Be the Fire Corrector of your team

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

AC130Pilot #1 Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:55 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15190 battles

Mostly regarding SPG players.

Use "T" (by default) to constantly (not just 1 time) mark the last known position of the enemy that you were aiming/shooting at if it has just disappeared.

Some of the active class (LT, MT, HT, TD) allies have already learned to use this information and tend to shoot directly below those 3 red arrows leading to a white line often resulting in damaging, even killing the enemy.

It is just as important if not even more important to pay attention to the markings and allied movements, so you do not interfere with the actions of your allies.

Not all SPG players shoot at the markings, so at the start of the battle write something like this: "SPGs please focus same target till it's dead for stun bonus. Mark by pressing T. Press F5 if you confirm." And most of the times F5 is pressed by allied SPGs, so just try it and watch as previously mentioned things start to happen.

Battles that start with the previously mentioned sentence "Focus. Mark. Confirm." (can be shortened to FMC) overwhelmingly end in victory (even if I'm not in an SPG when writing the FMC sentence). Who needs full SPG platoons anyway if you can have great coordination between the members of your team?

The FMC message is not meant to be taken as an order, because I would have used "must" instead of "please" if it was intended to be an order. Ask politely - anyone who understands and wants to may press F5, so I know if any coordination is going to happen. If people do not understand (language barrier/etc.) or do not want to be a part of FMC, they don't respond in any way, so it's just a regular game.

You do not have to drop everything you're doing/were going to do and try to shoot at the "T" mark even if it's across the entire map or behind a mountain/building/etc. Just use the information provided to plan your next move. Maybe you can move into a position from where the "T" mark is in your line of fire, so you are able to engage all targets that may get spotted in that location if no other targets are available at that time.

Whenever a flank gets abandoned at the start of the battle (only 1-2 allies go to standard, crucial side/location while the rest of the team goes elsewhere) and you are in SPG, go to a safe spot on the map considering main concentration of your allies, so you are protected by a live wall, and are not so vulnerable to lone scouts. When in a safe position proceed to cover those 1-2 allies, because by assisting them you add to the total of vehicles on that abandoned side, for example, 1-2 MTs/HTs/TDs/LTs + 1-3 SPGs = 2-5 tanks covering a flank, which is not as bad as 1-2. The remaining allies should be capable of rushing/defending the other side simply by the sheer number.

Edited by AC130Pilot, 05 July 2017 - 09:17 PM.

woolfie #2 Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45737 battles
I agree with your point, but random bobs are going to be random bobs no matter how easy you try to make it for them to win! I've seen me focusing on an enemy heavy tank, whittling away his hit points while continously marking him as my target, then just as I fire the final kill-shot a light tank drives in to face-hug the enemy heavy getting both splattered. Then they whine lol. At least 3 or 4 shots of mine on the same target, all marked and still they just have get close to facehug... When you see noobs facehugging an enemy heavy in their light tank that tells you all you need to know.

AliceUnchained #3 Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:08 AM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostAC130Pilot, on 30 June 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

Battles that start with the previously mentioned sentence "Focus. Mark. Confirm." (can be shortened to FMC) overwhelmingly end in victory (even if I'm not in an SPG when writing the FMC sentence). Who needs full SPG platoons anyway if you can have great coordination between the members of your team?

So why don't you use it every game then? Overwhelmingly would suggest a win rate of 70%+.... Reality is quite different. So either you're full of it and overwhelmingly is a gross exaggeration, or you don't actually do it that often. And players never ever make up numbers or exaggerate of course...

AC130Pilot #4 Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:13 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15190 battles

Thank you woolfie for pointing out another important aspect.

It is just as important if not even more important to pay attention to the markings and allied movements, so you do not interfere with the actions of your allies. I often close in on E 100s (not too close though) while driving an LTTB to outrun their turret traverse, but only when I'm not in the line of fire of my allies or no one has marked me to "Fall back" or "Attacking target".

Homer_J #5 Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:15 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

You know what really winds me up.  Those little Napoleons at the start of a battle giving out orders.

Most players won't have a clue what you are talking about.  Most of the rest already know what to do and all you do is annoy a good portion of the good players on your team.

Temid23 #6 Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 53314 battles
  • [G-STR] G-STR

That's so cool. I really hope karma will get OP there 2-3 personal clickers focusing him from the start of each battle :great:

Also OP forgot about mentioning how to choose target: XVM pick? or just the active play makers?

Capus #7 Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:24 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38741 battles

View PostAC130Pilot, on 30 June 2017 - 09:55 AM, said:

Use "T" (by default) to constantly (not just 1 time) mark the last known position of the enemy that you were aiming/shooting at if it has just disappeared.

Some of the active class (LT, MT, HT, TD) allies have already learned to use this information and tend to shoot directly below those 3 red arrows leading to a white line oftenly resulting in damaging, even killing the enemy.

Not all SPG players shoot at the markings, so at the start of the battle write something like this: "SPGs please focus same target till it's dead for stun bonus. Mark by pressing T. Press F5 if you confirm." And most of the times F5 is pressed by allied SPGs, so just try it and watch as previously mentioned things start to happen.

Lol, i only need to see you in one game and you will be muted just like all other spamclowns. I even preventatively mute anyone who makes any suggestion that he's the big general that everyone should follow, because i know they'll just go into nonsensical spam mode and get me distracted and shot.

