Lines grind help

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Press2ForSkill #1 Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14631 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM

-I will make certain sentences in bold and underline it that i want you guys to help me specificially in, those will be the main sentences of each subject-

I have no idea what to research, I want to have 100% fun in WoT, so if i don't have fun in a tank for a really long time non stop, i sell the tank.. I'm not a great player and I don't want to research some OP tank like Maus/Type5 because it will take too long to get, and then WG will just nerf it again..

So this is my garage at the moment:
AMX 13 57GF

T54

Chrysler

Patriot

Skorpion

Skoda T50

and the tier 6 premium med autoloader of sweden Strv 42 57 something.

and this is all the tank lines I currently have researched:

Obj140 through the old light tank line.

BC25t line

AMX 50B line

TVP line

Up until IS3 in heavy line.

at Obj704 in TD line

at JagdTiger tier9.

at the Tiger P 
Pz Kpfw 7 line done.

i have nothing from China and not interested in anything there, since i just see china as a worse russia copy cat

I dont want to play Czech tanks again except tier 9 skoda t50 that i have in garage.

i have amx 1390 researched but i dont like it.

I have nothing from Japan and would like to keep it that way..

Not interested in any Swedish tanks except the tier 6 prem autoloader strv that i already have.

Not interested in anything from the UK at all... the tier10 TDs are funny but nah.

I have the heavy line until the T32 researched of USA, but T32 isn't fun and M103 has a disgustingly bad turret, and those american heavies get ammoracked so damn easily.. i can't stand that.. the american meds aren't really my style, i'd rather take the E50 line. not really interested in that american TDs, not my style

So if u are even still reading this, as u can see my taste in tanks are.. well.. really specific. 

So now you are wondering: "Well what the hell do you actually like?" 

I have a few tier 10s bought in my short time in WoT, about 5 tier 10s i think not sure. But i sold ALL of them.. and let me tell you why: I believe that all tier 10 heavies are stupid, There will always be some heavy that will be completely broken (e5, then type+maus) and who knows what next, and then WG will just nerf it, so i dont want any tier 10 heavies at all.. either your heavy is terrible, or it is OP for a few months before it gets nerfed, armor doesn't mean much  unless u are OP.. all those gold spam..

Basically, I don't want any heavies between Tier 7-10, because i believe i have the best tier 8 heavies in my garage, 9 is meh, 10 cant be trusted, and 7 i had T29 but tired of that. and i really dislike all tier 1-5 tanks.. it looks so.. ugh. So unless there is a really fun tier 6 heavy out there... i dont want any heavies

TDs - I believe that only the JgpzE100 can give me non stop fun at tier 10, because this is the only tank that isn't OP that WG might nerf, and it has a realllly nice gun, and it doesn't give a damn if a type5 or maus etc is OP when u press that magical "2" key with 420 heat pen. the FV183 is nice but i won't grind an entire line for just that, i believe jgpze100 can give me more fun in the long-run anyways, and i already have the tier 9 Jagdtiger researched.. So I maybe want the JgPzE100, dont want tier 8-9 TDs, how are the tier 6-7 TDs? I have the SU100 and SU152 researched.. worth buying back? Or what other tier 6-7 TDs that are really fun?

So with heavies and TDs out of the way, and obviously arty (gross.)

Lights -  I have line until T54 LTWT researched but really dislike that entire line, same with AMX 1390 line. and tier 10 lights suck. Chinese lights i dont want. So, what about the german lights Mr. Picky Terblanche? Same answer as french and russian and china. So that only leaves ONE possible line for lights... USA!

I'm not a fan of the Sheridan, not really a fan of T49 either, because I know how RNG makes my derp shots.. and bulldog is just so damn boring/bad. tier 1-6 is meh, but that T71... oooh man. i played it many times on test server, actually have like 1600 DPG in it, even aced on 1st round, i love it so much.. I really want it but.. what if that WG nerf hammer comes down on it? If i didn't have the AMX 1357GF, i would've gotten that T71, but is T71 really worth having if i already have the AMX 1357F? So basically T71 is the only light i still want to get maybe.. unless it isnt worth it cuz i have 57F in garage...?

So that only leaves one class remaining... Mediums!

Meds-  I don't want any tier 8 mediums because they all suck IMO.  I don't want any American meds since i see the german tier 9-10 meds as better alternatives. So, Chinese meds? Russian meds better alternatives. I had the Obj140, but i get ammoracked so easily in it, and i just can't play that tank with the team is full of 500 wn8's... so russian tier 10 meds are a NOPE for me.  I absolutely LOVE my T54 at tier 9 though! it is probably my favorite tank in the game.. , and i'll say it again: I dont want tier 1-5 tanks. So how are the russian tier 6-7 meds? I didn't play them since i got T54 through the light line..

