Jump to content


It cant be just me thats at fault here ?


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Tinom5 #1 Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:27 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9643 battles
  • 488
  • [STAR-] STAR-
  • Member since:
    01-29-2014
I am not good at this game i will admit it but i have noticed that the quallity of the teams is going down very rappidly. I dont know if im the 100th person that noticed this. Like i had games where the cap was so close to being caped and another person managed to decap it just in time then i helped him and we were like more than the enemy and somehow in the blink of an eye... we lost. The teams just leming train to 1 side and at that moment i went with them because last time i dint go wit hthem i got steamrolled by 6 tanks. People say that i am a factor in a team and i beleve that but how can a person like me with my stats pull of carry games all the time ? I have carried no more than 3 times in the 3-4 years i play this game witch meh but back on the topic why are teams just liek zombies nowadays ?  Hell i saw several people who had a chance of doing something but they screw up or cant even aim at tiers 6+.

Emeraldweed #2 Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:36 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6059 battles
  • 722
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012
Not gonna go down with the stats blaming, but when someone is capping it forces people out of their cover in order to decap which results in free shots from the capping team. i've seen so many games thrown this way. it's just people panicking 

Jigabachi #3 Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:48 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17746 battles
  • 17,621
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostTinom5, on 26 June 2017 - 07:27 PM, said:

People say that i am a factor in a team and i beleve that but how can a person like me with my stats pull of carry games all the time ?

You aren't meant to carry all the time. You are meant to contribute as much as you can - and in some matches that contribution will decide between victory and defeat. And those matches are those that will finally show how good you are.

That's the basic idea.

 

Block Quote

 why are teams just liek zombies nowadays ?

You are indeed a pretty bad player (at least you are not deluded, that's a positive thing) and, that said, one of those zombies.

The new MM gave more power and responsibility to the toptiers, as there are only three of them in the standard MM template. Now think about what happens if your team has three of your kind as toptiers. Do you expect the lower tiers to carry you every time?

 

TL;DR: Yes, for yoir personal fate, you are the only one to blame.



Aikl #4 Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:51 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 25141 battles
  • 3,994
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

'Superdefeats' or steamrolls has almost always been a problem in WoT - and it's not something that's going away either. It's simply how the game works. If one team is down three tanks, chances are they'll lose even more soon. If one team decides that map control isn't important, they tend to lose. 

 

Furthermore, having only three top tiers makes bottom-tier games easier (but not exactly more fun), but there's greater chance of variation when there's only three tanks at the top. Player skill is not a factor in the matchmaker, but larger sample sizes balances out. Smaller ones can have more variation.

 

Your 'recent' stats aren't horrible. At 49,3% winrate, you're more or less average, carrying your own weight but not more than that. If you want to generally win more games, you should find areas to improve on. Watching replays and getting feedback from the community can be a good idea.

 

Judging from your stats alone, you seem to play a lot of 'support' tanks. Those can be tricky to influence games with. A typical mistake is to deal damage too late in a game. Just looking at stats I'd guess that's part of the problem. It's tricky to figure it out, but a good idea is to always think how you can get back into cover. Never commit to a position unless you're certain that the bobs people behind you are thinking the same as you. That way, it's easier to find positions to deal early damage without getting blown away instantly.

 

Teamplay matters as well. If you camp at the back, you're waiting for something to happen. If you don't see any enemy tanks, you've likely won the game. If you see enemy tanks, you're probably already losing the game. That's a problem. If you think your bottom-tier tank is better off sniping enemy tanks, you are somewhat useful. If you use your tank as a meatshield or distraction, you're incredibly useful - enabling your allies to bring their guns to full effect instead of only yours.


Edited by Aikl, 26 June 2017 - 07:54 PM.


Tinom5 #5 Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:58 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9643 battles
  • 488
  • [STAR-] STAR-
  • Member since:
    01-29-2014

View PostAikl, on 26 June 2017 - 07:51 PM, said:

'Superdefeats' or steamrolls has almost always been a problem in WoT - and it's not something that's going away either. It's simply how the game works. If one team is down three tanks, chances are they'll lose even more soon. If one team decides that map control isn't important, they tend to lose. 

