nurfing needed

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

RockyRoller #1 Posted 01 July 2017 - 07:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28259 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

Seriously, getting ammo racked, de tracked, engine smashed, turret wreaked at what seems 100% of the time by some players over the weekend is ruining the game far as I'm concerned.

Now if they were cheating then please records and scan some players logs now and then to see if it looks like a naughty mod are involved by the alarmingly high results of items getting trashed. Then warn once twice then ban hammer.

Or if they ain't, then FFS tune the % down a bit.

A 100% modular destruction per shot is far too high and should be bloody impossible at very long range!

Snake_Keeper #2 Posted 01 July 2017 - 07:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8383 battles

For a player to increase chances of module destruction...they'd have to hack the servers.

How likely you think that is for the average 12 year old? How likely you think it is some cheat developer is going to spend great amount of time needed for that when they can make the quick buck with a simple aimbot?

Isharial #3 Posted 01 July 2017 - 07:34 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18312 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRockyRoller, on 01 July 2017 - 07:26 PM, said:

Seriously, getting ammo racked, de tracked, engine smashed, turret wreaked at what seems 100% of the time by some players over the weekend is ruining the game far as I'm concerned.

Now if they were cheating then please records and scan some players logs now and then to see if it looks like a naughty mod are involved by the alarmingly high results of items getting trashed. Then warn once twice then ban hammer.

A 100% modular destruction per shot is far too high and should be bloody impossible at very long range!

this post just shows how little you actually bothered to read about the game

the whole system about module damage, is completely dependent on the tank your driving, the equipment you have, and the calibre/damage of the gun that hit you, large calibre guns, such as the BL-10's fitted to the ISU and 704, have a higher chance of dealing damage, and breaking modules

I believe it is something like 33%? chance of damaging a module, and only a portion of your shells damage is used for the module, so, you can hit a module with a Cromwell's alpha, but you may not even damage or break the module (ie make it orange or red) with just 1 shell, but a 704 may destroy the module (make it red) in 1 shell, as a higher alpha relates to a higher portion of damage being used against modules

with the higher alpha guns rolling around, specially at T8+, you may notice it on weaker vehicles, such as lights, but the actual system has never changed, you just got unlucky with a few hits

if someone hacked that, it would change for all players, and thus wouldn't be much of a hack anymore...

what on earth does range have to do with anything?

Jigabachi #4 Posted 01 July 2017 - 07:38 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17746 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRockyRoller, on 01 July 2017 - 07:26 PM, said:

at what seems 100% of the time

...and what would turn out to be <50% in reality, if you'd actually have bothered to watch some of your own replays before starting this thread...

BravelyRanAway #5 Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:02 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22194 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
What's a 'nurfing'?

wsatnutter #6 Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:06 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 23981 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 01 July 2017 - 07:02 PM, said:

What's a 'nurfing'?

its the opposite of a turfing but that involves sods

RockyRoller #7 Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28259 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

View PostSnake_Keeper, on 01 July 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

For a player to increase chances of module destruction...they'd have to hack the servers.

How likely you think that is for the average 12 year old? How likely you think it is some cheat developer is going to spend great amount of time needed for that when they can make the quick buck with a simple aimbot?

No, that isn't true at all.

All they need is either a map of targets to hit modded onto the red side and maybe an auto aim that locates them. Then all you need is a crew at 100% and bonus. all that about server hacking is a smokescreen all the server does is hit - miss - dispersion calculations that decrease as a crew % improves. It can all be done client side, but once done it makes the game stupid.

How likely a 12 year old would, with near certainty the way teaching morality flew out the window at schools and so file sharing and hacks becoming accepted by young peers.

RockyRoller #8 Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28259 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 01 July 2017 - 07:02 PM, said:

What's a 'nurfing'?

It is one of these

with U in it

Isharial #9 Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:12 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18312 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRockyRoller, on 01 July 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

No, that isn't true at all.

All they need is either a map of targets to hit modded onto the red side and maybe an auto aim that locates them. Then all you need is a crew at 100% and bonus. all that about server hacking is a smokescreen all the server does is hit - miss - dispersion calculations that decrease as a crew % improves. It can all be done client side, but once done it makes the game stupid.

How likely a 12 year old would, with near certainty the way teaching morality flew out the window at schools and so file sharing and hacks becoming accepted by young peers.

your crew, and a hit skin wont make you critical someone more.... its still limited to the 30% chance and your alpha's ability to damage a module... changing those... it cant be done client side

BravelyRanAway #10 Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:42 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22194 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostRockyRoller, on 01 July 2017 - 07:08 PM, said:

It is one of these

with U in it

So....even your keyboard is a challenge. :trollface:

Isharial #11 Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:07 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18312 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 01 July 2017 - 08:42 PM, said:

So....even your keyboard is a challenge. :trollface:

probably hit it with that hammer :hiding:

RockyRoller #12 Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28259 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

