• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

WindSplitter1 #1 Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:16 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16025 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

1 – Limit Minimap pinging.

Set a maximum ping per player, of 3, spaced at 30 seconds from the third ping to the fourth ping.

2 – Mute players whose vehicle has been knocked down.

If they are on the spectator mode, they should remain spectators. Since their contribution is over, it’s unlikely that they will have meaningful things to add.

3 – Introduce the following in-game messages, by the means of a key shortcut:

• “Thank you!”
  • “Sorry…”

These commands have been asked before and they would certainly contribute to the decrease of toxicity in the game.

4 – Increase “Battle Buddy” count to 100-150 Battles and reward players achieving this mark with a credit multiplier of x1.5 per 100th-150th battle.

To promote normal good behaviour.

5 – Increase gold conversion to credits from 1/400 to 1/500.

This is to make management easier. Not necessarily for earning credits, as an extra of 100 credits hardly makes a difference.

6 – Reduce the amount of SPGs per battle from 3 to 2.

Since the number of SPGs per battle is decreasing, this might be possible. If this is due to the Ranked Battles, then nevermind.

7 – Shift Game Mode “Stronghold” Battle Tiers from 6/8/10 to 5/7/9.

These Tiers have less premium and game breaking vehicles. Adjust profitability accordingly to prevent players from earning too much or too little, by a factor of no more than -15%/+15%.

8 – Consider reducing the damage received from premium ammunition, at up to 30%.

Using premium ammunition should be penalizing to the players who use them, while delivering the benefits they are intended to, in order to force them to resort to other tactics, shooting other parts of a target, etc. Balancing of other vehicles should take place first, however, so that premium ammunition doesn’t become too ineffective.

9 – Add concept “Researchable Consumables”

It would be nice if we could research some consumable types and have to grind them to Tier X too.

For instance, we could add grindable smoke grenades that would work like this:

The effect of smoke grenades makes a spotted vehicle disappear from the minimap and from the view of enemy tanks (like regular smoke grenades), as if had been unspotted, regardless of view range.

In other words, activating Smoke Grenades would increase the cammo value to 100%.

The higher the Tier of the smoke grenade

• The more times someone could use smoke grenades
  • The more vehicles smoke grenades could envelop
  • The more time a vehicle could remain concealed by using smoke grenades

Restrictions:

• Unavailable for SPGs and Tank Destroyers, since the former is difficult to spot and gets killed anyway and the latter typically has a high base cammo. This restriction possibly could apply too for Heavy Tanks since many of them are quite tall, it would depend on a test.
  • Ineffective at a distance of a spotted enemy at or below 100m to 200m. Meaning, they could pop smoke, but it wouldn’t get them unspotted. This way, the consumable is spent but the player does not benefit from the said bonus, thus learning or forced to learn not to use it when too near.
  • Duration: 3 seconds.
  • Time to activate: Instant.

Of course, not just these but also other stuff that was used back in the day that has a place here.

10 – Garage clock and date

Server side and local time, please.

11 – Enable swimming

On tanks that support this feature

Restrictions:

• Large maps only

12 – Recommission retired vehicles as premium vehicles.

Rebalance them taking into account recent and planned changes and include them as event sales, marathons, etc.

Vehicles such as:

• Aufklärungspanzer Panther
  • T-50-2
  • T23
  • T57 (as tank destroyer)
  • WT auf E100

13 – Enable Consumable “Removed Speed Governor” for all nations

On that’s that support this feature.

The easiest example I can give is the M18 “Hellcat”. Historically, it could reach 92km/h. But we don’t want them to reach this speed all the time, obviously. Yet, a temporary boost could be added as on Soviet vehicles where the Removed Speed Governor can be used.

That doesn’t mean the Hellcat has to drive at such speeds with this consumable on. It’s just an example of what can be done.

14 – Allow players to make their personal ratings and statistics private.

