Jump to content


The problem with Ranked system: champion-loosers


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

Argedeava #1 Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:34 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 30630 battles
  • 512
  • [GN-R] GN-R
  • Member since:
    10-02-2013
The problem with the Ranked battles system is that it rewards solo//selfish play in a team. Leading to a gamplay experience even it`s champions dispize. Now i really can`t know if this is intended to be so or not. If it`s intended...no problem, it works perfectly. Except for arty players which may experience long queque times.

Edited by Argedeava, 27 June 2017 - 10:10 AM.


gpalsson #2 Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:44 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 22134 battles
  • 8,117
  • Member since:
    04-13-2013
That's probably the first time anyone has mentioned this on the forum

blickoo #3 Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:38 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 54475 battles
  • 102
  • Member since:
    06-24-2011

View PostArgedeava, on 27 June 2017 - 07:34 AM, said:

The problem with the Ranked battles system is that it rewards solo//selfish play in a team. Leading to a gamplay experience even it`s champions dispize. Now i really can`t know if this is intended to be so or not. If it`s intended...no problem, it works perfectly. Except for arty players which may experience long queque times.

 

I don't understand why arty is even active in this mode, surely ranked battles should be based on the skill of individual tankers and not just because arty targets you and reduces your HP to where even the dumbest git only has to bump you to get a kill.

 



qpranger #4 Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:44 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 32512 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View Postblickoo, on 27 June 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

 

I don't understand why arty is even active in this mode...

 

 

I do. It is likely to stay alive for longer than frontline tanks, hence more likely to inflict more combined damage/assist/stun and end up in the top 3 on the losing team. And of course it will in most cases be in the top 12 on the winning team. Easy-peasy. 



Masternaut #5 Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:44 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23594 battles
  • 631
  • [HSOP] HSOP
  • Member since:
    09-21-2012

View Postblickoo, on 27 June 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

 

I don't understand why arty is even active in this mode, surely ranked battles should be based on the skill of individual tankers and not just because arty targets you and reduces your HP to where even the dumbest git only has to bump you to get a kill.

 

 

I dont understand why fuckarty is in the game at the first place

Jigabachi #6 Posted 27 June 2017 - 03:05 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17927 battles
  • 19,072
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostMasternaut, on 27 June 2017 - 01:44 PM, said:

I dont understand why arty is in the game at the first place

Probably to annoy all the spoiled brats who ten go all puberty on the forums.



weetniet_ #7 Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:56 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 44890 battles
  • 28
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

lose the 3 chevrons on losing team it brakes the game every rime 50 - 60 % of team is camping it out, make it so that losing tea, is of all losing the chevron or that losing side doen t lose it. Now it is a great camp fest and even how hard you try to get in front to do dmg/spot because of camping tanks you lose and lose

 



Corruption_Clan #8 Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:49 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 46045 battles
  • 724
  • Member since:
    11-19-2012

played like 4 games yesterday..  got team killed by some *edited* twice for no apparent reason

 

I stopped playing after that


Edited by Jbnn, 28 June 2017 - 07:49 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to shaming


Hedgehog1963 #9 Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:12 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 51286 battles
  • 7,475
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View PostCorruption_Clan, on 27 June 2017 - 07:49 PM, said:

played like 4 games yesterday..  got team killed by some *edited* twice for no apparent reason

 

I stopped playing after that

 

I'm pretty sure I know why they TK'd you.

Ixis70 #10 Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:55 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 39895 battles
  • 10
  • [T-S_K] T-S_K
  • Member since:
    08-20-2016
I'm done with ranked battles until they remove arty or limit it to just 1 per team, the problem is that 70% of teir 10 arty players are in the french auto-loader so its not uncommon to see 2 or 3 on the opposite team and if you're playing a big heavy or TD and get singled out by their clickers thats it, your game is over, its rediculous. I have zero interest in being a test dummy for WG and giving up my time just to have some gutless little jerk sat on the far side of the map wrecking my tank and being top of the damage table at the end of the game. Also the match maker sucks, there is no balance in the number of heavies to mediums, I've had matches where 1 team didn't have any heavies at all and the other team has 8 or 9. The other thing I hate is the bloody camping that goes on by players who wait until the end of the game to pick up some easy kills and damage, thus putting them in the top 3 on a losing team, its pathetic and WG should go out of their way to put a stop to it because until they do I really can't be bothered to waste my time on a totally broken game mode

Corruption_Clan #11 Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:09 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 46045 battles
  • 724
  • Member since:
    11-19-2012

View PostHedgehog1963, on 27 June 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

 

I'm pretty sure I know why they TK'd you.