The UK meds just aren't worth the grind, some of them are really average/bad, only the Cromwell+Comet i find interesting, are they worth getting? 

Sweden no thx, i like my prem strv but not the standard swedish meds.  Japan.. nah.   France: i got BC25t but sold it last night (wont go into the details for the reason) So how are the AMX 30 and AMX 30B? Czech i have the Skoda T50, i sucked in tier 10 TVP so nope nope nope! i love the skoda t50 though, so rest of czech tree no thx. So only 1 med line remains.. GERMANY!

Are any of the tier 6-10 german meds worth getting? I absolutely love the E50 at tier 9 (played a lot on test server, i know the pen is bad but i didn't spam gold on test server and still loved it..) I really really want the E50, but guys, the grind.. that Panther 1 and Panther 2 is gross! I dont care how many buffs they get, they still suck imo... i bought the VK30.02M at tier 6, today. It is actually a really decent tank i think, but i dont have the mindset to get panther1+2 after it..  So how is the Leopard PTA  line? I think the AMX 30B line might be a little better.. 

I'm not really interested to get any further Tier 10s except the JgPzE100 and maybe the E50M, but i would be happy to stay at the tier 9 E50. I'm interested in tier 6, 7, and 9 tanks, i don't really want any tier 8 tanks since premiums are anyways much much better.. 

TLDR: No artys, no heavies except tier 6, tier 6-7 TDs, JgPzE100?, No lights except T71 but is t71 worth it if i have amx13 57gf?, Any good tier 6,7,9 meds? really want E50 but the grind.. Don't want anything from Tier 10 except Jgpze100 and (maybe) E50M and amx30b?

Don't want anything from: China. Japan. Czech. Sweden. USA(except t71), France (except amx30).

And if you actually read the entire post.. I love you.:girl: 
1 last thing: I like an aggressive playstyle, I hate camping. I want to carry games.

Edited by Terblanche77, 29 June 2017 - 03:59 PM.

Press2ForSkill #2 Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14631 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM
H-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-p :P

Junglist_ #3 Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35132 battles

Quickly read through the post so I probably missed something but anyway here's what I think.

Get the E-50 it's an awesome tank and you won't regret grinding it. T71 is IMO not worth it if you already have AMX.

AMX 30 and 30b is getting reworked so either read the threads about the rework or wait for 9.20 no point getting it for the state it currently is in since it won't stay like that for too long

Press2ForSkill #4 Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14631 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM

View PostJunglist_, on 29 June 2017 - 05:03 PM, said:

Quickly read through the post so I probably missed something but anyway here's what I think.

Get the E-50 it's an awesome tank and you won't regret grinding it. T71 is IMO not worth it if you already have AMX.

AMX 30 and 30b is getting reworked so either read the threads about the rework or wait for 9.20 no point getting it for the state it currently is in since it won't stay like that for too long

Yeah, i really want the E50 but man, that Panther1 and 2 will make me cry everytime i click battle. maybe the panther1 i can still handle, but panther2... :| and yeah i should probably wait for 9.20 to see how the amx 30's will be. T71 and 57F has quite different playstyles though, 57F is more of a close range burst machine, and T71 is better at long ranges, and considering it is tier 7, it might be worth keeping an eye on it :) what u think about jgpze100 though? 

Achibot #5 Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:13 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17959 battles
  • [HUSH-] HUSH-

Heavies: Pretty much only the KV-2 would seem to even potentially meet your criteria. ARL and VK36 are decent but not especially interesting to play, if you wanted an M6 you wouldn't have sold the T29 and the rest are disallowed by nation.

TDs: don't like them, my advice would not be worth anything here.

Meds: I have had the E50 unlocked for about 3 years but refuse to play it stock because it's such an obvious free XP sink by design and I resent that. Catch 22. I liked the VK 30 (P) a lot but despised the (M). Your mileage may very there. The Cromwell is by the most fun medium (of any tier or nation) that I have ever played, is one of the most fun in the game to play in platoon, especially with itself, and has large carry potential based on it's insane speed. Comet is a more grown up, less fun Cromwell so I never bothered with it. As for the French meds, do you ever look at the matchup and think "Oh no, an AMX 30 (B)"? Cause I don't and as such they don't interest me personally.

Lights: No need for surplus commentary here, just get the T71.

Junglist_ #6 Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35132 battles

View PostTerblanche77, on 29 June 2017 - 04:09 PM, said:

Yeah, i really want the E50 but man, that Panther1 and 2 will make me cry everytime i click battle. maybe the panther1 i can still handle, but panther2... :| and yeah i should probably wait for 9.20 to see how the amx 30's will be. T71 and 57F has quite different playstyles though, 57F is more of a close range burst machine, and T71 is better at long ranges, and considering it is tier 7, it might be worth keeping an eye on it :) what u think about jgpze100 though? 

