Swedish tanks

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Thuis001 #1 Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5913 battles
  • [-SBN-] -SBN-

Hello, I would like to know your opinions about the Swedish tanks/TD's. 

Here are my opinions.

Tier I-III, mwah not really worth mentioning you will most likely grind through this easely and is thus not very important.

Tanks:

Lago: no armor, no speed, mediocre gun, and ok gun-depresion, this thing is better then the TD but still, might get a DPM and softstat buff.

Strv m/42, altough it lacks armor and isn't as fast, the top gun is great, altough the reload is plain out dumb, why does this gun that has less damage then the KV-1's have a worse reload?

Strv 74, seems ok to me. 

Leo: DPM of this thing isn't great besides lacking armor.

Emil I: the clip reload is quite long but the turret armor is great, and it is quite mobile.

Emil II: same as above

Kranvagn: same as above

TD's 

Sav m/43: this thing is basicly a completely ruined Hetzer, and I would take the Hetzer over this piece of crap EVERY TIME, it has less reload, less Damage on the 105mm HE shells.

IKV 103: this thing needs to be either replaced or get a better gun. I think an 85mm with good gun stats would work. (adding a second option would be great aswell, alltough give people the option to get that one instead of the IKV 103 if you got the 103 already) 

IKV 65 Alt II: the DPM on this is garbage alltough it isn't as bad. (DPM on all 90mm's on tier VI are bad, especially when compared to the 88's of the German TD's which have a much better DPM and reload)

IKV 90B: great camo and speed. That is all that isn't complete garbage, the DPM is low for a 90mm and the thing has the same reload as the 122mm guns on SU-152 for some reason, pls give this thing a better reload.

UDES 03: this thing has fantastic pen of 288mm, also the 105mm is great eventough the armor will get overmatched by every gun it meets.

Strv 103-0: the guns are great and it is a lot more durable then the UDES thanks to the 40mm of armor.

Strv 103B: altough it is the lowest alpha of it's tier, this thing is great thanks to the great reload and camo helps a lot.

Conclusion: most of the Swedish tech tree needs a DPM buff, the Sav m/43 needs to be made better, the IKV 103 needs a not derp gun or a lot more armor.

I would love to hear your opinions as this is the newest techtree right now so you would say that it would be as great or better then most.

Scabolcz #2 Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13487 battles
I don't think they are underpowered (talking about the medium/heavy line)... I started with the tier 5 Strv m/42, and even although I don't really play mediums, I was really surprised on how easy is to get Ace and 3 marks on it... I guess that people don't know how to abuse that insane gun depression.

For the Heavy line, from what I've seen, it's pretty damn hard to get Ace Tanker on them, the avg exp required is between 1400-1500, so that says something.

MindCrack #3 Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15443 battles
  • [-BZ-] -BZ-

I don't think that the overall Tech tree needs a dpm buff because the TD's have beast DPM in siege and the heavies are auto-loaders.

The tier 4 TD the Sav/43 is a great tank with the 2nd gun, the derp is just garbage so I wouldn't recommend using it.

It has great gun depression, it's not the fastest off tanks but still not slow and occasionally you can pull of some bounces. No need to get buffed

The Ikv 103 is different, it still has about the same mobility as the tier 4, gets more camo and it is smaller but that means less armor.

And the gun is terrible, sometimes you can have great games with it but it's not very often. I would like to see it get a 75mm gun or at least give it non premium HE rounds and the shell velocity improved .

fighting_falcon93 #4 Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:24 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 29732 battles
I don't think they're either UP or OP. Although I wouldn't say no if they would give 103B back the accuracy it had during common test :great:

Nishi_Kinuyo #5 Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:34 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 7455 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Thuis001

Lago: no armor, no speed, mediocre gun, and ok gun-depresion, this thing is better then the TD but still, might get a DPM and softstat buff.

Slightly worse Chi-He in my opinion, but still performs exceedingly well.

Trades the Chi-He's gun depression and DPM for improved mobility though.

Whatever you do; don't use the stock gun with the stock turret.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3213140

Thuis001

Strv m/42, altough it lacks armor and isn't as fast, the top gun is great, altough the reload is plain out dumb, why does this gun that has less damage then the KV-1's have a worse reload?

The Stridsvagn m/42 is, imo, a bit like the Chi-Nu.

