Jump to content


Did wargaming fixed climbing?


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

TempSGK #1 Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:41 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 9072 battles
  • 1,035
  • Member since:
    07-09-2010
I notice on the map arctic region that the Eastern team hill has been elevated to be too steep to climb.  Any changes on other maps?  More importantly are there any patch notes to suggest so?

Achibot #2 Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:44 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17959 battles
  • 2,225
  • [HUSH-] HUSH-
  • Member since:
    05-16-2012
The maps haven't changed, none of the climbs have been fixed, it's just your imagination I'm afraid.

Synopsis0 #3 Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:48 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 38527 battles
  • 217
  • Member since:
    11-23-2012
They will never fix this Exploit , they think you need skill and skilled players who climbs says who don`t they are noobs.   The funny thing they try hard to make balanced maps and since the new game mechanic they didnt noticed that the climbing become an Exploit.

anonym_YNch2j0j5oJ9 #4 Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:54 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 689
  • Member since:
    09-24-2018
c8 on arctic region was indeed fixed. 

Balc0ra #5 Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:06 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66549 battles
  • 16,589
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

The hill was fixed ages ago. But not the hill along the red line that every TD climbs now.

 

I suspect most of these maps won't get fixed until the HD versions at this point considering how many maps are affected by the new mountain goat epidemic after the Swedish TD's arrived.  As their map people are fully at work on those. As they are gonna release all the maps in one patch. Not a few at a time like the HD models of tanks. Thus I doubt they will take time to fix all the affected map now.



TempSGK #6 Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:26 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 9072 battles
  • 1,035
  • Member since:
    07-09-2010

View PostBalc0ra, on 29 June 2017 - 05:06 PM, said:

The hill was fixed ages ago. But not the hill along the red line that every TD climbs now.

 

I suspect most of these maps won't get fixed until the HD versions at this point considering how many maps are affected by the new mountain goat epidemic after the Swedish TD's arrived.  As their map people are fully at work on those. As they are gonna release all the maps in one patch. Not a few at a time like the HD models of tanks. Thus I doubt they will take time to fix all the affected map now.

Ages ago? You know when?   Also what hill along the red line? mind asking. 



Balc0ra #7 Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:34 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66549 battles
  • 16,589
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostTempSGK, on 29 June 2017 - 07:26 PM, said:

Ages ago? You know when?   Also what hill along the red line? mind asking. 

 

Not sure when tbh. But not seen a T67 up there for ages. As for what hill? The hill behind North base. Swedish TD's can reverse up to A9 or A7.Tho not as commonly used as the center hill was. It's still annoying when they use it.

 

 



hjorte #8 Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:58 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 14022 battles
  • 150
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostTerblanche77, on 29 June 2017 - 05:54 PM, said:

c8 on arctic region was indeed fixed. 

 

That is nice to have confirmed. I've tried a couple of times, failed, and wondered if it was changed. It seems much steeper now.

 

Btw., I just remember now that I used to climb A1 on Arctic sometimes. I have to check if it still works.


Edited by hjorte, 29 June 2017 - 09:01 PM.


WindSplitter1 #9 Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:42 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 16244 battles
  • 2,564
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

It's not an exploit. It's just a different tactic.

You people label it as such because you can't find a way to counter it effectively and just want to pew pew at leveled ground by playing at your terms. When others do so at their own, it's a cheat.

 

Not a good logic, but I don't expect my words to change your views...



Karasu_Hidesuke #10 Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:42 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 16161 battles
  • 3,855
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013
Nothing's been fixed. I still can't climb like all the others. :confused:

DracheimFlug #11 Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:02 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 9076 battles
  • 4,033
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View PostBrowarszky, on 01 July 2017 - 08:42 AM, said:

Nothing's been fixed. I still can't climb like all the others. :confused:

 

Have you tried using actual climbing gear and wearing something more practical than your dress uniform? :) 

RamRaid90 #12 Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:09 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 22025 battles
  • 6,602
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostWindSplitter1, on 30 June 2017 - 08:42 PM, said:

It's not an exploit. It's just a different tactic.

