Jump to content


Replays


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Captain_Kremen0 #1 Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:08 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 36801 battles
  • 1,267
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

Something I posted in another thread made me think.

 

In the 21st Century shouldn't it be easier to watch WoT replays? Like on a MOBILE PHONE ( Im pretty sure they have these in Russia too).

or not having to log in to see them. Or being able to watch them in another window or screen whilst still logged into the game.

Just make it bloody easier.

/rant over

 

 



Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #2 Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:14 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 15156 battles
  • 3,136
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    03-18-2012

To be honest, I hardly ever watch replays, unless they're on youtube.

Only place I can watch those replays is at home, and for some reason when I have the time to watch, I am actually playing the game and cannot be bothered to watch other people's replays :)



HeidenSieker #3 Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:02 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 10046 battles
  • 4,648
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 30 June 2017 - 09:08 AM, said:

In the 21st Century shouldn't it be easier to watch WoT replays? Like on a MOBILE PHONE ( Im pretty sure they have these in Russia too).

or not having to log in to see them. Or being able to watch them in another window or screen whilst still logged into the game.

Just make it bloody easier.

/rant over

 

I'd like to see it made easier to watch old replays. They can be broken by any patch, which reduces their value very considerably.

Homer_J #4 Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:47 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • 29,000
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 30 June 2017 - 09:08 AM, said:

 

In the 21st Century shouldn't it be easier to watch WoT replays? 

 

 

Where's the profit?

 

It's not exactly simple to create a replay player for a completely different device.  They could store the replay differently (say as a video file) but then it would take up a lot more space, waste a lot of system resources, and lose a lot of functionality.  I'm not sure wotreplays could afford the extra server space to store them so you'd have to use youtube or something to share them, WG certainly won't want to pay for the extra bandwidth and storage.



DracheimFlug #5 Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:04 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8957 battles
  • 4,033
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View PostHomer_J, on 30 June 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

 

Where's the profit?

 

It's not exactly simple to create a replay player for a completely different device.  They could store the replay differently (say as a video file) but then it would take up a lot more space, waste a lot of system resources, and lose a lot of functionality.  I'm not sure wotreplays could afford the extra server space to store them so you'd have to use youtube or something to share them, WG certainly won't want to pay for the extra bandwidth and storage.

 

They are trying to promote WoT as an eSport but make it tedious to watch matches? Seems counter-productive.

Schmeksiman #6 Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:29 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 16275 battles
  • 6,601
  • [INC] INC
  • Member since:
    03-10-2012

View PostDracheimFlug, on 30 June 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

They are trying to promote WoT as an eSport but make it tedious to watch matches? Seems counter-productive.

 

The way replay are now allows them to be very small in size and enables you to watch the replay from any perspective you want (with free camera).

Alternative approach is record them as videos which takes far more space and limits you to the perspective it was recorded from.

 

Pick whichever suits you more.



Captain_Kremen0 #7 Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:32 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 36801 battles
  • 1,267
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

View PostHomer_J, on 30 June 2017 - 04:47 PM, said:

 

Where's the profit?

 

It's not exactly simple to create a replay player for a completely different device.  They could store the replay differently (say as a video file) but then it would take up a lot more space, waste a lot of system resources, and lose a lot of functionality.  I'm not sure wotreplays could afford the extra server space to store them so you'd have to use youtube or something to share them, WG certainly won't want to pay for the extra bandwidth and storage.

 

An App maybe for android?

(iWankers  can sod off)

 



WindSplitter1 #8 Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:19 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 15455 battles
  • 2,239
  • [KROLL] KROLL
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

One thing I find annoying is that when viewing replays, you cannot transition to the game client and logon.

 

You have to get off the replay and launch the client. That sucks.



Geno1isme #9 Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:33 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 41469 battles
  • 7,205
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 30 June 2017 - 11:32 PM, said:

An App maybe for android?

 

You realize that this app would be almost as large as the regular client? How many people do you think would install such a monster app?

Emeraldweed #10 Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:53 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8722 battles
  • 849
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012
I just checked  wot replays and there is a link to a replay machine https://wotrepmachine.net .  it seems to record replays but i cant check it as i am at work




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users