About that Q/A with developers from Tankfest, some things does not make sense....

pay2win heavy WG Tankfest Q/A developers

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

marin151 #1 Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:29 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 44855 battles
  • [HOOL] HOOL

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/06/27/wot-tankfest-qa-27-06-2017/

So, a lot of you probably have seen this, but to me a lot of this does not make sense...

this turn out to be wall of text, i was suprised when i posted, sorry about that....

First about premium tanks.

They are saying that they want to change premium tanks from being worse, to being equal as standard tanks of same tier, no problems here, we all welcome it.

Now they are saying how Defender is OP but not on Russian server where it have same WR as on Europe so that confused them, and Chrysler K not so much and that goal was to make armor relevant and give OK tanks to player, not bad as before. Dose anyone remeber WG GF where Miloš and Thaine are talking how Defender is not OP, how TVP can take him out without problem, etc (also where is Miloš here, is WG PR department decided that he is bad for PR,)...

Why premiums were bad before? They say how tank at tier VIII have 150mm of armor, 250mm of pen, 1.9 sec aim time, 50 kmh top speed and 45 deg tank traverse, and reality is that tank have small zone of 150 mm armor at 0 deg angle, 250mm of pen +/-25% RNG, 3 sec aim time bc of bad dispersions on traversing turret, hull and moving, 35 kmh top speed bc of 2,3,4 ground resistance, and effective traverse of 30 deg.

All these bc of the hidden data that you can't see anywhere in game so you buy tank and it turns out it suck, and you are kicked in balls by WG. Now is the other way around and they are kicking in balls everyone who is not buying premiums.

About armor, and armor nerfs.... here is WG right, here is 50:50 on WG and players. I think about 60% players (or more) are bad at this game and they don't know how to play , so ofc they are getting outplayed by unicums in mediums, they don't know how to angle, sidscrape, go hulldown, etc...

They think that heavy tanks should bounce every shot, and you can basicly drive to enemy base, cap and just don't mind tanks taht are shooting at you. And WG have done that with Type 5 and Maus, and most stupid thing they did is how they removed frontal weekspot from them, so you must fire gold since you can't pen them or flank them, but most broken thing is Type 5, you don't need to use brain to drive that tank, you just drive in front of the enemy,  autoaim with derp gun and do 600 dmg (to heavy) every time on avg. It does not matter if i angle my armor, sidscrape or go hulldow, i take dmg every time, and if i don't fire gold i can't pen him wich just crap all over any armor in game wich was point of heavy tank rebalance, who thought of that i can descreibe with only one word, it start with I and end with T. And that amizing 260mm armor nerf on type 5.... lel... there is no heavy that can pen that unless it roll very high, even most of the mediums will strugle, and you must sit in front of him to aim (imagine that in IS7) and you can still bounce. And ofc Maus nerf is better but still joke, since is have that armor, just small dpm nerf, but gun is comparebale to T110E5 wich should be advantage of T110E5 with mobility over Maus...

Also why nerf E5 amror (i know it was OP, now is OK) same patch when buffing other heavys, that does not make sense to me, and also other heavys like E100, Pz VII, and IS7 now look like total crap.... also i must mention Tiger P wich should be tier VII super heavy (kind of) 200mm of frontal armor, cupola 80mm, shoulders 80mm, lower plate 80mm (every tier 5 can pen it). there is no way you can hide these week spots, and not to mention lack of mobility...

And last is about pay to win...

remeber when Miloš and Thaine said how WG was never and will never be Pay to Win and if you don't have time to grind credits, you buy shells for gold?! Now they are talking about of removing that option bc that is "pay to win" wich is some kind of joke?! 

According to Wikipedia WoT was always pay to win from start.

"In some multiplayer free-to-play games, players who are willing to pay for special items or downloadable content may be able to gain a significant advantage over those playing for free. Some critics of such games call them "pay-to-win" or "p2w" games. A common suggestion for avoiding pay-to-win is that payments should only be used to broaden the experience without affecting gameplay." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-to-play

Buying anything premium (shells, consumbale, premium time) is pay to win, but now it start to get even more with OP premium tanks.

Is this make sense to you? Dose it seems that WG have changed, they listen players? 

Every CC after Tankfest said how WG is honest, good, how Thaine is awesome and so honest guy... it does not seem to me...

To me it seems that WG used Tankfest as big PR campaing on that how they are so awesome, and worst thing is how they are looked  to cameras and lied to players, and now they forgot all they said before, wich sounds to like they think that we are idio....

