100% Serious, WHY are people so bad?

bad players

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
83 replies to this topic

Press2ForSkill #1 Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:30 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1 battle

I can understand when 12 year olds suck at this game, their brain haven't fully developed yet.. 

But all these players with 20k→100k+ games that still haven't got a clue how to play this game.. wtf? Like seriously, ive been playing it a year and know a lot more than 99% of players.. 

people who camp on malinovka

people who camp on prokorovka (even when there's no arty's)

people who camp... anywhere

Camping loses games, sniping loses games a lot more than it actually wins games (unless you are a TD, but if u suck then u also lose the games)

Lets start with malinovka, that hill wins the game, yet 80% of the team camps the rocks at base.

Lakeville, light tanks spotting the valley? really? 

Mountain pass north spawn, lights rushing mid to spot south? You die 99% of the time.

Overlord people go beach?? Instant lose

Erlenberg, north goes line 2, south goes line 9, yet people drown, but you do realise that if the south spawn actually pushes the line 2 line SMARTLY, it means that the team wins, usually that means that u have to be in a platoon so u can push it together (just the other day me and a friend pushed with our meds the 2 line from south spawn, won the entire flank and game cuz of that)

And a LOT of other maps as well...

If you do stupid things like going beach on Overlord, like 3-4 times and notice that you never win the game, why would you continue to do the same mistake over and over and over and over and over again? After 20k games i would really expect people to have overall 2k wn8, anything less than that means they can't play the game.. really wish i could actually modify my XVM that turns a certain amount of battles by someone Red if their wn8 isnt a certain amount..

Already modified my XVM colours making 0-1100 wn8 as red, and 1100-1300 orange, but hell, when i see pople with 20k games and 1310 wn8 they shouldn't be yellow, they should be 100% red..

So why can't people learn how the game works? Everyone has access to the same Youtubers, streamers, game, tactics, maps, tanks, everything.. yet people can't learn how the game works.. like those people who make the most pathetic mistakes (just 1 example: suicide spotting) and then they type in chat "fk u idiot team" for the entire game spamming chat because THEY messed up..

Why do people continue to suck? Why? Literally the only thing I can think of is that people are (literally) mentally ill, and considering that that means that 95% of WoT players are mentally ill... then my last small hope for humankind just died..

Aim_Away_From_Face #2 Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31324 battles
You really are doling out the wine today huh

AC130Pilot #3 Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:34 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14838 battles

I thought we had something special... Why are you doing this to me?

Edited by AC130Pilot, 02 July 2017 - 12:36 PM.

Press2ForSkill #4 Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:38 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1 battle

View PostAim_Away_From_Face, on 02 July 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

You really are doling out the wine today huh

Haven't wined once today, just trying to figure out why people are bad

iztok #5 Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:38 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles

Hi!

> So why can't people learn how the game works?

Because too many of them play or fun, with their brains turned off. Just drive around huge "steel" beasts, hit some stuff with "mighty" guns, and forget daily chore.

At least that's what I think they're doing. :sceptic:

BR, Iztok

_EXODUZ_ #6 Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:42 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34617 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Do you often see stupid threads/comments on the forum? Like when you think, 'are you really that retarded'?! Those are the people.

SABAOTH #7 Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:45 AM

Major

• Player
  • 36437 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

Must implement internal achievement system.

Then they know when they are doing good.

At least we can hope for them to get the "muddy tracks" achievement (some people still did not get it) :girl:

Edited by SABAOTH, 02 July 2017 - 11:47 AM.

Homer_J #8 Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:50 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTerblanche77, on 02 July 2017 - 11:30 AM, said:

So why can't people learn how the game works? Everyone has access to the same Youtubers, streamers, game, tactics, maps, tanks, everything.. yet people can't learn how the game works.. 

It's a game mate.  If you want to turn it into a job then that will be 40 Euro an hour for watching those videos and reading those sites, thanks.