 

Furthermore, having only three top tiers makes bottom-tier games easier (but not exactly more fun), but there's greater chance of variation when there's only three tanks at the top. Player skill is not a factor in the matchmaker, but larger sample sizes balances out. Smaller ones can have more variation.

 

Your 'recent' stats aren't horrible. At 49,3% winrate, you're more or less average, carrying your own weight but not more than that. If you want to generally win more games, you should find areas to improve on. Watching replays and getting feedback from the community can be a good idea.

 

Judging from your stats alone, you seem to play a lot of 'support' tanks. Those can be tricky to influence games with. A typical mistake is to deal damage too late in a game. Just looking at stats I'd guess that's part of the problem. It's tricky to figure it out, but a good idea is to always think how you can get back into cover. Never commit to a position unless you're certain that the bobs people behind you are thinking the same as you. That way, it's easier to find positions to deal early damage without getting blown away instantly.

 

Teamplay matters as well. If you camp at the back, you're waiting for something to happen. If you don't see any enemy tanks, you've likely won the game. If you see enemy tanks, you're probably already losing the game. That's a problem. If you think your bottom-tier tank is better off sniping enemy tanks, you are somewhat useful. If you use your tank as a meatshield or distraction, you're incredibly useful - enabling your allies to bring their guns to full effect instead of only yours.

 

hmm guess you are right all of you to be fair. I guess i have to rethink some stuff.

Enforcer1975 #6 Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:21 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 18361 battles
  • 9,840
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

Just had an encounter game on steppes where our tanks forced the enemy from the cap and killed them and had to cap themselves to win. We were all "light" an easy kills compared to the 2-3 remaining tanks so our team didn't have a choice. I was the only one so far who still had his hp pool intact so i tried to buy them some time and caught one from their KV-1. It's a miracle that we won the game that close.

Capping can indeed be a tool to force the enemy to move but some still can't use it properly and cap without a plan while they have enemies bouncing them at the same time.


Edited by Enforcer1975, 26 June 2017 - 08:22 PM.


Suurpolskija #7 Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:54 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16500 battles
  • 1,174
  • [URHO] URHO
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016
Stats are just a way to see how you've played in the past. Never hide behind them. They don't limit you in any way. There's no rule denying a mediocre player to play like a unicum.

Learn the game, learn from your mistakes. "Git gud".

Kozzy #8 Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:15 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 38497 battles
  • 2,297
  • [EAB2] EAB2
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

View PostTinom5, on 26 June 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

I am not good at this game i will admit it but i have noticed that the quallity of the teams is going down very rappidly. I dont know if im the 100th person that noticed this. Like i had games where the cap was so close to being caped and another person managed to decap it just in time then i helped him and we were like more than the enemy and somehow in the blink of an eye... we lost. The teams just leming train to 1 side and at that moment i went with them because last time i dint go wit hthem i got steamrolled by 6 tanks. People say that i am a factor in a team and i beleve that but how can a person like me with my stats pull of carry games all the time ? I have carried no more than 3 times in the 3-4 years i play this game witch meh but back on the topic why are teams just liek zombies nowadays ?  Hell i saw several people who had a chance of doing something but they screw up or cant even aim at tiers 6+.

 

It seems a few people on this forum just cannot grasp the logic fail in saying:

 

"The players are getting worse and so I am getting worse stats/losing more"

 

If the players, on average, are indeed getting worse then any player who is, even slightly, better than average WILL have an easier time, they WILL win more, on average.

 

This is extremely simple logic.



Kicky92 #9 Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:07 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 12857 battles
  • 78
  • [EMRYS] EMRYS
  • Member since:
    04-21-2015

Its not just you, I noticed it too and decided to email someone at WG. Below is a copy of that email. 

I also posted a while ago on the WoT eu Facebook, a list of things that needs fixing and general ideas. 

The email below is simply about the high number of losses over the past week or so, and does not go into detail about other aspects and issues. 

 

Another week of highly disappointing teams. 45% wins one day, the next 47% then 43%. 
too many bots or noobs in the teams are making my teams collapse within 3 minutes (averaged). 
Again, i would stress that you need to separate players by number of battles of fought, and ban new player from buying OP premiums - for them to charge out into the enemy and die within two minutes isn't good for game play. 
these bad players are making the chat even more toxic, because they are charging in, they get destroyed then start being rude in chat. 
im finding myself using all my daily allowance of in-game reporting for reporting inaction/bot and inappropriate chat.
The bad players have come out in droves since the tank fest event started. 
I will say that the game is NOT BALANCED AT ALL with these players ruining the game for the more experienced players. 
I know im not to blame as i consume hundreds of youtube videos, so i know how to play, and im top of the team on the losing side most of the time. i find myself far out-classing some of my team mates and they find it appropriate to be horrendously toxic in chat.

