Jump to content


WG your problem..


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

call_me_ShockZz #1 Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:20 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16920 battles
  • 262
  • [WEBAN] WEBAN
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013

The problem in World of Tanks isnt that armor is too strong, it has to be that strong to be effective because and now the problem - the penetration is too high so that WG has to make armor OP against some tanks but decent or bad against others

 

they just have to get the gold pen fixed and then armor could be worth something (not talking about Maus or Type 5 they are too strong) with every tank being able to do something if you know where

 

a good example is the 140.. 330 HEAT pen is just too high so that armor isnt effective any more, if it would be lower and the armor on type 5 would be lower, the pen would still be very effective but other tanks with lower pen wouldnt be complaining that much as long as you have to aim for weak spots to penetrate your shells, otherwise the armor is useless again

 

hopefully you get what Im trying to say



JuliusCheddar #2 Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:59 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 28128 battles
  • 564
  • [NSORY] NSORY
  • Member since:
    08-27-2014

You see, there always has been one reason of this gold ammo/armor drama - bad players.

Ask yourself a question - who thinks 9.19 Maus is balanced and stands where it should have always been? Yep, tomatoes.

I never considered Maus to be underarmored. Underpowered? Yep, but just because of gun and mobility combo. 

As long as tomatoes keep standing in the open expecting to bounce shots nothing can be done about armor, because it will never satisfy their surreal expectations.

It is impossible to balance a tank which is immune to attacks despite driver being idle. Armor is there to make your enemies aim longer, reduce their DPM. It can protect you if you use it correctly, IE sidescraping and angling turret, wiggling, using hulldown spots. Bad players refuse to understand that, thus situations like 9.19 Maus and Type are gonna happen.



AliceUnchained #3 Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:04 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 38165 battles
  • 8,807
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View Postcall_me_ShockZz, on 28 June 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

hopefully you get what Im trying to say

 

Of course, it's just another 'waaah gold makes armor useless' garbage thread with really no thought behind it.

 

Yes, the Obj. 140 is a good example to support your view. But it means nothing when when you conveniently, intentionally, ignore all examples not supporting your view.  Try the same with the M46 Patton, or the IS, the Tiger (or any tank with the KwK 43 L/71), TVP. T32 (with 105 mm), just to casually name a few.



AdzTownstrike #4 Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:29 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18853 battles
  • 706
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    05-19-2014

View Postcall_me_ShockZz, on 28 June 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

The problem in World of Tanks isnt that armor is too strong, it has to be that strong to be effective because and now the problem - the penetration is too high so that WG has to make armor OP against some tanks but decent or bad against others

 

they just have to get the gold pen fixed and then armor could be worth something (not talking about Maus or Type 5 they are too strong) with every tank being able to do something if you know where

 

a good example is the 140.. 330 HEAT pen is just too high so that armor isnt effective any more, if it would be lower and the armor on type 5 would be lower, the pen would still be very effective but other tanks with lower pen wouldnt be complaining that much as long as you have to aim for weak spots to penetrate your shells, otherwise the armor is useless again

 

hopefully you get what Im trying to say

 

Why do you care about armour and pen when you only plat t49 Kappa

call_me_ShockZz #5 Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:37 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16920 battles
  • 262
  • [WEBAN] WEBAN
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013

View PostAdzTownstrike, on 28 June 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

 

Why do you care about armour and pen when you only plat t49 Kappa

 

havent played the t49 since 9.17 I think..

call_me_ShockZz #6 Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:38 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16920 battles
  • 262
  • [WEBAN] WEBAN
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013

View PostAliceUnchained, on 28 June 2017 - 10:04 PM, said:

 

Of course, it's just another 'waaah gold makes armor useless' garbage thread with really no thought behind it.

 

Yes, the Obj. 140 is a good example to support your view. But it means nothing when when you conveniently, intentionally, ignore all examples not supporting your view.  Try the same with the M46 Patton, or the IS, the Tiger (or any tank with the KwK 43 L/71), TVP. T32 (with 105 mm), just to casually name a few.

 

I didnt say every tank has to get lower pen on gold but some need that and some need armor nerfs.. just bring those back to the standard

Noo_Noo #7 Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:46 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 21559 battles
  • 2,029
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013

I think I see what the OP is saying. Basically that the overboard power of premium ammo is ultimately responsible for the crazy power creep we are seeing in the game.

Partly true I'd say but there's a few other reasons as well including their current policy on premium vehicles. 

For me it looks WG are trying to balance the armour of certain vehicles around premium ammo which is also a slightly questionable policy. 

 

More gold spam means everyone is poorer so spend on premium accounts and gold. 



AliceUnchained #8 Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:52 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 38165 battles
  • 8,807
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View Postcall_me_ShockZz, on 29 June 2017 - 08:38 PM, said:

 

I didnt say every tank has to get lower pen on gold but some need that and some need armor nerfs.. just bring those back to the standard

 

So actually be specific in what it is you mean then.. Your opening post is a gross generalization, without any substance.

panter22 #9 Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:52 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14989 battles
  • 381
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View Postcall_me_ShockZz, on 28 June 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

The problem in World of Tanks isnt that armor is too strong, it has to be that strong to be effective because and now the problem - the penetration is too high so that WG has to make armor OP against some tanks but decent or bad against others

 

they just have to get the gold pen fixed and then armor could be worth something (not talking about Maus or Type 5 they are too strong) with every tank being able to do something if you know where

 

a good example is the 140.. 330 HEAT pen is just too high so that armor isnt effective any more, if it would be lower and the armor on type 5 would be lower, the pen would still be very effective but other tanks with lower pen wouldnt be complaining that much as long as you have to aim for weak spots to penetrate your shells, otherwise the armor is useless again

 

hopefully you get what Im trying to say

 

the problem is there are 100% Edited

Edited by Asklepi0s, 30 June 2017 - 10:25 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks


Bucifel #10 Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:24 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29605 battles
  • 1,373
  • [JDUN] JDUN
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

there are 2 problems with game, not only 1...recently at least

1. inbalanced ammo (what you mentioned) but not only because excesive penetration, but because theres 0 disadvantages too. Its simply p2w factor while you simply pay more to pen more without any other disadvantage. (like less damage but with standard costs in balance for example.)

 

2. lack of weakspots

no need to say more here...we all know already what that means.


Edited by Bucifel, 29 June 2017 - 10:25 PM.


WindSplitter1 #11 Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:17 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 15544 battles
  • 2,270
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostJuliusCheddar, on 28 June 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

You see, there always has been one reason of this gold ammo/armor drama - bad players.

Ask yourself a question - who thinks 9.19 Maus is balanced and stands where it should have always been? Yep, tomatoes.

I never considered Maus to be underarmored. Underpowered? Yep, but just because of gun and mobility combo. 

As long as tomatoes keep standing in the open expecting to bounce shots nothing can be done about armor, because it will never satisfy their surreal expectations.

It is impossible to balance a tank which is immune to attacks despite driver being idle. Armor is there to make your enemies aim longer, reduce their DPM. It can protect you if you use it correctly, IE sidescraping and angling turret, wiggling, using hulldown spots. Bad players refuse to understand that, thus situations like 9.19 Maus and Type are gonna happen.

 

Question: what about tomatoes that do understand those things and don't expect their Maus, Hype 5 or whatever to have the armour of a T-14?

Just saying, some tomatoes do have a brain and no hinderances in using it.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users