You people label it as such because you can't find a way to counter it effectively and just want to pew pew at leveled ground by playing at your terms. When others do so at their own, it's a cheat.

 

Not a good logic, but I don't expect my words to change your views...

 

Those areas were created as nothing more than scenery. They were never intended to be used for climbing. In any other game, these areas would have been shut off fairly quickly and anyone using them before hand would have recieve a warning or a ban.

I refer to you this section of the rules.

 

4.08. Any conduct that is considered by Wargaming staff as disruptive to the gaming experience of others can be sanctioned in accordance to rule 1.04. This conduct includes and is not limited to: malicious and/or intentional in-game harassment, intentional exploitation of in-game mechanics or any action that intentionally goes against or abuses the game design.

 

As the "goating" fad was never an intended design, merely a side effect of the new physics system, and a fix is currently being worked on with the new HD maps. Then it stands reason that exploiting the physics system to access areas where you cannot actively play a part in the battle, nor can the allies actively pursue you in order to destroy you, goes against the rules of the game.


Edited by RamRaid90, 01 July 2017 - 09:09 AM.


DracheimFlug #13 Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:12 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 9076 battles
  • 4,033
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View PostRamRaid90, on 01 July 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

 

Those areas were created as nothing more than scenery. They were never intended to be used for climbing. In any other game, these areas would have been shut off fairly quickly and anyone using them before hand would have recieve a warning or a ban.

I refer to you this section of the rules.

 

4.08. Any conduct that is considered by Wargaming staff as disruptive to the gaming experience of others can be sanctioned in accordance to rule 1.04. This conduct includes and is not limited to: malicious and/or intentional in-game harassment, intentional exploitation of in-game mechanics or any action that intentionally goes against or abuses the game design.

 

As the "goating" fad was never an intended design, merely a side effect of the new physics system, and a fix is currently being worked on with the new HD maps. Then it stands reason that exploiting the physics system to access areas where you cannot actively play a part in the battle, nor can the allies actively pursue you in order to destroy you, goes against the rules of the game.

 

So why have they said some such spots are intentional? And why when they changed the physics did they promote an increased climbing ability for tanks? Even to the extent some of these spots are unintentional and even to the extent they are unbalanced, the fact remains that WG has sent out mixed messages about them.

 

But they are apparently under review and at least some are expected to be changed as part of the HD map changes.



Homer_J #14 Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:33 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29045 battles
  • 30,553
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostRamRaid90, on 01 July 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

 

 

4.08. Any conduct that is considered by Wargaming staff as disruptive to the gaming experience of others can be sanctioned in accordance to rule 1.04. This conduct includes and is not limited to: malicious and/or intentional in-game harassment, intentional exploitation of in-game mechanics or any action that intentionally goes against or abuses the game design.

 

 

You can't read the last part of that clause without the first part and as mountain goating is not considered to be disruptive by Wargaming staff then it does not fall under that rule.

 

I don't like it myself, especially when you have some idiot spending the first few minutes climbing to some place he can't do anything from but there's no point trying to claim its against any rules.



RamRaid90 #15 Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:00 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 22025 battles
  • 6,602
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostHomer_J, on 01 July 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

 

You can't read the last part of that clause without the first part and as mountain goating is not considered to be disruptive by Wargaming staff then it does not fall under that rule.

 

I don't like it myself, especially when you have some idiot spending the first few minutes climbing to some place he can't do anything from but there's no point trying to claim its against any rules.

 

I have to feel that if they didnt consider it disruptive to a point, they wouldn't be closing places off or aiming to get rid of them with the HD maps.

Aikl #16 Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:13 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25701 battles
  • 4,349
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

Maybe it should, but it's not a bannable offense:

 

View PostMrConway, on 03 June 2017 - 12:47 PM, said:

Let me clarify some things:  As long as you can get to a spot in game using the regular game mechanics, you are not breaking any rules by going there, although it often will not help you win the battle.