Sams_Baneblade #9 Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16746 battles

I guess it's because they don't give a flying fu. They play for fun and don' want to/can't spend time on forum/YT/Twitch. All the behaviours you quoted are harmful for the winchances of the team, but remember the game is also full with 30k battles bots, which NEVER even cared about the minimap.

I've recently seen a 40y-o French noob streaming his games. The archetype of the bot: ZERO knowledge, several Tier 8 premiums and 3k battles. The kind of guy who gets reported as bot by his whole team and deserves it.

-Spawn camping on Paris, one single hit, defeat: "that is a good tactic I found. Yeah, that was a good game."

-Straightline with IS-6, dies first, one single hit.

The guy was aware he was really really bad, as a huge number of people watching the stream told him. But despite that, he did not care, at all. He was satisfied with what he was doing. He did not realized WoT required an lot of knowledge, as he even said "Yeak tanks is cool, but in the end you just spawn, shoot, die, kill and respawn. Minecraft is better, it requires you to use your brain." So he was considering the gameplay like a 12 y-o does on CoD and never tried to turn on his brain because it wasn't needed for him.

Watching this video was an eyesore, but quite interresting nonetheless.

wsatnutter #10 Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:58 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 24380 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

after I read and I quote

"ive been playing it a year and know a lot more than 99% of players."

I stopped reading and thought oh no you don't

Lerxst2012 #11 Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:02 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 62097 battles
  • [A3TOS] A3TOS

View PostTerblanche77, on 02 July 2017 - 10:30 AM, said:

I can understand when 12 year olds suck at this game, their brain haven't fully developed yet.. 

But all these players with 20k→100k+ games that still haven't got a clue how to play this game.. wtf? Like seriously, ive been playing it a year and know a lot more than 99% of players.. 

people who camp on malinovka

people who camp on prokorovka (even when there's no arty's)

people who camp... anywhere

Camping loses games, sniping loses games a lot more than it actually wins games (unless you are a TD, but if u suck then u also lose the games)

Lets start with malinovka, that hill wins the game, yet 80% of the team camps the rocks at base.

Lakeville, light tanks spotting the valley? really? 

Mountain pass north spawn, lights rushing mid to spot south? You die 99% of the time.

Overlord people go beach?? Instant lose

Erlenberg, north goes line 2, south goes line 9, yet people drown, but you do realise that if the south spawn actually pushes the line 2 line SMARTLY, it means that the team wins, usually that means that u have to be in a platoon so u can push it together (just the other day me and a friend pushed with our meds the 2 line from south spawn, won the entire flank and game cuz of that)

And a LOT of other maps as well...

If you do stupid things like going beach on Overlord, like 3-4 times and notice that you never win the game, why would you continue to do the same mistake over and over and over and over and over again? After 20k games i would really expect people to have overall 2k wn8, anything less than that means they can't play the game.. really wish i could actually modify my XVM that turns a certain amount of battles by someone Red if their wn8 isnt a certain amount..

Already modified my XVM colours making 0-1100 wn8 as red, and 1100-1300 orange, but hell, when i see pople with 20k games and 1310 wn8 they shouldn't be yellow, they should be 100% red..

So why can't people learn how the game works? Everyone has access to the same Youtubers, streamers, game, tactics, maps, tanks, everything.. yet people can't learn how the game works.. like those people who make the most pathetic mistakes (just 1 example: suicide spotting) and then they type in chat "fk u idiot team" for the entire game spamming chat because THEY messed up..

Why do people continue to suck? Why? Literally the only thing I can think of is that people are (literally) mentally ill, and considering that that means that 95% of WoT players are mentally ill... then my last small hope for humankind just died..

I agree with your views although I dont feel as angry as you after playing for 5 years.

However, I will say one thing some people do just play for fun :)  I know that's strange :):)

I like to have a laugh sometimes and if I screw up oh well just move onto the next game.

