Wargaming what the hell are you doing?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Rovikiller #1 Posted 25 June 2017 - 02:58 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30293 battles
  • [ZLI] ZLI

Disclaimer: Following post is long and huge and could be hard to read, also it includes mostly unimportant opinion of a completely unimportant player who plays this game since late 2011

Seriously, why are you stabbing this game to death? What the hell is wrong with you? What kind of people work in balancing department?

Let's be constructive about how WG ruins the game with every patch:

1. If I remember correctly, you nerfed accuracy at least 3 times in less than two years, you decreased overall accuracy, overall shot dispersion and then you are "rebalancing" accuracy of mediums and lights, making them insanely inaccurate, so why's that? Why do you think that by making everything inaccurate will solve any problems? There shouldn't be lasers either, but how do you expect us to hit existing weak spots on overbuffed armored behemoths, which don't even exist, but are flatter parts? Or how do you expect to snipe anything anymore as shells simply decide to go exploring space or closer inspect ground..?

2. Insanely increasing armor values (Maus, Type 5, Defender/Obj 252u), these tanks are mostly impenetrable, even with premium ammo, it is still hard to pen them (Those 10mm less weakspots on Type's front armor is some kind of late 1st april joke, it's just like stabbing a person in the square and saying it was just a prank).. And this should encourage what? These tanks can be barely penetrated to their side armor with regular shells, and it is rare that you will see their sides let alone their rears, as you can't flank them and circle around them.

3. Of course, with accuracy nerfs and insanely overbuffed heavies, you also included penetration lost for AP/APCR which most of the tanks use for standard ammo(APCR in higher tiers, AP in lower), what means that if we want to snipe today with a tank with 0.38+ dispersion and aim time over 2.4 seconds, we can simply jump off the scene and into a trash can. Hilariously abnormal.

4. What kind of hellish rebalance are you doing to French vehicles? Just if I start talking about french tech tree, you screwed it completely

- firstly, you overnerfed Foch 155, you turned it into pile of utter trash; 

- you had perfect candidates for tier 8 heavies for second heavy line and you decided to put them as premium tanks and then you throw nails at us saying that there are no candidates for another line. Ok, FCM 50t, but then AMX 49, which could potentially lead from AMX 45, but no, you decided to give it more armor trough supertest and until its release. And then accuracy nerfs made it impossible to hit its cupola weakspot... Incredible

- French TD line is a joke by itself, and I believe that Foch 155(Foch B in future) was nerfed with this patch, although, giving it 6 shells in a clip and good reload could be game breaking just as WTF E100 was, or simply, it would be very powerful or very useless it depends on situation and considering that it now has 257 pen; it should have kept its 155mm gun and some stats could have been tweaked for that gun... But WG decides for dramatic changes which are mostly unnecessary 

- AMX 30 B(10) and AMX 30 1er Prototype(9) are the only good thing happening in future, but it's still nonsense, give it 200 armor out of nowhere and then decrease accuracy and penetration, like why the hell pen and accuracy again?

- Bat-chat 25t - I'd say that even thought it gets slightly higher DPM, it will be broken as hell, now with insanely nerfed penetration and damage, and as compensation it got one more shell and 6 seconds less clip reload(and a slight accuracy buff, who would say)

- AMX 50 100 got some attention and got gun depression buff, which is only normal thing upcoming

5. Premium tanks - WG is constantly releasing premium tanks, and most of the latest premium tanks are OP, so WG promised long time ago that none of the premium tanks will be stronger than regular tanks of the same tier and type, but it seems like that promise was also broken just as many other things in WoT. Defender, Chrysler, AMX 49, T26E5, Lorraine 40t, each of these tanks outperform both of their regular counterparts and premium counterparts(e.g. AMX 49 better than FCM 50t/Lorraine better than AMX50 100 and AMX CDC; Defender undoubtedly outperforms any tier 8 tank, but in comparison with IS 6, IS 3, IS 5, IS 3A it is far better)

6. Corridor maps, flanking, platoons, scouting and arty

- So WG removed so many maps unnecessarily, and most of the maps which were left have been changed to corridors and then they add Paris map, which would be a good idea if the moved the map with Eiffel tower in the middle, but no, they decided that symmetric map full of buildings is great idea, neither scouts or arty can do something effectively, it's heavy tanks map, and with this nonsense matchmaker you will probably get a T44s vs Defenders and VK100.01s, or Leopards vs Maus and Type 5.

- Scouts lost their use in WoT, as they are used completely different now, there are no more "scouts", but light tanks just have same camo value while moving, which is great I think... But then nerfing view range of those lights and saying that you want to keep their role as scouts is just retarded paradox. And scouts can't even scout on these corridor maps... This game is complete paradox since 9.17 was introduced...

-Flanking - how the heck do you flank a goddamn Maus in any tank on Paris, Himmelsdorf and similar maps (corridor maps which have way too many unnecessary hills and rocks)? I was playing T44 and one ape was screeching how I should flank a Defender on himmelsdorf and I was just wondering how was I supposed to do that since Defender can both rotate its turret faster and turn its hull fast enough to hit me.. Even light tanks can't flank some TDs and heavies anymore. That tactical term doesn't exist anymore in WoT.

- Artillery - well, it was finally rebalanced and changed, but it was again terribly done, it doesn't one-shot you anymore, but now it destroys your will to play. Stunning trough walls, rocks or any actual solid cover. and even damaging you is just plain nonsense, I personally liked old arty more, as it could do some damage at least and it still had less chance to hit you. But change was necessary as it was absurd that one shot over whole map could end your fun in the game. They should have decreased both damage and reload time by 15% to 25% and should have nerfed completely to the ground accuracy on the move, as it is just retarded that arty shotguns you from 80+ meters away and again, cripples your tank and life.

