Higher Tier Gameplay Is Pure *edited* Now

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:45 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21319 battles

Long overdue a rant. This one has been coming though and it's something I'm sure you can all agree on.. both teams tbh, only 2-3 players do all the work while the rest go around like tourists in an art gallery confused by where they should go and mesmerized by it all. Most, which is staggering tbh, don't know what they should do and why they are getting shot, completely ignoring the minimap, what's developing around them and targets right under their *edited* noses.

This is fine at tier1-4, ok in small amounts at tier-5-7 but from tier8-10 just should not feature with most players, we all should know the maps, the minimap and how to use terrain, buildings and tank classes but the standard at tier 8-10 is the same as tier3-5.

Tier8 is totally unplayable, only my Swedish TDs can pen anything without using gold rounds so I'm not going to be someones shooting gallery while my IS3 even with 225pen bounces off the lower plate of most tanks it faces which is always tier8-10.. so I have to switch to APCR and lose bags of credits even when winning or wait like a *edited* at the back until the top tier guys do all the work and then try and get to the softer armoured targets behind.. no it's just trash and not fun, I play for fun like most and I play to shoot and kill tanks.

So to that end I will not play passed tier6... probably stay at tier3-5. If teams are bad and playstyle is poor this is ok with me I expect the standard as such at lower tiers and so I don't get at all annoyed and most tanks can pen and kill most tanks they will face, this is fair and fun and as it should be so why would I play anything higher right now? I have picked off most the medals, not that I was chasing any tbh, had huge damage rounds with lots of kills which is something I definitely play for and so until this higher tier trash mm and massively varying tank strength is sorted, if ever, I will have my battles and lols at lower tiers from now on where I don't get annoyed much even when I lose, it doesn't lose me anything and MOST importantly, I have as much a chance as anyone to carry and win a battle by way of the fact my tanks will pen and damage nearly all the tanks it faces and the same for everyone else, as it should be, take not WG, players are not happy with higher tiers, the LT change, the OP premium tanks, the reliant on gold ammo, the ineffectiveness of standard tier8 tanks and the frustration of it all.

O and by the way WG, if you think the answer to what I said is to go and adjust the lower tiers to make it as *edited* as your higher tiers is now then I will uninstall game. Your higher tier tanks are massively *edited* up in their differences in strength between tiers and premium tanks, armour values and pen to the point it's a disaster and there is where you need to make the changes before many players walk. You the plethora of complaints on this forum about exactly these points doesn't open your eyes. It's a great game but by *edited* you are doing your best to*edited* it up.. in terms of being game developers you definitely need to go back to the back a year or two and "git gud!"

Edited by Jbnn, 30 June 2017 - 08:26 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

JuliusCheddar #2 Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:51 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28541 battles
  • [3BPAN] 3BPAN

I stopped at "only my Swedish tds can pen stuff". 

Sure tier 8 matchmaking is *edit*, but if you need 288 pen to damage enemy fault is on you 

Either that or you're simply lying to increase drama in your post 

Which is very likely since it's just another useless rant thread

Edit: I read whole thing. 

Tl;dr: 

Edited by Jahrakajin, 29 June 2017 - 11:45 AM.
Please don't make such comparisons

signal11th #3 Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:58 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 36366 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I don't mind higher tier play at the moment, tier 8 is a bit meh yes but tier 9 and 10 get's a ten from Len because of all the farming I can do.

AC130Pilot #4 Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:04 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14957 battles

"Higher Tier Gameplay Is Pure *edited* Now"

No, it's not.

Captain_Kremen0 #5 Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37009 battles

I don't like 8+ because I know Im *edited* at it. So I rarely play it.

Another  MM whine in disguise.

Edited by Jbnn, 30 June 2017 - 08:27 AM.

Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #6 Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:25 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 15159 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

It's really no issue if you play the lower tiers. If that's where you're having fun, then just go for it!