 

Why?

 

I iz innocent!!



Hedgehog1963 #12 Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:22 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 51286 battles
  • 7,475
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View PostCorruption_Clan, on 28 June 2017 - 04:09 PM, said:

 

Why?

 

I iz innocent!!

 

If you're prepared to bandy around bigotry on the forum you'll do it in the in-game chat. You deserve all you get.

Corruption_Clan #13 Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:07 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 46045 battles
  • 724
  • Member since:
    11-19-2012

View PostHedgehog1963, on 28 June 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

 

If you're prepared to bandy around bigotry on the forum you'll do it in the in-game chat. You deserve all you get.

 

The guy was legit a Polak...

 

Unsure why u throwing this bigotry thing about and how come my post got edited for saying "POLAK" - Aka someone from Poland



unhappy_bunny #14 Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:45 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 18161 battles
  • 2,690
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View PostCorruption_Clan, on 29 June 2017 - 05:07 PM, said:

 

The guy was legit a Polak...

 

Unsure why u throwing this bigotry thing about and how come my post got edited for saying "POLAK" - Aka someone from Poland

 

I just had a look on a Polish forum, nothing to do with WoT, but a genuine Polish community forum.

Apparently that word is used by Poles in their own language, but when used by English speakers, in English, it is seen as derogatory and insulting. To be honest, I read your post and thought you were being derogatory from the way you phrased it.

Besides, how do you know it was male? Could have been a female in which case the word is Polka. 



Corruption_Clan #15 Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:46 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 46045 battles
  • 724
  • Member since:
    11-19-2012

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 29 June 2017 - 04:45 PM, said:

 

I just had a look on a Polish forum, nothing to do with WoT, but a genuine Polish community forum.

Apparently that word is used by Poles in their own language, but when used by English speakers, in English, it is seen as derogatory and insulting. To be honest, I read your post and thought you were being derogatory from the way you phrased it.

Besides, how do you know it was male? Could have been a female in which case the word is Polka. 

 

WIKIPEDIA NEVER LIES!!!!

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polak

 

And then there is this

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polack

 


Hedgehog1963 #16 Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:47 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 51286 battles
  • 7,475
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View PostCorruption_Clan, on 29 June 2017 - 04:07 PM, said:

 

The guy was legit a Polak...

 

Unsure why u throwing this bigotry thing about and how come my post got edited for saying "POLAK" - Aka someone from Poland

 

Derogatory... bigatory.  Why not say "Polish?"

 



Corruption_Clan #17 Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:54 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 46045 battles
  • 724
  • Member since:
    11-19-2012

View PostHedgehog1963, on 29 June 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

 

Derogatory... bigatory.  Why not say "Polish?"

 

 

Because

 

Polak is the Polish noun for a Pole

 

I will also paste the definition according to google for noun

noun
naʊn/
noun
Grammar
noun: noun; plural noun: nouns

a word (other than a pronoun) used to identify any of a class of people, places, or things



Hedgehog1963 #18 Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:01 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 51286 battles
  • 7,475
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View PostCorruption_Clan, on 29 June 2017 - 05:54 PM, said:

 

Because

 

Polak is the Polish noun for a Pole

 

I will also paste the definition according to google for noun

noun
naʊn/
noun
Grammar
noun: noun; plural noun: nouns

a word (other than a pronoun) used to identify any of a class of people, places, or things

 

But when used by someone who isn't Polish.... derogatory.

 

And you know I'm right otherwise you'd have called them "Polish."



Corruption_Clan #19 Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:25 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 46045 battles
  • 724
  • Member since:
    11-19-2012

View PostHedgehog1963, on 29 June 2017 - 07:01 PM, said:

 

But when used by someone who isn't Polish.... derogatory.

 

And you know I'm right otherwise you'd have called them "Polish."

 

No Polish is the language....

 

Im calling them a Polak aka a guy from Poland


Edited by Corruption_Clan, 29 June 2017 - 08:25 PM.


Wintermute_1 #20 Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:59 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 44227 battles
  • 1,581
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013

View PostCorruption_Clan, on 29 June 2017 - 08:25 PM, said:

 

No Polish is the language....

 

Im calling them a Polak aka a guy from Poland

 

​In English a Polish person is a Pole. So you speak Polish then?




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users