Please take this seriously, for example, once upon a time everyone complained about the match maker. Now id say its brilliant. you fixed the mm! well done! Now please fix the teams i beg you!!!! 
I find myself giving you chance after chance after chance, simply because i love this game, its great! but it could be better! 

Please, keep up the good work! but please improve the game, its nearly perfected now if it wasnt for the bad and toxic players.

If you guys & girls need any ideas, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help and give advice and ideas as a joe average player. yes ive been on the forums but nothing ever happens there.

lastly, please remove the highway map. its so so so bad! 
 



SaintMaddenus #10 Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:29 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 33148 battles
  • 1,111
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-04-2011

I do understand how you feel, I had a year of very poor play before I came here to find out what's up and why.  I read various comments and learned that it is me.  I get how you feel sometimes I just want to be carried too.  But the thing is, we often forget when we were so it feels worse.   We contribute each battle, we must try to do things differently if we fail.

 

My failure was my own in-ability to deal with the auto-loader changes.   I went from over 5K PR to below 4800 in that year.  I learned to deal with them better, im still not good but have looked to myself.  yes there are still a lot of [edited], so take advantage that 50% of those [edited]will be on the other team too.    When I kept getting told "git gud"  i was very much the attitude of editable words not allowed on this board.  But actually it was what I needed to do.


 

Forget what worked at T1-3, as you go up Teirs these tactics (or lack of) don't work.   By the time I got to T10 I was really out of my depth.  many players at that level actually have learned how to play, I lack the skill to maintain T 9 and 10.

I hover around 5-7.


 

Learn your limits and play within them.   Find a tank you are good at and build it's crew up.  Play others so you can learn how you die.  So you in turn can learn to kill them. 


 

Remember Dying is also a learning experience when you want it to be.



unhappy_bunny #11 Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:46 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17409 battles
  • 2,131
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

While I agree that teams seem worse that they used to be, and sometimes players just seem to press W and die quickly, there are things you can do.

 

Looking at your list of tanks, you have a lot of vehicles compared to your number of battles, so I would guess you have not elited very many, and you have probably not skilled up your crews on them either.

If you are playing any tank in 'stock' then you are at a disadvantage, more so if you have crew at <100%.

I would advise forgetting about your T8 & T9 tanks for the moment. Those are the tiers at which you are going to suffer more.

Drop down to T5 & T6, concentrate on 2 or 3 tanks, get them fully upgraded, fully equipped, and get the crew's trained with a couple of additional skills/perks. While you are doing that, you are not only training your crew, but you are honing your own skills, and you should be earning reasonable credits. 

If you want to spend money, than by all means get a Premium Account (it speeds up crew training as well as earning credits and xp) and/or a Premium Vehicle that you can use for crew training. Don't worry about whether it is OP or not, the object is to get your crews trained. 

 

None of this will guarantee you success, but it will give you the tools to be come more competitive. Then you should be able to contribute more to the team. 



LR130 #12 Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:16 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 14453 battles
  • 163
  • [DECOY] DECOY
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostKicky92, on 27 June 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

Its not just you, I noticed it too and decided to email someone at WG. Below is a copy of that email. 

I also posted a while ago on the WoT eu Facebook, a list of things that needs fixing and general ideas. 

The email below is simply about the high number of losses over the past week or so, and does not go into detail about other aspects and issues. 

 

Another week of highly disappointing teams. 45% wins one day, the next 47% then 43%. 
too many bots or noobs in the teams are making my teams collapse within 3 minutes (averaged). 
Again, i would stress that you need to separate players by number of battles of fought, and ban new player from buying OP premiums - for them to charge out into the enemy and die within two minutes isn't good for game play. 
these bad players are making the chat even more toxic, because they are charging in, they get destroyed then start being rude in chat. 
im finding myself using all my daily allowance of in-game reporting for reporting inaction/bot and inappropriate chat.
The bad players have come out in droves since the tank fest event started. 
I will say that the game is NOT BALANCED AT ALL with these players ruining the game for the more experienced players. 
I know im not to blame as i consume hundreds of youtube videos, so i know how to play, and im top of the team on the losing side most of the time. i find myself far out-classing some of my team mates and they find it appropriate to be horrendously toxic in chat.