Personally I'm playing more and more t8+, as for some reason I find it more enjoyable :)

arthurwellsley #7 Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:41 AM

Major

• Player
  • 51427 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

It's really no issue if you play the lower tiers. If that's where you're having fun, then just go for it!

Personally I'm playing more and more tier  IX as for some reason I find it a sweet spot for me at the moment :)

(There is one tier VII that I have begun to enjoy since 9.19).

1ncompetenc3 #8 Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:52 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36897 battles

High tier gameplay has always been full of muppets, nothing new there. The powercreep is real and MM is out of whack, but if you need 288mm pen to do damage the game isn't the only problem.

Quintuss #9 Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25996 battles
  • [DIVA_] DIVA_

The only real problem is getting useless toptiers. If you get 3 bad toptier tanks or 1-2 of them are stock the other team has an extreme advantage without looking at players.

Try having a PTA + WT-pz4 + RU as toptiers when the other team gets E75 + O704 + T54-LW.....  on any close-range map you are screwed before the first shot is fired.

Kozzy #10 Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:07 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

We all know T8 is in a bad way, for now, maybe just avoid T8?

In terms of the player base; nothing has changed and if people are complaining that there are more clueless idiots about, well then, you're in luck!  As more idiots mean more idiots for you 'non-idiots' to farm, right?

Negativvv #11 Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8604 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

I play T5/T6 and have an IS2.

Game plays fine for now. Good to see there's no rush to go up the tiers I'll carry on enjoying my Elite T5 stuff...

clixor #12 Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:12 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 50972 battles

View Post1ncompetenc3, on 29 June 2017 - 11:52 AM, said:

High tier gameplay has always been full of muppets, nothing new there. The powercreep is real and MM is out of whack, but if you need 288mm pen to do damage the game isn't the only problem.

Not always, tier8 ofcourse to a certain extent because prem tanks are available for everybody, but tier9/10 used to be pretty competitive with mainly good to above average players. But given time even bot level players can reach tier10 and that's exactly what we are seeing now. What also doesn't help that gaining XP has become pretty easy with all the xp events and boosters.

I also do think the mindset for a lot of new players just changed, a lot of players are just not interested in learning and improving anymore.

Junglist_ #13 Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36624 battles
Except for tier 8 which is broken atm i find the high tiers much more enjoyable than the absolute madness that's going on in tier 6 battles and below. 

BigFellas_Dad #14 Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41445 battles

Im with the OP (apart from not being able to pen anything!), T8 feels like its mostly TX games these days which can be challenging as most games are won and lost by the 3 top tier tanks.  Im playing more and more T6 battles these days for this very reason and im enjoying the game far more.

I think MM should increase the number of pure TX games (TX1), if peeps rush to the top tier they should be given the opportunity to play against other like minded souls and leave us mid tier players alone ;)

HassenderZerhacker #15 Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:05 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26493 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

I agree with OP.

Most of the games I play in a IS-3 I get into tier 10 or tier 9 games with 75% of players with WN8 above 1200, and equipped with good tanks.

So I roll forward in my IS-3 and first things I encounter are Heavy Type 4, which I cannot pen anywhere, even on the sides with a 45° angle, despite it being just a tier above, and Obj 430 II driven by a blue player, so I only ever see its turret.

There is nothing I can do except maybe switching to HE, but in the time I fire two times, the Obj 430 had already sucked half my HP by hitting my turret roof twice in a row and the Type 4 blows me to bits with HE.

The Type 4 is the biggest problem here because I can't do anything against it.

On a mäuschen I could shoot the LFP or the cupola, but where to shoot on a type 4?

Then there are the high tier arties. As soon as 2 shoot on me taking turns, I'm dead, regardless if I drive VK 45.02 B or E75 and regardless if I have a spall liner equipped or not.

Then there are pure tier 9 / tier 10 battles without any tier 8 tanks which I occasionally get into with the Leo Prot A (which now works OK with the upgraded gun) and the E75.

