Jump to content


Equipment setup for Batchat 25 AP?


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

DorsVenabiIi #1 Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:31 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22046 battles
  • 498
  • [BIBLE] BIBLE
  • Member since:
    03-31-2015

I'm thinking of going Vstabs, camonet and binos. Is this to much of a spicy meme? I'm considering this because I hope to passive scout with it, or should I just forget this? 

 

Or should I go for the more orthodox Vstabs, Optics and vents?

 

I will also be using premium consumables. 

 

I'm thinking maybe the camo on the move is too poor for reaching passive spotting locations unspotted?



lord_chipmonk #2 Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:33 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33193 battles
  • 10,195
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012
Not played the tank, but by saying you're gonna treat it as a passive scout, I wonder if you'll squander some of the tank's potential. 

lafeel #3 Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:37 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 4964 battles
  • 1,503
  • [LAFIE] LAFIE
  • Member since:
    03-13-2011
Vents, stabs, optics should work just fine me thinks.

DorsVenabiIi #4 Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:39 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22046 battles
  • 498
  • [BIBLE] BIBLE
  • Member since:
    03-31-2015

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 25 June 2017 - 09:33 PM, said:

Not played the tank, but by saying you're gonna treat it as a passive scout, I wonder if you'll squander some of the tank's potential. 

 

Good point

lord_chipmonk #5 Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:42 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33193 battles
  • 10,195
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012
I would say optics + vents + decent crew + prem consumable = plenty of view range. Then you have the v. stab and vents enhancing your firepower. 380 basic view range isn't amazing, but I don't think it is bad enough to run binos myself. 

AliceUnchained #6 Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:42 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 38126 battles
  • 8,783
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011
Vert. Stabilizer, Optics, Ventilation. And full APCR for giggles as the tank is referred to as BatChat 25t AP (and also has way too low an ammo count to mix around much)...

EggyTheGumGumChewer #7 Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:14 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 16312 battles
  • 767
  • [CRY-X] CRY-X
  • Member since:
    06-04-2012
Vstabs, Vents, Optics

Please don't run Binos or Camo Net in high tier tanks.

brumbarr #8 Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:27 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,326
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostAliceUnchained, on 25 June 2017 - 09:42 PM, said:

Vert. Stabilizer, Optics, Ventilation. And full APCR for giggles as the tank is referred to as BatChat 25t AP (and also has way too low an ammo count to mix around much)...

Still remains my only tank to this day i ran full prem in. Cause [edited]that ammocount.



DorsVenabiIi #9 Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:39 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22046 battles
  • 498
  • [BIBLE] BIBLE
  • Member since:
    03-31-2015

View Postbrumbarr, on 25 June 2017 - 11:27 PM, said:

Still remains my only tank to this day i ran full prem in. Cause [edited]that ammocount.

 

Hmm I wonder if I should do the same and use that 50% credit booster concurrently to minimize losses. I'm grinding for the batchat, So I guess I can run credit booster, XP booster and crew booster. 

 

And yeah guys I'll use the good ol' standard Vents, Optics and V.stabs, don't worry, no spicy memes for this guy. 

 

Btw how does the 50% credit booster stack with premium account income, does it give an effective increase of 50% or 33% to the premium income?



kbb07142 #10 Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:24 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 32646 battles
  • 280
  • Member since:
    10-30-2013

View PostDorsVenabiIi, on 25 June 2017 - 10:39 PM, said:

 

Btw how does the 50% credit booster stack with premium account income, does it give an effective increase of 50% or 33% to the premium income?

 

It gives you a craptonne of credits

Basically made over 2 million in credits in 1 hour playing my Lorraine :)

 

As for the OP

You never take camo net or bios on any tank over tier 6 (except for certain circumstances e.g. the Swedish TD's)

 

On the batchat you take Vstabs and Vents, then either Optics or (if you have good crew and consumables) gun lane drive as the aim time is horrendous 



dennez #11 Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:46 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 16822 battles
  • 4,755
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-26-2013

View Postkbb07142, on 26 June 2017 - 04:24 AM, said:

 

It gives you a craptonne of credits

Basically made over 2 million in credits in 1 hour playing my Lorraine :)

 

As for the OP

You never take camo net or bios on any tank over tier 6 (except for certain circumstances e.g. the Swedish TD's)

 

On the batchat you take Vstabs and Vents, then either Optics or (if you have good crew and consumables) gun lane drive as the aim time is horrendous 

 

The Batchat AP has very good aimtime and dispersion compared to the tier x Batchat. Only real downside is the amount of shells, which will make you run out of ammo pretty much 25% of all games. Its a great tank, very fast, very agile and very small profile. Makes a great LT killer, reserve scout.