Trading DPM and penetration for gun depression and alpha; unreliable gold penetration as well.

As for why it has a slower reload than the KV-1: its a medium tank, it has godlike gundepression and high 7.5cm alpha.

Quite a decent tank I'd say.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3234044

Thuis001

Strv 74, seems ok to me. 

Personally, I couldn't make this tank work as well as I can my Chi-To.

Both tanks may have paper turrets, but at least the Chi-To's doesn't get triple overmatched by everything it encounters.

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 26 June 2017 - 10:35 PM.

Mimos_A #6 Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22118 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

So far I went up to the tier 5 med (got the tier 6 unlocked, but oh the joys of training 6th sense) and the UDES. So far from my experience playing and encountering them they seem fine, neither under or overpowered. Use the long gun on the Sav, it's a lot nicer than the derp.

So far the only one I really really didn't enjoy playing was the Ikv90b... felt like playing a turretless Hellcat a tier higher...

Balc0ra #7 Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:07 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64316 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

I thought their DPM was lacking to. But when you play them. You realize that more DPM would just push them past broken on some of them. But some do need it.

Take the Strv 74. Widely considered the best tier 6 medium around atm by many. DPM is lower them most tier 6's. But with that gun handling vs the Cromwell... more ROF would just make it silly.  Leo do indeed need a buff on the 75mm. As then it's basically a Comet with a dead loader. So I never used that gun on it. I do love it with the 10cm tho.

Or the IKV 65 is a tank I did enjoy. As it's camo and mobility is rather good.  More ROF would just make it a bigger more annoying E25 like thing.

Then you have the IKV 90B... Camo and speed is great on it. But that's about it. That thing really needs a ROF buff. As even turreted 90mm TD's can dish out damage faster then he can. As no one sees him as a threat.

UDES needs a pen buff on the stock gun. Not a ROF buff. Not by much either. Get it past 235 ish and it can work. As the pen as is now is just below the average pain area to not work on half the targets you aim for in terms of RNG.

Zodiac1960s #8 Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37215 battles
  • [VOMIT] VOMIT
Emil and above is the tanks I hate the most to face..

Unforgiving_Destiny #9 Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:45 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 48344 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Yeah sure buff the STRV103B while it has

1-speed

2-gun

3-reload

4-camo

5-armor (yeah it is 40 mm but with that HEAT shield and that angle good luck sniping it with 120mm gun or less)

Edited by Princess_Ema, 27 June 2017 - 10:46 AM.

MR_FIAT #10 Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:19 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18921 battles
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 26 June 2017 - 10:34 PM, said:

Personally, I couldn't make this tank work as well as I can my Chi-To.

Both tanks may have paper turrets, but at least the Chi-To's doesn't get triple overmatched by everything it encounters.

Strv 74 is just objectively far superior thanks to its godlike gunhandling and - 15 gun dep, has more alpha and is cosiderably more nimble too. personally i find the chi-to a exercise in frustration due to its HT mobility. 

only real advantage the chi-to has over strv is dpm. 

Mimos_A #11 Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:30 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22118 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostBalc0ra, on 27 June 2017 - 12:07 AM, said:

Then you have the IKV 90B... Camo and speed is great on it. But that's about it. That thing really needs a ROF buff. As even turreted 90mm TD's can dish out damage faster then he can. As no one sees him as a threat.

I'd prefer a bit more accuracy over dpm. While the dpm is a bit lackluster, I'm more frustrated by the long reload, crap aim time and then your shot just derps all over the place... The accuracy is just not good enough for that alpha on a paper non-turreted platform, I'm fine with that dpm if at least your shells hit.

Hedgehog1963 #12 Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:53 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50864 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

Tier VI premium is OK.  I'm at Leo and I think it is garbage.

UDES is situationally powerful but I lack the patience to play turretless TD's like that well.

Stohne #13 Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28023 battles

Grinding Leo.

Definitely very painful.

It has no purpose but to be cannon fodder for higher tiers.

AtomkickShinoski #14 Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:32 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6576 battles
I first got my hands on Strv S1 and it wasn't that difficult to play with siege mode. I skipped all the way up to UDES using free XP and imo tier 8-10 don't need any nerfs or buffs. They're good at what they are and that is long range.

Edited by AtomkickShinoski, 06 October 2017 - 12:32 AM.

Also tagged with Swedish tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users