I just want to make statmanet that i'm not insulting or giving hate speech on these guys (Thaine, Miloš and Makarov) maybe they are awesome friends, loving husbands, role model father, etc. i dont care about that, this is criticism of WG and their employees.

Edited by marin151, 30 June 2017 - 03:35 PM.

h4ctor #2 Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16457 battles

they buff tanks then they nerf tanks then they buff them again...it keeps people grinding new lines which is the ultimate goal,its same in other competetive mmos

and i dont know where that pay to win button is,i sure would like to use it

Dragonlordcv #3 Posted 30 June 2017 - 04:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23980 battles

Stop reading where MM is good..... Guess Activision fired this guy for good reasons and WG rushed to gather the trush. The result is new MM with T8 always facing T8+. Its nice to know though that there is no chance for changes and thus wallet is closed for good.

And BTW there is no P2W is only give money for WG to laugh at you on future changes.

Edited by Dragonlordcv, 30 June 2017 - 04:07 PM.

marin151 #4 Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:21 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 44855 battles
  • [HOOL] HOOL

View PostDragonlordcv, on 30 June 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

Stop reading where MM is good..... Guess Activision fired this guy for good reasons and WG rushed to gather the trush. The result is new MM with T8 always facing T8+. Its nice to know though that there is no chance for changes and thus wallet is closed for good.

And BTW there is no P2W is only give money for WG to laugh at you on future changes.

yes i did not wanted to mention that post would be waaaay to long,  and even now is to long. 

MM is obviously good, if you play tier IX and X. very awesome for you, but if you choos lower tiers... have fun....one day i started playing type 58 and Chi-Ri again and i quit very fast bc i did not liked idea fightin against tier VIII and tier IX, all that thing you get 7 tanks same tier is not working, if you by accident run into some higher tier there is chance he will just yolo you to get free dmg, sure maybe he will get destroyed, but you did nothing and get destroyed in 1st min and that just bring your frustration on even higher lvl.... als there is always chance whit sniping from redline with TDs with awesome type 58 gun....

yessuz #5 Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:15 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10486 battles

View Postmarin151, on 30 June 2017 - 03:29 PM, said:

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/06/27/wot-tankfest-qa-27-06-2017/

So, a lot of you probably have seen this, but to me a lot of this does not make sense...

this turn out to be wall of text, i was suprised when i posted, sorry about that....

First about premium tanks.

They are saying that they want to change premium tanks from being worse, to being equal as standard tanks of same tier, no problems here, we all welcome it.

Now they are saying how Defender is OP but not on Russian server where it have same WR as on Europe so that confused them, and Chrysler K not so much and that goal was to make armor relevant and give OK tanks to player, not bad as before. Dose anyone remeber WG GF where Miloš and Thaine are talking how Defender is not OP, how TVP can take him out without problem, etc (also where is Miloš here, is WG PR department decided that he is bad for PR,)...

Why premiums were bad before? They say how tank at tier VIII have 150mm of armor, 250mm of pen, 1.9 sec aim time, 50 kmh top speed and 45 deg tank traverse, and reality is that tank have small zone of 150 mm armor at 0 deg angle, 250mm of pen +/-25% RNG, 3 sec aim time bc of bad dispersions on traversing turret, hull and moving, 35 kmh top speed bc of 2,3,4 ground resistance, and effective traverse of 30 deg.

All these bc of the hidden data that you can't see anywhere in game so you buy tank and it turns out it suck, and you are kicked in balls by WG. Now is the other way around and they are kicking in balls everyone who is not buying premiums.

About armor, and armor nerfs.... here is WG right, here is 50:50 on WG and players. I think about 60% players (or more) are bad at this game and they don't know how to play , so ofc they are getting outplayed by unicums in mediums, they don't know how to angle, sidscrape, go hulldown, etc...

They think that heavy tanks should bounce every shot, and you can basicly drive to enemy base, cap and just don't mind tanks taht are shooting at you. And WG have done that with Type 5 and Maus, and most stupid thing they did is how they removed frontal weekspot from them, so you must fire gold since you can't pen them or flank them, but most broken thing is Type 5, you don't need to use brain to drive that tank, you just drive in front of the enemy,  autoaim with derp gun and do 600 dmg (to heavy) every time on avg. It does not matter if i angle my armor, sidscrape or go hulldow, i take dmg every time, and if i don't fire gold i can't pen him wich just crap all over any armor in game wich was point of heavy tank rebalance, who thought of that i can descreibe with only one word, it start with I and end with T. And that amizing 260mm armor nerf on type 5.... lel... there is no heavy that can pen that unless it roll very high, even most of the mediums will strugle, and you must sit in front of him to aim (imagine that in IS7) and you can still bounce. And ofc Maus nerf is better but still joke, since is have that armor, just small dpm nerf, but gun is comparebale to T110E5 wich should be advantage of T110E5 with mobility over Maus...