AliceUnchained #12 Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:24 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 38126 battles
  • 8,783
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View Postbrumbarr, on 25 June 2017 - 11:27 PM, said:

Still remains my only tank to this day i ran full prem in. Cause [edited]that ammocount.

 

Yep, 30 rounds is simply too low to mix around. I did run full APCR on the AMX 13 90 for a while as well before the move to Tier IX (now I run standard APCR almost exclusively; 32 - 4), before that 18 - 18 and when the WT auf E100 was still around I even carried 6 HE rounds (hilarious to empty a full HE clip on one during its reload).

 

View Postdennez, on 26 June 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

 

The Batchat AP has very good aimtime and dispersion compared to the tier x Batchat. Only real downside is the amount of shells, which will make you run out of ammo pretty much 25% of all games. Its a great tank, very fast, very agile and very small profile. Makes a great LT killer, reserve scout.

 

Doesn't the Tier X also only have 30 rounds available? 30 * 390 of course makes for more damage than 30 * 300, but still... Low ammo count did help me get another one of those Faydin's some time ago, on Arctic Region. Even stopped, aimed, and let the remaining T28 Proto take a shot just so I wouldn't botch it...

dennez #13 Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:52 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 16822 battles
  • 4,755
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-26-2013

View PostAliceUnchained, on 26 June 2017 - 08:24 AM, said:

 

Yep, 30 rounds is simply too low to mix around. I did run full APCR on the AMX 13 90 for a while as well before the move to Tier IX (now I run standard APCR almost exclusively; 32 - 4), before that 18 - 18 and when the WT auf E100 was still around I even carried 6 HE rounds (hilarious to empty a full HE clip on one during its reload).

 

 

Doesn't the Tier X also only have 30 rounds available? 30 * 390 of course makes for more damage than 30 * 300, but still... Low ammo count did help me get another one of those Faydin's some time ago, on Arctic Region. Even stopped, aimed, and let the remaining T28 Proto take a shot just so I wouldn't botch it...

 

I run my AP with just one clip of APCR, or it gets expensive really fast.

The 30 shells would be ok if they would all hit. But since its a French gun you can usually expect 25% of the clip to derp into the blue yonder or eat tracks. Still i love the thing, its just another well balanced tier 9 tank, in a great tier. Though i wouldnt mind a bit shorter reload..



AliceUnchained #14 Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:13 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 38126 battles
  • 8,783
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View Postdennez, on 26 June 2017 - 09:52 AM, said:

I run my AP with just one clip of APCR, or it gets expensive really fast.

The 30 shells would be ok if they would all hit. But since its a French gun you can usually expect 25% of the clip to derp into the blue yonder or eat tracks. Still i love the thing, its just another well balanced tier 9 tank, in a great tier. Though i wouldnt mind a bit shorter reload..

 

I don't play that BatChat 25t AP too often, so full APCR is manageable. I did start with a fresh crew and still need to get camouflage up, as without it or at low crew skill I still find myself getting spotted all over the place. But it's certainly enjoyable to play generally, provided the French 'derp' doesn't misbehave.

 

Personally, I'd prefer higher amount count (36 would be a good start already) and/or higher velocity standard rounds. Like APCR, but they can call them AP rounds to maintain consistency...  Oh, and -12 gun depression.



dennez #15 Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:37 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 16822 battles
  • 4,755
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-26-2013

View PostAliceUnchained, on 26 June 2017 - 10:13 AM, said:

 

I don't play that BatChat 25t AP too often, so full APCR is manageable. I did start with a fresh crew and still need to get camouflage up, as without it or at low crew skill I still find myself getting spotted all over the place. But it's certainly enjoyable to play generally, provided the French 'derp' doesn't misbehave.

 

Personally, I'd prefer higher amount count (36 would be a good start already) and/or higher velocity standard rounds. Like APCR, but they can call them AP rounds to maintain consistency...  Oh, and -12 gun depression.

 

Standard AP shells have 1000 m/s shell velocity, so the difference with the APCR (1200 m/s) isnt "that" much imo. Same with the pen. AP already has very good pen at 232, vs 263 for APCR. Fun thing is its just as fast/faster and has a smaller profile than most scouts at its tier.

The -12 depression i would like tho :-)

It might not be an E50 or Patton, but for me its the most fun to play tier 9 tank. The long reload prevents me from going full retard and think over my options.. usually..