- Platoons - why the hell do they even touch something like that? Simplest solution to troll platoons- don't let platoons with difference greater than 1 tier between them, but they decided to limit only to same tier, no arties and bad matchmaking for platoons. Why the hell would anyone do this? Like seriously, platoons are garbage nowadays

7. Sniping and camping

- So I remember when you could sit somewhere and properly snipe at the enemy tanks and could actually have impact on the outcome of the battle, but now that is impossible as maps are complete nonsense, there aren't that many points with over 450 meters which could be used for effective sniping (unless you're in a swedish TD then you can snipe from 150 meters away and still be unspotted), but tanks today can't hit a barn, and even if they hit, it will be mostly a bounce or critical hit. Accuracy was overnerfed and penetration loss over distance for AP and APCR was introduced and that made it even worse. Camping makes sense only for Swedish TDs as they are only ones which can stay in bushes and defend a flank, unless it's corridor map again, then you can just go bang your head to wall. 

8. Ranked battles

- This mode is utterly insanely absurd and so are the rewards for it, and that is advanced level of pay to win, full tier 10 battles where one team gets mediums and other heavies like Maus and Type 5, most of the battles are either 15:1 or 1:15, shooting gold is priority if you want those rewards, so is premium account if you don't want to run out of money quickly. It is just utter nonsense, those bonds for which you can buy improved equipment, and I just know that WG will sell bonds later so it will be just another stab to the game, just absurd, it doesn't make any sense. Somebody please explain me this game mode...

Conclusion:

Regular players are mostly doomed, battles aren't even slightly balanced, maybe in lower tiers, but again, in lower tiers one side gets 5 Pz B2s and other gets DW2, or in tier 8 one side gets Tiger 2s and VK4502As vs Defender and Liberte(anyways that's rare as today battles consist mainly of premium tanks, regular tanks are now rarity in tier 7 and 8 battles, as there are less than 7 regular tanks per team).. MM should be reverted to the old one until this one is completely fixed and ready to go as this one is killing diversity, accuracy should be rebuffed, french tanks could get some better gun handling stats and dispersion on move and turret/hull rotation, no need to buff things which don't need a buff. Although some armor buffs are good, but you can't simply put 200+ armor on a tank out of nowhere. There are way to many OP premium tanks and they should be nerfed, players should get a refund, but then again, players should be paying for tanks "which are not in any way stronger or have any advantage over their regular counterparts" although I agree if a premium has something better than their regular counterpart, but it should never be completely better than most of the regular same tiered tanks.

Platoon system should be reverted as well, just put some normal limitations, arty isn't even priority now, but a change would be good. WG should really stop throwing out premiums and focus more on other things, there are already now 5 premium tanks upcoming - Tiger 121(already in game actually), Tiger 217, T92 (a light tank which could make up for another light tank branch, but why when you can make money on 60€ packs), Pudel (Polish Panther, but on tier 6) and STG and there could maybe be even more.. Just stop already, stop plundering this game and invest in improvement of the game, also return some old maps and rework them all so that they have less corridors or at least make new maps which aren't meant just for close quarter combat. And just for the love of god, rebalance regular and premium ammo already, it is just insane that premium ammo is so much better and that it is the only ammo used in higher tiers, but now sometimes even in midtier and low tier battles players load gold for no apparent reason. Just change it already, decrease pen difference between the two(by that I don't mean decrease regular and premium, but increase regular a bit and decrease premium shells a bit), also I think that it is hardly possible to grind any money anymore, you should check economy and increase it

Also WG, return missions in which players could get 100 000 to 1 000 000 credits, bring more events in which all players can participate. Do something smart, as you are already failing hard and statistics from other post (posted by player Saif)

Google Trends - WoT

Please stop nerfing regular tanks and making them dependable on their premium rounds, it is just insanely absurd and it ruins fun with these tanks, if you continue changing unnecessary things you will just make the game monotonous brawling of heavies and stunning arties, which no one wants. Yet again if you screw up, it is your loss.

Or just completely turn back to 9.0 and start reworking from scratch.

NOTE to moderators: Please next time, before changing whole lines with "*edited" try to at least highlight those words and notify me trough PM or e-mail that I have to change those words within 24 hours or so, but I don't want to see any more "*edited" in my posts because there is no such list with all prohibited words. Also, most of Your edits are blocking expressionism in posts.

Words in general use (e.g. screwed, stupid, retarded) should not be censored unless it is truly directed to a person or legal entity with ultimate intention to insult, also censoring phrases which are not insulting or mean should not be happening. But as I said, either put a list of prohibited words by Your standards or highlight profanity and notify OP to change those words.

Edited by Rovikiller, 26 June 2017 - 07:38 PM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Homer_J #2 Posted 25 June 2017 - 03:24 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 26985 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRovikiller, on 25 June 2017 - 02:58 AM, said:

1. If I remember correctly, you nerfed accuracy at least 3 times in less than two years, 

Nope, they massively overbuffed accuracy to the point where accuracy figures were meaningless and then reversed it slightly.

Point 2 you can blame on the playerbase for complaining that armour was useless

Point 3 never made it into the game, it was just a sandbox idea which was dropped.

Point 4 is only in supertest so a bit early to whine about.  IMO the TD changes are good but I would also like to see the tier X get it's mobility back as well.

Point 5 IMO none of the premiums are stronger than fully upgraded regular tanks, they all have some downside but the bar has moved from "worse than" to "as good as" but they also dropped special matchmaking.

Point 8 we all said would be a failure mode but people are still playing it oblivious to the fact that most won't get nearly enough bonds to buy one piece of equipment.

Edited by Homer_J, 25 June 2017 - 03:34 AM.

Rovikiller #3 Posted 25 June 2017 - 03:32 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30293 battles
  • [ZLI] ZLI

View PostHomer_J, on 25 June 2017 - 03:24 AM, said:

Nope, they massively overbuffed accuracy to the point where accuracy figures were meaningless and then reversed it slightly.

I really wouldn't agree, firstly they nerfed overall accuracy by 15%, then they nerfed overall dispersion within circle by 10%, maybe even twice they did so, and now they started to nerf dispersion and soft stats on tanks and penetration loss over distance, it is just insane, you can't do anything to some tanks...