Please take this seriously, for example, once upon a time everyone complained about the match maker. Now id say its brilliant. you fixed the mm! well done! Now please fix the teams i beg you!!!! 
I find myself giving you chance after chance after chance, simply because i love this game, its great! but it could be better! 

Please, keep up the good work! but please improve the game, its nearly perfected now if it wasnt for the bad and toxic players.

If you guys & girls need any ideas, please dont hesitate to contact me, I will help and give advice and ideas as a joe average player. yes ive been on the forums but nothing ever happens there.

lastly, please remove the highway map. its so so so bad! 
 

:popcorn:



Emeraldweed #13 Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:36 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6059 battles
  • 722
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

Ok now that i have plenty of time in my hands i will bite and give you a general guideline on how to improve your gameplay

 

1) Expand your minimap- Next time you log in press the + twice, this will expand your minimap, try to take  a look at it everytime you reload, this will increase your awareness a vital skill in surviving more and contributing more

 

2) Fight or flight- always check  how many people are around you, don't go alone to a flank and in case everyone died don't be afraid to  flee, you are not a coward  its just a tactical retreat :P  If you see that you are in a situation where you will most probably die then RUNNNNN.

 

3) minimize tunnel visioning- a common noob mistake is that people tend to search for targets while they are in sniper mode, dont do that even if according to your minimap is really close also *cough* minimap * cough*

 

4) rock hugging- make sure you always have some form of hard cover next to you, rock, building, wreck, steep elevation, anything to block incoming fire while you reload. 

 

5) armor is situational- no matter how much armor you have  always peekaboo. a gold shell, a track shot, arty might wreck you so  avoid being under fire without any form of cover

 

6) be a selfish [edited]- In this teamplay game, your team is your worse enemy. be selfish with your hp unless it leads you to direct victory, don't take risks for anyone ( well except your friends) most of the time you will die in vain  and one in the 1000 games you might get a thanks back.



PowJay #14 Posted 27 June 2017 - 02:05 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 33768 battles
  • 3,949
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

Tinom5, it is you who are also at fault, but you admit that, so have one of these for being honest and not deluded. :medal:

 

I often compare someone else's stats to mine because I know exactly how I tend to play and so I can, maybe, get some idea of where you are going wrong. Also, examining stats generally gives some idea of play-style. Let's see.

 

First of all, you survive less than 16% of all of your battles. With the latest stats on noobmeter, this means that you have survived only 1277 battles out of 8086. Do you think that this might be part of the problem? Seeing as how you have won 2776 battles, you have not even survived half of your WINNING battles on average. This means that, more often than not, you are dead at the end of a battle even when your team wins. Ergo, you are NEVER going to carry a game when you are dead.

 

Next comes damage. Even if you don't kill enemy tanks, every hit point of damage removed from the enemy helps. Later, one of your weaker allies could get an easy kill and bring about the win. Your average tier is just below mine (5.5 to 5.9) but your average damage is 399 to my 698. So, despite being only half a tier average higher than you. In other words, I am 0.7% tier higher and doing 74% more damage than you. Clearly, while I am not awesome (and yes, I do know this) I am getting a positive WR by doing a hell of a lot more damage than you.

 

So, damage is all well and good, but a team of 15 live players on 1HP is a lot more dangerous than one live player on 1500 HP. So, how is your killing ability? Oh dear. You kill less than one enemy tank every two battles. I am more than happy to acknowledge my kill rate of 0.88 is not great, but please bear in mind that I have played a LOT of tanks- many of them LTs- and I know that this is a factor (as well as skill. Yes, I know!)

 

Your base capture and reset are both less than mine. This is most likely an indicator that you are already dead a lot of the time.

 

You are, basically, doing a lot of things wrong. I do things wrong all the time. There are many reasons for this. One is overestimating the abilities of my tank- and especially compared to an enemy tank, perhaps. For example- that enemy is an easy kill and he won't kill me. Then it's "We dinged 'em" and I get ammo-racked by a lucky shot.