Edited by dennez, 26 June 2017 - 10:39 AM.


brumbarr #16 Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:42 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,326
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostAliceUnchained, on 26 June 2017 - 08:24 AM, said:

 

Doesn't the Tier X also only have 30 rounds available? 30 * 390 of course makes for more damage than 30 * 300, but still... Low ammo count did help me get another one of those Faydin's some time ago, on Arctic Region. Even stopped, aimed, and let the remaining T28 Proto take a shot just so I wouldn't botch it...

yeah it does, but it has heat as prem, so no full  gold spam :(  

Adn because yo have only 5 rounds, mixing stuff is a bit less problematic.

Same thing on the 13 105, only has like 36 rounds and you run out fast.

But because you have a 20s relaod and only 3 shots, mixing is less of a problem.



AliceUnchained #17 Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:54 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 38126 battles
  • 8,783
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View Postdennez, on 26 June 2017 - 10:37 AM, said:

Standard AP shells have 1000 m/s shell velocity, so the difference with the APCR (1200 m/s) isnt "that" much imo. Same with the pen. AP already has very good pen at 232, vs 263 for APCR. Fun thing is its just as fast/faster and has a smaller profile than most scouts at its tier.

The -12 depression i would like tho :-)

It might not be an E50 or Patton, but for me its the most fun to play tier 9 tank. The long reload prevents me from going full retard and think over my options.. usually..

 

I know, but that 1.000 m/s velocity still results in ridiculous arched, curved, trajectories (same with the KwK 43 L/71 for example). And a 20% increase I do consider quite significant. Besides, using full APCR on a tank with AP label is amusing.

 

View Postbrumbarr, on 26 June 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

yeah it does, but it has heat as prem, so no full  gold spam :(  

Adn because yo have only 5 rounds, mixing stuff is a bit less problematic.

Same thing on the 13 105, only has like 36 rounds and you run out fast.

But because you have a 20s relaod and only 3 shots, mixing is less of a problem.

 

I'm aware, comment was mainly about the 30 round load which is equal for both. But yes, a smaller clip size does alleviate the issue somewhat. Bought the Tier X BatChat 25t some time ago, but still need to get a crew for it. I might transfer the 25t AP crew, but like Dennez I do think it's fun to play (most of the time). The AMX 13 105 I still need to research but I doubt I'll ever play it. The 'new' Tier IX AMX 13 90 is such a delight to play compared to the Tier VIII. Practically all games played for me were with the Tier VIII version. 



brumbarr #18 Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:03 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,326
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostAliceUnchained, on 26 June 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

 

 The AMX 13 105 I still need to research but I doubt I'll ever play it. The 'new' Tier IX AMX 13 90 is such a delight to play compared to the Tier VIII. Practically all games played for me were with the Tier VIII version. 

oh yeah, 13 90 is so much better. I played that tank to grind to 3 different tanks, 2 tanks with the old tier8 which I hated,  with the teir9 version which I like.



acajelen #19 Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:51 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 36789 battles
  • 10
  • [STILL] STILL
  • Member since:
    01-01-2016

View PostAliceUnchained, on 25 June 2017 - 09:42 PM, said:

Vert. Stabilizer, Optics, Ventilation. And full APCR for giggles as the tank is referred to as BatChat 25t AP (and also has way too low an ammo count to mix around much)...

 

Is it stupid to use GUn lay drive for faster aiming and vents and V stab? Since i dont spot too much with med tanks and for 1st shot with autoloader i always wait for full aim?

AliceUnchained #20 Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:34 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 38126 battles
  • 8,783
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View Postacajelen, on 07 January 2018 - 10:51 PM, said:

Is it stupid to use GUn lay drive for faster aiming and vents and V stab? Since i dont spot too much with med tanks and for 1st shot with autoloader i always wait for full aim?

 

Stupid? No. Personally I would not recommend it, as I think it adds little, but that is mainly due to play style/personal preference. If you do not go for spotting too much in the BatChat, or any medium, the optics could be wasted in most situations and thus other equipment might be more useful. However, a more passive play and lack of spotting in itself is a waste of a medium tank most of the time as well in my opinion. But... if you do not have the hang of it (yet), trying to enforce a style of play on yourself which does not work out well hardly can be considered effective either. So while I personally would (strongly) recommend optics, if the Enhanced Gun Laying Drive complements your style of play more then by all means go for it. If you can afford the 10 gold, you might even want to try both for a while and see which suits you more.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users