Question regarding module damage / Crew injury.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Rockomax #1 Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20082 battles

Recently I have come back to playing World of Tanks and apart from obvious tier and matchmaking changes, I wonder if someone could fill me in on the changes made to damaging/destroying modules and crew injuries.

It looks like damage and inury occur more often and at random, which may have to do with the repair kits having cooldowns now.

To me it seems to be a whole lot of RnG, without any common sense. Getting a damaged engine and at the same time your driver taken out seems like the game just picking at random.

Another example I had today was shooting a T-54 in the front right tracks, doing damage and setting his engine on fire. I am quite sure the engine is in the back and not near the right front.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62806 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Not that I recall.

You gotta remember you might be facing different guns vs before when you played last, as each gun has it's own set of damage vs modules, as they do damage vs armor. Some tanks have just more open to module damage then others. Take the Bulldog or the IS-3 that is a wandering ammo rack. Or the Swedish tier 8 TD that gets the engine taken out and on fire if you take one in the lower plate rather often.

That and arty has changed a bit. Some of them have a bigger splash radius. So thus they can easier inflict more module damage at times vs before.

brumbarr #3 Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:15 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRockomax, on 28 June 2017 - 01:01 PM, said:

Recently I have come back to playing World of Tanks and apart from obvious tier and matchmaking changes, I wonder if someone could fill me in on the changes made to damaging/destroying modules and crew injuries.

It looks like damage and inury occur more often and at random, which may have to do with the repair kits having cooldowns now.

To me it seems to be a whole lot of RnG, without any common sense. Getting a damaged engine and at the same time your driver taken out seems like the game just picking at random.

Another example I had today was shooting a T-54 in the front right tracks, doing damage and setting his engine on fire. I am quite sure the engine is in the back and not near the right front.

T54 fuel tanks are in the front.

Rockomax #4 Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20082 battles
I understand that tanks have their weak points, but it seems that module damage or crew injury happens more often. Am I mistaken?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users