By that, I mean, let us decide whether to share our stats with:

• Everyone
  • Clan mates and friends
  • No one (only self)

Those using third party modifications in game or seeing statistics on the forum, typically resort them to view a player’s stats in order to disprove, dismiss or show a point and it represents an important source of toxicity in the community.

15 – Rework Mechanic “Spotting” (if needed)

The wiki states that “the current spotting system costs 30% of the server resources needed for a battle”. I consider this too high and though it’s none of my business and I sound arrogant to point it out, it is particularly noticeable when lighting up large tank columns. Also, the Russian wiki has stuff that ours doesn't.

16 – Improve weak spots policy.

Surface areas such as;

• Hatches, doors and ammunition case disposal ports
  • Flexible bow guns/Radio Operator gun slits
  • Hull and turret viewports (that lead to the inside of the vehicle)

Should be areas where standard rounds can penetrate them when faced directly (Id Est, not angled).

Salient viewports are exempt (For example, the Locust’s driver viewports are located above the hull. Shooting there destroys the viewport only while penetrating the driver viewports of a Pz. Kpfw IV, would make the round go through).

17 – Consider introducing the Light Tanks PT-76 and Stingray I

These should be special vehicles and not those purchasable in the Premium Shop:

• PT-76 – SH/CW/Marathon etc
  • Stingray I – Personal Missions

18 – Consider returning AP/APCR/HEAT shells for SPGs.

Unlike HE shells, that have a wide burst radius, these have none. And missing penalizes the user while allowing the target more margin of error. With these shells, players are forced to hit point targets instead of relying on splash to produce damage.

According to some comments, these seems a common “legal exploit”. With penetration shells, that is not possible.

However, that won’t save them from the increased accuracy and reload times SPGs have currently. Hence, the following values should be decreased by the following factor:

• Average Damage – -50% to -70%
  • Average Penetration – -50% to -70%

related to their old values.

19 – Introduce more map styles

This will not address the request of new maps: that has already been requested numerous times.

And while the following is easier said than done, WG seems to have gotten the hang of it, which is why it has to be explored more and take the vehicles that WG wants to introduce into account (like how Swedish Tank Destroyers are of limited value in city maps.

But I will focus on something else.

Let’s take a look at the underpass from the Paris Map:

Spoiler

Here, battles can take place in 3 spots located by the numbers.

1. Tanks below the bridge can cut the corner to attack each other
  2. A tank can hide itself behind the wall and have a better field of view against the vehicles below, further back on the “3” spot (where the enemy list appears but even further back)
  3. Tanks on bridge level fight.

So, if one of the sides earns a flank but loses the other the fight goes on. With this type of clash, there are numerous opportunities to explore armour, gun depression/elevation, heavy tanks, tank destroyers… possibilities are endless. And this is something the Paris map has that is good and should apply to others.

What I mean is that not all maps have to be in at level. There can be:

• Tunnels
  • Longer Bridges
  • Underpasses

An even better illustration of this is the Intersection 105 (some of you may know it as “Mulholland Intersection):

Spoiler

Imagine the shooting, concealment possibilities in a scenario similar to this. As players are required to check their flanks the deeper they dive in, newbies would get up to speed too.

Obviously, this, as it I am illustrating, probably has no place in World of Tanks, but the concept it carries can be explored. But as I stated, easier is said than done.

Nevertheless, I believe WG is on the right track. Videos about the Frontline show this concept being implemented.

20 – Expand options when buying newly researched vehicles.

After a vehicle has been researched and required funds acquired, the available options are the following:

Spoiler

This is insufficient if, for example, you wanted to make this A-43 a keeper or simply cannot grind more credits. You need equipment, cammo, consumables and more.

For that, we have premium tanks and gold, obviously.  But if you have both and want more value for your real life money, WG could add the following options:

• Purchase standard equipment %
  • Purchase camouflage (all map types) %
  • Purchase standard consumables or
  • Purchase premium consumables %

% = Purchasable by gold at a discounted price

Since these would be bought with gold and for the first time for that vehicle, there would be a big-but-reasonable discount.