Also I forgot to mention that Ranked battles and Clan Wars are completely different, Ranked battles are complete nonsense, a full tier 10 team against full tier 10 team just like in a random match except everybody's shooting gold cause they want improved equipment and clan wars are so much more than this insane garbage, just continue improving clan wars instead of those failed Ranked battles.

Edited by Rovikiller, 26 June 2017 - 06:08 PM.

Homer_J #4 Posted 25 June 2017 - 03:36 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 26985 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRovikiller, on 25 June 2017 - 03:32 AM, said:

I really wouldn't agree, firstly they nerfed overall accuracy by 15%, then they nerfed overall dispersion within circle by 10%, maybe even twice they did so, and now they started to nerf dispersion and soft stats on tanks and penetration loss over distance, it is just insane, you can't do *Edited to some tanks...

Nope.

First they changed the garage stats to display figures for a 100% crew instead of a 133% crew.  They did not actually change any stats.  The rest you are just plain wrong with.  The change in penetration dropoff never even happened.

Accuracy was overbuffed in 0.8.6 when they removed the one in five shots which went completely to the edge of the circle and then nerfed slightly sometime after.

Rovikiller #5 Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:32 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30293 battles
  • [ZLI] ZLI

View PostHomer_J, on 25 June 2017 - 03:36 AM, said:

Nope.

First they changed the garage stats to display figures for a 100% crew instead of a 133% crew.  They did not actually change any stats.  The rest you are just plain wrong with.  The change in penetration dropoff never even happened.

Accuracy was overbuffed in 0.8.6 when they removed the one in five shots which went completely to the edge of the circle and then nerfed slightly sometime after.

I am not even talking about bugged display in garage which was years ago and fixed. And yes, it was overbuffed because KV2 could hit you, but guess what? KV 2 can still hit you today and still do damage, while most of the tanks cannot do anything. Even if it was overbuffed it should have been left like that then. Because they screwed up everything at least 500 times since 8.6... They didn't slightly nerf accuracy, they completely nailed it to the ground, they did introduce penetration dropoff which made sniping thousand times worse with this nerfed accuracy and nerfed dispersion and nerfed dispersion per tank on 100% crew, you simply miss fully aimed shots, completely. And KV 2 still won't give a single pin, it will just derp you with HE wherever you stood and deal 300 damage, and so will any derp guns, but guns with AP and APCR as standard ammo are suffering, badly. Don't you understand? Try to hit Defender in a weakspot on around 300 meters. If you hit it just luck, because you missed first 3 shots and after that hit you probably missed another 3. Besides that, it is 1:10000 chance that Defender will wait that you hit him anywhere anymore after first or second shot.

Ultimately, there were nerfs to accuracy and dispersion both on individual tank and overall levels, also penetration decline over distance was implemented before Sandbox test servers came online for the first time. It is hard to hit weakspots with these nerfs no matter what distance actually as most of the shots don't hit the target at all.

But what am I supposed to tell you, you like the way where WG is going, can't hate you because of that. But you cannot deny statistics.

Edited by Rovikiller, 26 June 2017 - 06:14 PM.

Homer_J #6 Posted 25 June 2017 - 05:52 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 26985 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRovikiller, on 25 June 2017 - 04:32 AM, said:

But you cannot deny statistics.

I can deny pretty much everything you have said and challenge you to bring proof.

There is damage dropoff, there always has been since closed beta.  It has never changed.  They experimented with earlier dropoff in sandbox and decided against it.  As for all the nerfs to accuracy, please show me some proof.

superfly2000 #7 Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 76534 battles
  • [SFLY] SFLY

Not sure I have ever agreed this much with Homer_J but you nailed it bro....

Jigabachi #8 Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:36 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17726 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRovikiller, on 25 June 2017 - 04:32 AM, said:

And yes, it was overbuffed because KV2 could hit you, but guess what? KV 2 can still hit you today and still do damage, while most of the tanks cannot do anything. Even if it was overbuffed it should have been left like that then. 

Err... what? The game was completely unplayable back then because all the inaccurate guns were basically able to snapshot you across the entire map.

Kalashnikova_blyat #9 Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:51 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 42164 battles
  • [-WBZ-] -WBZ-
True, broken and not fun at all but if u are at 45% win rate and buy a OP premium  u will enjoy for sure...

Rovikiller #10 Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:33 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30293 battles
  • [ZLI] ZLI

View PostJigabachi, on 25 June 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

Err... what? The game was completely unplayable back then because all the inaccurate guns were basically able to snapshot you across the entire map.

Well and before that game was unplayable because you would miss a point blank target for no reason on full aim with 0.32 dispersion, that's why they buffed accuracy, though there were many other ways to balance that out, they just kept on changing unnecessary things thus ruining every part of the game consequently.

View PostHomer_J, on 25 June 2017 - 03:24 AM, said:

Point 2 you can blame on the playerbase for complaining that armour was useless

Point 3 never made it into the game, it was just a sandbox idea which was dropped.

Point 4 is only in supertest so a bit early to whine about.  IMO the TD changes are good but I would also like to see the tier X get it's mobility back as well.

Point 5 IMO none of the premiums are stronger than fully upgraded regular tanks, they all have some downside but the bar has moved from "worse than" to "as good as" but they also dropped special matchmaking.

Point 8 we all said would be a failure mode but people are still playing it oblivious to the fact that most won't get nearly enough bonds to buy one piece of equipment.

Armor was useless and still is useless, but now you need premium rounds to pen it like 80% of times. Seriously, you sound like one of the WG employees, who blatantly lie to people and you just see how biased the game has become. And for thousandth time WG kept on nerfing accuracy where you miss fully aimed shots for no reason with pretty accurate guns - go check on some SirFoch videos.

Playerbase is whining and few players make constructive posts, yet these constructive posts with possible solutions are ignored and WG just interprets what they like from whining. Armor was useless, but now it is again useless since every retard can load HEAT and just overwhelm you at any angle.