 

The other reasons are both real and psychological. Take the T28 Pilot which I have been playing for 6th sense recently. 5 wins from 15 battles. I hate it. I am sorry that I struggled through the missions to get it and I am about half a hair's breadth away from selling it. Now I don't care about it. I don't expect to do well in it and I have lost all interest in the battles- especially when it is against tier X most of the time. So, it is unlikely that I am ever going to do well and it WILL hurt my stats. It may well be a good tank- but not in my hands.

 

I think that it is necessary to admit defeat with some tanks. I have kept some really good vehicles. Some of the 80 in my garage are brilliant in my hands- some of them are widely disliked. My (350 HP) Archer, for example has the following stats.


 

 

But a lot of players HATE it.

 

The IS-3, however, is widely liked and considered to be noob-friendly, but I have NEVER had a positive win rate in it. Not once in 466 battles.

 

The basic things to learn more about are 1. spotting and camouflage mechanics- learn to stay hidden longer while spotting your enemies more easily. 2. Armour, gun, shell and penetration mechanics- learn to damage your enemies while staying alive longer. Skills such as playing hull down, side-scraping and wiggling can all help to keep you alive, while understanding weakspots can help you to damage your enemies more easily. Carry some Premium ammo for those times when nothing else will do (in other words, when you can't outplay your enemy) and do more damage and kill more tanks.

 

The maps and where to go to do what you want to do are the hardest thing to learn: not least of all because WG keeps changing them. Don't be stubborn and always go the same way in different tanks. Watch the flanks. If you do head for a flank alone, ask yourself what you can achieve and make sure you have an escape route. If you can't bear to leave a flank undefended, then don't go so far and make sure you have some support, even if it is allies camping on high ground.

 

The best example for the above is probably Erlenberg, Playing south, it has become the norm to not cross the river, attack north, defend the base and win. Similarly, it seems from the north, crossing the river is a sure way to get killed 9 times out of 10. A big, HOWEVER, though, watching the flow of battle, considering how your allies' strength compares to that of your enemies and knowing if a flank is likely to fall or is in need of support for a successful push can swing a battle.

 

Now, I know all this, but I fail to implement it all, all of the time. As a result I do not win as often as I could. I feel that by trying to implement what I know as often and as correctly as I can, I make a valuable contribution more often than I fail miserably- particularly in my favourite, keeper tanks. Unfortunately, you do not make a valuable contribution most of the time: either by not knowing what to do, or by failing to implement your knowledge appropriately. As a result, you are one of those players who are part of the problem in weak teams and not part of the solution.

 

As already noted: your recent stats are not so bad, so whatever you are doing, keep doing it. Lay off the higher tiers, try and play some of your favourites, develop your crews to improve your vehicles' performance, load some Premium ammo and get going.

 

Good luck. :great:



Tinom5 #15 Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:51 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9643 battles
  • 488
  • [STAR-] STAR-
  • Member since:
    01-29-2014

View PostPowJay, on 27 June 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

Tinom5, it is you who are also at fault, but you admit that, so have one of these for being honest and not deluded. :medal:

 

I often compare someone else's stats to mine because I know exactly how I tend to play and so I can, maybe, get some idea of where you are going wrong. Also, examining stats generally gives some idea of play-style. Let's see.

 

First of all, you survive less than 16% of all of your battles. With the latest stats on noobmeter, this means that you have survived only 1277 battles out of 8086. Do you think that this might be part of the problem? Seeing as how you have won 2776 battles, you have not even survived half of your WINNING battles on average. This means that, more often than not, you are dead at the end of a battle even when your team wins. Ergo, you are NEVER going to carry a game when you are dead.

 

Next comes damage. Even if you don't kill enemy tanks, every hit point of damage removed from the enemy helps. Later, one of your weaker allies could get an easy kill and bring about the win. Your average tier is just below mine (5.5 to 5.9) but your average damage is 399 to my 698. So, despite being only half a tier average higher than you. In other words, I am 0.7% tier higher and doing 74% more damage than you. Clearly, while I am not awesome (and yes, I do know this) I am getting a positive WR by doing a hell of a lot more damage than you.

