I'm done buying premium tanks, and here's why (Stealth nerf of Premium tanks)

Strv S1 Stealth Nerf

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

PaganWatcher #181 Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:43 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19678 battles
  • [-TTK-] -TTK-

View PostLaManche, on 03 July 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

In siege mode, not in travel mode @PaganWatcher!

50/50

I could be site bug only. or maybe not??? 

thiextar #182 Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15549 battles

View PostPaganWatcher, on 04 July 2017 - 12:43 PM, said:

50/50

I could be site bug only. or maybe not??? 

The guy i talked to said that it was unlikely to be a site bug since tanks.gg pulls the data directly from the game, but they are gonna verify it anyways.

IRSanchez #183 Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 69000 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

View Postbrumbarr, on 04 July 2017 - 11:54 AM, said:

My stb1: 

Posted Image

VR: 461

reload: 6,33

Tanks.gg:

Posted Image

Reload: 6,24

VR: 457

My wz1321:

Posted Image

Reload: 8,65

VR: 497

Tanks.gg:

Posted Image

Reload: 8,54

VR:  485

I can do this for all tanks,  but basicly the reload and VR are always off and it becomes worse the more equipment you stack.

Thanks for sharing. Something is definitely fooked up. I rechecked some other tanks on my own and the results (disaparities) are similiar. Hopefully the error is on tanks.gg part :P

Edited by IRSanchez, 04 July 2017 - 01:21 PM.

brumbarr #184 Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48511 battles
  • [JBAIT] JBAIT

View PostIRSanchez, on 04 July 2017 - 01:05 PM, said:

Thanks for sharing. Something is definitely fooked up. Hopefully it's on tanks.gg part :P

it actually used to be correct , but then they updated to a new website and now its not anymore.

thiextar #185 Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15549 battles

Guys, this is kinda embarassing, but ehh, it wasnt a stealth nerf to traverse in siege mode.... It was a stealth buff to traverse in travel mode.... Thats why we all felt the tank was slower in siegemode, cause its actually just faster in travel mode.

Heres my test data: the value of 25,76 comes from s1 traverse speed in siege mode on hard terrain on tanks.gg

Something is off with the data on tanks.gg aswell.

Edited by thiextar, 04 July 2017 - 02:27 PM.

imendars #186 Posted 04 July 2017 - 02:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15971 battles

View Postthiextar, on 04 July 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

Guys, this is kinda embarassing, but ehh, it wasnt a stealth nerf to traverse in siege mode.... It was a stealth buff to traverse in travel mode.... Thats why we all felt the tank was slower in siegemode, cause its actually just faster in travel mode.

Heres my test data: the value of 25,76 comes from s1 traverse speed in siege mode on hard terrain on tanks.gg

Something is off with the data on tanks.gg aswell.

If what you say is true than i hope they wont *FIX* this *problem*.

thiextar #187 Posted 04 July 2017 - 02:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15549 battles

View Postimendars, on 04 July 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

If what you say is true than i hope they wont *FIX* this *problem*.

Ikr, but at the same time, this kinda thinking in general is what causes the whole powercreep thing.

Edited by thiextar, 04 July 2017 - 02:48 PM.

XKeyscore #188 Posted 04 July 2017 - 03:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 791 battles

View PostEmeraldweed, on 03 July 2017 - 08:05 PM, said:

Vid up https://www.youtube....h?v=AlPWMdgqUQ0

Please note it's Slargmann's replay not mine i just brought it to youtube as requested

Inb4 copyright strike :hiding:

TheTankGarage #189 Posted 04 July 2017 - 03:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9266 battles

My winrate have gone down as well. Not because stealth nerfs but because you don't get the guaranteed top tier every 3rd game as you used to. 60 games in Tiger II and been top 3 times. 3 is less than 20+. I've been so triggered since the patch I'm currently enjoying 24h bans on two accounts. I can't help but just rage after playing 30 games and 27 of them being over before I've even fired my gun. Battles lost within 2 minutes and rarely last longer than 4 anymore. Unbearable how *Edited the new MM is. If the old MM was an abusive relationship, the new one is a concentration camp.

"When you're in hell, the only thing you can do is to pull everyone down with you"

Edited by Nohe21, 05 July 2017 - 01:59 PM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Kandly #190 Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:33 PM

Player

• Player
  • 1020 battles
Hi guys!

