Chieftain question mark

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

SxTxAxLxKxExR #1 Posted 25 June 2017 - 12:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10667 battles
We know its in the game files, its fully implemented in WoT console, hell even War Thunder has it. Why can't we? Why are, the WoT PC playerbase, the ones misfortunate enough not to have this tank? I've got 30k more exp on my Conqueror than what is needed for the FV and I am NOT spending any of it for this ugly Frankenstein's Monster that no one even plays because it's not a good tank. After the continuing $h1t Show that was had with the Community Contributors and OP machines, If you really want to start making your community happy again the Chieftain would be a good starting point. #MakeWoTGreatAgain

Edited by SxTxAxLxKxExR, 25 June 2017 - 07:06 PM.

captainpigg #2 Posted 25 June 2017 - 01:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31323 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV
Well it's not going to end the British heavy line, ie swapped for the FV, the Super Conqueror I believe is planned as the replacement/alternative. Afaik it's going to be the end for another British medium line.

SxTxAxLxKxExR #3 Posted 25 June 2017 - 01:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10667 battles

View Postcaptainpigg, on 25 June 2017 - 12:00 PM, said:

Well it's not going to end the British heavy line, ie swapped for the FV, the Super Conqueror I believe is planned as the replacement/alternative. Afaik it's going to be the end for another British medium line.

I sincerely hope this is not the case. If I wanted or had the time to grind to tier 10 again I would have done it In War Thunder of even WoT Console.

Edited by SxTxAxLxKxExR, 25 June 2017 - 01:11 PM.

captainpigg #4 Posted 25 June 2017 - 01:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31323 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV
Hopefully it will simply be a completion of the Firefly line, tier 7 dunno, tiers 8 & 9 Vickers MBTs, tier 10 Chieftain.

SxTxAxLxKxExR #5 Posted 25 June 2017 - 01:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10667 battles

View Postcaptainpigg, on 25 June 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

Hopefully it will simply be a completion of the Firefly line, tier 7 dunno, tiers 8 & 9 Vickers MBTs, tier 10 Chieftain.

Hopefully there will be an option to research it from the conqueror as well, otherwise there will be a lot of pissed off people.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 25 June 2017 - 01:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66296 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostSxTxAxLxKxExR, on 25 June 2017 - 12:37 PM, said:

We know its in the game files, its fully implemented in WoT console, hell even War Thunder has it. Why can't we? Why are, the WoT PC playerbase, the ones misfortunate enough not to have this tank?

Because they were not happy with the first run of balance on it. And shelved it. As it was more or less a T29 x 10 hull down. Console have it because they like the Chinese server can go to the WG dev server. Take any model they want, and toss it in their game almost in their current found state. And that's what they did. And that's why they also have the broken MTLS-1G14 to, as they have sold it a few times. They found the version WG left and used it. And it's been balanced a few times since then. Since it was beyond broken when they added it.

It's been spotted on PC after that on "test" account to try and balance it again. Even tho Console have, the games are not 100% built the same way. So some balance factors don't always work. But it's been delayed again as they want to build on it's line, vs just adding it as a tier X split like console did "for some reason". When? Who knows. But I will be amazed if they add it before the HD maps etc. As the new graphical version is something they seem to focus 100% on. As that's the reason why there won't be any new maps until they do complete that.

Edited by Balc0ra, 25 June 2017 - 01:39 PM.

Gvozdika #7 Posted 25 June 2017 - 01:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38155 battles

I'm half hoping that WG doesn't add the Chieftain into WoT - since they'll probably make a Grade A pig's breakfast of it. They seem to hold the UK tech tree in a sort of barely disguised contempt as it is.

- Just look at the Centurion line with their 'new and improved' HD turrets (translation: nerfed in-game to reflect Capitalist inferior steel) and nigh-useless HESH rounds. The only Tier X in the Brit tree worth going for is the Cent AX (good gun, good mobility) - but alas we couldn't have it all our own way. WG decided to make the entire hull an ammo rack hitbox as well as the tracks and pretty much anything below the turret ring - for reasons best known to our beer-goggled overlords in the balancing/modelling department. 

- The FV 215 is just a giant bonfire with tracks - it bursts into flames at the slightest whiff of incoming fire. Add daft rear turret and laughably dire armour to the mix and we have a winner for the least common TX heavy in randoms on account of it being distinctly crap. The Conqueror is okay - but it suffers in the current corridor super-heavy environment.

- The FV 183 and 4005 are just RNG machines - exercises in frustration to play and play against. All candidates leading up to them are either slow coffins (AT series / Tortoise) or so monumentally awkward to play - no bugger with any sense of sanity bothers going up the line (Challenger and Conway - looking at you).

Given the evidence above, I dread to think what kind of steaming pile of manure WG would release under the name 'Chieftain'. This is from the same WG who recently stated that the Defender is equal to a TVP and thus not overpowered in any way (really?) - who gave us such gems as the Chrysler K, Skorpion, Patriot, etc. and seemingly have no clue as to why T8 balance is such a mess. I wouldn't trust them to navigate a rubber duck in a bath - much less release a balanced vehicle for a tree they don't really bother with.

In other news, Poland is getting a tank tech tree made up student's doodles - so amidst this new crop of illustrious and well-known candidates scribbled on the back of envelopes why would WG add one of the most well-known and significant NATO MBTs of the post-war era?

