WoT Tankfest Q&A - WG balance don't work.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Balance tanks armor around normal and premium ammo (18 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should WG balance tank armor to have weakspot and strong points vs premium and normal ammo?

1. Yes (12 votes [66.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. No (6 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Hide poll

ares354 #1 Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:50 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 73803 battles
https://thearmoredpa...-qa-27-06-2017/

In here dev talks about Op premium and nerf to Maus and Type 5 coz tanks are overbuffed. Yes those tanks are overbuffed to NORMAL AMMO, AP, or APCR, but not for premium ammo. Who really care if Maus has 260 mm armor, when angled I pen with E5 on HEAT, if I dont hit side plate buf frontal. 

Why WG balance team simply don't say they don't give a [edited]about those tanks. Premium ammo rapes Type 5 or Maus. Type 5 is worse coz he has derp gun, but Maus is crap if enemy spam premium ammo. 

Nerfing those tanks wont change crap, what WG will do is to buff IS 7 to be best HT on tier 10. Type 5 will be usefull as long as gold derp will be on him, after removal of derp Type 5 will die as well. 

What WG don't wish to do is to BALANCE tanks to be effective no matter what kind of ammo enemy shoot. IS7, E5 is good example. You can pen their weakspot with normal ammo, but some part of tanks cant be pen by most gold ammo. Type 5 and Maus don't have this. 

R.I.P Maus, You will live shorter life then E5, not year in "OP" state. You armor mean nothing if enemy tanks use premium ammo, Murazor don't wonna see this. Or not, WG see this, and don't give a [edited]. 

What most players wish to have is balance to premium ammo, changes in RNG. This we can't get from WG, so we can see WG don't care about us, players. For 100% Im sure, many player from Wot could do better job at balacning tanks then Murazor team is doing right now, and that is fact WG.  

fighting_falcon93 #2 Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:52 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 31233 battles

I'd rather see that they put some effort into making better maps where we can flank instead of clicking on weakspots :)

ares354 #3 Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:55 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 73803 battles

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 28 June 2017 - 12:52 AM, said:

I'd rather see that they put some effort into making better maps where we can flank instead of clicking on weakspots :)

They are working on HD maps, you see. I don't know, big company as WG has 5 guys working on maps. 

Shivva #4 Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:59 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29800 battles
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G

View Postares354, on 27 June 2017 - 11:50 PM, said:

https://thearmoredpa...-qa-27-06-2017/

In here dev talks about Op premium and nerf to Maus and Type 5 coz tanks are overbuffed. Yes those tanks are overbuffed to NORMAL AMMO, AP, or APCR, but not for premium ammo. Who really care if Maus has 260 mm armor, when angled I pen with E5 on HEAT, if I dont hit side plate buf frontal. 

Why WG balance team simply don't say they don't give a [edited]about those tanks. Premium ammo rapes Type 5 or Maus. Type 5 is worse coz he has derp gun, but Maus is crap if enemy spam premium ammo. 

Nerfing those tanks wont change crap, what WG will do is to buff IS 7 to be best HT on tier 10. Type 5 will be usefull as long as gold derp will be on him, after removal of derp Type 5 will die as well. 

What WG don't wish to do is to BALANCE tanks to be effective no matter what kind of ammo enemy shoot. IS7, E5 is good example. You can pen their weakspot with normal ammo, but some part of tanks cant be pen by most gold ammo. Type 5 and Maus don't have this. 

R.I.P Maus, You will live shorter life then E5, not year in "OP" state. You armor mean nothing if enemy tanks use premium ammo, Murazor don't wonna see this. Or not, WG see this, and don't give a [edited]. 

What most players wish to have is balance to premium ammo, changes in RNG. This we can't get from WG, so we can see WG don't care about us, players. For 100% Im sure, many player from Wot could do better job at balacning tanks then Murazor team is doing right now, and that is fact WG.  

Well since you say it's a fact I guess it must be a fact....right?...

fighting_falcon93 #5 Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:33 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 31233 battles

View Postares354, on 28 June 2017 - 12:55 AM, said:

They are working on HD maps, you see. I don't know, big company as WG has 5 guys working on maps. 