 

So, damage is all well and good, but a team of 15 live players on 1HP is a lot more dangerous than one live player on 1500 HP. So, how is your killing ability? Oh dear. You kill less than one enemy tank every two battles. I am more than happy to acknowledge my kill rate of 0.88 is not great, but please bear in mind that I have played a LOT of tanks- many of them LTs- and I know that this is a factor (as well as skill. Yes, I know!)

 

Your base capture and reset are both less than mine. This is most likely an indicator that you are already dead a lot of the time.

 

You are, basically, doing a lot of things wrong. I do things wrong all the time. There are many reasons for this. One is overestimating the abilities of my tank- and especially compared to an enemy tank, perhaps. For example- that enemy is an easy kill and he won't kill me. Then it's "We dinged 'em" and I get ammo-racked by a lucky shot.

 

The other reasons are both real and psychological. Take the T28 Pilot which I have been playing for 6th sense recently. 5 wins from 15 battles. I hate it. I am sorry that I struggled through the missions to get it and I am about half a hair's breadth away from selling it. Now I don't care about it. I don't expect to do well in it and I have lost all interest in the battles- especially when it is against tier X most of the time. So, it is unlikely that I am ever going to do well and it WILL hurt my stats. It may well be a good tank- but not in my hands.

 

I think that it is necessary to admit defeat with some tanks. I have kept some really good vehicles. Some of the 80 in my garage are brilliant in my hands- some of them are widely disliked. My (350 HP) Archer, for example has the following stats.


 

 

But a lot of players HATE it.

 

The IS-3, however, is widely liked and considered to be noob-friendly, but I have NEVER had a positive win rate in it. Not once in 466 battles.

 

The basic things to learn more about are 1. spotting and camouflage mechanics- learn to stay hidden longer while spotting your enemies more easily. 2. Armour, gun, shell and penetration mechanics- learn to damage your enemies while staying alive longer. Skills such as playing hull down, side-scraping and wiggling can all help to keep you alive, while understanding weakspots can help you to damage your enemies more easily. Carry some Premium ammo for those times when nothing else will do (in other words, when you can't outplay your enemy) and do more damage and kill more tanks.

 

The maps and where to go to do what you want to do are the hardest thing to learn: not least of all because WG keeps changing them. Don't be stubborn and always go the same way in different tanks. Watch the flanks. If you do head for a flank alone, ask yourself what you can achieve and make sure you have an escape route. If you can't bear to leave a flank undefended, then don't go so far and make sure you have some support, even if it is allies camping on high ground.

 

The best example for the above is probably Erlenberg, Playing south, it has become the norm to not cross the river, attack north, defend the base and win. Similarly, it seems from the north, crossing the river is a sure way to get killed 9 times out of 10. A big, HOWEVER, though, watching the flow of battle, considering how your allies' strength compares to that of your enemies and knowing if a flank is likely to fall or is in need of support for a successful push can swing a battle.

 

Now, I know all this, but I fail to implement it all, all of the time. As a result I do not win as often as I could. I feel that by trying to implement what I know as often and as correctly as I can, I make a valuable contribution more often than I fail miserably- particularly in my favourite, keeper tanks. Unfortunately, you do not make a valuable contribution most of the time: either by not knowing what to do, or by failing to implement your knowledge appropriately. As a result, you are one of those players who are part of the problem in weak teams and not part of the solution.

 

As already noted: your recent stats are not so bad, so whatever you are doing, keep doing it. Lay off the higher tiers, try and play some of your favourites, develop your crews to improve your vehicles' performance, load some Premium ammo and get going.

 

Good luck. :great:

 

Well i will try to be more carefull on my aproach to the game.Thanks :)

Tinom5 #16 Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:11 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9643 battles
  • 488
  • [STAR-] STAR-
  • Member since:
    01-29-2014

View PostPowJay, on 27 June 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

Tinom5, it is you who are also at fault, but you admit that, so have one of these for being honest and not deluded. :medal:

 

I often compare someone else's stats to mine because I know exactly how I tend to play and so I can, maybe, get some idea of where you are going wrong. Also, examining stats generally gives some idea of play-style. Let's see.

 

First of all, you survive less than 16% of all of your battles. With the latest stats on noobmeter, this means that you have survived only 1277 battles out of 8086. Do you think that this might be part of the problem? Seeing as how you have won 2776 battles, you have not even survived half of your WINNING battles on average. This means that, more often than not, you are dead at the end of a battle even when your team wins. Ergo, you are NEVER going to carry a game when you are dead.