Like seriously, just go in the game and hover with your mouse over AP and APCR icons in garage, or right click and open detailed description of shells, you will see penetration loss over distance of 100, 300 and 500 meters. And I'm pretty much sure that they will introduce different values of penetration loss, it just won't be as in Sandbox where it was like pen loss on every 50 meters, but maybe every 100 meters.

I didn't say that supertest changes for TDs are bad, but it definitely won't bring them out by much higher number. Theoretically they will be better, but I'd say that they could get pretty much imbalanced, Foch 155 back in its days was way to powerful, but then they decreased damage of 15cm caliber guns from 850 to 750, again with so many blatant nerfs you would have to be lucky if you hit AND pen a slightly more armored tank. Yes it is definitely hard to tell what these changes are going to bring, but they should have simply left BatChat as it is now. Maybe a very slight nerf, but these are huge changes for a tank which is used in CWs, SHs and tournaments.

Premium tanks - seriously what are you talking about? Yes they don't have limited MM anymore, but does that mean that they should be now way more stronger? Powercreep is real here. Stop denying this, even if you are paying 200€ agree that Defender, Liberte, T26E5 are way better than their regular counterparts. Because it is just like that... Seriously, Defender can compete with T-10 on tier 9 and even possibly with IS 7, it is still a very strong tank. Chrysler for example, seriously, it has no weakspots, you either shoot gold at it or you just don't engage it unless you get completely behind him or if you are lucky enough to track him and keep him tracked. Liberte will beat 50 100 at least 7 out of 10 times because 50 100 will probably miss its weakspots and if 50 100 wants to destroy Liberte he has to put all 6 shots in, which just won't happen, unless of course it flanks Liberte or something, but that is rare as no tank is ever alone driving in open field where you can simply encircle it + there are way too many corridor maps where you won't do anything anyway. T26E5 is better than T32, more mobile, strong turret as well, higher penetration + it has APCR as standard ammo, what are the downsides compared to T32? Hell, even SuperPershing can't compete with it.

People are still playing it yes, so people played historical battles, confrontation, rampage and other stuff which WG implemented and those failed, and so will this as it is nothing but gold spam and only most paying ones will get to the top. Just look at the history and you will see by yourself.

But yet again, I'm just pointing out things, as lack of maps, also same boring maps every day, full of corridors; Powercreep both in top tier regular and recent premiums(not these very new ones). WG destroyed CW within last few months and really they are ruining fun everywhere where they can for players, thus game is becoming monotonous, there is less diversity, less immersion... Ruined platoons recently, ruined tier 8 completely as many tanks in tier 8 are now obsolete and most of people just want to skip or avoid them.

I can invite you in platoon at some times and play for hour or two just to prove my points. I don't like where this game is going as they are going for quantity over quality, though graphics enhancements and advanced physics were promised long time ago and we still didn't get anything, although they said that throughout this year it will be implemented, and that would be 4 years after they promised that.

Edited by Rovikiller, 26 June 2017 - 06:21 PM.

WindSplitter1 #11 Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14273 battles

OP, please edit your cursing and name calling.

This is by no means a typical rant, at least it can be worked on unlike the vast majority, and I wouldn't want WG to close the thread and dismiss it just yet.

Isharial #12 Posted 25 June 2017 - 05:27 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18284 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRovikiller, on 25 June 2017 - 02:58 AM, said:

Disclaimer: Following post is long and huge and could be hard to read, also it includes mostly unimportant opinion of a completely unimportant player who plays this game since late 2011

Seriously, why are you stabbing this game to death? What the hell is wrong with you? What kind of *Edited work in balancing department?

Let's be constructive about how WG ruins the game with every patch:

1. If I remember correctly, you nerfed accuracy at least 3 times in less than two years, you decreased overall accuracy, overall shot dispersion and then you are "rebalancing" accuracy of mediums and lights, making them insanely inaccurate, so why's that? Why do you think that by making everything inaccurate will solve any problems? There shouldn't be lasers either, but how do you expect us to hit existing weak spots on overbuffed armored behemoths, which don't even exist, but are flatter parts? Or how do you expect to snipe anything anymore as shells simply decide to go exploring space or closer inspect ground..?

2. Insanely increasing armor values (Maus, Type 5, Defender/Obj 252u), these tanks are mostly impenetrable, even with premium ammo, it is still hard to pen them (Those 10mm less weakspots on Type's front armor is some kind of late 1st april joke, it's just like stabbing a person in the square and saying it was just a prank).. And this should encourage what? These tanks can be barely penetrated to their side armor with regular shells, and it is rare that you will see their sides let alone their rears, as you can't flank them and circle around them.

3. Of course, with accuracy nerfs and insanely overbuffed heavies, you also included penetration lost for AP/APCR which most of the tanks use for standard ammo(APCR in higher tiers, AP in lower), what means that if we want to snipe today with a tank with 0.38+ dispersion and aim time over 2.4 seconds, we can simply jump off the scene and into a trash can. Hilariously abnormal.

4. What kind of *Edited rebalance are you doing to French vehicles? Just if I start talking about french tech tree, you *Edited completely

- firstly, you overnerfed Foch 155, you turned it into pile of utter trash; 

- you had perfect candidates for tier 8 heavies for second heavy line and you decided to put them as premium tanks and then you throw *Edited at us saying that there are no candidates for another line. Ok, FCM 50t, but then AMX 49, which could potentially lead from AMX 45, but no, you decided to give it more armor trough supertest and until its release. And then accuracy nerfs made it impossible to hit its cupola weakspot... Incredible

- French TD line is a joke by itself, and I believe that Foch 155(Foch B in future) was nerfed with this patch, although, giving it 6 shells in a clip and good reload could be game breaking just as WTF E100 was, or simply, it would be very powerful or very useless it depends on situation and considering that it now has 257 pen; it should have kept its 155mm gun and some stats could have been tweaked for that gun... But WG decides for dramatic changes which are mostly unnecessary 

- AMX 30 B(10) and AMX 30 1er Prototype(9) are the only good thing happening in future, but it's still *Edited, give it 200 armor out of nowhere and then decrease accuracy and penetration, like why the hell pen and accuracy again?