Some clarifications regarding this: In order to display the information, we're using the files in the game client, in which we put a number of values that pertain to vehicles.
As you know, in update 9.17 we introduced a new mechanic for some of the Swedish line tanks: Siege Mode. For these tanks, we have created an additional (secondary) file in order to adjust the Siege Mode's settings. The game client uses a number of settings from that file, which are only connected to the Siege Mode. The client uses all other settings - only from the main file.
With the Strv S1, we have put a number of parameters into the secondary file, bearing arbitrary values from the main one - and because these parameters do not influence anything when in the file, we weren't able to quickly remove them from it.
These are the parameters we are talking about: 
Ground Resistance
Braking Power
Hull Rotation Speed

Because of this, third-party services displayed incorrect parameters of the Strv S1 starting with the release of the vehicle in update 9.17.1, which was caused by the aforementioned arbitrary values in the secondary file. That being said, the game client was nevertheless displaying the correct characteristics.
In update 9.19, we have finally removed the troublesome parameters from the secondary file. As a result, third-party applications started correctly displaying the real values.

To conclude, the above parameters of the Strv S1 haven't changed since the release of the vehicle. 
For correct comparison of this vehicle: Compare Siege Mode with Siege Mode values, and Travel Mode with Travel Mode values.  

Regarding the time of switch from Travel to Siege Mode: 
From the release of the vehicle in update 9.17.1, the switch time from Travel to Siege Mode was displayed as 1.25 in the Garage, while you could see a more precise 1.3 while in battle. In update 9.19, we decided to fix this discrepancy, but unfortunately did not inform you about it.

Thanks for being attentive to detail and your prompt feedback! :great:

Cheers :girl:

gpalsson #191 Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:56 PM

General

• Player
  • 26005 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postbrumbarr, on 04 July 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

My stb1: 

Posted Image

VR: 461

reload: 6,33

Tanks.gg:

Posted Image

Reload: 6,24

VR: 457

My wz1321:

Posted Image

Reload: 8,65

VR: 497

Tanks.gg:

Posted Image

Reload: 8,54

VR:  485

I can do this for all tanks,  but basicly the reload and VR are always off and it becomes worse the more equipment you stack.

Have you added the crew perks and such? 

LaManche #192 Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23983 battles
  • [_HER_] _HER_

Wanted to stay ahead of the game so I wrote a refund letter. :teethhappy:

Well... since apparently no ninja nerf happened... now I can put the binos, camo and the rammer back on and camp some bush! 

thiextar #193 Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15549 battles

View PostKandly, on 04 July 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

Hi guys!

Some clarifications regarding this: In order to display the information, we're using the files in the game client, in which we put a number of values that pertain to vehicles.
As you know, in update 9.17 we introduced a new mechanic for some of the Swedish line tanks: Siege Mode. For these tanks, we have created an additional (secondary) file in order to adjust the Siege Mode's settings. The game client uses a number of settings from that file, which are only connected to the Siege Mode. The client uses all other settings - only from the main file.
With the Strv S1, we have put a number of parameters into the secondary file, bearing arbitrary values from the main one - and because these parameters do not influence anything when in the file, we weren't able to quickly remove them from it.
Ground Resistance
Braking Power
Hull Rotation Speed

Because of this, third-party services displayed incorrect parameters of the Strv S1 starting with the release of the vehicle in update 9.17.1, which was caused by the aforementioned arbitrary values in the secondary file. That being said, the game client was nevertheless displaying the correct characteristics.
In update 9.19, we have finally removed the troublesome parameters from the secondary file. As a result, third-party applications started correctly displaying the real values.

To conclude, the above parameters of the Strv S1 haven't changed since the release of the vehicle. 
For correct comparison of this vehicle: Compare Siege Mode with Siege Mode values, and Travel Mode with Travel Mode values.  

From the release of the vehicle in update 9.17.1, the switch time from Travel to Siege Mode was displayed as 1.25 in the Garage, while you could see a more precise 1.3 while in battle. In update 9.19, we decided to fix this discrepancy, but unfortunately did not inform you about it.

Okay, but on tanks.gg it is still displayed to be 25,76 degrees/second on hard terrain while (Based on me running 10 consecutive tests both in and out of siegemode) it is in actuality around 35-36 degrees/second, This is based on counting the time it takes to do one complete circle, which would be 360 degrees, and then dividing those 360 degrees with the amount of time it took ( approx 10 sec) Traverse speed in game indicates 29 ish degrees a second, which would still be wrong

Edited by thiextar, 04 July 2017 - 08:18 PM.

brumbarr #194 Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:48 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48511 battles
  • [JBAIT] JBAIT

View Postthiextar, on 04 July 2017 - 08:16 PM, said:

Okay, but on tanks.gg it is still displayed to be 25,76 degrees/second on hard terrain while (Based on me running 10 consecutive tests both in and out of siegemode) it is in actuality around 35-36 degrees/second, This is based on counting the time it takes to do one complete circle, which would be 360 degrees, and then dividing those 360 degrees with the amount of time it took ( approx 10 sec) Traverse speed in game indicates 29 ish degrees a second, which would still be wrong

Traverse is dependent on multiple factors, it rarely is the exact value. What does it show in the client? 

