Will WG ever buff tanks needing it?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Gorgeous_Joe #1 Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16454 battles

I have come back to WoT after a year break and it is a different game than the one i left a year ago; the core is still there of course but the game is so much more unbalanced now with more and more tanks next to being useless.

The biggest issue the game had was the whole premium pay to win spam argument over ammo and the rest of the griping was usually down to XVM or lack of players understanding the game mechanics.

but now when I roll out some tanks that are quite ancient in terms of gameplay now........the T14 for example; tier 5......used to have good armour with a lousy gun penwise but you could do ok in it. Now i get derped to death by every tank as derp is king it seems......gone are the KV2 lol platoons now its just derp lol everywhere. It isnt much better at higher tiers with the crazy Japanese heavies that are more like heavily armoured mobile SPGs. What is the use in having armour when someone just derps you with HE from close range.........well stops you being 1 shot like a british heavy tank i suppose.

The T32.........oh my.........now has 198 pen........I was looking forward to being in a battle that loaded up with 10 heavies on either side.........out of 15 shots fired only 3 penned and after 7 non pens i switched to premium and still failed to pen. The 3 that did i had to snipe weak points; not flat sides or lower plates..........and when facing off against opponents who only have to snap shot anywhere on my tank (except the turret of course) and pull back into cover its great fun. (thats sarcasim) How have they not improved the gun/ammo on this tank following all the armour upgrades in the last patch? Its great having a sturdy turret and decent armour in ceratin circumstances but if you cant pen anything what is the point of the tank anymore?

The Super Pershing is just a poorly armoured slow situational tank but even more so now than it ever has been.

British tanks that once had great penetrating guns and paper thin armour to balance this now have mostly great penetrating guns since the armour buffs and yet still have mediocre armour.

I could write an entire list of tanks that you never see in the ques anymore or rarely see as they are so inadequate.

My question being is do you think wargaming will rebalance the game; which will require going back over all the tank lines or will they just continue to cater to the competitive end of the market. So long as there are a handful of competitive tanks who cares about the rest right? Is that the attitude of Wargaming now? Is there a way to get a refund on my old premium tanks to purchase the new OP premium tanks..........i feel a little cheated the way things stand.

DracheimFlug #2 Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:24 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 8925 battles
I know! I keep hoping for an AMX 40 buff, but noooooo...  :popcorn:

1ncompetenc3 #3 Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36772 battles

The powercreep train ain't stopping any time soon. Either you get on board or you get left behind.

This basically comes down to WG's love of money and fear of work. They could just nerf some of the vehicles that have been introduced or buffed in the last few patches, but since that includes a bunch of premium tanks they don't want to burn their fingers on that hot potato. The alternative would be buffing everything else, which 1) is a massive amount of work due to the sheer number of tanks they've been ignoring for years, and 2) wouldn't have a direct impact on their bottom line.

It's in WG's financial interest to powercreep premium tanks into obsolescence so that players will need to buy a new tank if they want a credit grinder, similarly it's in their interest to make every new tech line added to the game better than the ones already there to give people an incentive to spend gold on XP conversion to get the latest and greatest toys as soon as possible.

Do I think WG will rebalance the game? No. They seem to have a pretty clear idea of what they want this game to be (superheavies and premium tanks firing premium ammo at one another on corridor maps), they've been working towards that idea for years, and nothing short of a massive drop in player activity and spending is going to make them change direction.

Search_Warrant #4 Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:43 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 25990 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostGorgeous_Joe, on 25 June 2017 - 09:40 PM, said:

British tanks that once had great penetrating guns and paper thin armour to balance this now have mostly great penetrating guns since the armour buffs and yet still have mediocre armour.

Wat? you drunk brah? if anything they nerfed british armor (black prince).. they still have the same crappy guns and the same crappy DPM.  lower your medication maybe.

Edited by Search_Warrant, 25 June 2017 - 11:43 PM.

Gorgeous_Joe #5 Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:23 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16454 battles

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 25 June 2017 - 10:43 PM, said:

Wat? you drunk brah? if anything they nerfed british armor (black prince).. they still have the same crappy guns and the same crappy DPM.  lower your medication maybe.

I have no  idea what brah is? A type of shetland cow perhaps? and how can you say the conqueror has a crappy gun? Incredible gun - good dispersion, very fast aim time, quick rate-of-fire, high penetration. Suggest you up your medication dumbass or at least think before you post crap and read what i posted while you are not smoking whatever you are no doubt smoking.

SaintMaddenus #6 Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33167 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

If all the tanks got all the buffs and nerfs that people here in this forum want then we will be left driving this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users