- Bat-chat 25t - I'd say that even thought it gets slightly higher DPM, it will be broken as hell, now with insanely nerfed penetration and damage, and as compensation it got one more shell and 6 seconds less clip reload(and a slight accuracy buff, who would say)

- AMX 50 100 got some attention and got gun depression buff, which is only normal thing upcoming

5. Premium tanks - WG is constantly releasing premium tanks, and most of the latest premium tanks are OP, so WG promised long time ago that none of the premium tanks will be stronger than regular tanks of the same tier and type, but it seems like that promise was also broken just as many other things in WoT. Defender, Chrysler, AMX 49, T26E5, Lorraine 40t, each of these tanks outperform both of their regular counterparts and premium counterparts(e.g. AMX 49 better than FCM 50t/Lorraine better than AMX50 100 and AMX CDC; Defender undoubtedly outperforms any tier 8 tank, but in comparison with IS 6, IS 3, IS 5, IS 3A it is far better)

6. Corridor maps, flanking, platoons, scouting and arty

- So WG removed so many maps unnecessarily, and most of the maps which were left have been changed to corridors and then they add Paris map, which would be a good idea if the moved the map with Eiffel tower in the middle, but no, they decided that symmetric map full of buildings is great idea, neither scouts or arty can do something effectively, it's heavy tanks map, and with this *Edited matchmaker you will probably get a T44s vs Defenders and VK100.01s, or Leopards vs Maus and Type 5.

- Scouts lost their use in WoT, as they are used completely different now, there are no more "scouts", but light tanks just have same camo value while moving, which is great I think... But then nerfing view range of those lights and saying that you want to keep their role as scouts is just retarded paradox. And scouts can't even scout on these corridor maps... This game is complete paradox since 9.17 was introduced...

-Flanking - how the heck do you flank a goddamn Maus in any tank on Paris, Himmelsdorf and similar maps (corridor maps which have *Edited hills and rocks)? I was playing T44 and one *Edited was screeching how I should flank a Defender on himmelsdorf and I was just wondering how was I supposed to do that since Defender can both rotate its turret faster and turn its hull fast enough to hit me.. Even light tanks can't flank some TDs and heavies anymore. That tactical term doesn't exist anymore in WoT.

- Artillery - well, it was finally rebalanced and changed, but it was again terribly done, it doesn't one-shot you anymore, but now it destroys your will to play. Stunning trough walls, rocks or any actual solid cover. and even damaging you is just plain *Edited, I personally liked old arty more, as it could do some damage at least and it still had less chance to hit you. But change was necessary as it was *Edited that one shot over whole map could end your fun in the game. They should have decreased both damage and reload time by 15% to 25% and should have nerfed completely to the ground accuracy on the move, as it is just retarded that arty shotguns you from 80+ meters away and again, cripples your tank and life.

- Platoons - why the hell do they even touch something like that? Simplest solution to troll platoons- don't let platoons with difference greater than 1 tier between them, but they decided to limit only to same tier, no arties and bad matchmaking for platoons. Why the hell would anyone do this? *Edited Seriously, platoons are *Edited nowadays

7. Sniping and camping

- So I remember when you could sit somewhere and properly snipe at the enemy tanks and could actually have impact on the outcome of the battle, but now that is impossible as maps are *Edited, there aren't that many points with over 450 meters which could be used for effective sniping (unless you're in a swedish TD then you can snipe from 150 meters away and still be unspotted), but tanks today can't hit *Edited, and even if they hit, it will be mostly a bounce or critical hit. Accuracy was overnerfed and penetration loss over distance for AP and APCR was introduced and that made it even worse. Camping makes sense only for Swedish TDs as they are only ones which can stay in bushes and defend a flank, unless it's corridor map again *Edited

8. Ranked battles

- This mode is *Edited and so are the rewards for it, and that is advanced level of pay to win, full tier 10 battles where one team gets mediums and other heavies like Maus and Type 5, most of the battles are either 15:1 or 1:15, shooting gold is priority if you want those rewards, so is premium account if you don't want to run out of money quickly. It is just *Edited, those bonds for which you can buy improved equipment, and I just know that WG will sell bonds later so it will be just another stab to the game, just *Edited, it doesn't make any sense. Somebody please explain me this game mode...

Conclusion:

Regular players are mostly *Edited, battles aren't even slightly balanced, maybe in lower tiers, but again, in lower tiers one side gets 5 Pz B2s and other gets DW2, or in tier 8 one side gets Tiger 2s and VK4502As vs Defender and Liberte(anyways that's rare as today battles consist mainly of premium tanks, regular tanks are now rarity in tier 7 and 8 battles, as there are less than 7 regular tanks per team).. MM should be reverted to the old one until this one is completely fixed and ready to go as this one is killing diversity, accuracy should be rebuffed, french tanks could get some better gun handling stats and dispersion on move and turret/hull rotation, no need to buff things which don't need a buff. Although some armor buffs are good, but you can't simply put 200+ armor on a tank out of nowhere. There are way to many OP premium tanks and they should be nerfed, players should get a refund, but then again, players should be paying for tanks "which are not in any way stronger or have any advantage over their regular counterparts" although I agree if a premium has something better than their regular counterpart, but it should never be completely better than most of the regular same tiered tanks.