That's the funny part. They're reworking the badly designed corridor maps into HD quality :D

Feels like it would have made more sense to first make a few good maps and then turn them into HD...

brumbarr #6 Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:45 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
Today i tried shooting a maus in the side with prem ammo from a skorpion, bounced 4 times. Balanced tank, flank they say...

fighting_falcon93 #7 Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:06 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 31233 battles

View Postbrumbarr, on 28 June 2017 - 01:45 AM, said:

Today i tried shooting a maus in the side with prem ammo from a skorpion, bounced 4 times. Balanced tank, flank they say...

That's exactly the problem today. They put weakspots on the front of heavies, so that you can pen them frontally. But when you actually do it the proper way and flank them, they have so thick side armor that it's enough for them to be angeled like 5-10 degrees in order to bounce. Maus and Type 5 is OP, so I'm going to use the IS-4 as an example instead. The turret roof is a weakspot which you can shoot from the front, but when flanking it, it has enough side armor to bounce even when it's slightly angeled. I'm mot blaming the IS-4s side armor specifically as that's what's cool about that tank, but rather the turret weakspot :)

adameitas #8 Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 63314 battles
i couldnt believe when i read that Q/A.. First. one of questions: "people are liking new mm".. wtf in what f... universe? Second. Annswer: "arty and mm were huge problems and we managed to solve it both in same patch"! wtf are they seriuosly??? they are stating that mm atm is close to perfect.. That is just.. ok i agree before 9.18 mm sometimes really pissed of but atleast you knew that there will be top tier games where you will manage to have some fun.. all in all i had no problems with mm.. after 9.18 mm was lets say interesting first of all i didnt like it then i started to used to it (all those one tier games) and then BAM  we get 9.19 in like a month or 2.. wtf.. really u made huge changes in game (ppl were asking it for years) and suddenly u change it again. .why not to give some time to "collect data" as u say.. you needed years to buff maus or try to balance arty but u managed to change mm in month.. again.. Atm t8 mm (main game tier) is compltely broken.. yesterday i finallty got my first t8 top tier (one tier) game in my t8 prems in whole week.. played about 25-30 games.. All in all i have no problems to be bottom tier in my t44-100 but only till i am sure that atleast every 3rd game i will be top tier.. I fu cant give it to us then what is point of -/+ 2 tier mm..

AvengerOrion #9 Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26005 battles

View Postadameitas, on 28 June 2017 - 08:55 AM, said:

i couldnt believe when i read that Q/A.. First. one of questions: "people are liking new mm".. wtf in what f... universe? ...

In the universe where the questions and answers were made up by the same guy.

Good old propaganda style. :rolleyes:

Long_Range_Sniper #10 Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:15 AM

General

• Player
  • 32652 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postares354, on 27 June 2017 - 11:55 PM, said:

The only hope I've got is the reason they're doing this is because their new client can't cope with rendering two sorts of maps. So they need the old maps into HD first, before introducing new HD maps.

I live in hope...

wolfman292 #11 Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:01 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22563 battles

Very much like the last Q&A that was done just a bunch of covered up lies to supposedly keep us all happy and still playing tanks. Problem being that over the last couple of years so many players have left they now have to use more and more bots to make up the teams.

WG have dug a hole for themselves which they may never get out of. Far too many updates far to quickly without sufficient time to really test them and when they get it wrong it takes to long to rectify the problems that they have caused.

PauI #12 Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:59 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25734 battles

View PostAvengerOrion, on 28 June 2017 - 09:01 AM, said:

In the universe where the questions and answers were made up by the same guy.

Good old propaganda style. :rolleyes:

My exact dame thought when i ve read the article.

Now more.vodka.for the bolshevik comrades pls

THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #13 Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9513 battles
wake up paul............... Bolsheviks LOL, multimillion pound company and one braindead says Bolsheviks LOL, its not collective farming or killing the Tsar here is it, google capitalism and Bolshevik and come back here, and write the correct reply, why the company is in Cyprus, ffs lol...BTW its same thought not Dame. Are you a Bolshevik ????? lol.