Also why nerf E5 amror (i know it was OP, now is OK) same patch when buffing other heavys, that does not make sense to me, and also other heavys like E100, Pz VII, and IS7 now look like total crap.... also i must mention Tiger P wich should be tier VII super heavy (kind of) 200mm of frontal armor, cupola 80mm, shoulders 80mm, lower plate 80mm (every tier 5 can pen it). there is no way you can hide these week spots, and not to mention lack of mobility...

And last is about pay to win...

remeber when Miloš and Thaine said how WG was never and will never be Pay to Win and if you don't have time to grind credits, you buy shells for gold?! Now they are talking about of removing that option bc that is "pay to win" wich is some kind of joke?! 

According to Wikipedia WoT was always pay to win from start.

"In some multiplayer free-to-play games, players who are willing to pay for special items or downloadable content may be able to gain a significant advantage over those playing for free. Some critics of such games call them "pay-to-win" or "p2w" games. A common suggestion for avoiding pay-to-win is that payments should only be used to broaden the experience without affecting gameplay." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-to-play

Buying anything premium (shells, consumbale, premium time) is pay to win, but now it start to get even more with OP premium tanks.

Is this make sense to you? Dose it seems that WG have changed, they listen players? 

Every CC after Tankfest said how WG is honest, good, how Thaine is awesome and so honest guy... it does not seem to me...

To me it seems that WG used Tankfest as big PR campaing on that how they are so awesome, and worst thing is how they are looked  to cameras and lied to players, and now they forgot all they said before, wich sounds to like they think that we are idio....

I just want to make statmanet that i'm not insulting or giving hate speech on these guys (Thaine, Miloš and Makarov) maybe they are awesome friends, loving husbands, role model father, etc. i dont care about that, this is criticism of WG and their employees.

can easily pen type 5 with tier 9 conqueror.

Mouse is a bit harder, but lower plate is pennable.

simples

WindSplitter1 #6 Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:18 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15937 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
Why is it that guys who post walls of text, that might actually some truth to the matter, do not bother to format their words? Makes it more enjoyable to read. Just a suggestion, OP.

BP_OMowe #7 Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:05 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24764 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostWindSplitter1, on 30 June 2017 - 09:18 PM, said:

Why is it that guys who post walls of text, that might actually some truth to the matter, do not bother to format their words? Makes it more enjoyable to read. Just a suggestion, OP.

View Postyessuz, on 30 June 2017 - 09:15 PM, said:

simples

View Posth4ctor, on 30 June 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

they buff tanks then they nerf tanks then they buff them again...it keeps people grinding new lines which is the ultimate goal,its same in other competetive mmos

and i dont know where that pay to win button is,i sure would like to use it

Which still does not explain why WG can't keep some kind of balance in their adjustments.

Pay-to-win doesn't mean you always win if you spend money, just that your chances are increased by doing so.

For instance, purchasing a licence to use the Defender instead of the TVP you ground for free.

marin151 #8 Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 44855 battles
  • [HOOL] HOOL

simples

sure i also have not problem pennig Type 5 with Conqueror i just double tap 2 key and autoaim... but today i was playing IS7 and somehow RNG thins is good idea to bounce gold on unangled type 5 front (150m range) and one round on  slightly angled maus lower plate (that was 30m range kinf fight)

Cannes76 #9 Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:25 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 66471 battles
  • [ORIGN] ORIGN

simples

Well conqueror pretty much has the best gun in the game for any tier 9 tank. Only a few TD's can beat the combination of gun handling, dpm and penetration the conqueror has.

AvalancheZ257 #10 Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3926 battles
  • [3WCST] 3WCST

simples

I don't know what your smoking, but I can't reliably penetrate a Type 4 or Type 5 anywhere from the front with my (beloved) Conqueror. And no, firing gold ammo does not count. AP only. 

http://tanks.gg/tank...nqueror&vm=live

Now if a Tier 9 heavy tank, with godly gun handling and Tier 10 levels of penetration (259mm), cannot reliably penetrate a the Type 4 (Tier 9 heavy) anywhere from the front, then something is seriously, seriously wrong. Best I can do is maneuver around the Type 4 and shoot the shoulders, or alternatively sidehug them and hope they miss instead of derping the top of my turret. 

Yes, I'm new and I just got the Conqueror not so long ago. But tanks.gg does not lie. 

Also tagged with pay2win, heavy, WG, Tankfest, Q/A, developers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users