 

Some of the spots are intentionally placed, others are the result of the physics update and the changed tank behaviour. We are aware of the situation and will likely be removing several of the spots that we find problematic. As you know we are currently completely reworking all maps into HD, so you can expect some of the boost spots to disappear with their introduction.

 

 

 

Aside from appearing to be something that could be fixed incredibly easy by adding a rock on the worst ones, my guess would be that HD maps and/or new engine were planned to be rolled out soon/sooner. Old maps won't get worked on because they either don't have the time or because it's "pointless". I mean, doing work on something that's going away soonTM.... if I get a management lobotomy put my Pointy-haired Boss-hat on, it does make sense. 

Seeing as climbing isn't banned, it's likely not considered "broken enough". I mean, it's incredibly annoying and broken, but at least it doesn't happen that often. Maybe they're using the time to actually test the maps and remove more things that players find annoying (hahaha, as if... but I've been playing for six years and I'm essentially brain-damaged by now).

 

(Protip: The big, easy climb on Sacred Valley can rather easily be countered by spotting/shooting from the rock in the middle gap. Prone to getting spotted and sniped by basecampers, but reducing the HP of climbers arguably helps a lot. And hey, you'll probably ruin some dumb climber's day, too! Win-win!)

 

 

 


WindSplitter1 #17 Posted 01 July 2017 - 01:34 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 16244 battles
  • 2,564
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostRamRaid90, on 01 July 2017 - 08:09 AM, said:

 

Those areas were created as nothing more than scenery. - According to whom?

 

They were never intended to be used for climbing. According to whom?

 

In any other game, these areas would have been shut off fairly quickly and anyone using them before hand would have recieve a warning or a ban. This isn't another game.

I refer to you this section of the rules.

 

4.08. Any conduct that is considered by Wargaming staff as disruptive to the gaming experience of others can be sanctioned in accordance to rule 1.04. This conduct includes and is not limited to: malicious and/or intentional in-game harassment, intentional exploitation of in-game mechanics or any action that intentionally goes against or abuses the game design. Mr. Conway (WG Staff) already stated this is not against the rules, provided you do not artificially change game stats (IE use an illegal mod/cheat)

 

As the "goating" fad was never an intended design, merely a side effect of the new physics system, and a fix is currently being worked on with the new HD maps. I wouldn't be so confident that will put an end to this but otherwise I agree. Still, it doesn't make it illegal.

 

Then it stands reason that exploiting the physics system Again, it's not an exploit

 

to access areas where you cannot actively play a part in the battle There are plenty of videos showing otherwise.

 

nor can the allies actively pursue you in order to destroy you Artillery can and it's actually even easier. Not to mention people who climb are exposing themselves while doing it and have to expose themselves to fire.

 

goes against the rules of the game. Already answered.

 

With that said, I think people should have an opinion of their own instead of just following what a popular YouTuber says. Not saying this is your case but well... the comment's section can be quite revealing.

DracheimFlug #18 Posted 01 July 2017 - 02:40 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 9076 battles
  • 4,033
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View PostHomer_J, on 01 July 2017 - 09:33 AM, said:

 

You can't read the last part of that clause without the first part and as mountain goating is not considered to be disruptive by Wargaming staff then it does not fall under that rule.

 

I don't like it myself, especially when you have some idiot spending the first few minutes climbing to some place he can't do anything from but there's no point trying to claim its against any rules.

 

View PostRamRaid90, on 01 July 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

 

I have to feel that if they didnt consider it disruptive to a point, they wouldn't be closing places off or aiming to get rid of them with the HD maps.

 

Even if they made it impossible, the same idiot could spend the entire match trying anyway. And they do consider some such spots disruptive (by way of making some maps potentially unbalanced) so they are closing off some. However they are not closing off all, so the point remains that they are not generally considered to be disruptive.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users