War Gamings Betrayal of the good players

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

sM1Iey #1 Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:37 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6513 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

After freezing the global map, reducing the prize pool of world of tanks tournaments and reducing all ESL tournaments prize pool by 75% 

War Gaming clearly showed the direction for the future. And it is very negative for the top players from World of Tanks. A few proves

2-3 years ago there were 10 clans that were mostly equal. I talk about FAME, EFE, KAZNA, SD, GOP, RAG3 and a lot others.

It all started to go down with the new global map. In the beginning it was okay because the gold was okay. People were fighting each other and

good clans could make more than on the old map. But soon it was much too campy although there were still big alliance fights.

Now the global map is completely gone. No news about it coming back sometime.

So what do you do if clans couldn't provide anymore that you could earn enough gold for a premium account?

They started playing World of Tanks tournaments on the WoT page, FaceIt or ESL.

WG took notice of that and reduced the prizepools shortly after from 10k to like nothing and WG tournaments were suddenly not important anymore.

After a few months the prizes were again raised to 5000 gold for the first place but you would still have to fight for like 3-5 hours to get even close to the first place

so these tournaments still gained a lot of popularity. For example the 7/68 cup was limited to 96 teams because too many teams signed up.

So that was too much for WG. They reduced all prizepools again to 1500 gold.

Did they really think about their move? 

I don't think so.

Who plays 2-4 hours since not so many teams sign up to get gold worth 6€.

So the consequence was that players played more ESL tournaments like 5v5 3v3 go4wot to get gold for their premium accounts.

And now WG decided to reduce the prizepools there as well?

I mean come on. Viktor Keasley or however his name is written said on Continental Rumble or New York Rumble how 

Block Quote

WG will do anything to improve the competitive scene and support them as much as they can.

So what is left to play for people that don't want to spend money but still want to be competitive?

Advance

What was there to play 18 months ago?

Advance

WG tournaments

Global Map

ESL tournaments

Now I come to my last statement

By introducing tanks like Skorpion G, M41 90 GF, Defender, Chrysler GF, Lorraine 40T and T26E5 Patriot WG showed 

how dumb they are.

Yes I said they are dumb

And now they say ''some premiums might be stronger than others''

Tell me who could have guessed that a T8 obj 260 with a bit worth DPM would be overpowered compared to a Panther 8.8?

They buff the 907.

It becomes stronger than the other russian meds.

WG LOGIC

WE MUST BUFF OBJ 140 SO 907 IS NOT PICKED ANYMORE

why do people still play this game ? can somebody tell me please?

QuattroTT #2 Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:39 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3224 battles
in my opinion esl and esport are meaningless, the game matters most and not some tournaments for no lifes to go vs eachother for money ;) yh i know... 

sM1Iey #3 Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:42 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6513 battles
  • [FAME] FAME
It is not about money it is about playing against each other and getting something for it that is not meaningless

QuattroTT #4 Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:50 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3224 battles
ur saying its not about money now and in ur first post u whine about how they reduce prizes... ?

KABINE10 #5 Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46575 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP

i believe smiley means that the time and effort put on competitive side is not worth the prizes you get from there so it feels like just wasting time.
however its known fact WG is all about money atm, you see it from what kind of premium tanks they add to game, how little to nothing they actually care about the competitive side, even you see it from new maps which are all about just looking good but totally unplayable (one corridor, bigger area which is totally useless and just suicide to play there, no flanking possibilitites... but at least there is some eiffel tower etc.)

what WG is good at is make promises and give players hope by telling them what they want to hear eventhou it is just a pure lie.

how about tanks then? theres (sorry my lazyness cba to count exact numbers) about 44 tier 10 tanks in game, how many of those are actually used in competitive modes, around 10 i would say and at least 3-4 of those are very situational maybe used in some map, problem is solved by not balancing tanks but adding more tanks or just overbuff tanks so people need to grind those which means people need to play the game a lot = playing people are paying customers (not 100% ofc) i completely agree what smiley said in first post and it is sad to see where the game is going and how customers and especially the GOOD and COMPETITIVE players have been screwed over 4 years by empty promises. game had/has huge potential but greedy business mans ruined it unfortunately.
ps. why wg never did "competitive mod" for competitive gaming like so many other games does? 25% rng in pen values and in accuracy is ridiculous joke, even you do everything correct you are not getting rewarded if rng says so..
pss. they didnt do it because they dont care about it all.

Edited by AlphaMale_Kabine10, 02 July 2017 - 03:22 PM.

