[Sggestion] New Japanese Prem med tank

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Alpha_snake #1 Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6082 battles
  • [USAFC] USAFC

We all know about the Chinese and Japanese Chi-ha's already in game, but not all of the chi-ha variants are actually in the game yet, I did find one that could be a decent premium vehicle. The Shinhoto 120mm Chi-ha

https://upload.wikim...hi-Ha_120mm.jpg

The Tank should be fairly easy to balance, the 120mm gun is essentially the same 120mm short-barreled gun on some of the Japanese heavy tanks. To compensate for the guns high-alpha, you can  give the tank a low ammo count and a slower reload. Could make for a decent upper-low to mid-tier perm tank. maybe tier 4 to tier 6 range might actually be good enough for the tank.

AliceUnchained #2 Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:52 PM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostAlpha_snake, on 27 June 2017 - 09:47 PM, said:

To compensate for the guns high-alpha, you can  give the tank a low ammo count and a slower reload. 

How on earth would low ammo count balance high damage? Do you really think that opponent who just got one-shot derped will rejoice knowing that 10 or 15 shots from now that Shinhoto will be out of ammo? At low and mid Tiers derp guns are nigh impossible to balance; they either fail to do any real damage, or they one shot vehicles. 

Alpha_snake #3 Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6082 battles
  • [USAFC] USAFC

View PostAliceUnchained, on 27 June 2017 - 08:52 PM, said:

How on earth would low ammo count balance high damage? Do you really think that opponent who just got one-shot derped will rejoice knowing that 10 or 15 shots from now that Shinhoto will be out of ammo? At low and mid Tiers derp guns are nigh impossible to balance; they either fail to do any real damage, or they one shot vehicles. 

Well, Anothe thing you can do is give the gun a high aim time, keeping in mind that this tank's 120mm howitzer=/= the 150mm found on the O-I and later vehicles. It is actually the same 120mm gun found on the O-I Exp. a Tier 5 vehicle. Meaning it only has 60mm pen with both HEAT and AP shells, about over 100mm pen with APCR Shells. Tier 4's would very likely either get one-shotted or barely survive, vs tie 5,6 and 7 vehicles the low pen with normal ammo actually works against the Shinhoto. Keep in mind when I said upper-low tier I meant tier 4 vehicles. Certain vehicle(such as the B1 and Pz.B2) would survived but Tier 4 LT's would very likely get one shotted.

AliceUnchained #4 Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:05 AM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostAlpha_snake, on 27 June 2017 - 10:05 PM, said:

Well, Anothe thing you can do is give the gun a high aim time, keeping in mind that this tank's 120mm howitzer=/= the 150mm found on the O-I and later vehicles. It is actually the same 120mm gun found on the O-I Exp. a Tier 5 vehicle. Meaning it only has 60mm pen with both HEAT and AP shells, about over 100mm pen with APCR Shells. Tier 4's would very likely either get one-shotted or barely survive, vs tie 5,6 and 7 vehicles the low pen with normal ammo actually works against the Shinhoto. Keep in mind when I said upper-low tier I meant tier 4 vehicles. Certain vehicle(such as the B1 and Pz.B2) would survived but Tier 4 LT's would very likely get one shotted.

Your numbers are off by quite a margin, and the 12 cm does not have APCR rounds: It has 60 mm of penetration for AP and HE, and 140 mm for the premium HEAT rounds. For the rest you basically confirm what I've just stated, in that such guns are a pain (if not impossible) to balance. You either one shot (lower Tier) stuff, or fail to do much. One shot ability (barring ammo rack detonations obviously) is never good.

I did some checking btw, and the Type 97 ShinHoTo Chi-Ha already is in the game, at Tier III: the regular version comes with the improved turret as turret module upgrade and the Type 1 47 mm gun module as well. The 12 cm was just a variation with different armament.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users