Pls stop it. Also, keep in mind that tanks have other things to do then shoot at what you want them to shoot at. Unlike you they are also moving around, trying to secure themselves from the threat that they are facing and trying to not get shot. And there you are spamming from your ivory tower, from complete safety, probably raging that ppl aren't doing what you want them to do. Not even knowing that doing what you want them to do might get them shot up or even destroyed.

How about you shoot at what your tanks ask you to shoot at, because that hardly ever happens. Remember you are the support for the tanks, not the other way around.

Edited by Capus, 30 June 2017 - 11:26 AM.

Homer_J #8 Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:29 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCapus, on 30 June 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:

Lol, i only need to see you in one game and you will be muted just like all other spamclowns. 

Yep, I've started using the 30 second countdown to "block for this battle" anyone who pings the map more than once, types anything or activates one of those spammy "you are blocking" messages.

So much more peaceful the rest of the battle when you do that.

DuncaN_101 #9 Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:30 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53226 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
This is a thing that is being used in clan games. (sh/CW)
And that's the only place it will work as stated elsewhere.

I always "T up" my target as a force of habit left over from my first clan. And all the platoon games after (friend from the same clan knew what too look for)

But this is just a dinosaurs like me.
Random bobs don't care and never wil so no point in trying

anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #10 Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:35 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 0 battles

Teamplay from the least likely class...

Who would have thought...

gpalsson #11 Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:57 AM

General

• Player
  • 22134 battles
I have turned off chat, and mute anyone clicking the map more than once.
I just want to pewpew.

Aikl #12 Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:01 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25547 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Huh, my feeling is that when arty focuses some "random" bottom-tier they forgo anything reminiscent of situational awareness - and allows the other tanks to do their thing. 

Tempting arty to shoot me when I'm obviously the wrong target (like a VK4503 in a T9 game) has become something close to a sport for me, and fits well with my inability to sit in a bush and snipe. :trollface:

(That's right, two can play this game!)

Edited by Aikl, 30 June 2017 - 12:02 PM.

Ankara_Aatu #13 Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34516 battles
  • [RIOD] RIOD

View PostHomer_J, on 30 June 2017 - 11:15 AM, said:

You know what really winds me up.  Those little Napoleons at the start of a battle giving out orders.

Most players won't have a clue what you are talking about.  Most of the rest already know what to do and all you do is annoy a good portion of the good players on your team.

This.

A couple of times when I've been in a bad mood I have even taken it so far as to not go where I otherwise was planning to go, and which in my opinion was the correct place to go, because someone felt the need to order me to go there. I let them know this in chat and was met with insults, confirming my suspicion that they are in fact little wannabe generals that can't take it if something doesn't go exactly like they wanted.

HeidenSieker #14 Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:34 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

Some of the active class (LT, MT, HT, TD) allies have already learned to use this information and tend to shoot directly below those 3 red arrows leading to a white line oftenly resulting in damaging, even killing the enemy.

So when playing an SPG someone wants to say "ready to fire at a general area", how do they do that without other players wasting their time/opportunity/ammunition by firing at the centre of their T mark?

View PostHomer_J, on 30 June 2017 - 11:15 AM, said:

This attitude is a problem, if it refers to someone using battle chat or a map ping to make suggestions.

ZeeAa #15 Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27808 battles
  • [--P--] --P--
It's strange how few arties use the T button. I use it all the time.

HeidenSieker #16 Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:40 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 30 June 2017 - 11:29 AM, said:

Yep, I've started using the 30 second countdown to "block for this battle" anyone who pings the map more than once, types anything or activates one of those spammy "you are blocking" messages.

So much more peaceful the rest of the battle when you do that.

Do you use the battle chat at all? If so, for what?

Homer_J #17 Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHeidenSieker, on 30 June 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

This attitude is a problem, if it refers to someone using battle chat or a map ping to make suggestions.

A single map ping I have no issue with, although even that at the start of the round is at best ambiguous.

Multiple map pings are just being annoying.

And I am making a suggestion via the forum that people desist from giving orders at the start of battle, what's more I explained my reasons.

View PostHeidenSieker, on 30 June 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

Do you use the battle chat at all? If so, for what?

It can be useful later in the battle to convey information.  Such as the last known hitpoints of an enemy, or if you see an object destroyed near your corpse.

Having an automated message saying "I'm spotted" then pinging help on Himmelsdorf and you've been proxy spotted is just spam.

Edited by Homer_J, 30 June 2017 - 01:11 PM.

HeidenSieker #18 Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:11 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 30 June 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

And I am making a suggestion via the forum that people desist from giving orders at the start of battle, what's more I explained my reasons.

What "orders"? Can you quote, or approximate, any such that you have received?

Homer_J #19 Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHeidenSieker, on 30 June 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

What "orders"? Can you quote, or approximate, any such that you have received?

Do you bother reading threads or do you just join in to snipe at replies?

at the start of the battle write something like this: "SPGs please focus same target till it's dead for stun bonus. Mark by pressing T. Press F5 if you confirm.

qpranger #20 Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:16 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 32466 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I usually give joke orders and if people actually follow them ... well, this is why I don't need XVM to identify zombies from the very start of the battle. Take Abbey for instance, "All idiots to river!" is a pretty prophetic order.

Edited by qpranger, 30 June 2017 - 01:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users