*Rant over.

rsanders5 #8 Posted 25 June 2017 - 01:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26192 battles

It should be accessible from both the Centurion & the Conqueror as it replaced both tanks, although

the end of the Conqueror was brought about by fitting the Centurion with the 105mm gun, removing

( cost cutting post war by the government ) the need for a support tank,

_Anarchistic_ #9 Posted 25 June 2017 - 03:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38941 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 25 June 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

Because they were not happy with the first run of balance on it. And shelved it. As it was more or less a T29 x 10 hull down. Console have it because they like the Chinese server can go to the WG dev server. Take any model they want, and toss it in their game almost in their current found state. And that's what they did. And that's why they also have the broken MTLS-1G14 to, as they have sold it a few times. They found the version WG left and used it. And it's been balanced a few times since then. Since it was beyond broken when they added it.

It's been spotted on PC after that on "test" account to try and balance it again. Even tho Console have, the games are not 100% built the same way. So some balance factors don't always work. But it's been delayed again as they want to build on it's line, vs just adding it as a tier X split like console did "for some reason". When? Who knows. But I will be amazed if they add it before the HD maps etc. As the new graphical version is something they seem to focus 100% on. As that's the reason why there won't be any new maps until they do complete that.

how to balance chieftan?  easy, 50% games it breaks down and wont move

ExclamationMark #10 Posted 25 June 2017 - 03:31 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16775 battles
Exclamation mark!

SABAOTH #11 Posted 25 June 2017 - 05:00 PM

Major

• Player
  • 36793 battles
  • [-133-] -133-
IT is one of those tanks that I would love to get along with a T 72 :coin:

FluffyRedFox #12 Posted 25 June 2017 - 05:07 PM

General

• Player
  • 22971 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 25 June 2017 - 12:37 PM, said:

Because they were not happy with the first run of balance on it. And shelved it. As it was more or less a T29 x 10 hull down

Not really because it still has a large and weak cupola.

Problem with the Cheiftain stats atm is the gun, it handles too well and has too much DPM despite have like 270 pen. it would powercreep tanks like the Leopard 1 even more. However, why it takes years to give it a few tweaks here and there I won't know. Cheiftain would make a perfect successor to the Conqueror as they both have good gun handling, high DPM and strong turrets whilst having weak hulls, average at best speed and an absolutely paper lower plate. I don't understand why WG insists on keeping the 215b.

Edited by fishbob101, 25 June 2017 - 05:07 PM.

Junglist_ #13 Posted 25 June 2017 - 05:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37139 battles

View PostSxTxAxLxKxExR, on 25 June 2017 - 11:37 AM, said:

We know its in the game files, its fully implemented in WoT console, hell even War Thunder has it. Why can't we? Why are, the WoT PC playerbase, the ones misfortunate enough not to have this tank? I've got 30k more exp on my Conqueror than what is needed for the FV and I am NOT spending any of it for this ugly Frankenstein's Monster that no one even plays because int not a good tank. After the continuing $h1t Show that was had with the Community Contributors and OP machines, If you really want to start making your community happy again the Chieftain would be a good starting point. #MakeWoTGreatAgain

Even Chinese server has so it! Gotta buy tho lol.

But yeah it's been a while and there were even the beautiful HD renders and still nothing. 

JCTagger #14 Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13314 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Even allowing for the brake on my progress caused by my own dazzling lack of talent, I've been sitting for ages on a 9million credit balance, and 80k+ free XP, against the day when it appears...

I've had the Conqueror Elited for over a year, just don't want the FV215! Mainly cos it's fugly, then cos it seems not too good...

I have four tier IXs (E50, T30, Cent 7/1 and Conq', if you care), of which only the Conqueror is 'leet...

Oh well - at least when it DOES turn up, I'll have a reasonable crew to put in it - they're currently statpedding crew training in the Excelsior...

1ncompetenc3 #15 Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36911 battles

View Postfishbob101, on 25 June 2017 - 05:07 PM, said:

Problem with the Cheiftain stats atm is the gun, it handles too well and has too much DPM despite have like 270 pen. it would powercreep tanks like the Leopard 1 even more.

That sounds quite sensible initially, right until you realise those problems would be bonuses from WG's point of view if Chieftain were a Russian tank design. 

FluffyRedFox #16 Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:32 PM

General

• Player
  • 22971 battles

View Post1ncompetenc3, on 25 June 2017 - 05:26 PM, said:

That sounds quite sensible initially, right until you realise those problems would be bonuses from WG's point of view if Chieftain were a Russian tank design. 

I'm sure that WG will "uncover a new document in the archives" of a Russian Cheiftain so that they can slap a red star on it and introduce it as a Ruski Clan war reward tonk

Achibot #17 Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:42 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17959 battles
  • [HUSH-] HUSH-

View PostJunglist_, on 25 June 2017 - 04:10 PM, said:

Even Chinese server has so it! Gotta buy tho lol.

It costs over €1,000 and they have to refund people in gold if it ever becomes part of the tech tree. I'm obviously not sure what the profit sharing relationship is between Wargaming and ChinaWoT but I can imagine a great many scenarios where it will never arrive in EU and even if it does I don't expect it to be a Tech Tree tank.

1ncompetenc3 #18 Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36911 battles

View Postfishbob101, on 25 June 2017 - 06:32 PM, said:

I'm sure that WG will "uncover a new document in the archives" of a Russian Cheiftain so that they can slap a red star on it and introduce it as a Ruski Clan war reward tonk

Ah yes, I imagine plans for the well-known cold war lend-lease Chieftains are already being imagined in a vodka-fuelled haze uncovered and checked for authenticity. :child:

brumbarr #19 Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:43 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
While I am not a special fan of the chieftain, I dont get whats taking them so long. I mean, they introduced the wz1115a in a couple of weeks as a second tier10, so why they cant do the same to the chieftain is beyond me. I can only think that have plans for it and are saving it for something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users