about doing anything like that (and I am in a position to do so).
  2. I've been following a few other games and have seen similar responses by devs like "deal with it here". Nothing wrong with that there. As far as I remember this "deal with it" comes from Storm on his personal blog, as a reply to an angry comment from someone whining about the game. The glorious WoT playerbase can't take a joke. It's the same as famous "russian accuracy", becomes a joke, few content creators joke about it live and a month later you have people on this forum whining about soviet accuracy.
  3. From personal experience I know what he's saying is not the case. He basically spends the entire video saying how everyone at WG is evil and we should revolt against them. And while it's a nice clickbait, it's wrong. I'll be the first one to say that their head of balance is simply not doing a good job, that his ideas did not make the game more enjoyable and something should be done about it. And there are other problems too but claiming WG is simply looking to milk their costumers for their personal gain is unproven and wrong.

I'd gladly talk about issues with this game, there's no reason one should not do videos on it. But if you're going use premises which are unproven or wrong just because they are easy clickbait and work in the current time then better just don't bother. I can't take him seriously nor do I consider his statements valid if he's not able to provide at least non-biased premise to start the discussion.

Edit: And to further prove my point, look at this:
http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/634181-sliphantom-cencored/#topmost

Without any research some people just create random drama out of nowhere. One minute of googling would have given him the answer but no, better get our pitchforks out for no real reason.

Edited by Schmeksiman, 24 June 2017 - 03:47 PM.

a_noob_in_his_ #12 Posted 24 June 2017 - 04:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 47235 battles

View PostSchmeksiman, on 24 June 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

Just the usual BS. He has a point regarding competition but then he states that devs hate the players, want them to have a bad time and just shrug everything with "deal with it". And based on that premise he builds his entire video attempting to prove a point.

1. That's just purely wrong, these people depend on the players. Do any of you here purposely create bad experiences for people at work just because you can? Would you even do that? I know would not think about doing anything like that (and I am in a position to do so).
  2. I've been following a few other games and have seen similar responses by devs like "deal with it here". Nothing wrong with that there. As far as I remember this "deal with it" comes from Storm on his personal blog, as a reply to an angry comment from someone whining about the game. The glorious WoT playerbase can't take a joke. It's the same as famous "russian accuracy", becomes a joke, few content creators joke about it live and a month later you have people on this forum whining about soviet accuracy.
  3. From personal experience I know what he's saying is not the case. He basically spends the entire video saying how everyone at WG is evil and we should revolt against them. And while it's a nice clickbait, it's wrong. I'll be the first one to say that their head of balance is simply not doing a good job, that his ideas did not make the game more enjoyable and something should be done about it. And there are other problems too but claiming WG is simply looking to milk their costumers for their personal gain is unproven and wrong.

I'd gladly talk about issues with this game, there's no reason one should not do videos on it. But if you're going use premises which are unproven or wrong just because they are easy clickbait and work in the current time then better just don't bother. I can't take him seriously nor do I consider his statements valid if he's not able to provide at least non-biased premise to start the discussion.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/634181-sliphantom-cencored/#topmost

Without any research some people just create random drama out of nowhere. One minute of googling would have given him the answer but no, better get our pitchforks out for no real reason.

if it can't be proven, how do you know it's wrong?

i'm only asking a question

i mean, it could just as easily be right and lied about.

couldn't it?

peace

Headless_Rooster #13 Posted 24 June 2017 - 04:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10582 battles
  • [W-UNI] W-UNI

View PostSchmeksiman, on 24 June 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

Just the usual BS. He has a point regarding competition but then he states that devs hate the players,

He does not say the developers hate the players. He says "Wargaming doesn't care if their core player base is disgruntled for reasons" that he already discussed: (monopoly)

It's a primer video for a series in which he intends to highlight what's wrong with the game "more than anyone could sum up in one video". So if you'd gladly talk about those issues, mite want to watch the rest of the series rather than blowing it off for something he didn't say.

Edited by Headless_Rooster, 24 June 2017 - 04:10 PM.

Balc0ra #14 Posted 24 June 2017 - 04:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66299 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Well he is right, and he is a bit off to. But he hates the game more them most tbh recently. So he will be a tad more aggressive on it.

