Rankeds sucks - 10 reasons why!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Dakado24 #1 Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:50 PM

Corporal

• Clan Commander
  • 17379 battles
  • [_HEAT] _HEAT

Another fail by WG, only 18K players played the third stage of ranked season and this number will decrese even more in 4th season and ranked will eventually die, here is why:

1. Arty

2. Arty

3. Arty

4. Arty

5. Every active move or play, or basically once you get spotted you are pretty much dead unless you are in 100% arty cover

6. Chevron system sucks

7. Experience based player sorting sucks even harder

8. Arty

9. Arty

10. Direct competition between team members sucks ("Why would I even move ? I just stay at base, wait till my team dies and shot like 3-4 time at the end of the game and get TOP 3, how easy it is...")

There you have 10 reason why rankeds wont be played at all. Ranked battles are showing the darkes parts of wot just because arty should have separated ranked mode, just 15v15 arty that would be fun! No ? Well then why is this class in this mode ? Every other class can play againts each other and arty cannot ? Why ? Because arty sucks.

fighting_falcon93 #2 Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:45 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 31233 battles

I stopped bothering when I realised that I had spent 42 hours per week on this dumb gamemode and then it's not even certain that I'll get som crappy league 2 rewards... Working for 40 hours per week gives you a full weeks salary, but WG gives you 1000 gold, amazing, isn't it? :great:

IMHO what must be fixed is the following:

1. Arta shouldn't be allowed in ranked battles (preferably in the game at all). Being in the front gets you punished by arta the second you get spotted. Sitting in the back yeilds you less xp. Completely messed up.

2. Players shouldn't get excluded from the ranking. WG needs to realise that more players want to get decent rewards if they're going to bother to participate. It simply doesn't work to just reward 1% of the players with plenty of rewards and then the rest gets nothing.

3. It shouldn't require 6 hours of gaming per day to end up in league 1. We have a real life besides the game, and most players propably also want some time to grind new tier 10s, do personal missions, play with friends, or whatever they prefer to do apart from ranked battles.

4. Gold ammo and credits economy. Yes I know that good players can break even or even make profit, but far from all players can do that, especially with all Mauses and Type 5's driving around. If you want to be competetive, you'll need to fire atleast some premium rounds. On a loss where you also have to repair your tank, this can easily get down to a 40k-50k credits loss. I can only imagine what that number would be without a premium account. Personally I'd like them to make vehicle repair and ammo costs free of charge in ranked battles.

5. Better balanced MM. Far too often I either see a massive imbalance in HP, or by player skill. For instance, one team might get 3-4 more Maus/Type 5 than the other team, or another team gets 3-4 players from top clans while the other team gets ordinary players from average clans.

Enforcer1975 #3 Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:05 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
What an objective thread...

signal11th #4 Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:43 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 37182 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
To be fair I can sum up the ten reasons into a compact and singular reason.... it's "Edited".

Edited by Asklepi0s, 26 June 2017 - 11:20 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

Unkel_Dolan #5 Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:06 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 27109 battles
  • [NOPAN] NOPAN
fun and engaging game mode with exciting and dynamic gameplay

Y_O_L_0 #6 Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19813 battles
  • [FUSED] FUSED

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 26 June 2017 - 02:45 AM, said:

2. Players shouldn't get excluded from the ranking. WG needs to realise that more players want to get decent rewards if they're going to bother to participate. It simply doesn't work to just reward 1% of the players with plenty of rewards and then the rest gets nothing.

In the CW campaigns the top 8.000 (small campaign) and 12.000 (grand campaign) got reward tanks. In ranked battles probably 2.000 will be in the top 10% and will get bonds that is enough for only ONE equipment, and the rest will receive some bonds which won't be enough for even one equipment. And you need to play this game mode for a whole month.

Less people get worse rewards then in CW. Why? (don't tell a +2,5% bonus to a tank is better then receiving rewards like Obj. 907 and gold, and don't forget that compared to these special equipment, example the ventilation which gives an extra +2,5% bonus, food rations give +10% bonus to the tank.)

gpalsson #7 Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:28 AM

General

• Player
  • 22134 battles
I dont understand why people focus on the reward.
The reward should be fun gameplay. But it isn't. That's the problem.
Remove the rewards, work on proper gameplay.

Balc0ra #8 Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66298 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Arty should not be allowed in there I agree. But it's far from the main reason why it's not working, or why it sucks in the first place.

OneSock #9 Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:44 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34965 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Losing team players should only get rewarded for "courageous resistance" criteria ?

clixor #10 Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:57 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51483 battles

View Postgpalsson, on 26 June 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

I dont understand why people focus on the reward.
The reward should be fun gameplay. But it isn't. That's the problem.
Remove the rewards, work on proper gameplay.

I actually like a lot of the battles in RB, at least, up to the rank5 stage, at rank5 when players are grinding for more ranks they seem to playing mostly for the chevrons which does ruin the gameplay.

