Provocation by idiots who try to get you to shoot them?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

badgerchops #1 Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 32135 battles
  • [RATS-] RATS-

I've noticed a new trend in low tier games...

I've been targeted by several players and platoons at the start of a game who try to overturn your vehicle or get you to shoot them by repeatedly pushing you.  They won't shoot you, but target you and try to provoke you into shooting them.

It's rare, but I've encountered it half a dozen times now and it ruins each game it occurs in.
I complained to WG via a support ticket after I was targeted by the same player in 2 random matches (what are the odds!), but got no "human" response, just the standard response of use the in-game complaints system.

Are you seeing this? And if you are how the hell do WG respond to this unwelcome development?

This is my first post after 25k battles, which should tell you how much this has annoyed me!

Edited by badgerchops, 30 June 2017 - 11:33 PM.

Wintermute_1 #2 Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:32 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44215 battles

"New trend"? it doesn't occur all that often thank God but its been happening since the dawn of (WoT) time, and not just in low tiers. Its probably just that you are unlucky enough to be experiencing a spell of it right now. 

Some times I get away from them if I can, sometimes if you don't move your tank they move onto someone else, if I'm in a KV2 and in a bad mood I 1 shot em' and get on with the game.... take your pick.

badgerchops #3 Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:59 AM

Private

• Player
  • 32135 battles
  • [RATS-] RATS-

Maybe I was lucky before. :-)

The temptation is to shoot 'em, but then you get banned!

Do you see any way of getting WG to tackle these idiots?

Balc0ra #4 Posted 01 July 2017 - 01:59 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66269 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

New trend? Well you were indeed lucky before.

Sadly as support said, the in-game report system is what you have to use. As if he does it often enough, and get enough reports, something might happen. But the thing is that on low tiers, most new players don't really bother with reporting, or will notice them "bothering" you to toss a report their way.

Jigabachi #5 Posted 01 July 2017 - 03:24 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Neither do many players in the higher tiers bother with reporting people.
Report them, go afk, return after 2min and hope that they got bored with you and moved away.
And if it's a whole platoon, always try to contact support. Tell them that you had an unlucky day and already used all your reports and that it would take ages to get those guys banned.
We didn't have a single bob complaining about his UC ban since at least a year, so I fear that the system is nothing but a placebo these days.

badgerchops #6 Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 32135 battles
  • [RATS-] RATS-

View PostJigabachi, on 01 July 2017 - 03:24 AM, said:

Neither do many players in the higher tiers bother with reporting people.
Report them, go afk, return after 2min and hope that they got bored with you and moved away.
And if it's a whole platoon, always try to contact support. Tell them that you had an unlucky day and already used all your reports and that it would take ages to get those guys banned.
We didn't have a single bob complaining about his UC ban since at least a year, so I fear that the system is nothing but a placebo these days.

I suspect the reporting mechanism is worthless as well.

I think the concept of going AFK for a couple of minutes is what I'll do in future - It'll stop me losing my rag if nothing else. :-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users