But do they get away by screwing people over? Well they have gone back on stuff before. If the backlash is big enough. As we have seen several times before. But when it's just a small splash that comes from it. They don't care to much about it. As most on this forum feel the same way as him. But 90% of the players have never been on this forum. They never read it, or follow much of the CC people. They just play the game. And really don't care about all the bad aspects that most hate. And all the rage most have. They just play the game, and still spend money on it. That's why they can get away with it. Because to small of a % of the players actually cares vs population. And thus.. on paper. It's all good.

Then again considering that some people here have created several rage topics about leaving. And yet here they still are. Those are the people you should ask why they get away with it. Because most that do rage.. still sticks around. Heck some of them even have bought the new premiums they rage about. So they are still spending money on it. Thus they have more reason to get away with it.

Edited by Balc0ra, 24 June 2017 - 04:14 PM.

Procrastinator7 #15 Posted 24 June 2017 - 04:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5181 battles
The only thing wrong with the game is that it doesn't run under Linux anymore

JuliusCheddar #16 Posted 24 June 2017 - 04:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29821 battles
  • [3BPAN] 3BPAN
Eh, sliphantom should really stop trying to talk on serious matters 

TankkiPoju #17 Posted 24 June 2017 - 04:36 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20443 battles

AW is dead because the game had even bigger issues than WoT: It was a worse game, or just not better in most things.

Also, the whole Fochgate wasn't actually about OP premium tanks or how WG treats the player base: It was about SirFoch saying direct insults about WG, and WG used the DMCA weapon to take the video down. That really got the attention of Jim Sterling etc. In reality, Sterling doesn't give a rats [edited]about WoT or game imbalance, but he cares a lot about misuse of DMCA because it is a far juicier matter.

The reason why people play WoT is because it also gets many things right: The matches are quick and every game is still kind of different in setting. And people of course love tanks.And the tanks feel really different to play.

If you want to make WoT more enjoyable for you, there is a really quick tip for it: DON'T PLAY THE GAME IF YOU DON'T WANT TO. It's really that simple.

Schmeksiman #18 Posted 24 June 2017 - 04:41 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16280 battles
  • [INC] INC

View PostHeadless_Rooster, on 24 June 2017 - 04:05 PM, said:

He does not say the developers hate the players. He says "Wargaming doesn't care if their core player base is disgruntled for reasons" that he already discussed: (monopoly)

It's a primer video for a series in which he intends to highlight what's wrong with the game "more than anyone could sum up in one video". So if you'd gladly talk about those issues, mite want to watch the rest of the series rather than blowing it off for something he didn't say.

Why should I take anything he says in the future as valid when he starts of like that. He says WG does not care, that they f*** up constantly and milk their playerbase. Isn't that what could be considered hate?

If you are going to start a video series about what's wrong with the game with that, then don't bother. Is it so hard to do a video and stick to a certain topic, like what's wrong with tank balance, maps, gameplay, performance, sound, customer support or whatever?

If this wasn't just the usual BS, bashing and personal hate I could have linked this to someone who's in a position to maybe influence something. But this is not worth even mentioning.

Tidal_Force #19 Posted 24 June 2017 - 04:47 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16192 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostSchmeksiman, on 24 June 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

You already forgot that SerBs stock answer in Q/A was "How terrible"? And he wasn't the only one. Go back to old FTR posts with Q/A, and you will see.

About milking, what proof do you need on top of already present? P2W OP tanks, changes designed to increase goldspam thus increasing premium account revenue and of course, creme de la creme: bundles. As soon as dust after one P2W premtank settles down, new one is released to make sure books look good in next quarter.

Edited by Tidal_Force, 24 June 2017 - 04:48 PM.

Headless_Rooster #20 Posted 24 June 2017 - 05:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10582 battles
  • [W-UNI] W-UNI

Block Quote

Isn't that what could be considered hate?

No. There is a huge difference between indifference and hate.

Block Quote

Is it so hard to do a video and stick to a certain topic, like what's wrong with tank balance, maps, gameplay, performance, sound, customer support or whatever?

Aparently he believes it is, since he said there are more problems "than anyone could sum up in one video", so he did a primer video for a series of videos, he did explain why he did this, to head off the usual excuses/responses.

Block Quote

If this wasn't just the usual BS, bashing and personal hate I could have linked this to someone who's in a position to maybe influence something

We don't if this is the usual BS because he's not actually pointed out what he believes all the problems are yet. maybe he is in a position to influence something, maybe he isn't, I'll give him the benefit of doubt and wait to see if anything delvelops

Block Quote

But this is not worth even mentioning.

Yet here you are.

Edited by Headless_Rooster, 24 June 2017 - 05:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users