Reward Top Player From Losing Team Same as Win (Random Battles)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:39 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20724 battles

What are your thoughts on this? I feel one of the biggest reason players get so pee'd off and frustrated in this game is the fact that you can have a really strong round personally but just end up on the losing side for reasons I won't go into it BUT.. many of us try our best to extract to most and do the most from every round.

It is often very frustrating to have done your personal best in that tank, a really really great round.. a round that would have surely delivered an Ace on what might have been a tank in which an Ace has eluded you for a long time but was all for nothing. Wouldn't it be nice to get rewarded as much as you would if you had won? pick up that elusive Ace this lost battle would have surely given if you had won but lost through no fault of your own? Also get the same xp if you had won? 

Ok maybe the exactly the same as would have got if won but close to it, maybe 80%.. the thing is, I also feel this would give some of the less driven players on what looks like a lost battle the incentive to battle on fiercely right to the last man for the chance to get something really decent out of the round and in such mindsets who knows, may actually turn the battle and win lol.

What do you think of that idea, the current losing reward system and how it could be improved to be perhaps more fairer, stimulate losing teams to fight on and what might be changed in your opinion? Equally on a related matter, should those on a winning team that survive all the way to the end yet have done absolutely nothing get nothing at all? Should there be some insensitive or system in place that encourages these players to actually do something?

BonjiOrongji #2 Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39937 battles
  • [RMBLE] RMBLE
... just no ... and they should remove this crap from ranked too ...

jabster #3 Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12532 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
You lose and you don't get the bonus for winning, what could be fairer than that? 

HeidenSieker #4 Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:51 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 26 June 2017 - 12:39 PM, said:

Reward Top Player From Losing Team Same as Win (Random Battles)

I think this is a bad idea. It would encourage those who hide away and only come out at the end with their full HP to try and mop up to boost their personal gains, this being done at the expense of team-play in general.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64443 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

People won't get less pissed off due to less XP. They get pissed off because their WR goes down.

And WG have said, they don't want to reward bad play. As that's what they would have done more so then good play at times. As there is plenty of people that don't even get 1 shot in that gets a top spot. Or they reward the one that yolo spotted early on. As he got more assist then most got damage. And as reflected by the new ranked mode. It would just make more people "ditch" their team to farm damage on the red line to "save" their XP. Since the top 3 thing on Ranked is one of the reasons why it's not working.

If it's enough for an "ace", you usually get a "courageous resistance" bonus. Giving you an ace on 700 xp vs 1200. But.. that's only 50% more XP without the win bonus. If you did well enough as so many claim, and carried so hard... then a high caliber is usually what you get anyway. But it should be with the win bonus IMO. But just for a top spot? No.. it would break more then it would fix tbh.

Edited by Balc0ra, 26 June 2017 - 12:55 PM.

BonjiOrongji #6 Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39937 battles
  • [RMBLE] RMBLE

View PostTungstenHitman, on 26 June 2017 - 12:39 PM, said:

What do you think of that idea, the current losing reward system and how it could be improved to be perhaps more fairer, stimulate losing teams to fight on

as soon as there is the slightest possibility that your team is might lose the match (in ranked), half your team stops fighting und runs away ... they dont fight on ... they run away, camp and throw away a possible win

Edited by BonjiOrongji, 26 June 2017 - 01:04 PM.

TungstenHitman #7 Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:08 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20724 battles

View PostBonjiOrongji, on 26 June 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

... just no ... and they should remove this crap from ranked too ...

View Postjabster, on 26 June 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

You lose and you don't get the bonus for winning, what could be fairer than that? 

View PostHeidenSieker, on 26 June 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

I think this is a bad idea. It would encourage those who hide away and only come out at the end with their full HP to try and mop up to boost their personal gains, this being done at the expense of team-play in general.

View PostBalc0ra, on 26 June 2017 - 11:54 AM, said:

If it's enough for an "ace", you usually get a "courageous resistance" bonus. Giving you an ace on 700 xp vs 1200. But.. that's only 50% more XP without the win bonus. If you did well enough as so many claim, and carried so hard... then a high caliber is usually what you get anyway. But it should be with the win bonus IMO. But just for a top spot? No.. it would break more then it would fix tbh.