I do think whingers and moaners though should receive a penalty like being unable to use chat for a week.  That would shut them up!!!!

Slargmann #12 Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27566 battles
  • [FPDOX] FPDOX

You're complaining that people are bad, yet you're barely above average yourself.

The truth is that the bell curve skews somewhat south of 50%, which means that an "average" player has a WR of around 48% (AFAIK). This means that the vast majority of players will have winrates of less than 51%, and an absolute majority will have winrates of less than 50%.

In addition, as your number of battles grows, the effect of recent results diminishes. I have around 1250 lifetime WN8, but around 1800 over the last 700 battles. 

Jigabachi #13 Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSams_Baneblade, on 02 July 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

I guess it's because they don't give a flying fu. They play for fun and don' want to/can't spend time on forum/YT/Twitch. 

You don't have to do any of that in order to be a somewhat successful player. Your normal player just needs a brain and working senses. 

Slargmann #14 Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:13 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27566 battles
  • [FPDOX] FPDOX

View PostJigabachi, on 02 July 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

You don't have to do any of that in order to be a somewhat successful player. Your normal player just needs a brain and working senses. 

Funny story: Your WR is about 2% higher than mine, while your average XP and average damage is roughly 60% of mine. I wonder what that's about.

Jigabachi #15 Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSlargmann, on 02 July 2017 - 12:09 PM, said:

You're complaining that people are bad, yet you're barely above average yourself.

Given that the stats spectrum is so small, the difference between a below average player and an above average player is huge...

malachi6 #16 Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:15 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49216 battles

View PostTerblanche77, on 02 July 2017 - 11:30 AM, said:

So, the short version.  Why does not everyone play the game for the same reasons as me?  There are far more reasons why people are bad than I think you imagine.  Basics include, poor equipment, poor internet and disability.  I am blind in one eye. I don't believe it affects how I play, pretty sure I would suck as much with an extra eye. but it may.

Other reason are more esoteric.  Hard day at work, want to relax and not really bothered.  I have a  friend who is an air traffic controller who fits this category. I know of another guy that is depressed and plays to avoid dealing with real world issues.

I think the main thing to keep in mind is the principle battle mode is  Random Battle.  It perfectly describes what to expect.  If you cannot cope with that;  it is you rather than those you hold in such low esteem, that needs to change.

Edit:  What are the odds the OP comes back to this post to add to the rant he has already made?

Edited by malachi6, 02 July 2017 - 12:17 PM.

Junglist_ #17 Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35833 battles

Why do you have to be so small minded and cant understand that this is a GAME so you got people with different skill sets, some don't even try then there are children like you mentioned or older adults whose reflexes started to dwindle. But no instead because now you reached that fabulous PERPL colour in your recents suddenly you feel the need to make a thread about how you 

been playing it a year and know a lot more than 99% of players.. 

and how 95% of playerbase are [edited].

0/10

Slargmann #18 Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27566 battles
  • [FPDOX] FPDOX

View PostJigabachi, on 02 July 2017 - 11:14 AM, said:

Given that the stats spectrum is so small, the difference between a below average player and an above average player is huge...

Sure, I don't really disagree there.

In effect, the spectrum seems to be somewhere between 40%-65% and someone better at maths than I am can probably calculate just how much better 52% is than 50% based on the individual weights.

However, I still find it pretty funny that the people who regularly rage about how terrible everyone is, normally aren't that good themselves.

Warzey #19 Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 56777 battles
  • [L-REM] L-REM

View PostSlargmann, on 02 July 2017 - 11:22 AM, said:

Sure, I don't really disagree there.

In effect, the spectrum seems to be somewhere between 40%-65% and someone better at maths than I am can probably calculate just how much better 52% is than 50% based on the individual weights.

However, I still find it pretty funny that the people who regularly rage about how terrible everyone is, normally aren't that good themselves.

That's really natural, those players will always blame the team first and they may be right, the team could've been doing something stupid, but they tend to overlook their own stupid play. That's one of the reasons why average players have a hard time improving in the game (I'm talking about people that actually want to improve).