EnglishBob_ #195 Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:53 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 583 battles

View PostKandly, on 04 July 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

Hi guys!

Ground Resistance
Braking Power
Hull Rotation Speed

​Well I'll keep my tin foil hat tightly on .. I am not sure I follow the explanation ... 9.17 ... two files 1. for Travel mode 1. for Siege mode ..... 9.19 kapow 1 file for both Travel and Siege mode ... sorry I failed at Grammar / English.      So what parameters were Tank.gg reading .....  :confused:       :honoring:

Yaccay #196 Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:13 AM

Major

• Player
  • 40762 battles
  • [4TL] 4TL

WG should nerf premium tanks (and regular tanks) as necessary for GAME BALANCE. 

On the other hand, WG  will NEVER nerf premium tanks. 

So calm down, you are safe. 

_Hakkapeliitta_ #197 Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:16 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 54575 battles
  • [EPLI] EPLI

View Postmarin151, on 01 July 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

there is no silent nerfing of tanks, especialy premiums, it would be all over the froums and youtube and they would be breaking the law...

Problem is with WG they show some random stats in game like 1.9 sec aimtime, 50 kmh speed, 200mm of armor, 45 deg traverse, but then you buy tank and notice that tank actually cant go over 35 kmh on flat bc of 2,3,4 ground resistance, slow to travers bc effective travers is 35 deg per sec, 200mm of armor is just small unangled zone on front, and it takes 3 sec to aim gun when you turn turret or move bc of the bad dispersion of moving and turning turret.... there is your problem, hidden stats that wg dont show anywhere... why is this not false advertising?

EDIT: i just wen to tanks.gg and chek it out, i think that is some problem with tanks.gg bc it is same with all siege mode tanks and yes i remeber they were actually better to travers in siege mode, but again do you notice that tank is turning slower?

[edited]please, they try to do it sometime ago all so to E25 but get busted, on E25 case they nerf shell velocity and i think that tehy did not restore it compeletly.....

ironz #198 Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:56 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21659 battles
so apparently Russians have started talking about this as well. When asked to clarify the situation, WG promised to get back with an official response to the "stealth nerfs". I still dont see any offical response so far as the one a few posts up sounds really really *Edited.... It's like saying when you are caught stealing" I did not steal your wallet, it was mine so I just took it out of your pocket and put into mine".

Edited by Nohe21, 05 July 2017 - 02:02 PM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

imendars #199 Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15971 battles

View Postironz, on 05 July 2017 - 09:56 AM, said:

so apparently Russians have started talking about this as well. When asked to clarify the situation, WG promised to get back with an official response to the "stealth nerfs". I still dont see any offical response so far as the one a few posts up sounds really really crappy.... It's like saying when you are caught stealing" I did not steal your wallet, it was mine so I just took it out of your pocket and put into mine".

*Edited

They told that they gave wrong information to sites like tanks.gg and now they send them real info.

They not gona buff traverse speed for you if this is what you hoping for. :trollface:

Edited by Nohe21, 05 July 2017 - 02:07 PM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to disrespectful comments.

FriendlyRussianBunny #200 Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:07 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 45158 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostYaccay, on 05 July 2017 - 06:13 AM, said:

WG should nerf premium tanks (and regular tanks) as necessary for GAME BALANCE. 

On the other hand, WG  will NEVER nerf premium tanks. 

So calm down, you are safe. 

Type 59, Superpershing, Income of Premium Tanks: they were all nerfed.

On the other hand they buffed some.

It would not be bad if they would be transparent, nobody raged about buffs after all. They could assign some sort of performance score to premiums reflecting the price of the product, then rebalance withing the same values when something needs to. :coin:

Eg. Performance Score of Defender is 18.000 Performance score of T 54 prot is 1800.

But it would not sell tanks that are comparable price if some score would indicate how much they suck or what's the best one, as in the example above. :P

(if you think about we already have that in the garage: surv, mobility, firepower, etc.)

Edited by SABAOTH, 05 July 2017 - 08:08 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users