I have grinded thru panthers before the buffs and Panther is pretty decent actually but yeah Panther II was complete garbage. Could be different but still if you got some xp reserves and saved free xp for modules it shouldn't take you too long and it's defo worth it.

I guess you're right about T71 having different play style but since AMX is one of the only 2 tier 7 LTs not reworked it's IMO far superior.

Sorry not sure about the Jgpz as I barely played TDs at all.

Press2ForSkill #7 Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14631 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM

View PostAchibot, on 29 June 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

Heavies: Pretty much only the KV-2 would seem to even potentially meet your criteria. ARL and VK36 are decent but not especially interesting to play, if you wanted an M6 you wouldn't have sold the T29 and the rest are disallowed by nation.

TDs: don't like them, my advice would not be worth anything here.

Meds: I have had the E50 unlocked for about 3 years but refuse to play it stock because it's such an obvious free XP sink by design and I resent that. Catch 22. I liked the VK 30 (P) a lot but despised the (M). Your mileage may very there. The Cromwell is by the most fun medium (of any tier or nation) that I have ever played, is one of the most fun in the game to play in platoon, especially with itself, and has large carry potential based on it's insane speed. Comet is a more grown up, less fun Cromwell so I never bothered with it. As for the French meds, do you ever look at the matchup and think "Oh no, an AMX 30 (B)"? Cause I don't and as such they don't interest me personally.

Lights: No need for surplus commentary here, just get the T71.

Well yeah i guess tier 6 heavies aren't for me then :P  and yeah e50 needs so much exp for modules.. a friend of mine 3 marked the vk30p and vk30m actually, and actually has slightly better stats in the M,  and yeah cromwell might be a really really fun tank to have, and tier 6 isn't that hard to get anyways, well maybe after the 9.20 the amx 30's might be a little better, will have to check that out first

View PostJunglist_, on 29 June 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

I have grinded thru panthers before the buffs and Panther is pretty decent actually but yeah Panther II was complete garbage. Could be different but still if you got some xp reserves and saved free xp for modules it shouldn't take you too long and it's defo worth it.

I guess you're right about T71 having different play style but since AMX is one of the only 2 tier 7 LTs not reworked it's IMO far superior.

Sorry not sure about the Jgpz as I barely played TDs at all.

Well even though T71 is quite OP now and a lot of fun, tier 7 is not that hard to get, but the lights before it.. meh, so yeah maybe i will not get T71, will have to play it a bit more on the test server to check it out (even though test server is 90% of the time offline -.-) 

I bought the vk30m today and will grind with the panther 1 also, but that panther2.. pff.. i will probably have to get a lot of free exp, and the E50 as stock is quite bad also, so i have to keep that in mind also, i actually calculated, from a stock Panther1 to E50M elited, it needs 420k exp and that is 12k gold while converting exp is actually on sale..  but if i play the panther1 the free exp total will go down to 300k which is 8.7k gold while converting is on sale... so.. 8.7k isn't thaaaaaat much, probably would take me 2 months to get that amount (i use my phone's money to buy gold each month) but then i can't buy premium account so yeah, 

jgpze100 is really awesome on test server, and i need it to finish some of my TD missions but that has to wait if i want E50

edowardo2016 #8 Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10142 battles
  • [FPOW] FPOW
For lights first of all, I think you would have fun time with Americans as the line in general is not that bad and i find t49 very nice. You can also get t57 heavy. In TDs I stopped grinding them after I got Skorpion G which is best tier for tier. For heavies I only got both tier 8 soviets. Is3 was better but I am really looking forward for st1. I am also trying to get t29. Meds, E50 is amazing and panthers are not even that terrible. I was wondering about Japanese and czech meds or something as I want to grind a new line in asian server in which I will start to play in.

Edited by edowardo2016, 29 June 2017 - 11:13 PM.

Press2ForSkill #9 Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14631 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM

View Postedowardo2016, on 29 June 2017 - 07:02 PM, said:

For lights first of all, I think you would have fun time with Americans as the line in general is not that bad and i find t49 very nice. You can also get t57 heavy. In TDs I stopped grinding them after I got Skorpion G which is best tier for tier. For heavies I only got both tier 8 soviets. Is3 was better but I am really looking forward for st1. I am also trying to get t29. Meds, E50 is amazing and panthers are not even that terrible. I was wondering about Japanese and czech meds or something as I want to grind a new line in asian server in which I will start to play in.

well i dont want to get the t57 at all, im sick of tier 10, and t29 i dont think is worth getting after the new mm system for some reason..panther 1 is ok but panther2 will make me die. czech meds are decent, the tier 6 is nice, the tier 7-8 sucks, the tier 9 is awesome, the tier 10 is tier 10 so i hate it.

Also tagged with Lines, grind, help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users