Edited by MOSSAD_WATCHING, 28 June 2017 - 01:11 PM.

Noo_Noo #14 Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:17 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 21651 battles

Denial pure and simple. :facepalm:

Nothing wrong here. Nothing to see. No problems. 

PauI #15 Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25734 battles

View PostMOSSAD_WATCHING, on 28 June 2017 - 12:10 PM, said:

wake up paul............... Bolsheviks LOL, multimillion pound company and one braindead says Bolsheviks LOL, its not collective farming or killing the Tsar here is it, google capitalism and Bolshevik and come back here, and write the correct reply, why the company is in Cyprus, ffs lol...BTW its same thought not Dame. Are you a Bolshevik ????? lol.

Amazing how narrow can one be lacking even the shadow of a brain...maybe you got to your age assisted. Of course they are not your traditional bolsheviks....they have evolved but they keep the boshevik geens....As for you i wish you all the best and employ one more to assist you to "translate" the meaning behind words

Be well

Edited by PauI, 28 June 2017 - 01:57 PM.

Bucifel #16 Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31003 battles
  • [B4DD] B4DD

Should WG balance tank armor to have weakspot and strong points vs premium and normal ammo?

No

because thats a contradiction :)

cant be weapoints and strongpoints vs standard AND premium ammo too, in same time.

what is strongpoint for standard ammo is weakpoint for gold and what is strong even for gold is impossible for standard and what is weak for standard ammo is irrelevant for gold.

simply and not possible.

all what they must do is to REBALANCE gold ammo (or simply remove it / make it standard ammo ) AND ADD WEAKPOINTS RELEVANT FOR STANDARD AMMO !

balance between armor and ammo MUST be reworked around STANDARD ammo and gold ammo must simply be REBALANCED. (like less damage with higher penetration , same values procentual)

Edited by Bucifel, 28 June 2017 - 01:41 PM.

Balc0ra #17 Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66298 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
I mean this is the same guy thought that changing Missions to kill/damage/spot 3 SPG's was not needed. Since a reduction from 25% to 10% of the games that has 3 SPG's in them is still "good enough" for it.

Noo_Noo #18 Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:35 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 21651 battles
The skeptic in me says that if MM is working as intended then they have deliberately rendered most tier 8 tanks useless so that the only way to play there is to buy one of their "strong" premium tanks and spam gold ammo. 

DracheimFlug #19 Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:39 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View PostPauI, on 28 June 2017 - 01:34 PM, said:

Amazing how narrow can one be lacking even the shadow of a brain...maybe you got to your age assisted. Of course they are not your traditional bolsheviks....they have evolved but they keep the boshevik geens....As for you i wish you all the best and employ one more to assist you to "translate" the meaning behind words

Be well

'Geens?' Gee willikers I think you might be on to something! Or on something! Or something! :amazed:

tajj7 #20 Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25443 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I find it hilarious people claim the Maus is useless against premium ammo, it's just a flat out lie.

It used to be the tank that saw the most premium ammo shot at it and it still bounced over 50% of shots at it, I can only imagine the buffs have meant more people shoot premium ammo at it (as they should because it;s broken OP) and yet it now bounces like 55% of shots against it and has 3200 HP with 3k DPM if you max it out. 

Like seriously the Maus doesn't give an F about premium ammo, it'll still bounce it, it'll even bounce premium rounds on it's flat sides and mean time with it's 490 alpha, 3k DPM and medium tank gun handling it'll murder most of what it faces before they chew through your 3k HP.

Maus armour was never it's problem, the tank mainly wasn't well liked because it was slow, the gun was bad and if one appeared on a map it was the number one target for arty.  It didn't really need any buffs, they should have waited until the arty changes and then saw how it performed, but they clearly over buffed it so people would grind it.

They are doing the same to the AMX 30B by the looks of things, and they did the same to the Type 5, overbuffing unpopular tanks to OP levels so people grind them. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users