Disabling chat with allies permanently due to bad teams triggering

Chat rulesviolations players Complimentssystem Triggering ban

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Should team chat be permanently disabled for players who violate the rules repeatedly? (38 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should team chat be permanently disabled for players who violate the rules repeatedly?

1. Yes (17 votes [44.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.74%

2. No (21 votes [55.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.26%

Vote Hide poll

Kicky92 #1 Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13394 battles
  • [EMRYS] EMRYS

So today marks the third time I've been given a 48hr ban from chat. 

Yes I got triggered and said something I obviously shouldn't have said, but this is not the point of this discussion. 

The point is when the teams are that bad, people inc myself get triggered at seeing some of the mindless antics of less skilled/new players absolutely ruining the game.

I've taken the decision to permanently disable chat with allies so when I get triggered, I don't go ham in chat. 

Normally the games are fine and its very rare something annoys me so much, but over recent days my wins have been as low as 18% and that's obviously annoying. 

I'm also disabling chat so I don't see what my team is saying after they've died in the first 3 mins and want to blame everyone around them. This is also very triggering. 

I have noticed that when the servers are flooded with sub-par allies, team chat goes super toxic, and thats what 'helps' trigger myself. I cant speak for other people triggers. 

I am disappointed that i will no longer be able to say things to my team that are good, such as the common 'gg' and 'wp'. 

It seems this game, like WoW's, needs a compliment system so we can compliment good players without using team chat.

We need to see improvements in the matchmakers ability to separate the wheat from the chaff, ie, skill based balance. 

Players do get more frustrated and are more likely to vent that frustration on the team when the teams are honestly that bad. 

So, I think people (inc myself) should have team chat permanently disabled after 3 violations. I personally dont want to risk my account getting deleted because of the bad teams triggering me. 

I'm an empathetic guy who doesn't want anyone to permanently lose their account.

We need a compliments system to send good players a 'gg' or something similar. 

We need the mm to balance skill or separate players by number of battles played.

If you're like me and cant keep your opinion to yourself, will you do the same and disable chat? I honestly find it more useful than getting triggered and getting banned. 

Do you agree that after a certain amount of violations, the players ability to use chat should be completely removed? 

This is food for thought and i would like to hear how you guys & girls keep calm and carry on when you see something so mindless that its just impossible to not say something.

DuncaN_101 #2 Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52744 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

Short answer... No

It's just a matter of keeping your own head straight and ignore the idiots. 

Something with fuses and something with short

Edited by DuncaN_101, 30 June 2017 - 01:19 PM.

h4ctor #3 Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16457 battles

there is already working system in the game, its called "dont get chatbanned and you can compliment players"

Junglist_ #4 Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35833 battles

You found your solution by disabling the chat yourself so I dont see the point of this tbh. I do sometimes get triggered about to open chat to spew some random toxicity but most of the time I realize it's my own fault to rely on my teammates so I don't.

Oh nevermind this is actually a skilled mm thread in disguise lol.

Git gud then then you'll win more battles and stop being triggered? 

Edit: I see you are already at 49% wr which is the server average so skilled mm would in your case change nothing at all

Edited by Junglist_, 30 June 2017 - 01:33 PM.

Kicky92 #5 Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13394 battles
  • [EMRYS] EMRYS

View PostJunglist_, on 30 June 2017 - 01:32 PM, said:

You found your solution by disabling the chat yourself so I dont see the point of this tbh. I do sometimes get triggered about to open chat to spew some random toxicity but most of the time I realize it's my own fault to rely on my teammates so I don't.

Oh nevermind this is actually a skilled mm thread in disguise lol.

Git gud then then you'll win more battles and stop being triggered? 

Edit: I see you are already at 49% wr which is the server average so skilled mm would in your case change nothing at all

The point is, if players keep violating the rules, instead of facing a perma ban on their account, they should just have their ability to chat disabled all together. Yes the option is there for you to do it yourself, but should WG step in and take it way themselves, instead of allowing people to be toxic again after the ban has been lifted - then get banned again and again and again.... 

This is not about skill mm at all, its about the toxicity of chat and identifying the causes of why people go ham in chat. 

The 'Git Gud' argument is a straw man argument. I was in the top 3 players on the losing side. My WN8 (if you care) is 911 - which is considered above average. (average last thousand games is over 1000 wn8) 

CaptainCombat #6 Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25603 battles
  • [BACKS] BACKS
I am not 100% sure of which game mode you are talking about specifically, and I do agree that some players get a temper tantrum when things go bad. But...at the end of the day, if a person wants to play this game competitive, I would suggest getting a group of friends or joining a clan and partaking in Team battles...then at least you know your team will be more or less doing the right thing.

Random battles are for everyone, that includes bad players, my dad for example has a win rate of 46% with just over 13k battles, and trust me he doesn't care what his rating is or how the game mechanics work, he just wants to get in his tank, point, and shoot. It's his way of having fun and enjoying the game, and trust me I have seen people flame at him, he doesn't care, because to him, it's just a game.

Trying to get random battles not to be random is a very hard task at hand, especially if it was meant for everyone, good and bad.
Please don't think I am trying to insult anyone or anything by typing this. 