 

Next comes damage. Even if you don't kill enemy tanks, every hit point of damage removed from the enemy helps. Later, one of your weaker allies could get an easy kill and bring about the win. Your average tier is just below mine (5.5 to 5.9) but your average damage is 399 to my 698. So, despite being only half a tier average higher than you. In other words, I am 0.7% tier higher and doing 74% more damage than you. Clearly, while I am not awesome (and yes, I do know this) I am getting a positive WR by doing a hell of a lot more damage than you.

 

So, damage is all well and good, but a team of 15 live players on 1HP is a lot more dangerous than one live player on 1500 HP. So, how is your killing ability? Oh dear. You kill less than one enemy tank every two battles. I am more than happy to acknowledge my kill rate of 0.88 is not great, but please bear in mind that I have played a LOT of tanks- many of them LTs- and I know that this is a factor (as well as skill. Yes, I know!)

 

Your base capture and reset are both less than mine. This is most likely an indicator that you are already dead a lot of the time.

 

You are, basically, doing a lot of things wrong. I do things wrong all the time. There are many reasons for this. One is overestimating the abilities of my tank- and especially compared to an enemy tank, perhaps. For example- that enemy is an easy kill and he won't kill me. Then it's "We dinged 'em" and I get ammo-racked by a lucky shot.

 

The other reasons are both real and psychological. Take the T28 Pilot which I have been playing for 6th sense recently. 5 wins from 15 battles. I hate it. I am sorry that I struggled through the missions to get it and I am about half a hair's breadth away from selling it. Now I don't care about it. I don't expect to do well in it and I have lost all interest in the battles- especially when it is against tier X most of the time. So, it is unlikely that I am ever going to do well and it WILL hurt my stats. It may well be a good tank- but not in my hands.

 

I think that it is necessary to admit defeat with some tanks. I have kept some really good vehicles. Some of the 80 in my garage are brilliant in my hands- some of them are widely disliked. My (350 HP) Archer, for example has the following stats.


 

 

But a lot of players HATE it.

 

The IS-3, however, is widely liked and considered to be noob-friendly, but I have NEVER had a positive win rate in it. Not once in 466 battles.

 

The basic things to learn more about are 1. spotting and camouflage mechanics- learn to stay hidden longer while spotting your enemies more easily. 2. Armour, gun, shell and penetration mechanics- learn to damage your enemies while staying alive longer. Skills such as playing hull down, side-scraping and wiggling can all help to keep you alive, while understanding weakspots can help you to damage your enemies more easily. Carry some Premium ammo for those times when nothing else will do (in other words, when you can't outplay your enemy) and do more damage and kill more tanks.

 

The maps and where to go to do what you want to do are the hardest thing to learn: not least of all because WG keeps changing them. Don't be stubborn and always go the same way in different tanks. Watch the flanks. If you do head for a flank alone, ask yourself what you can achieve and make sure you have an escape route. If you can't bear to leave a flank undefended, then don't go so far and make sure you have some support, even if it is allies camping on high ground.

 

The best example for the above is probably Erlenberg, Playing south, it has become the norm to not cross the river, attack north, defend the base and win. Similarly, it seems from the north, crossing the river is a sure way to get killed 9 times out of 10. A big, HOWEVER, though, watching the flow of battle, considering how your allies' strength compares to that of your enemies and knowing if a flank is likely to fall or is in need of support for a successful push can swing a battle.

 

Now, I know all this, but I fail to implement it all, all of the time. As a result I do not win as often as I could. I feel that by trying to implement what I know as often and as correctly as I can, I make a valuable contribution more often than I fail miserably- particularly in my favourite, keeper tanks. Unfortunately, you do not make a valuable contribution most of the time: either by not knowing what to do, or by failing to implement your knowledge appropriately. As a result, you are one of those players who are part of the problem in weak teams and not part of the solution.

 

As already noted: your recent stats are not so bad, so whatever you are doing, keep doing it. Lay off the higher tiers, try and play some of your favourites, develop your crews to improve your vehicles' performance, load some Premium ammo and get going.

