Rant matchmaking Tier 8 platoon

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Zatan666NL #1 Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20077 battles

Afternoon,

Sorry, but allow me this rant. I'm not a player who usually crys and whines, but ARGGGGGHHH, the new MM is driving me nuts! 

1. Yesterday I had 2 matches after each other where the TD's weren't balanced (1 team had 6 other one had 8) and on the same match one team did have an arty, the other hadn't. I mean, whuuuuttt? I thought that shizzle would be balanced? I guess not...

2. Platoons are absolutely wrecked. If you want to platoon now, in T8's, you always get T10's against you (8 out of 10 games), 1 T9 game and 1 full T8 game. For me personally, it's getting me out of the platoons, no fun at all anymore. And no, it's not that I don't want to face T10's, but game after game after game, godawful if you ask me. If you want to grind, earn credits impossible. If WG want's to encourage team play maybe changing this is a good start. I've no idea what it is like in other lower tiers, but I guess it's the same thing.

Well at least this relieved a bit :P

Balc0ra #2 Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66269 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

1: Well the teams will be equal... if MM allows it. But if it does not. It can differ with up to one. Thus you might see some teams with 1 arty vs one that don't have it etc. But considering the new role arty has... it's not that bad vs before.

2: Well if you don't mind facing tier X's. Then what makes it so godawful? I mean it's a 3-5-7 spread, not a 10-3-2 spread luckily. And if you are in a platoon, then it's about team work. Unless you run solo 1 by 1. I don't see that as a bad. Unless you are saying you can only entourage team work if platoons are top tier? As that's what you made it sound like. Sure the new MM has a new set of rules for platoons. But I suspect removing those won't make it better. As then we will only go back to the old complaint topics we saw once a day before. As one team as a bottom tier platoon, and one team has a top tier platoon etc. As those changes was made due to those topics. Just goes to show you can't make everyone happy. So that won't change unless more complain about it vs the old ways.

Gorgeous_Joe #3 Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16482 battles
If it helps you are not the only one to have this rant :)

Zatan666NL #4 Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20077 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 25 June 2017 - 08:48 PM, said:

1: Well the teams will be equal... if MM allows it. But if it does not. It can differ with up to one. Thus you might see some teams with 1 arty vs one that don't have it etc. But considering the new role arty has... it's not that bad vs before.

2: Well if you don't mind facing tier X's. Then what makes it so godawful? I mean it's a 3-5-7 spread, not a 10-3-2 spread luckily. And if you are in a platoon, then it's about team work. Unless you run solo 1 by 1. I don't see that as a bad. Unless you are saying you can only entourage team work if platoons are top tier? As that's what you made it sound like. Sure the new MM has a new set of rules for platoons. But I suspect removing those won't make it better. As then we will only go back to the old complaint topics we saw once a day before. As one team as a bottom tier platoon, and one team has a top tier platoon etc. As those changes was made due to those topics. Just goes to show you can't make everyone happy. So that won't change unless more complain about it vs the old ways.

1.  if you get matches in 3 seconds, then it doesn't take the time. imo bullocks. 

2, I don't mind it, but not 8 games out of 10!!?! Because if they have a choice, they shoot you instead of the T10's or 9's, and you dont have those hitpoints, armor is useless with al that gold flying around (Yes, I'm guilty myself) and there is a limited amount of carrying what 3 decent players can do (I count myself as decent). Oww and no, im not sitting in he back sniping on the red line). I mean, I get that platoons get tougher MM, but 8 out of 10? Meh, it's putting me of, and not only me

NiemandXL #5 Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:15 AM

Major

• Player
  • 37955 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 25 June 2017 - 10:48 PM, said:

1: Well the teams will be equal...

May I ask what game you are playing?

^^

anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #6 Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:47 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 0 battles

It used to, still is and never will be a gud MM...

WG doesn't give a toss...

Aikl #7 Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:51 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25547 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

The patch notes would indeed suggest that the matchmaker provides matched classes on each team - and that it's supposed to become stricer after every patch. In practice, however, it is one of the first rules to be ignored except the top three in a 3-5-7 battle. Single-tier battles seem to be decently-ish balanced, two-tier battles can be a mess.

Even if the classes would be balanced, it's often somewhat pointless. A FCM 50t is essentially a fat medium (can't perform 'traditional heavy roles' ), while a T-54 Prototype is more a light heavy tank. It goes on... a T28 Prot. is a decent heavy tank, while the UDES is basically useless in an aggressive role. Same goes for e.g. an IS-7 vs. Maus, or Defenders vs. Tiger 2s.

Last, but not least, it's still random battles. One team being five-six heavies down on Himmelsdorf or Ensk doesn't guarantee a steamroll defeat. Balancing tank classes can even out teams a bit, but it's not the final solution to one team steamrolling the other.  There's probably no good solution - but I do know that there are plenty of reasons to rework the maps. Imbalance, basecamping, climbs, beach/valley/useless open areas... it's far more interesting to deal with team imbalance if the maps are suited for it.

Edited by Aikl, 26 June 2017 - 08:58 AM.

Zatan666NL #8 Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:11 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20077 battles
Spoiler

Well that doesn't really matter too much i.m.o. (specific tanks). I mean, it keeps up the diversity and the need to adapt in your tanks. But I agree that 7 mauses / E-100's / T110E3's on one side and you have the 50B's / Meds / Grille's etc. on the wrong map can be a huge pain in the [edited]. Especially the Type 5's and Mauses, those health pools are massive and if they are on a city map and your team doesn't have the tanks for it, you are screwed 9 times out of 10.

I agree that classes need to be balanced in some way, but it needs to keep diversity and needs to keep you thinking and adapting, otherwise it wouldn't be fun at all. Maybe balance TD's / Arty / lights stricter but while said that, super heavies and armor and DPM meds need to be as well. I know, it's difficult, but they get paid to think over issues like this :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users