Kam_tu_Papa_bre #6 Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19599 battles
  • [-WBZ-] -WBZ-
Well... If they keep like this they will kill clans. Since there is only FAME now and nobody is close to them except CSA and MVPS maybe. If they kill clans by killing the global map they will kill the competition and with that community will die. If u community die any game will die. Sad is that WOT is going this way. And as Kabine said WOT has huge potencial since its only decent (WAS) game of this type in my opinion.
They just made good players to leave the game and by doing that there is no more average players cuz from who will they learn from? Its a big mistake to milk money in next year and then just shut down WOT or put it on stagnation. They could still go with a same tempo and make this game last for a long long time. And most important they should listen to better part of community not the 100wn8 ppl who dont even know how is spot mehanic working in game but they should know how game should be, right?

ohlongjohnson003 #7 Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34850 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View PostQuattroTT, on 02 July 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

ur saying its not about money now and in ur first post u whine about how they reduce prizes... ?

its not about the money, the rewards are alwasy welcome but after 4-5 hours of playing to get 1500 gold in the go4wot tournament is kinda retarded.... you`ve proven yourself being better then 90% of other teams and yet you cant afford even premium account.... and about CW, the CW has died when all of the good players got tired of the game and left it... you cant get more than 2 good clans on this server as good as FAME, with FAME being one of those two where in the past 2-3 years you has, as mentioned, actually good clans like FAME, OMNI, KAZNA SD, WHYME and few others...... now almost all of those names are gone and most of those clans have died or became the joke compared to what they used to be

one of the best modes WG has ever made was Ranked TB and if that ever got to T10 format ( to get switched from 7/54 to 7/68 ) but they thought that the rewards are too good so they had to shut down the project

FeelsGoodToWorkForWGMan

Edited by ohlongjohnson003, 02 July 2017 - 12:49 PM.

sM1Iey #8 Posted 02 July 2017 - 01:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6513 battles
  • [FAME] FAME
but hey lets introduce ranked battles, they are so much fun right

Monster95alpha19 #9 Posted 02 July 2017 - 01:19 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35389 battles
  • [TKEA] TKEA

you guys really don't get it, do ya?

it started as a game, it made a good base of players, it turned into bussiness, and now it's harvesting time..once the harvest is done, they'll either terminate the game by no longer developing it/care for it, or they'll just spam a little more advertisement to boost the player base again and harvest it for a last push of profit.

as for esport, this game can't be taken as an esport game, when RNG is determining important stuff like shots or critical damages....they reduced the prizes, was an obvious move, so they force those who actually want to earn something from it to compete for the Gold League ( aka a desparate move as the interest was lower and lower )..to understand this, look at who was competing for a spot in gold league 2-3 years ago, and look who does it now.

but anyway, this game won't die, for normies at least...for competitive players it died already, but for normies, this will become the same kind of game as an Truck/Farmer Simulator...a chill game with few frustations

Titaniumas #10 Posted 02 July 2017 - 01:44 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 36065 battles
  • [PTS] PTS

SCION_Fenix #11 Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:14 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 37951 battles
  • [GINI] GINI

All is true.

If Wg is planning to kill this game, then they are doing as intended. 

If they are planning all the time to make it better then someone in WG who is even paid for this have down sindrom.

But why...If they just to take opinion of few good players, like top clan leaders...this game would be soo better.  Wg don't understand that if players are happy and this game is competitive(so bad players should work on how to be better, not complain. If you are top clan, then you will earn gold. So simple...sry but if you are bob clan then try to be better. But WG love bad players...)

Make this game competitive again, with old global map, just adding whole Russia or Africa and it will be so OP global map.  Don't freeze it, even when campaign comes, just make another map only for campaign. In that period less better clans will have option to earn some gold. 

You just needed to fix MM and nerf arta. But you ruined tier 8 with new OP premiums and adding new tier X lights. For the lights... you mustn't touched RU251 and T54-ltwl. They needed to stay tier 8, then it will be solid. 

AND YOU CAN'T TOUCH BC 25 T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also when I remember ESL... I loved Adria. You destroyed everthing. Now you give 150€ on GO4WOT for 1. place... WG, you earn that in 1 minute...  You could do everything WG but you don't want to do it.

Then just say we are destroying this game and bb. Game which I love so much.

Just remember January 2015.  

FAME,EFE,KAZNA,PTS,OMNI,OM,RAG3,L-FEW,9-TD,CSA,SD,-NT-JCKAL,RSOP,RED_S,STRNK,TESLA,IDEAL,CYA,PSQD...and many more

TRnFx5Y.jpg

OWCoz0K.jpg

alaE3pk.jpg

qJNxurp.jpg

iEuGoYH.jpg

tnqzRDZ.jpg

AND START of new global map was so so but it was fine...