View PostBonjiOrongji, on 26 June 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

as soon as there is the slightest possibility that your team is loosing in ranked, half your team stops fighting und runs away ... they dont fight on ... they run away, camp and throw away a possible win

Ya.. I get all that and agree.. but what can be done to rectify these things in a positive way? I mean.. I see so many players doing absolutely nothing in most battles, nothing positive.. just negative and non-contributing playstyle that ultimately sows the seeds of defeat right there.. you're effectively playing 12vs15 or however many it is that are just hiding or camping, absolutely refusing to help or do the right thing or even look to shoot another tank which is THE POINT of the this game, to shoot and kill tanks, its a tank game it isnt anything else lol.. don't get it but anyway what incentives can be introduced to irradiate this playstyle in a positive and helpful way? I can't believe there are any players that actively like playing this way or want to play this way..

On another note WG are themselves guilty of this negative playstyle for selling these premium high tier tanks that anyone can buy, even if many have no experience and don't know what to do with them.. WG label them as premium tanks as brilliant machines that will generate lots of credits and so the new players that is struggling in his tier1 tank reads this glamorous WG advertisement(false advertisement in many ways as it only applies to players with some experience in which to extract the most) and also read all these threads about players complaining how OP tanks are so naturally they buy these tanks thinking the can go from crawling to running without learning how to walk first.. and to that end there is no proper tutorial feature where we get to try our tanks any time we want against NPC tanks on maps of our choosing in which to hone our skills and get thought through audible teaching what it is this tank and tank class should be doing

Edited by TungstenHitman, 26 June 2017 - 01:12 PM.

Cobra6 #8 Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Give the top 3 players on the losing team full XP and credits, that way are least you get some compensation even if your team is staffed by newts with the IQ of a brick.

Cobra 6

Mindfield #9 Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:27 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 19143 battles

You do get rewarded if you manage to earn a medal and be among the top three players in experience earned.

IMHO this is a good compromise, as it rewards good play.

Pvt_Duffer #10 Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:31 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16653 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I think you  need to resist more courageously. GIt guder

TungstenHitman #11 Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:33 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20724 battles

Ok I've been thinking more on the matter.. perhaps the biggest kick in the plums is the negative credits from it all and perhaps only this is what needs to be changed and is simple enough surely. I would play top tiers much much more no doubt about it except for one thing.. losing credits. Now I know this is WGs way for making cash and to encourage players to purchase premium accounts to offset this issue however.. I would feel that doing damage should be rewarded to the point that if you do enough OF IT.. that even if you lose, even if you don't have a premium account, even if it's while using a tier8-10 etc.. you should NEVER lose credits.

This does not mean it covers the use of gold ammo but if a player does more damage than he takes he should at the very least have his expenses covered, this makes losing and playing at top tiers massively less frustrating at least for me. If I kill 2 tanks and do more than twice my own hp in damage then I've played my part, should I have to kill 8 tanks? all off them? no I shouldn't, I certainly try to but if I have done my part I or any other player should NEVER lose credits firing standard AP and HE rounds. This isn't a perfect solution either as you could still get those campy stat padders covering their loses but picking up cheap kills and damage at the end of a lost battle but at least it would, I believe, encourage players to attack and also play higher tier tanks

Edit- because the thing is, if you play top tiers and do nothing and lose, even if you have a premium account you are STILL going to lose credits which absolutely fair and deserved so by offsetting credits lost by damage caused to the point that if you manage to do equal damage to your own hp you break even, and actually make a little credit by having a really good round even on a losing team, this should encourage players to get more into the game and shoot tanks, not hide 

Edited by TungstenHitman, 26 June 2017 - 01:39 PM.

Mimos_A #12 Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22221 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

I don't think it's a good idea, often the top player on the losing team just farmed the most efficient (this includes myself when I decide a game is screwed).

And it's not the xp or credits that bother me about those kind of games, it's usually more the fact that the braindead zombie behind me on the minimap can't be arsed to turn his turret the right way to support his team where it's needed that drives me up the wall.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users