These games are campfests, because as soon as one moves, he's spotted and then stunned and then killed.

Congrats WG for great arty fixing !

I confess I don't always have the patience.

One more thing I thought about is that WG should introduce more gun options for tier 9 and tier 10, especially high pen guns that shoot more often with less damage.

Balc0ra #16 Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65730 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostTungstenHitman, on 29 June 2017 - 10:45 AM, said:

Tier8 is totally unplayable, only my Swedish TDs can pen anything without using gold rounds

Yet my 181 pen T69 is not doing to badly in those.... Unlike my IS-6.

But then again... you make it sound like high tiers was really good back in the day. It always had some flaws due to the big gaps. It's just that the old flaw gets buried under bigger and newer flaws

1ncompetenc3 #17 Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36897 battles

View Postclixor, on 29 June 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

Not always, tier8 ofcourse to a certain extent because prem tanks are available for everybody, but tier9/10 used to be pretty competitive with mainly good to above average players. But given time even bot level players can reach tier10 and that's exactly what we are seeing now. What also doesn't help that gaining XP has become pretty easy with all the xp events and boosters.

I also do think the mindset for a lot of new players just changed, a lot of players are just not interested in learning and improving anymore.

That golden age must have ended before I reached those tiers because I can't recall a time where it was "mainly good to above average players"; there has never been a shortage of red on either team list in my experience.

TungstenHitman #18 Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:44 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21319 battles

Busy with the new house all day and painting for my sins.. had some time though this evening and got in a couple of games in the STRV, the T49 and the IS3 before heading back down the tiers to a more relaxed and equal environment where bonehead playstyle is a gimme and the reliant on a decent teammate is not such a problem I will happily assume nobody on the team is any good and just hope they allow me to knock out enough tanks before it becomes undo-able. Anyway back to the higher tier battles where I dare expect a slighty better standard as the tens of thousands of battle experience should dictate but no... as usual there is 2-3 average players such as myself while the rest have just moved on from using crayons while displaying a complete lack of any sort of game knowledge, ambition or ability as per usual. As mentioned, its usually 2-3 guys do all the work while the rest hide, die or both, my IS3 shots bounced off the two OP Jap HTs before making the switch to gold rounds and of course the great teamates enjoyed picking up kills I reduced to 5% hp but showed no sign of helping me prior to that as the sat and watched me struggle like a pack of *edited* though they still found way to die in the excitement of mugging kills off me and I was indeed the last surviving player as usual since I actually look to sidescrape and what not.. unreal, utter shitfest lol.. here's just a little taste of the results.. u can check my todays stats, purple and blue in all tanks, all tiers, don't matter a *edited* I'ma gonna lose!! 

http://wotzilla.com/playerinfos/Details/tungstenhitman#player-tank-activity-gamemode

Edit- Maybe the tanks on teams were not very balanced, I don't know.. regardless it's obvious to see the standard around you and it ain't pretty, that said the HTs in both matches just sat out and bounced shots from everyone so.. not like they were masterminds of the game either tbh

Spoiler

Edited by Jbnn, 30 June 2017 - 08:35 AM.

HeidenSieker #19 Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:45 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 29 June 2017 - 04:05 PM, said:

(with snips)

The Type 4 is the biggest problem here because I can't do anything against it. On a mäuschen I could shoot the LFP or the cupola, but where to shoot on a type 4?

Then there are the high tier arties. As soon as 2 shoot on me taking turns, I'm dead, regardless if I drive VK 45.02 B or E75 and regardless if I have a spall liner equipped or not.

Interesting juxtaposition of thoughts. Possibilities of balance, wouldn't you say?

TungstenHitman #20 Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:22 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21319 battles

Anyone know a good tier5 seal clubber? Maybe I'll just buy one of these..

Spoiler

:P:teethhappy:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users