6hoMWBl.jpg

Edited by Fenix_PTS, 02 July 2017 - 03:22 PM.

Igor_BL #12 Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37527 battles

No more gold prizes for go4wot, only the first team gets 150 euros.

GJ WG, ESL, or whoever born that idea.

GOOD JOB.

We dont even want money, we would rather take ingame gold for ESL like before. Same  or even less worth... Like do we care about 2/3/5/10 euros per player on one tournament.
And now you cut all the prizes, only first one gets money... Money prizes are ok for WGL or some events like those. not for weekend tournaments.

Again, GOOD JOB... No, no... GREAT JOB, Wargaming.
You are killing it.

P.S. I am not even makin a coment about Global map, campaings, faceit, WG weekly tournaments etc... All the joy you killed with your decisions.
may the 7/68 rest in peace. and all kinds of team batles... We have SH/Advance now, but who know for how long
But, hey... we got very nice tier8 prem tanks introduced.

Edited by Igor_BL, 02 July 2017 - 03:45 PM.

Hardass #13 Posted 02 July 2017 - 04:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 32723 battles

So wot revolves around 8-10 good clans the eh ?

Igor_BL #14 Posted 02 July 2017 - 04:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37527 battles

https://worldoftanks...lden-challenge/

And now, we can buy a missions to eearn gold. Hahaha, they cant be real. after all...

ohlongjohnson003 #15 Posted 02 July 2017 - 04:44 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34850 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View PostHardass, on 02 July 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

yes it does since all other clans IF they are active in SH / CW should aim to get at that higher level of gameplay and now some play-phor-phun autist clan with 50% only to play against another 50% clans and have funny 15min camp-offs <3

Monster95alpha19 #16 Posted 02 July 2017 - 04:46 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35389 battles
  • [TKEA] TKEA

no, but it should..and not revolve, but rather take their opinion, feedback and suggestions and make use of them as they are filled with veterans of this game and know how to turn it into a good thing

Serprotease #17 Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36564 battles
  • [N00T] N00T

The past year, Wg listen to the low end clans/player (ie Avg player base)

Armor is meaningless they said : Now we've got the Maus,Type,Defender, the end of weakspot and so on.

Good clan farm to much in sh : Now we've got skilled MM, and the number of sh played per month drop from 2 millions to 900 000. Barely any clan play more than 500 t8sh/28 days. more than 900 was the norm before.

We can't earn gold in Cw, good clan get all the good spot : Now Cw is more or less dead

Same for Esl.

Time_To_BurN #18 Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:08 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28789 battles

View PostTitaniuX, on 02 July 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

you guys really don't get it, do ya?

it started as a game, it made a good base of players, it turned into bussiness, and now it's harvesting time..once the harvest is done, they'll either terminate the game by no longer developing it/care for it, or they'll just spam a little more advertisement to boost the player base again and harvest it for a last push of profit.

as for esport, this game can't be taken as an esport game, when RNG is determining important stuff like shots or critical damages....they reduced the prizes, was an obvious move, so they force those who actually want to earn something from it to compete for the Gold League ( aka a desparate move as the interest was lower and lower )..to understand this, look at who was competing for a spot in gold league 2-3 years ago, and look who does it now.

but anyway, this game won't die, for normies at least...for competitive players it died already, but for normies, this will become the same kind of game as an Truck/Farmer Simulator...a chill game with few frustations

From a business point of few I get that you try to harvest as much as possible. But if you kill your top playerbase and the topclans, I think you are also slowly killing your harvest opportunity. XVM is quite popular. Mediocre, bad and terrible players want to get better. They want that op premium and spam gold to get up to stats that are similiar to those purple cheaters. If you chase all those away, you are left with random and ranked battles filled with bots and you take out all the fun of these gamemodes. I don't think you will motivate players to hang around long that way. And from business point of view that does not seem profitable to me. 

sM1Iey #19 Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:28 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6513 battles
  • [FAME] FAME
WG doesn't seem to understand that if there is nothing to gain this game lost the most important aspect on why you want to improve yourself

ohlongjohnson003 #20 Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:37 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34850 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View PostSerprotease, on 02 July 2017 - 11:06 PM, said:

Good clan farm to much in sh : Now we've got skilled MM, and the number of sh played per month drop from 2 millions to 900 000. Barely any clan play more than 500 t8sh/28 days. more than 900 was the norm before.

We can't earn gold in Cw, good clan get all the good spot : Now Cw is more or less dead

" YOU ARE FAKE NEWS " - WG2k17\

Spoiler

Edited by ohlongjohnson003, 03 July 2017 - 12:37 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users