Platoon system should be reverted as well, just put some normal limitations, arty isn't even priority now, but a change would be good. WG should really stop throwing out premiums and focus more on other things, there are already now 5 premium tanks upcoming - Tiger 121(already in game actually), Tiger 217, T92 (a light tank which could make up for another light tank branch, but why when you can make money on 60€ packs), Pudel (Polish Panther, but on tier 6) and STG and there could maybe be even more.. Just stop already, stop plundering this game and invest in improvement of the game, also return some old maps and rework them all so that they have less corridors or at least make new maps which aren't meant just for close quarter combat. And just for the love of god, rebalance regular and premium ammo already, it is just insane that premium ammo is so much better and that it is the only ammo used in higher tiers, but now sometimes even in midtier and low tier battles players load gold for no apparent reason. Just change it already, decrease pen difference between the two(by that I don't mean decrease regular and premium, but increase regular a bit and decrease premium shells a bit), also I think that it is hardly possible to grind any money anymore, you should check economy and increase it

Also WG, return missions in which players could get 100 000 to 1 000 000 credits, bring more events in which all players can participate. Do something smart, as you are already failing hard and statistics from other post (posted by player Saif)

Google Trends - WoT

Please stop nerfing regular tanks and making them dependable on their premium rounds, it is just *Edited and it ruins fun with these tanks, if you continue changing unnecessary things you will just make the game monotonous brawling of heavies and stunning arties, which no one wants. Yet again if you screw up, it is your loss.

Or just completely turn back to 9.0 and start reworking from scratch.

1: homerJ nailed this point pretty much bang on

2:blame all those who complain "armour is useless", they are what has caused that, and will continue to do so

unless you can find a way of teaching those fail E100 drivers that crossing malinovka field 1st minute into a battle is a bad thing, you'll have to deal with this like every other player

3:this was never implanted, tried, tested, tried again, tested again, dropped because it still didn't work

4:these changes are still in supertest and haven't even been confirmed yet, we have no idea if they'll be the actual values, or they'll be changed yet, so you cant really complain about this yet

5: only the defender and 1 or 2 others actually have a great deal of effect on winrate, Lorraine, T26e5, M4 49, all require a smart player behind them to actually use them, the lorr wil get wrecked very easily in the hands of a bad player, which is not what can be said for the defender

the M4 49 is not a comparable tank to the 50t, both are seriously different in playstyle that this comparison may as well compare an IS-3 to a T-44.. one is armoured, the other is not

6: maps were removed, because of balancing reasons (whether that's the real reason, well only WG will know that for sure) but a team of mediums can still carry through a team of heavies, the heavies have to leave their safety of a town sometimes to cap or push, and that's when mediums can stay safely out of range and pick them off

some medium players tend to "rush town" because they think they can peek better.... it doesn't work like that

scouts cant passive scout quite as easily, however a good scout player, can still scout very effectively, it is harder, for sure, but that separates the noobs from the good players

maps affect more than just lights, heavies thrive in most maps, but there are still thankfully, places you can take side shots into them.. maybe that will change with HD rock, we'll have to wait and see

I don't know about destroying your will to play, that's not quite right, in fact, there almost pointless, you can sit in the open now and get shot for 1-200 from an artillery 2 tiers higher than you... you cant do that in a T7 medium against even another T7 medium, let alone a T9 tank

in the interest of the stuns, id rather just have the one shots back.. the stuns lasting 20+ seconds at T7+ is enough to get you killed by pretty much anything on the enemy team, and lower tiers don't even have stun, so they cant even do the PM's they supposedly should be able to do (there are very few T4 arties with stun for the stug missions...)

its either off, or completely *Edited

- Platoons - why the hell do they even touch something like that? Simplest solution to troll platoons- don't let platoons with difference greater than 1 tier between them, but they decided to limit only to same tier, no arties and bad matchmaking for platoons. Why the [edited]would anyone do this? What kind of chernobyl are they having in their brains? Seriously, platoons are [edited]nowadays

don't need 1 tier difference anymore, even lights are the same tier now, so whats the usage of it?

no arties, should be 1, to allow them to actually play with their friends (sole reason of actually using a platoon in the first place)

MM isn't bad, 3 players in platoon can perform much better than 3 random players in a similar spot on the map, there's a synergy between them, they know how to compliment each other, and that can allow them to take down tanks 3 solo players, that have no idea what each can do, cant

7: pure L2P issue

just because they "could do", doesn't mean that was good for balance, you have to use the map and the landscape if you want to be a decent TD player, you must know your advantages, and what you cannot do

there are quite a few TD's that can snipe, but a jagdtiger, or another heavily armoured TD, shouldn't be in a bush, and therefore, cant sit in a bush very well, common sense really

8: the game mode alienates most who would play it, simply by being T10 only

just like rampage, it will fail, and the only reason people even play it is for the bonds, soon as they come from another source, modes dead like rampage

new MM is far better than the old one, it has troubles, but its still much better

no longer do you face 15 T8 tanks, with your T6 medium, or 15 T5 as a T3 AMX 38

no longer do you end up on a team of T5, with a T6 tank on the enemy team and none on yours

that alone is good enough to warrant the change over

you always have something you can fight that's your own tier, and that's something you know you can always damage regardless of what your team do

accuracy is good enough, some tanks could do with slight dispersion buffs, but otherwise its workable

you cant nerf premium tanks without offering some kind of repayment, and the whole superpershing fiasco probably contributes to WG's stance towards it

pudel is a panther on T6, and there's already a german one there called the vK3002M

rebalance gold and standard ammo? seriously? that would require and entire game rework to achieve as every single tank would need to be rebalanced around the new system, that's a lot of work

credits are fine, you keep T5 as a f2p (I do) and use that for credits, as well as the T8 premiums, and use that to fund the rest of your game time

"Also WG, return missions in which players could get 100 000 to 1 000 000 credits, bring more events in which all players can participate. Do something smart, as you are already failing hard and statistics from other post (posted by player Saif)"

missions, would like them, most would, but as soon as you quote saif, who posts googletrends and says its fact, you loose all credibility

I agree with some points you made, others are complete nonsense, and the amount of swears and hate words your post OP is pathetic, grow up

Edited by Nohe21, 26 June 2017 - 03:49 PM.

Zhul87 #13 Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:12 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21155 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
http://wiki.wargamin...ld_of_Tanks_(PC)

Homer_J #14 Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 26985 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRovikiller, on 25 June 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

Like seriously, just go in the game and hover with your mouse over AP and APCR icons in garage, or right click and open detailed description of shells, you will see penetration loss over distance of 100, 300 and 500 meters. And I'm pretty much sure that they will introduce different values of penetration loss, it just won't be as in Sandbox where it was like pen loss on every 50 meters, but maybe every 100 meters.