But the time required is just too much, you basically have play every single night for an entire to month to qualify for league one (providing you got the 'skill' - and credits-) which in turn only rewards one improved equipment. So although i agree the mode should be fun enough even without any significant rewards, if WG want to keep this mode popular at least reward players who, say, play to rank5 each stage, with the improved equipment.

fighting_falcon93 #11 Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:53 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 31233 battles

View PostY_O_L_0, on 26 June 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

In the CW campaigns the top 8.000 (small campaign) and 12.000 (grand campaign) got reward tanks. In ranked battles probably 2.000 will be in the top 10% and will get bonds that is enough for only ONE equipment, and the rest will receive some bonds which won't be enough for even one equipment. And you need to play this game mode for a whole month.

Less people get worse rewards then in CW. Why? (don't tell a +2,5% bonus to a tank is better then receiving rewards like Obj. 907 and gold, and don't forget that compared to these special equipment, example the ventilation which gives an extra +2,5% bonus, food rations give +10% bonus to the tank.)

I agree. The rewards are tiny, and they're handed out for a tiny amount of players. I'd much rather see that they didn't exclude anyone from the rankings, and that the amount of points to get into a league was permanent, so that every player knows in advance how much time and effort that will be required for a certain reward.

uglycousin #12 Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:27 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 45172 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 26 June 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

I agree. The rewards are tiny, and they're handed out for a tiny amount of players. I'd much rather see that they didn't exclude anyone from the rankings, and that the amount of points to get into a league was permanent, so that every player knows in advance how much time and effort that will be required for a certain reward.

To be honest, I realised that from the first week. I keep playing for those credit reserves, and also because I find rank 5 battles enjoyable. :)

But this boody grind for a mere 2.5% boost on a tank is ... not really worth it.

fighting_falcon93 #13 Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:34 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 31233 battles

View Postuglycousin, on 26 June 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

To be honest, I realised that from the first week. I keep playing for those credit reserves, and also because I find rank 5 battles enjoyable. :)

But this boody grind for a mere 2.5% boost on a tank is ... not really worth it.

Yeah well I'm kind of optimistic, so I just realised this yesterday. Now I can't make up my mind if I'm even going to bother with ranked at all this week. Wanted to get into league 1 but seems I'm not good enough... :(

uglycousin #14 Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:41 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 45172 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 26 June 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

Yeah well I'm kind of optimistic, so I just realised this yesterday. Now I can't make up my mind if I'm even going to bother with ranked at all this week. Wanted to get into league 1 but seems I'm not good enough... :(

As ranked are now, it`s not about being good enough. It`s about putting the time in it or not.

Example: I am a decent player, but I am sitting above a lot of very good players who are way way way better than myself. Just because I have grinded more points than they have. This does not make me better than they are.

Getting back to the topic, I don`t feel it`s worth grinding for one piece of improved equipment. One month for 2.5% increase in performance... Man, I would rather join a clan who does clan wars and get myself a 907 (that thing is broken AF right now) than repeat this thing again next month.

But reaching rank 4 gives you nice credit reserves bonus :D and a garage slot (among other goodies) for reaching rank 5. As long as you don`t get on a losing streak and lose all progress, it can be fun.

fighting_falcon93 #15 Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:18 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 31233 battles

View Postuglycousin, on 26 June 2017 - 02:41 PM, said:

As ranked are now, it`s not about being good enough. It`s about putting the time in it or not.

I put in 42 hours this week. Got to rank 4 + 3 chevrons and then everything went south :angry:

Personally I think it's a combination about skill and time. You need to have skill in order to reach rank 5 quick enough to have time to farm enough vehicle ranks (that's why league 1 consists of almost only great players), but then you also need time, because otherwise players with more time will be able to farm more vehicle ranks.

For a player like me, that has neither skill nor time, it's difficult to make it into even leauge 2.

It's also sad that WG gives out garage slots instead of the gold value equivalent of a garage slot. A player that gets to rank 5 each week for an entire year will have like ~50 extra garage slots that might not be for any use, while 300 gold would allow the player to for instancce get permanent camo on atleast a few vehicles.

uglycousin #16 Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:29 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 45172 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

This is beta season, it will definitely change for next season.

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 26 June 2017 - 05:18 PM, said:

I put in 42 hours this week. Got to rank 4 + 3 chevrons and then everything went south :angry:

Been there. Twice. Thing is I had a very rough month at work and came home very tired.

Sometimes I played arty to compensate (arty is filthy in ranked, they should limit it to 1 max) or played really bad because of my fatigue levels. But when you get on a losing streak it feels worse than in randoms. You lose all that progress ... and the selfish teammates camping their [edited]off pulling for top 3 right from the start don`t make it any more fun.

After I got above all this, I truly enjoyed the game at rank 5. Stop thinking about progress that much, it will get better. The only thing that will not get better is 3 arty per team in almost every game.

Edited by uglycousin, 26 June 2017 - 03:35 PM.

Mave_Maverick #17 Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:32 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 54548 battles

@whiners

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users