A better kill award system?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Dkz1181 #1 Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10311 battles

Forget nerfs and buff and artys and TDs id like to see a better kill award system introduced that prevents kill stealing, lets face it we've all been there and we've all done it, but its bloody pain when you go toe to toe with a tank and get it down to a one shot kill only to have some ***** swoop in and take the kill, normally this wouldn't bother me over much UNLESS I needed said kill to complete a mission I was tryin to do...

so how about it ... awarding the kill the player that actually did most of the work as long as hes still alive ? ok you'd have to give players kill assist bonus points or something other wise they would just wait to see if the 1st guy dies then take the shot for the kill

Honestly I feel dirty stealing a kill and wont do it unless there is very little choice or the other guy is in trouble, shooting some one when their HP is like 5% is just soo nasty hell I play arty and I wont even consider wasting a shot on a low HP tank just for the kill unless there is no better target to shot at, like a nice light armoured TD or fat HP loaded hvy XD

WindSplitter1 #2 Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14345 battles
  • [RYNO] RYNO

This isn't an FPS game.

There is no kill-stealing.

What there is, is the difference between an active gun shooting your team mates and its absense. WoT is ruled mostly by raw damage. The bonus in dealing the final shot to an enemy tank is often so minimal that isn't worth the shell, except for the above reason. Not to mention how selfish that can be but in most cases, no, you do not need to feel dirty.

1ncompetenc3 #3 Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36772 battles

Mission or not, bringing the concept of kill-stealing into WoT displays a fundamental misunderstanding about WoT. Entertaining the idea of crediting the kill to someone who did not actually get the kill is nonsensical and idiotic, and one has to wonder how many times you've screwed over your team because "shooting some one when their HP is like 5% is just soo nasty".

And set OTMs to HP rather than % FFS.

malachi6 #4 Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:31 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 48655 battles

This was discussed a few days ago.  You cannot kill steal in a team based game.  The objective is to reduce the enemy as fast as possible and thereby secure the win.  

A tank with 1 HP is just as dangerous as a tank with full HP.

Edited by malachi6, 01 July 2017 - 12:32 AM.

TungstenHitman #5 Posted 01 July 2017 - 01:35 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18718 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV

I understand your point but what you propose is no realistic. First of all, contrary to some of the comments, there is most definitely kill stealing, we all know it so why some ppl pretend it is anything else really is just stupid. While most players I dare say just hit the ground running and shoot whatever they are able to shoot be it a 100% hp target or a 1% hp target, you most definitely do get certain players that are out to pinch kills be it a mindset from the very begging of the battle maybe to complete missions or a mindset that develops later on during a battle when they find themselves on 5, 7 or 9 kills but make no mistake about it, kill stealing does happen and as described it's the purposeful withholding of a shot on an enemy tank they could taken sooner with the mindset to allow another teammate take a shot or two to reduce that enemy tank to a well timed 1 shot scenario just to bag the kill and get the TopGun or Radleys or Pools.

Should a kill be rewarded to someone who hasn't actually made the kill? even though they did in some cases 99% of the damage? don't be ridiculous of course not, a kill is a kill and if you didn't actually kill the tank you didn't do it, get over it and maybe if it's that important to you or might be for a mission like kill 3 SPG or something then try to time the last shot yourself but I wouldn't really recommend it because it probably won't work out just remember you can also ram SPG in most tanks to good effect in most cases so be shooting and killing one and ram the one not looking at you hopefully leaving the one shot situation on the one you rammed and if you are lucky the third SPG gets clipped by your own team SPG leaving a nice 1 shot situation for the 3rd SPG kill even though you will forget you actually stole the kill from another yourself technically but was only from a teammate SPG which nobody will really care much about because is a clicker and clickers don't get much love or respect even though most players play an SPG from time to time so is a bit of a strange disrespect but whatever

Tidal_Force #6 Posted 01 July 2017 - 02:52 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16000 battles

View Post1ncompetenc3, on 30 June 2017 - 10:09 PM, said:

And set OTMs to HP rather than % FFS.

You want someone to use setting which actually makes makes sense? You are insane.

Jigabachi #7 Posted 01 July 2017 - 02:57 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17753 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
We had a thread about it yesterday.

There is no killstealing.
Instead of asking to fix something that doesn't need fixing at all, ask to fix missions.

/thread

Dkz1181 #8 Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:20 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10311 battles

yea some of you missed what I said there, I don't hold my shot when my team player is also below half his HP ill put shots into his target, but if his health isn't low and his target is a guaranteed one shot, THEN id and only then would I not take the shot unless as mentioned I need the kill for a mission or as you say im at 5 kills, or the other guy suddenly goes tomato and gets him self raped by the other tank.

as for your OTM mine is in HP I chose to use % purely as an example FFS ¬.¬

jabster #9 Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:59 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12516 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostDkz1181, on 01 July 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

yea some of you missed what I said there, I don't hold my shot when my team player is also below half his HP ill put shots into his target, but if his health isn't low and his target is a guaranteed one shot, THEN id and only then would I not take the shot unless as mentioned I need the kill for a mission or as you say im at 5 kills, or the other guy suddenly goes tomato and gets him self raped by the other tank.

I'm still not sure why you would do that. You might give the enemy tank another opportunity for a damaging shot or even worse retreat to a position of safety where they can then become an active gun again.

Reducing the number of enemy guns, while conserving your own, as quickly as possible is a pretty basic aim surely?

Edited by jabster, 01 July 2017 - 10:08 AM.

SirDixie #10 Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:36 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19240 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Sometimes I'll feel a moment of annoyance when someone shoots an enemy I've taken down to 1 shot health or when they decide to kill the tank who's obviously about to burn out their last health. But it doesn't last, there are bigger issues with the game and player base than someone "stealing my kill" and a dead tank isn't going to fluke a shot which explodes my ammo rack.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users