I'm done buying premium tanks, and here's why (Stealth nerf of Premium tanks)

Strv S1 Stealth Nerf

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

Slargmann #1 Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:27 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27584 battles
  • [FPDOX] FPDOX

Strv S1 is a fun tank, and I use it as a crew trainer for the Swedish TD line.

When i bought it (9.17.1):

In siege mode :

Tank traverse : 36.50

Terrain resistance : soft 1.53 hard 0.77

Now (9.19):

In siege mode :

Tank traverse : 25.76

Terrain resistance : soft 2.49 hard 1.34

This change was done without any notifications in the patch notes, and it changes dramatically the way the Strv S1 plays.

Extremely poor form to make this substantial a change.

Anyone who considers buying Strv S1 should really avoid it until they've restored it.

Edited by Slargmann, 03 July 2017 - 01:42 PM.

wsatnutter #2 Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:32 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 24959 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
I see what you are saying .can you not adapt as I can't see a reverse coming soon 

JuliusCheddar #3 Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29774 battles
  • [3BPAN] 3BPAN
Tanks.gg indeed shows different values, but silent nerfing is quite a heavy accusation and you may want to ensure it's not a typo 

Edited by JuliusCheddar, 01 July 2017 - 04:36 PM.

Slargmann #4 Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:40 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27584 battles
  • [FPDOX] FPDOX

View PostJuliusCheddar, on 01 July 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

Tanks.gg indeed shows different values, but silent nerfing is quite a heavy accusation and you may want to ensure it's not a typo 

Strange how I've seen a mysterious drop in performance around the release of 9.19 and how it's gone from one plateau to another, eh? :playing:

marin151 #5 Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:45 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 44955 battles
  • [HOOL] HOOL

there is no silent nerfing of tanks, especialy premiums, it would be all over the froums and youtube and they would be breaking the law...

Problem is with WG they show some random stats in game like 1.9 sec aimtime, 50 kmh speed, 200mm of armor, 45 deg traverse, but then you buy tank and notice that tank actually cant go over 35 kmh on flat bc of 2,3,4 ground resistance, slow to travers bc effective travers is 35 deg per sec, 200mm of armor is just small unangled zone on front, and it takes 3 sec to aim gun when you turn turret or move bc of the bad dispersion of moving and turning turret.... there is your problem, hidden stats that wg dont show anywhere... why is this not false advertising?

EDIT: i just wen to tanks.gg and chek it out, i think that is some problem with tanks.gg bc it is same with all siege mode tanks and yes i remeber they were actually better to travers in siege mode, but again do you notice that tank is turning slower?

Edited by marin151, 01 July 2017 - 04:50 PM.

Cobra6 #6 Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostSlargmann, on 01 July 2017 - 03:40 PM, said:

Strange how I've seen a mysterious drop in performance around the release of 9.19 and how it's gone from one plateau to another, eh? :playing:

Yeah that is a bit dodgy how that happens, but then again Wargaming changes areas of maps all the time without putting it in the patchnotes and they've recently started nerfing the penetration drop-off as well without putting it in the patch notes (a large selection of guns now has less penetration at range), so I'm not surprised.

For gun changes, see either Rita blog or Armored Patrol, they had a reddit link, can't remember which one it was.

Cobra 6

JuliusCheddar #7 Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29774 battles
  • [3BPAN] 3BPAN

View PostSlargmann, on 01 July 2017 - 04:40 PM, said:

Observation bias. You had very high win ratio in it compared to your overall, the more games you played the faster it evened out. I bought T54 mod 1 when I was a 49%er or so and had 60%+ WR for some time. Later on it obviously went down. 

Also, silent nerfing of premium is way more serious matter than you present it to be. If present, Fochgate would be nothing compared to such a PR disaster. 

Slargmann #8 Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:04 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27584 battles
  • [FPDOX] FPDOX

I don't know what the WG policy on copying statements made from replies to tickets so I will not do that here since I'd rather not lose my account.

However, I just took the tank for a spin and I see no noticable difference between making a 180 degree turn in siegemode and outside siegemode, so I would expect the stats listed in tanks.gg are correct and that the tanks was stealth nerfed.

I'm a complete noob at making videos but perhaps a replay would suffice as evidence?

View Postmarin151, on 01 July 2017 - 03:45 PM, said:

there is no silent nerfing of tanks, especialy premiums, it would be all over the froums and youtube and they would be breaking the law...

Problem is with WG they show some random stats in game like 1.9 sec aimtime, 50 kmh speed, 200mm of armor, 45 deg traverse, but then you buy tank and notice that tank actually cant go over 35 kmh on flat bc of 2,3,4 ground resistance, slow to travers bc effective travers is 35 deg per sec, 200mm of armor is just small unangled zone on front, and it takes 3 sec to aim gun when you turn turret or move bc of the bad dispersion of moving and turning turret.... there is your problem, hidden stats that wg dont show anywhere... why is this not false advertising?

EDIT: i just wen to tanks.gg and chek it out, i think that is some problem with tanks.gg bc it is same with all siege mode tanks and yes i remeber they were actually better to travers in siege mode, but again do you notice that tank is turning slower?

Yes. There's no difference in traverse speed between siege mode on or off now.

If tanks.gg is wrong, that means it's wrong for 9.17 stats, and not for 9.19 since 9.17 lists traverse as higher in siege mode, which is definitely not the case now.

I had noticed that it felt more sluggish in siege mode, but I thought it was just in my head.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but it looks like I'm not.

