Jump to content


New idea for Chevrons in ranked battle.

Ranked battle chevrons

  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

T701 #1 Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:29 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 17762 battles
  • 19
  • Member since:
    07-01-2012

At the moment there is huge problem with people camping in ranked battles. Even scouts camp cause top 3 even in losing team get chevron.

So here i success new version where losing team will not get any chevrons.

It doesn't matter if you do good and camp the crap out of enemies and get top exp. Loss is a loss.

So only winning team will get chevrons. To increase players activity even further i recommend winning team top 3 to get 2 chevrons and winning team last 3 to also lose chevrons.

This will stop people camping even if team is winning.

If there is further successions how to improve ranked battles write and explain how it would improve game play.


Edited by T701, 26 June 2017 - 06:30 PM.


VeryRisky #2 Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:40 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 17207 battles
  • 8,529
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-11-2012
Make it vaguely like WoWs.   All winning team get Chevrons, top 5 on losing side don't lose one.

fighting_falcon93 #3 Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:42 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 30420 battles
  • 3,596
  • Member since:
    02-05-2013

View PostVeryRisky, on 26 June 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

Make it vaguely like WoWs.   All winning team get Chevrons, top 5 on losing side don't lose one.

 

This, +1. WoWs has used this for some while now and it seems it works fine, I don't know why they didn't start out with that approach and then made adjustments to it if needed.

Aimazing #4 Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:57 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 10147 battles
  • 447
  • [503] 503
  • Member since:
    10-29-2010
Top 5 losing team don't lose Chevron ... will still be a campfest. Losing team should get no Chevron at all and every player should lose one IMHO.

Edited by Aimazing, 26 June 2017 - 07:01 PM.


NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:08 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 28470 battles
  • 2,153
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostT701, on 26 June 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

To increase players activity even further i recommend winning team top 3 to get 2 chevrons and winning team last 3 to also lose chevrons.

This will stop people camping even if team is winning.

 

No, if I shoot nothing all game and win by capping then I likely end up at the bottom of the table yet we won by my actions which is the goal. Every player on the winning team should get a chevron. Give the top player on the winning team two for added incentive if you like.

Gnomus #6 Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:30 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34484 battles
  • 2,029
  • [ASEET] ASEET
  • Member since:
    02-12-2011

View PostVeryRisky, on 26 June 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

Make it vaguely like WoWs.   All winning team get Chevrons, top 5 on losing side don't lose one.

 

Pretty much this. If needed give top 1-3 on winning team two chevrons to make people aim for better results.

 

If some winning team members do not get chevron or lose chevron, then it means nobody wants to be first to take risk. People will keep camping, just to avoid being in the bottom. I personally think camping and passive play to avoid being bottom is much more problematic than some pseudo-afker getting a chevron when his team still beats enemy regardless of him being useless. 

 

Best players of losing team not losing a chevron is ok. That way those who play well will not be punished too badly for bad team but winning is always better option. In current system it is more important to play well than to play for the team, and it means camping and farming.



blickoo #7 Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:45 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 54276 battles
  • 99
  • Member since:
    06-24-2011

I don't mind losing chevrons or getting chevrons, what really needs to change is Premium ammo and artillery and vanilla client for all .Gold ammo and arty

 should be removed and then we can have real ranked battles.  I have noticed that regular ammo is much less effective in ranked battles then Random battles. There is definitely some funny business going on here. I know WG is all about making money but at least give everyone the same playing field.


Edited by blickoo, 27 June 2017 - 01:45 PM.


NUKLEAR_SLUG #8 Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:08 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 28470 battles
  • 2,153
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
If you want a level playing field then everyone needs to be driving the same tank with identical skilled crews and identical equipment loadout. You can't have a ranked mode that will ever truly differentiate between the the skill of individual players unless everyone is playing from the same base point.

japtank #9 Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:10 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27619 battles
  • 1,046
  • Member since:
    04-20-2012

View PostT701, on 26 June 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

 winning team last 3 to also lose chevrons.

 

Sure mate, cool idea, so I push a flank for my team to win the battle, get killed and lose a chevron because I made my team win.