I remember the first time I played WOT, my first line was the french heavy line, and the tank I was the most proudest of was the BDR G1B, because when I played B1, I thought all tanks are this difficult to play (For a beginner). Once we become too competitive in any game, we lose the very nature of its origin...a game.

DuncaN_101 #7 Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52744 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
Wn8 has nothing to do with the fact you can't keep your temper In control.

So yes you did the right thing by disabling chat yourself.
Now if someone else is not comming to that conclusion after being chat banned a couple of times and gets his or her account permanently banned then you can ask yourself this...

Are we really going to miss said person?

HM_Kaiser #8 Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25431 battles
I disabled chat since a long time. Reading insults, critics by 1K red players who suicided after 30 seconds and "noob team" does not interest me.

SlyMeerkat #9 Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15798 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
I believe so, definitely 

RockyRoller #10 Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29860 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

Chat with allies, rarely anything useful ever said, very occasionally sometimes something funny, best option is turning it off.

Team chat, never seen anyone chat, not ever

Skirmish chat well once you get past who is giving orders=crickets

Clan chat, some talk, some don't

Messages from strangers, turn it off as on the whole only opinions you don't need to read get sent 

Joggaman #11 Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:14 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22997 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Disable player stats in XVM, or the whole XVM thingy. Problem solved. 

Junglist_ #12 Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35833 battles

View PostKicky92, on 30 June 2017 - 12:43 PM, said:

The point is, if players keep violating the rules, instead of facing a perma ban on their account, they should just have their ability to chat disabled all together. Yes the option is there for you to do it yourself, but should WG step in and take it way themselves, instead of allowing people to be toxic again after the ban has been lifted - then get banned again and again and again.... 

This is not about skill mm at all, its about the toxicity of chat and identifying the causes of why people go ham in chat. 

The 'Git Gud' argument is a straw man argument. I was in the top 3 players on the losing side. My WN8 (if you care) is 911 - which is considered above average. (average last thousand games is over 1000 wn8) 

I don't believe people are facing a permaban for their account for bad behaviour in chat. Is that true, do you have any source?

Git gut wasn't meant as argument but a suggestion to prevent you from getting triggered. Or count to 10? :teethhappy:

Didnt know that 900 is above average that's sad but wn8 is now broken anyway

Jigabachi #13 Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostKicky92, on 30 June 2017 - 01:13 PM, said:

Do you agree that after a certain amount of violations, the players ability to use chat should be completely removed? 

Yes. In order to get a chatbanned, you have to act like a totally asocial pancake, so a permachatban would be completely ok.

And if you want to congratulate your team or do similar things, just grow up. If you don't get banned anymore, you can span geegee all day.

Kicky92 #14 Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13394 battles
  • [EMRYS] EMRYS

I agree with what DuncaN_101 said. I wouldnt miss them, or me for that matter... 

i stopped using XVM about a year ago as it did make me play tilt. Plus I know its broken, esp for light tanks. Its an ok indicator, but not perfect by far. 

I think WG should make their own version, but thats a discussion for another thread.

Apparently, if you keep violating the rules, your account will be locked, I've had it said in ticket replies. 

My point is WG should keep them banned permanently instead of lifting the ban for them (or me admittedly) being toxic ever again.

I dont think its fair to have possible years of progress (and money) lost because of getting triggered. 

This is a game, but others in chat make it seem like its their life and their insults are triggering.... I come here to relax like CaptainCombat's dad. 

And im on about Random Battles team chat only. 

Ankara_Aatu #15 Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32832 battles
  • [RIOD] RIOD
Team chat should be disabled permanently for approximately 78,22% of WoT EU population. Together with all other forms of (attempted) communication towards civilized people.

Gurat #16 Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:24 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 6773 battles
EU server: No XVM. No chat.

It's only way how i can still play :)

SABAOTH #17 Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:40 PM

Major

• Player
  • 36437 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

No. But I would like they disable the ping spam, no more than 15 in 10 seconds, if you do spam it, you get disabled for a minute or so.

That is very annoying abuse of an useful feature.

PhooBar #18 Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:16 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 18394 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Unless I'm 'tooned with a fellow Dinger...

View PostGurat, on 30 June 2017 - 06:24 PM, said:

EU server: No XVM. No chat.

It's only way how i can still play :)

This.

And I'll just leave this right here.

Edited by PhooBar, 01 July 2017 - 04:17 AM.

HunterXHunter8 #19 Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:38 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33091 battles

shitty player deserve the toxicity thrown at them, failure to take tips and get better makes them useless individuals.

i cant even see how someone with 40% winrate could have continue  having fun in this game. 

fighting_falcon93 #20 Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:33 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 29717 battles
I don't think that WG should give out chat bans at all for players that argue with each other. After all, most of the frustration in chat is generated by either players or elements in the game, and the player should have the right to abreact to that in the game, and not build up steam and then become mad at someone IRL who didn't even deserve it. Personally I prefer if someone even uses bad language but actually tells the player what the heck he did wrong rather than just shoot/push/report him.

Also tagged with Chat, rulesviolations, players, Complimentssystem, Triggering, ban

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users