JuliusCheddar #9 Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29774 battles
  • [3BPAN] 3BPAN

View PostSlargmann, on 01 July 2017 - 05:11 PM, said:

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but it looks like I'm not.

Hopefully you are. 

If not, we have a serious problem. 

I_DiD_ #10 Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1462 battles
  • [PGGY] PGGY

I bought this tank because i wan't to start the only tanks left on whole WoT tech tree, cus i need crew trainer.

And man, this is one of s**** tank in game.

A TD which can't be played without siege mode is very bad. It doesn't have alpha, armor or high dpm.

Only advantage is shell velocity,cammo and pen. But TD which need to hug redline is also inaccurate with high pen drop APCR shells.

And also the maps make this tank useless in 99% of situations. 

Edited by I_DiD_, 01 July 2017 - 05:40 PM.

Slargmann #11 Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:40 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27584 battles
  • [FPDOX] FPDOX

As far as I can tell, it's actually against the rules to post responses for Support Tickets, so I guess I can't actually say what their response was.

Suffice to say, though, that I am absolutely certain that they did stealth nerf it, and anyone who's interested can watch the review videos from around release 9.17 which clearly indicate faster traverse in siege mode.

Isharial #12 Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:41 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19826 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSlargmann, on 01 July 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

In siege mode :

Now (9.19):

In siege mode :

This change was done without any notifications in the patch notes, and it changes dramatically the way the Strv S1 plays.

Anyone who considers buying Strv S1 should really avoid it until they've restored it.

now im not calling you a liar or anything but.. are you sure its what you see?

if WG had nerfed it, and it really was true, why has there been no huge debate about it? I mean, this would blow up more than the issue over foch did

the super pershing was nerfed once, and look how that went... I doubt WG would be silly enough to try this now without some serious answers, as a lot of players are out looking for anything like this to spark a debate again

I doubt they'd risk it to stealth nerf this

are you sure that you haven't done something, like changed a crew member by accident, reset their skills or anything? or that your actually engaging siege mode?

easy things to "forget", and that can make you look abit of an *Edited when you do finally find out, it wasn't nerfed at all :P

EDIT: now if WG really did nerf it.. well that's just *Edited of them, and it will eventually blow up in their faces, but I kind of hope it isn't that, because that would be a whole new level of fail

Edited by Nohe21, 02 July 2017 - 08:51 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Slargmann #13 Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:45 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27584 battles
  • [FPDOX] FPDOX

View PostIsharial, on 01 July 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

if WG had nerfed it, and it really was true, why has there been no huge debate about it? I mean, this would blow up more than the issue over foch did

the super pershing was nerfed once, and look how that went... I doubt WG would be silly enough to try this now without some serious answers, as a lot of players are out looking for anything like this to spark a debate again

are you sure that you haven't done something, like changed a crew member by accident, reset their skills or anything? or that your actually engaging siege mode?

easy things to "forget", and that can make you look abit of an idiot when you do finally find out, it wasn't nerfed at all :P

No, I am pretty sure none of the reasons for slow traverse you listed are the case here.

Anyone who has S1 can easily observe that there's zero difference in traverse speed between siege and not-siege right now as of 9.19.

The only question up for debate is whether there ever was a difference between siege and not-siege as is indicated by tanks.gg.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #14 Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:54 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29241 battles
We're going to need a little more proof than 'you think so' and some figures from a third party website that may or may not be accurate.

Blubba #15 Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53644 battles
  • [_GNR_] _GNR_

View PostCobra6, on 01 July 2017 - 03:47 PM, said:

Yeah that is a bit dodgy how that happens, but then again Wargaming changes areas of maps all the time without putting it in the patchnotes and they've recently started nerfing the penetration drop-off as well without putting it in the patch notes (a large selection of guns now has less penetration at range), so I'm not surprised.

For gun changes, see either Rita blog or Armored Patrol, they had a reddit link, can't remember which one it was.

Cobra 6

Well yes but maps aren't paid for so is there a comparison to be had I wonder.

Guns however, purely for information sake, which premium ones were nerfed?

Slargmann #16 Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:16 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27584 battles
  • [FPDOX] FPDOX
I went ahead and asked the guys at tanks.gg and the stats are pulled from the client. Ergo, there's no mistake. They nerfed it and declined to inform us.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #17 Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:34 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29241 battles
If you can actually prove it then you should get onto the big YouTubers, Jingles/QB/etc and get them to kick up a *Edited storm as that's out of order on Superpershing scale. If you can prove it of course.

Edited by Nohe21, 02 July 2017 - 08:53 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

DracheimFlug #18 Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:35 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

Where in Tanks.gg is a separate listing for siege mode?

Edit:  Found it. Tanks.gg has the stats from prior patches too, and the stats it is showing the Strv S1 for 9.17.1. Yes, according to Tanks.gg it has indeed been nerfed.

Edited by DracheimFlug, 01 July 2017 - 09:42 PM.

juicyfruity #19 Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10561 battles

View PostIsharial, on 01 July 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

easy things to "forget", and that can make you look abit of an idiot when you do finally find out, it wasn't nerfed at all :P

EDIT: now if WG really did nerf it.. well that's just stupid of them, and it will eventually blow up in their faces, but I kind of hope it isn't that, because that would be a whole new level of fail

Maybe this is the start of the big debate..

Dundato #20 Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26318 battles

View PostSlargmann, on 01 July 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

In siege mode :

Now (9.19):

In siege mode :

yea ok

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users