And like I said, that was always there, just not advertised.

The only change they have ever made to damage falloff was to change the max range for low caliber (tier 1 autocannons etc.)

Seriously, you sound like one of the WG employees, who blatantly lie to people 

If you believe that WG employees are blatantly lying to you then there was probably no point starting this thread and certainly no point continuing any discussion.

Rovikiller #15 Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:27 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30293 battles
  • [ZLI] ZLI

View PostHomer_J, on 25 June 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

If you believe that WG employees are blatantly lying to you then there was probably no point starting this thread and certainly no point continuing any discussion.

So there is no point in even discussing any improvement at all? Really, I remember each and every patch as I played a lot, and I remember that when they buffed accuracy by 25%, I remember that KV 2 could snap you, or Death star would snap you from the other side, but I am saying that there could have been other changes including slight accuracy nerf, and they are already planning for more accuracy nerfs, overall nerfs.

Also, since Sandbox has begun, they almost always introduced things mentioned and tested in it, and they will introduce everything planned sooner or later

So I am 100% sure that another accuracy nerf is coming and that regular players will struggle even more against OP tanks

Also, for overall performance of OP premium tanks here are statistics, analyze them - Statistics

So first two pages have 16 premium tanks out of 20 tanks which have high win rate, minus 2 duplicates(unique camo), it leaves 14 premium tanks far better than most of the regular tier 8s. Meaning that 70% of the tanks at the top 20 are premium tanks. So how premium tanks are not OP? Really, Defender outperforms all tier 8s and some tier 9s, and in good hands it can outplay tier 10 tanks with little to no problems.

Don't get me wrong, I am not ranting, I want to discuss, I am not screeching "nerf this buff that" but when you take a look in statistics, it truly shows how game looks like.

Also you all got on me for accuracy(but hey, you love missing shots and then lose money every battle it is so much fun, I can tell..), like there is nothing else happening, no one said anything about Clan Wars, no one even mentioned any possible changes to MatchMaker, no one is suggesting or trying to discuss and present possible solutions.

Really, if I didn't care for this game I wouldn't even make this post in the first place.. None of my previous posts were just plain rants, and I use as little swearing and profanities as I can, I don't insult anyone(although I can be very salty if someone really annoys me with unnecessary stuff).

For every problem exists a solution, I don't have plans to give up on playing this game, and I always wanted to participate in testings, but most of the time I don't get a chance to do so.

I really like this game, but just look at the tier 8s, try to play in tier 8 nowadays. If you get a full tier 8 match, it consists mostly of premium tanks, and most of them are those Above average and OP premium tanks, I rarely see Panther 8.8 although it received pretty decent buffs, but Panther 88 gets eaten by any premium tank of the same tier. I own Superpershing and it is just *Edited for me to enter with it in a battle, I know I will get crazy matchup and without firing gold ammo it is really hard to outplay anything, and when I see two charging Defenders, Libertes or Chryslers I just know that it is the end of the battle for me, they are all much more mobile and agile, have stronger guns, hell, I have only somewhat good gun handling but still it is impossible to survive. I am not a bad player, you can look up on Wotlabs, and I will do some damage, but I just know that I am crippled after they attack. And remember I am not comparing a tank with these, but seriously, two Lorraines charge on me and I'm dead.

Also new MM killed diversity between games, I completely dislike it, although it has a potential, but again, if I enter with tier 8 and I get into tier 10 battle tier, enemy team gets Maus, 113, Type 5 and my team has some underperforming mediums.

Well, I'll leave you this to discuss further, but just look how WG works, how they screwed up with Rubicon and now they did same thing just not with insignia but with equipment. It almost the same case, the only difference now is that actually you will have to play to get those, but still, better players, who can actually afford shooting mostly gold ammo will get above others, so I say that ranked battles are actually just randoms but with much more gold spamming and insane rewards, which will probably sooner or later get in the premium shop. And why do I think that you will be able to buy bonds in premium shop? Well, WG promised that they will never sell M6A2E1, Pz 2J, BT SV, and all ended up being sold again. And that is exactly what should not happen if bonds will be either available trough Tier X ranked battles or trough premium shop, it just doesn't make any sense. To us at least. It makes perfect sense to them as they will get the money and regular players get nothing or even lose.

Isharial

Your response is quite interesting, though I hardly believe that scenario explained in second point is realistic, yes Maus did need a buff as it wasn't touched since 2011/12, but they overbuffed it by all means, and so they did with Type 4 and 5 Japanese heavies, when they added derp guns to them it was just way over the border.

And to quickly cover credibility - this is a discussion thread, so connecting something from someones post is just good, when covering statistics. It just that I discussed these statistics which I credited to that guy there. And that's the only part where other party is involved, everything else is me and my thoughts and that quote has nothing to do with missions, but statistics. I like to write posts more like an essay as it suits discussions better.

To cover 7th point - It can't be really L2P issue... TDs are divided in Assault tanks and simple Self Propelled Guns(Don't mix with Arty type of SPGs) and assault tanks(Like JagdTiger) should charge right? But how do you do that? I have never seen a JagdTiger game with over 3k damage where they simply decided to attack with it. It's suicide, you get penned in lower plate or HEAT shells pen your superstructure like it's made of paper. You can angle slightly and cover your lower plate, right? But on which maps can you do that and that you are effectively making an impact to the game? For example Ruinberg, you can drive your JagdTiger from the south spawn either to right on open field and try to perform hull down to shoot at passing mediums and lights or hide in the middle street behind a wall and wait if something appears, and it rarely happens that people would simply drive in front of a JagdTiger.. Though that is only one example out of many.. Of course you won't camp in the bushes with JagdTiger as it will get spotted immediately due to its large silhouette. 

