Jump to content


Pay to Grind QB video


  • Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

_snowfIake__ #1 Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:20 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26580 battles
  • 634
  • Member since:
    08-16-2012

I read the earlier post about pay-to-grind and thought the OP was talking out of his behind. But now I have watched the video I have to say he might be right. Was gonna make a post there but Stalin closed the thread so opened a new one.

 

That E4 clearly has unicum level skills and game knowledge. Better than mine by a long margin. And yet even without treating this game seriously I have 53% (or is it 54%? can't remember) WR. No way that guy with such skill has 49% WR.

 

Is there really such a thing as pay-to-grind? It could be that dad lets his son play on the account and hence the low WR.



Kozzy #2 Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:32 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 38794 battles
  • 2,683
  • [EAB2] EAB2
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011
Which part looked like he employed uber-skills?  I've seen it and it just looks like a case of the enemy team driving face first into a blender.  The stars aligned a little for this guy and a bunch of people using sheep mentality failed en masse.

brumbarr #3 Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:33 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,326
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View Post__stupids_____, on 28 June 2017 - 04:20 PM, said:

I read the earlier post about pay-to-grind and thought the OP was talking out of his behind. But now I have watched the video I have to say he might be right. Was gonna make a post there but Stalin closed the thread so opened a new one.

 

That E4 clearly has unicum level skills and game knowledge. Better than mine by a long margin. And yet even without treating this game seriously I have 53% (or is it 54%? can't remember) WR. No way that guy with such skill has 49% WR.

 

Is there really such a thing as pay-to-grind? It could be that dad lets his son play on the account and hence the low WR.

 

That player does NOT have unicum skill level, he got lucky with the timing of the enemys. You can look at his recens stats and see he really isnt good. Dunno how you come to the conclusion he is such a good player?

Shivva #4 Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:44 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29397 battles
  • 1,942
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G
  • Member since:
    05-20-2012

View Postbrumbarr, on 28 June 2017 - 03:33 PM, said:

 

That player does NOT have unicum skill level, he got lucky with the timing of the enemys. You can look at his recens stats and see he really isnt good. Dunno how you come to the conclusion he is such a good player?

 

Someone posted earlier something about unicum players grinding tomato accounts and the OP here has just jumped on the wagon.

Solexi #5 Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:53 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 33227 battles
  • 557
  • Member since:
    12-06-2010
Every time he drove out of cover in a way that completely exposed his side armour, I cringed.

_snowfIake__ #6 Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:55 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26580 battles
  • 634
  • Member since:
    08-16-2012

View Postbrumbarr, on 28 June 2017 - 03:33 PM, said:

 

Dunno how you come to the conclusion he is such a good player?

 

The way he aims and where he aims, his map awareness, clearly way above average joe in this game and miles beyond a usual 49% player.
 

View PostSolexi, on 28 June 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

Every time he drove out of cover in a way that completely exposed his side armour, I cringed.

 

When no one was aiming at him?
 

Press2ForSkill #7 Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:56 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14778 battles
  • 689
  • Member since:
    06-01-2016
The OP's name really does say it all.

Element6_TheSprout #8 Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:01 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28962 battles
  • 10,255
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-06-2013
I wonder if I would have been seen as a unicum if I still had the replay where I managed 2523 base XP. I don't even remember the battle, but I guess people would have found lots of noobie mistakes in in. The stars simply aligned for me that day, no question about it.

Solexi #9 Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:14 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 33227 battles
  • 557
  • Member since:
    12-06-2010

View Post__stupids_____, on 28 June 2017 - 03:55 PM, said:

When no one was aiming at him?

 

Yes, even when you *think* nobody is aiming at you. Point is, this guy didn't sidescrape.



trispect #10 Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:32 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 33229 battles
  • 1,764
  • [HSOP] HSOP
  • Member since:
    01-16-2011

View Postbrumbarr, on 28 June 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

 

That player does NOT have unicum skill level, he got lucky with the timing of the enemys. You can look at his recens stats and see he really isnt good. Dunno how you come to the conclusion he is such a good player?

 

Yep, he has gotten lucky lots of times in E4. 48% WR player casually doing 3600DPG over 60 games with T110E4.:D Sounds legit. Check also his Swedish heavy line stats. 

 

Capture61.JPG

 

 

 

 

 



Cobra6 #11 Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:01 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16314 battles
  • 15,296
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

I have an alternate which is quite crappy since I play only arty and derp tanks on it. If you attack me on it though I'll still give you a damn good fight :)

 

Since WG allowed multiple accounts per person re-rolls of any kind have become completely useless as a measurement. Truly good players are good with craptanks as well, not just the good ones.

 

Cobra 6


Edited by Cobra6, 28 June 2017 - 06:02 PM.


