• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Nallic #1 Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14463 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Hey,

Is there any "ingame" benefit to adding this authenticator? Pretty much every other online game offering this service will encourage its use by offering a reward. I'm thinking of pets or 'gold' currency and publishers such as EA, Blizzard, etc. 

I couldn't find any mention of this any where else. Is there any reason for me to swap over from my current security setup and use the Wargaming authenticator over the Google one (or no authenticator for that matter)?

On a side note, what's ya'll opinion on adding this feature? Did you already use the Google one before?

In case you've not heard about this before: LINK

dennez #2 Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:08 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 17281 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNallic, on 28 June 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

Hey,

Is there any "ingame" benefit to adding this authenticator? Pretty much every other online game offering this service will encourage its use by offering a reward. I'm thinking of pets or 'gold' currency and publishers such as EA, Blizzard, etc. 

I couldn't find any mention of this any where else. Is there any reason for me to swap over from my current security setup and use the Wargaming authenticator over the Google one (or no authenticator for that matter)?

On a side note, what's ya'll opinion on adding this feature? Did you already use the Google one before?

In case you've not heard about this before: LINK

Its just 2FA for your OWN benefit/added security.. Why would they encourage the use by providing gold? Isnt it in your own interest to keep your account safe?

Also you can sync it to  the Google or Microsodft ones just as well, they're all TOTP based.

eldrak #3 Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47335 battles
  • [NE-VO] NE-VO

View Postdennez, on 28 June 2017 - 08:08 AM, said:

Its just 2FA for your OWN benefit/added security.. Why would they encourage the use by providing gold? Isnt it in your own interest to keep your account safe?

Also you can sync it to  the Google or Microsodft ones just as well, they're all TOTP based.

Why? Because if accounts are more secure the WG staff have to deal with less people who get their accounts into trouble. So they can then fire a couple of underpaid customer service ppl in Paris.

For example they've given you 300 gold for changing password.

Edited by eldrak, 28 June 2017 - 09:33 AM.

Laiskamato #4 Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45865 battles
  • [KYS] KYS
I do find it interesting how i hear about this from Ritas report and not from WG by email or any other option they have.

WotPizza #5 Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:10 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24361 battles
  • [P1XEL] P1XEL
What are you talking about?

Enforcer1975 #6 Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:47 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostLaiskamato, on 28 June 2017 - 10:09 AM, said:

I do find it interesting how i hear about this from Ritas report and not from WG by email or any other option they have.

Do you want to be spoon fed with everything? Security is mainly the responsibility of the user. WG can only provide you with the tools. Ofc they can tell you they have a tool / way to secure your account iirc that's how i found out about the extra layer of protection but the user should be looking himself too and not push everything on other people. Who told Rita? If it wasn't her who told her and who told the person who told her? If you trace it back you will most likely find a person who found the option on the homepage...

Edited by Enforcer1975, 28 June 2017 - 10:48 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users