 

Good luck. :great:

 

But what can i do when i do things the "proper" way and the team doesnt even wann leave the base ( even when we are teh attackers ) or when i paly a scout like now and they dont even wanna shoot at him ?

Achibot #17 Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:18 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17959 battles
  • 2,225
  • [HUSH-] HUSH-
  • Member since:
    05-16-2012

View PostTinom5, on 27 June 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

 

But what can i do when i do things the "proper" way and the team doesnt even wann leave the base ( even when we are teh attackers ) or when i paly a scout like now and they dont even wanna shoot at him ?

 

Nothing, these are the ~33% of games you cannot win and not many other people could either. Don't be discouraged when you cannot win such games but always ask yourself, every single time - "Could I have done better in that matchup? Was there a better place to go? Should I have shot a different tank or spotted a different area?"

 

You already have the correct attitude to improve, the rest will just take time. as long as you keep questioning yourself and looking to improve personally, the rest is a statistical inevitability over time. No player alive is capable of carrying every match but most will never carry any. Try and find the happiest medium between those two extremes that you can manage.



NUKLEAR_SLUG #18 Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:38 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 26618 battles
  • 1,610
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostTinom5, on 26 June 2017 - 07:27 PM, said:

I am not good at this game i will admit it but i have noticed that the quallity of the teams is going down very rappidly. I dont know if im the 100th person that noticed this. Like i had games where the cap was so close to being caped and another person managed to decap it just in time then i helped him and we were like more than the enemy and somehow in the blink of an eye... we lost. The teams just leming train to 1 side and at that moment i went with them because last time i dint go wit hthem i got steamrolled by 6 tanks. People say that i am a factor in a team and i beleve that but how can a person like me with my stats pull of carry games all the time ? I have carried no more than 3 times in the 3-4 years i play this game witch meh but back on the topic why are teams just liek zombies nowadays ?  Hell i saw several people who had a chance of doing something but they screw up or cant even aim at tiers 6+.

 

 You know you aren't the best at the game that already makes you infinitely better than all the players that blame everything but themselves for doing badly. By knowing you're bad you understand the need to learn to get better. Those that refuse to learn will forever be bad. By being willing to learn you will inevitably improve. The only thing to concern yourself in a game is what YOU are doing as it's the only thing you have any direct control of.

lonigus #19 Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:17 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 32631 battles
  • 7,971
  • Member since:
    09-26-2011

View PostTinom5, on 26 June 2017 - 07:27 PM, said:

I am not good at this game i will admit it but i have noticed that the quallity of the teams is going down very rappidly. I dont know if im the 100th person that noticed this. Like i had games where the cap was so close to being caped and another person managed to decap it just in time then i helped him and we were like more than the enemy and somehow in the blink of an eye... we lost. The teams just leming train to 1 side and at that moment i went with them because last time i dint go wit hthem i got steamrolled by 6 tanks. People say that i am a factor in a team and i beleve that but how can a person like me with my stats pull of carry games all the time ? I have carried no more than 3 times in the 3-4 years i play this game witch meh but back on the topic why are teams just liek zombies nowadays ?  Hell i saw several people who had a chance of doing something but they screw up or cant even aim at tiers 6+.

 

View PostJigabachi, on 26 June 2017 - 07:48 PM, said:

You aren't meant to carry all the time. You are meant to contribute as much as you can - and in some matches that contribution will decide between victory and defeat. And those matches are those that will finally show how good you are.

That's the basic idea.

 

You are indeed a pretty bad player (at least you are not deluded, that's a positive thing) and, that said, one of those zombies.

The new MM gave more power and responsibility to the toptiers, as there are only three of them in the standard MM template. Now think about what happens if your team has three of your kind as toptiers. Do you expect the lower tiers to carry you every time?

 

TL;DR: Yes, for yoir personal fate, you are the only one to blame.

 

Pretty much what Jigabachi said. Iam afraid a big part of your "problem" is your performance.



T_H_F #20 Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:50 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 31937 battles
  • 928
  • Member since:
    10-20-2014
You have god advice here already,  i play'ed headless the first 4-5000 battles not know much about the system, crew and battle,,,,take it easy you have around 8000 rounds , u have a lot to learn still, follow the advice here AND use  more time online to watch good players, how do they play, where to go on maps depends on tank type, it will raise you PR in 90 days.....




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users