Kaltroh #12 Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:33 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 46721 battles
  • 235
  • Member since:
    05-30-2015

View Postbrumbarr, on 28 June 2017 - 06:33 PM, said:

 

That player does NOT have unicum skill level, he got lucky with the timing of the enemys. You can look at his recens stats and see he really isnt good. Dunno how you come to the conclusion he is such a good player?

 

Do not worry, peasants will not worship him instead of you..

 

What should he do better to perfom  stadpadd.. unicum level game? How would you do better?

 

Believe it or not, sometimes ordinary people can achieve extraordinary results with exceptional performances at many many areas.



Schmeksiman #13 Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:40 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 16275 battles
  • 6,601
  • [INC] INC
  • Member since:
    03-10-2012

View PostKaltroh, on 28 June 2017 - 06:33 PM, said:

Believe it or not, sometimes ordinary people can achieve extraordinary results with exceptional performances at many many areas.

 

60 something games is too big of a sample size for that to happen, we're talking about minor difference between tanks and not different areas. 
Here's an example, none of your tanks show such huge variation: https://en.wot-life.com/eu/player/Kaltroh/

Neither do mine: https://en.wot-life.com/eu/player/Schmeksiman-502687263

 

At best you can tell which tanks I've play more recent as they have higher average WN8.



Slyspy #14 Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:47 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 14186 battles
  • 16,480
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View PostSchmeksiman, on 28 June 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

 

60 something games is too big of a sample size for that to happen, we're talking about minor difference between tanks and not different areas. 
Here's an example, none of your tanks show such huge variation: https://en.wot-life.com/eu/player/Kaltroh/

Neither do mine: https://en.wot-life.com/eu/player/Schmeksiman-502687263

 

At best you can tell which tanks I've play more recent as they have higher average WN8.

 

Mine do. Pershing: 43%. KR: 50%. T44: 42%. Object 416: 64%. The last three all have small sample sizes (50 games of fewer) while the latter I played, enjoyed but never really got going in for a nearly 300 games back in the day. For reference with over 100 games my CDC WR, more recent than the Pershing, is 56%. In conclusion, 60 games is too small of a sample.

trispect #15 Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:53 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 33229 battles
  • 1,764
  • [HSOP] HSOP
  • Member since:
    01-16-2011

View PostSlyspy, on 28 June 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

 

Mine do. Pershing: 43%. KR: 50%. T44: 42%. Object 416: 64%. The last three all have small sample sizes (50 games of fewer) while the latter I played, enjoyed but never really got going in for a nearly 300 games back in the day. For reference with over 100 games my CDC WR, more recent than the Pershing, is 56%. In conclusion, 60 games is too small of a sample.

 

For win ratio yes, but not for DpB and WN8. There is absolutely no doubt that that account have been played at least two different players.

tajj7 #16 Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:00 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 24763 battles
  • 13,836
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

There is no way a guy can literally go from 3.6k damage and like nearly 4k wn8 on the T110E4/Swedish heavy tank line to suddenly doing 2k damage and like 1200 wn8 on the Obj. 260 (which is a better tank as well).

 

WRs can fluctuate a bit over even 100 games but still, that players E4s stats and Swedish heavy line stats stick out like a sore thumb, he's literally in 1000s and 1000s of games not been able to replicate close to that on any tank. 



8126Jakobsson #17 Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:14 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 61991 battles
  • 2,937
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostElement6_TheSprout, on 28 June 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

I wonder if I would have been seen as a unicum if I still had the replay where I managed 2523 base XP. I don't even remember the battle, but I guess people would have found lots of noobie mistakes in in. The stars simply aligned for me that day, no question about it.

 

Hold up. 2523 base?! That's so insanely high that I'm getting triggered and have to call bs. 

Element6_TheSprout #18 Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:35 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28962 battles
  • 10,255
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-06-2013

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 28 June 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

Hold up. 2523 base?! That's so insanely high that I'm getting triggered and have to call bs. 

Maybe it is BS, it is the value listed on my account if you look me up through the portal. If it includes premium account bonus then it is sort of irrelevant imo.



Cobra6 #19 Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:47 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16314 battles
  • 15,296
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

But to answer your question, yes there are enough good players out there that will grind you tanks and marks for money, it's a well known fact and as long as WG allows account sharing and doesn't check for weird IP address fluctuations it will persist.

 

Cobra 6



trispect #20 Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:49 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 33229 battles
  • 1,764
  • [HSOP] HSOP
  • Member since:
    01-16-2011

View PostElement6_TheSprout, on 28 June 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

Maybe it is BS, it is the value listed on my account if you look me up through the portal. If it includes premium account bonus then it is sort of irrelevant imo.

 

Highest XP includes premium account bonus.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users