Press2ForSkill #20 Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1 battle

View PostHomer_J, on 02 July 2017 - 11:50 AM, said:

It's a game mate.  If you want to turn it into a job then that will be 40 Euro an hour for watching those videos and reading those sites, thanks.

I know it is just a game, and i also just play it for fun, but how can i have fun when players are so terribly bad? 

View PostSlargmann, on 02 July 2017 - 12:09 PM, said:

The truth is that the bell curve skews somewhat south of 50%, which means that an "average" player has a WR of around 48% (AFAIK). This means that the vast majority of players will have winrates of less than 51%, and an absolute majority will have winrates of less than 50%.

In addition, as your number of battles grows, the effect of recent results diminishes. I have around 1250 lifetime WN8, but around 1800 over the last 700 battles. 

And yeah my overall stats are terrible, I know that, but i don't believe that overall stats are important, because lets say there is a guy with 30k battles and 2k wn8 and recent also 2k wn8, u see the 2k wn8 and thinks "ok good player", but then you see someone with 6k battles with 1k wn8 and think "noob, wont be scared of him on battlefield", but actually that "noob" has a recent of 3k wn8 or something.. so really u should be more afraid of that noob than the more experienced guy.. so yeah i know my overall stats suck but i look at recent stats of people and not overall

View Postmalachi6, on 02 July 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

So, the short version.  Why does not everyone play the game for the same reasons as me?  There are far more reasons why people are bad than I think you imagine.  Basics include, poor equipment, poor internet and disability.  I am blind in one eye. I don't believe it affects how I play, pretty sure I would suck as much with an extra eye. but it may.

Other reason are more esoteric.  Hard day at work, want to relax and not really bothered.  I have a  friend who is an air traffic controller who fits this category. I know of another guy that is depressed and plays to avoid dealing with real world issues.

I think the main thing to keep in mind is the principle battle mode is  Random Battle.  It perfectly describes what to expect.  If you cannot cope with that;  it is you rather than those you hold in such low esteem, that needs to change.

Well I also fall into that bad internet category, my FPS is 10→30, my best ever ping has been 230... and my ping isn't just bad because of the place i live, my internet download speed is 60kb/s.. yes 60kb/s. and yeah i agree there are cases that are exceptions and that makes sense why people suck, but absolutely no way that this is the case of all those bad players.... maybe 20% of those bad players, but the other 80% of bad players.. i just dont know. 

View PostJunglist_, on 02 July 2017 - 12:16 PM, said:

Why do you have to be so small minded and cant understand that this is a GAME so you got people with different skill sets, some don't even try then there are children like you mentioned or older adults whose reflexes started to dwindle. But no instead because now you reached that fabulous PERPL colour in your recents suddenly you feel the need to make a thread about how you 

and how 95% of playerbase are [edited].

0/10

Adults with slower reflexes? Yeah sure but unless you are 60+ years old.. nope. well i dont know exactly how reflexes are, but WoT isn't just about reflexes, it is about knowledge.. reflexes play a small part of the game, unless u redline snipe the entire game but if u do that, then u are anyways bad so..

View Postwsatnutter, on 02 July 2017 - 11:58 AM, said:

after I read and I quote

"ive been playing it a year and know a lot more than 99% of players."

I stopped reading and thought oh no you don't

Well considering when I play my battles (without platoonmates), there are literally 29 people with red stats in both teams in tier 6-7 games... and A LOT of people with low wn8 and high amount of battles at tier 8-10 battles.. i think i do.. but lets say 99% is unrealistic, definitely 95% then..

oh and considering there is a lot of players like you in this game... (20k+ battles with 600 wn8..) I think i am correct.. so what's your excuse for being so bad?

Edited by Terblanche77, 02 July 2017 - 12:42 PM.

Also tagged with bad players

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users