What am I actually trying to point out here is that you can't really camp anymore as you will get immediately spotted, there are no places to hide perfectly and put some shots in unaware tanks, and there are too many corridor maps which simply disallow camping, you have to get into brawling with other tanks. You really have to look at everything and analyze it. It's not just about the type of the tank. Of course Strvs can stay hidden in plain opet terrain with right crew skills and equipment but there aren't that many maps where they can do something like that.

At least 70% of the battles are closequarter combats.

Most maps were removed because god knows what reasons.. Well Komarin was just bad map, but they could have made it better, but they still didn't. And now we are closed with dozen maps and out of these available maps you will get 5, 6 same maps multiple times in a day.

Well, try platooning up in Panther 2s and some other mediocre mediums and tell me how it plays out. Mostly you will be at the bottom or middle, and then, matchmaker puts mostly premium tanks, ultimately, platooning up will not really help you by much anymore.

I'd still say that economy is bad in WoT and that it should be rebalanced to some extent, and so should regular and premium shells. 

Also, if it takes up a lot of time that means that it shouldn't be done at all or even discussed? What is required mostly is just to buff regular shells pen a bit and nerf gold shells pen a bit, or set that gold shells deal less damage with more pen. That's what I meant with rebalance, I didn't say that WG should introduce APDS, APC, APFDS and so on...

That's all, I also agree that I shouldn't be using swears, but really, there aren't that many as you say. Or hate speech, where did you see that?

I don't understand how someone can be active since beta test and deny that there were abnormal changes and made way too many players to leave which is statistically shown.

Also, I removed profanities and swears so that easily triggered people don't report me for expressing myself.. And no, I am not making fun out of you, I know that people can easily get triggered with swearing.

Edited by Nohe21, 26 June 2017 - 03:43 PM.

HeroThePilot #16 Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:52 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4163 battles
  • [LMG] LMG
I agree with this... The arty "rebalance" being worst
One time i was driving a Type 64 on malinovka and i got one shot by that LeFH arty thing. And IT hit me trough the small window.

DurtiArry #17 Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:47 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 55509 battles
  • [ANG3L] ANG3L

View PostHeroThePilot, on 26 June 2017 - 06:52 AM, said:

One time i was driving a Type 64 on malinovka and i got one shot by that LeFH arty thing. And IT hit me trough the small window.

Yeah, sorry 'bout that.

You did deserve a slap for hiding behind a building in a Type64 though.

;)

Jigabachi #18 Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:34 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17726 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHeroThePilot, on 26 June 2017 - 07:52 AM, said:

Sooo... the rebalance is bad because you got killed by arty once. Ok.

Noo_Noo #19 Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:08 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 21559 battles
Arty is not right. Even I'm frustrated by them. For me they are supposed to offer support against the super heavies. That happens to a certain extent but when they get a change to nail a lightly armoured tank they will because the damage reward is higher. Getting nailed at 40kph or splashed from a shell landing in the next postcode just feels wrong. 

Following Foch gate WG said that they would release a statement that explained their current thinking of the game and reasoning behind the OP premiums. I'm still waiting and suspect I will be for a long time. I can understand wanting to release strong tanks. It makes then attractive so people buy and play them. But when it comes at the expense of game balance then they become an issue. They are now an issue as other tanks have been rebalanced to make up the gap but this has opened a larger gap elsewhere. 

Throw in the latest MM mechanics for good measure and the only tanks worth playing at Tier 8 are those OP premium tanks unless of course your good enough. I'm not, but even then it must be frustrating being bottom tier all day. 

Type 5 is really bad. Just press 2 for more damage. That's not broken at all. 

TBH I'm not sure how you fix this now. We're so far down the rabbit hole. 

Edited by Noo_Noo, 26 June 2017 - 01:57 PM.

Rovikiller #20 Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:28 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30293 battles
  • [ZLI] ZLI

Well you see, with arty rebalance, pretty much every arty got changed and nerfed, but leFH is still as strong as it was since introduction, it was never nerfed. And pretty much if there is leFH in enemy team you don't want to get spotted as that thing will spam you from above with its extreme reload and if you are in a lightly armored target your game is pretty much over.. You can't hold a flank at all as you'll get spammed with its fast reload and permatracking you with arty, which is insane completely.

And that's where I say that WG constantly lies to conform people, they won't discuss anything important, they promised to do so on Grand Finales stream, but they did not. Maybe just policy of the company doesn't allow to their employees to say anything about those things, because if they did say something against WGs pay to win, they will probably get fired. I just wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

Also, WG can't just "upgrade" tier 8s because most of them are lackluster towards OP premium tanks or tier 10s, they really should rebalance completely all tech trees from tier 3 to tier 10.. Also, we cannot get +1/-1 MM as OP tanks would be even more broken(premium tanks of course wouldn't receive any changes, while regular ones would mostly lose a lot). People just have to sit and think trough this and discuss, there is no "simple and easy" solution. 

And I am still mad because they forced these ranked battles onto us and forgot about CW which was thousand times better than this P2W garbage.

But I don't understand them either way, normally, a company would try to make long term profit and try to ensure quality, but WG is trying to forcefully earn money trough various abnormal game modes where regular players are limited or have no chance at all or they implement premium tanks every month or two. Also regular shells penetration nerfs, while premium/gold shells still have same characteristics.

Back to arty again, hell, I don't even care if I get killed in one shot if I stood in open for way too long, but it is really annoying if arty moves, drives and hits you while you are as well driving above 50km/h, it doesn't make sense.. And now they cripple your whole tank(high tier arties) with one shot, mostly two crew members dead and a module, or two modules and one crew member + stun... How does that make any sense? Also insane splash radius, I drive T54 ltwt and really do quite good maneuvering, but arty splashes me hitting 40 meters away from me, detracking me and stunning me.. And of course, once light tank stops it is dead. 

Again arty has some great potential and could actually be a countermeasure to super heavies or well armored TDs. But again not that annoying and that you simply can't play because of it, also some useful mechanics could be implemented so that arty can't simply just stand in the same spot throughout whole battle. But there is much more to discuss than this.

Edited by Rovikiller, 26 June 2017 - 06:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users