The equipment chosen would be at WG’s sole discretion, in a “take it or leave it” fashion, meaning that the player could only select the all the equipment that is being shown or none at all.

Camouflage could be freely selected by the player.

Each of those items is selected individually, though: price simply stacks up.

Restrictions:

• Applicable only to vehicles from Tier VI onward
  • Only once per researched vehicle.
  • One Time Offer (if the player closes the prompt without acquiring anything else, the offer won’t show a second time).
  • Only available to vehicles that have been “grinded” (full combat experienced used to unlock the vehicle was earned in battle, not through free exp, modules can be free-exp’ed though).

21 – Enable Environment destruction

Bridges, Water containers, towers, some buildings… all have the potential of disabling a tank.

While a picture is worth a 1000 words, a gif is worth a 1000 pictures:

Spoiler

Pwned XD

Obviously, this would not apply to some structures, like

• Trees, they’re too soft
  • Key bridges, those would be exploited and would increase camping

EDIT:

22 - Add weather

Night time, fog, rain, etc

Edited by WindSplitter1, 30 June 2017 - 10:33 PM.

qpranger #2 Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:26 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 32524 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
So nice to see someone still thinking that WG actually cares.

WindSplitter1 #3 Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:28 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16025 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View Postqpranger, on 30 June 2017 - 09:26 PM, said:

So nice to see someone still thinking that WG actually cares.

Oh, they do. But you gotta yank the right income sources cables first.

1ncompetenc3 #4 Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36911 battles
WTF-100 as a premium tank? Really? :D

WindSplitter1 #5 Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:49 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16025 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View Post1ncompetenc3, on 30 June 2017 - 09:45 PM, said:

WTF-100 as a premium tank? Really? :D

Some "murzor" or something, at least accourding to rumours, considered something like that. It's not as much as a far cry if the vehicle is balanced. Whether or not WG does it right, is a different story...

AvalancheZ257 #6 Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:14 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3926 battles
  • [3WCST] 3WCST
About point 7... why is it that way in the first place? Now Tier X should be obvious in this scenario, but I always wondered why Tier VI and VIII tanks get Strongholds, but Tier VII and Tier IX do not. I, personally, would like to see Strongholds be available for all Tiers above Tier V.  

WindSplitter1 #7 Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:23 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16025 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostAvalancheZ257, on 30 June 2017 - 10:14 PM, said:

About point 7... why is it that way in the first place? Now Tier X should be obvious in this scenario, but I always wondered why Tier VI and VIII tanks get Strongholds, but Tier VII and Tier IX do not. I, personally, would like to see Strongholds be available for all Tiers above Tier V.  

Can't upvote. I would guess, as stated, because of premium tanks.

You can earn Tier X premium tanks and that's also to force people to grind them and to provide end-game content

Tiers VIII and VI are easy to explain: money. There are more premium vehicles, or almost as much, as normal vehicles in Tier VIII. Vi doesn't have as many but you can still buy them to skip the grind, but this is just another guess...

ellua #8 Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1160 battles
Very good and constructive topic. Some things I will see different ( aka total arty removal is IMO best option ) but mostly I agree and support author.

Edited by ellua, 04 July 2017 - 07:58 AM.

DuncaN_101 #9 Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:10 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53226 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
I've been saying all along that a dead tank shouldn't be able to communicate anymore (point 2) it works well in other games so why not here.

You got some good and a few not so good

suggestions here and points 1, 2, 3, 10, 14, and 16 should have been in the game ages ago.

mani_GGr #10 Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:29 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13947 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

This topic has some valid points, but there is a lot of bs.

- remove arta and give xp back as free xp

- rebalance all TDs with >750 alpha

About point 18 - kys :) The OP wants arta AP/HEAT back - it just strenghtens my... opinion.

Changes proposed by an average player are... average. As if your average Joe tried some high-rank government position.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users