Apply for a dev position immediately, bright future ahead :p



weetniet_ #10 Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:51 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 44636 battles
  • 28
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

lose the 3 chevrons on losing team it brakes the game every rime 50 - 60 % of team is camping it out, make it so that losing tea, is of all losing the chevron or that losing side doen t lose it. Now it is a great camp fest and even how hard you try to get in front to do dmg/spot because of camping tanks you lose and lose

 



Stevie_Ray_Vaughan #11 Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:37 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19151 battles
  • 740
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015

View Postblickoo, on 27 June 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

I don't mind losing chevrons or getting chevrons, what really needs to change is Premium ammo and artillery and vanilla client for all .Gold ammo and arty

 should be removed and then we can have real ranked battles.  I have noticed that regular ammo is much less effective in ranked battles then Random battles. There is definitely some funny business going on here. I know WG is all about making money but at least give everyone the same playing field.

 

So you are sure you want to see even more Maus and Type 5 in ranked?

tankqull #12 Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:48 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20810 battles
  • 1,494
  • [-FD-] -FD-
  • Member since:
    08-31-2011

they need to change the chevron destribution significantly

1. multiply the required chevrons by 3 per rank

 

winning team

top 3 -> +5chevs

top 10 -> +3chevs

last 5 -> +1

 

losing team:

top 6 -> -1

top12 -> -2

last 3 -> -4

 

that way your goal is to win a battle as losing do not provide any progression or option to contain your points. but due to a surpluss of chevrons each game you are not facing this crazy up and down as you face currently.

 



VeryRisky #13 Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:54 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 17207 battles
  • 8,529
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-11-2012

View Posttankqull, on 23 September 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

they need to change the chevron destribution significantly

1. multiply the required chevrons by 3 per rank

 

winning team

top 3 -> +5chevs

top 10 -> +3chevs

last 5 -> +1

 

losing team:

top 6 -> -1

top12 -> -2

last 3 -> -4

 

that way your goal is to win a battle as losing do not provide any progression or option to contain your points. but due to a surpluss of chevrons each game you are not facing this crazy up and down as you face currently.

 

 

Not bad except the variable negatives for the losing team aren't a good idea. What it takes to end up at the top of the losing team is not always the same as what you should be doing to try and win.

tankqull #14 Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:34 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20810 battles
  • 1,494
  • [-FD-] -FD-
  • Member since:
    08-31-2011

View PostVeryRisky, on 23 September 2017 - 07:54 PM, said:

 

Not bad except the variable negatives for the losing team aren't a good idea. What it takes to end up at the top of the losing team is not always the same as what you should be doing to try and win.

 

by doing sth worthwhile you do not end up at the bottom wich is the only place where you would truly suffer from a loss.

the idea of my proposal is to try and win at any cost and not to reward loss optimization.


Edited by tankqull, 23 September 2017 - 10:39 PM.


ExclamationMark #15 Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:51 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 16775 battles
  • 3,727
  • Member since:
    04-12-2013

View PostVeryRisky, on 26 June 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

Make it vaguely like WoWs.   All winning team get Chevrons, top 5 on losing side don't lose one.

 

Are you from the future? :O

VeryRisky #16 Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:24 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 17207 battles
  • 8,529
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-11-2012

View Posttankqull, on 23 September 2017 - 09:34 PM, said:

 

by doing sth worthwhile you do not end up at the bottom wich is the only place where you would truly suffer from a loss.

the idea of my proposal is to try and win at any cost and not to reward loss optimization.

 

 

Win at all cost would be same reward for all winners.  The problem is that to ensure you don't place at them bottom of the losing team the best way is to camp redline in a TD and you will always get enough damage to place higher, but that damage is almost always done when your team has already lost the battle.  

45% chance of being carried for 1-3 chevrons and a 55% of losing with -1 to-4, by hard camping you can ensure you hardly ever get the -4 and have a good chance of getting some of the +3 wins by moving forward for the mop up phase.







Also tagged with Ranked, battle, chevrons

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users