View PostIsharial, on 01 July 2017 - 06:34 PM, said:

this post just shows how little you actually bothered to read about the game

the whole system about module damage, is completely dependent on the tank your driving, the equipment you have, and the calibre/damage of the gun that hit you, large calibre guns, such as the BL-10's fitted to the ISU and 704, have a higher chance of dealing damage, and breaking modules

I believe it is something like 33%? chance of damaging a module, and only a portion of your shells damage is used for the module, so, you can hit a module with a Cromwell's alpha, but you may not even damage or break the module (ie make it orange or red) with just 1 shell, but a 704 may destroy the module (make it red) in 1 shell, as a higher alpha relates to a higher portion of damage being used against modules

with the higher alpha guns rolling around, specially at T8+, you may notice it on weaker vehicles, such as lights, but the actual system has never changed, you just got unlucky with a few hits

if someone hacked that, it would change for all players, and thus wouldn't be much of a hack anymore...

what on earth does range have to do with anything?

in a normal week, I'd go as far and say its lower than 33%. But the weekend it goes nuts. That is abnormal as it is either saying a super larger than normal players log in these times, or a few more cheats tipping the odds so they become a bit more obvious. There is a third option in other games I have heard of, the to hit probability gets turned up deliberately for enjoyment.

range means you get a smaller area to eyeball and aim at then hit

what why I posted was a whole hour of battles when I'd be stupid and look for targets and instantly be hit, modular damaged by one tank, then maybe a second or the first tank again. Ammo ranking or de tracking the most likely, so one of these areas are aimed at. The discrepancy for me is the exposure time is less than a second, any longer I'd say my bad luck and not post. But you tell me how fast can you aim then hit a small area? under a second? instantly? a moving target? to me its stinky fishy and either WG increasing the odds at the weekend or.... but not The Batman taking up WoT between cape defending.

RockyRoller #13 Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28259 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

View PostIsharial, on 01 July 2017 - 07:12 PM, said:

your crew, and a hit skin wont make you critical someone more.... its still limited to the 30% chance and your alpha's ability to damage a module... changing those... it cant be done client side

then its way above 30% at those hours. I am talking every first hit for an hour of battles before posting getting mod damaged on the first hit by any tank that sees me first. Even by your 30% stats there its next to impossible, and I'd be used to it during the week to not notice it at the weekend only.

I don't mind saying I am a below average player, its true, but I don't believe that super human mutants are playing WoT either

Cannes76 #14 Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 62447 battles
  • [3V] 3V
Imho the inherent saving throw that modules and crew have should be reduced now that repair/medkits are reuseable.

RockyRoller #15 Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28259 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

View PostIsharial, on 01 July 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

probably hit it with that hammer :hiding:

I don't know why I think it is spelled with a 'U'.

Maybe it was the toy gun Nurf that influenced the SNL advert which had the nerf hammer that GameSpy Fargo promoted in his Forum chats and now I can't shake it from memory?

YT removed the hammer skit years ago after it became a famous meme or I would have linked it.

gpalsson #16 Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:30 PM

General

• Player
  • 22107 battles

Damn those hackzors and their module damaging hacks.

And if that shake wasn't enough:

Edited by gpalsson, 01 July 2017 - 10:33 PM.

jabster #17 Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:25 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12516 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostRockyRoller, on 01 July 2017 - 08:47 PM, said:

in a normal week, I'd go as far and say its lower than 33%. But the weekend it goes nuts. That is abnormal as it is either saying a super larger than normal players log in these times, or a few more cheats tipping the odds so they become a bit more obvious. There is a third option in other games I have heard of, the to hit probability gets turned up deliberately for enjoyment.

range means you get a smaller area to eyeball and aim at then hit

what why I posted was a whole hour of battles when I'd be stupid and look for targets and instantly be hit, modular damaged by one tank, then maybe a second or the first tank again. Ammo ranking or de tracking the most likely, so one of these areas are aimed at. The discrepancy for me is the exposure time is less than a second, any longer I'd say my bad luck and not post. But you tell me how fast can you aim then hit a small area? under a second? instantly? a moving target? to me its stinky fishy and either WG increasing the odds at the weekend or.... but not The Batman taking up WoT between cape defending.

You forgot the last, and most obvious, option of confirmation bias. It seems pretty clear that you have no real idea of how often you might expect it to happen or indeed how often it actually happens. How can you therefore claim anything?

To be horribly blunt, and without trying to be rude, your posts just come across as yet another player who has a mis-match between how skilled they think they are and how skilled they actually are. The result being it can't be you so it must be other players cheating.

PowJay #18 Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:07 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33768 battles

View PostRockyRoller, on 01 July 2017 - 08:56 PM, said:

I don't know why I think it is spelled with a 'U'.

Maybe it was the toy gun Nurf

The toy gun is Nerf.....

https://nerf.hasbro.com/en-gb

Trillock1945 #19 Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14741 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I used to use the word Nerfing, back in the 60's when doing some slot car racing, which meant to hit someones car so that it slid off the track.

Happy days. :teethhappy:

MarcoStrapone #20 Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32542 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS

View PostRockyRoller, on 01 July 2017 - 06:26 PM, said:

its not cheating, its way for WG to milk the community :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users