Jump to content


I didn't penetrate a 15mm Hellcat

tank destroyers penetration gameplay american tanks ammo rng help

  • Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

RimciksLV #1 Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:08 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8509 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    09-09-2013

Today i was playing in my T67, i had loaded a standard AP round (128mm of penetration)

 

I rushed a Hellcat - auto aimed at him, and the crosshair was looking straight at the flat HULL of the M18 Hellcat (The armor there is ~15mm)

I fire a shot.. and guess what the commander says: ''We didn't penetrate their armor''

 

Note:

It was NOT a bounce, i saw how the shell hit exactly the flat hull of the Hellcat. 

The shell did not bounce in the sky, it literally hit the Hellcat perfectly, and it should have penetrated the tank 100%

I was fighting the tank almost face to face (about a 10 meter distance between me and Hellcat) so the ''penetration decreases over distance'' thing is not possible.

 

I have to admit that i wanted to smash my monitor with a keyboard 

 

My main question: How is this possible? Please guys, explain the possible ways of this happening :mellow:

And also, has ever something this absurd happened to you? 

 

EDIT: I did not hit the tracks, it wasn't a critical hit shot, i hit exactly the center of the hull.

 Sorry but I didn't record the game, i don't have that option checked, so i can't show you the replay

 


Edited by RimciksLV, 02 July 2017 - 03:14 PM.


FluffyRedFox #2 Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:10 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21564 battles
  • 7,692
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012
A replay would help, otherwise I'm guessing you hit the tracks and got a 0 damage crit. 

Cannes76 #3 Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:10 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 62481 battles
  • 1,477
  • [3V] 3V
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011
Replay.

Sfinski #4 Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:11 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29741 battles
  • 2,004
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013
Replay and there's still areas that are at autobounce angle on the turret.

Edited by Sfinski, 02 July 2017 - 03:12 PM.


WindSplitter1 #5 Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:18 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14295 battles
  • 1,720
  • [RYNO] RYNO
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

A pigeon vs a medium tank-slash-Toyota HiLux tank destroyer.... What could go wrong?

 

I'm guessing also tracks, spaced armour, etc. Check Tanks.gg



Homer_J #6 Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:40 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27068 battles
  • 27,695
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostRimciksLV, on 02 July 2017 - 03:08 PM, said:

 

 Sorry but I didn't record the game, i don't have that option checked, so i can't show you the replay

 

 

Funny how that is always the case.

 

Turn replays on, it fixes everything.

 

Other than that figure it out for yourself.



Jigabachi #7 Posted 02 July 2017 - 04:03 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17753 battles
  • 17,629
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostRimciksLV, on 02 July 2017 - 03:08 PM, said:

EDIT: I did not hit the tracks, it wasn't a critical hit shot, i hit exactly the center of the hull.

 Sorry but I didn't record the game, i don't have that option checked, so i can't show you the replay

You were rushing an enemy tank in the heat of the battle and you can definitely tell us where exactly the shot landed on the armor without watching the replay. Yeah... no.

 

Well. Anyway. Without a replay we can't help you.



JuliusCheddar #8 Posted 02 July 2017 - 04:08 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27989 battles
  • 564
  • Member since:
    08-27-2014
You got 8k games and it's the first time you bounced of something made of cardboard? Or did you post only about this one? Why this one then? 

Phobos4321 #9 Posted 02 July 2017 - 04:25 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 42818 battles
  • 7,817
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011

autobounce? tracks? gun mantlet? good we will never know 

 

since player based descriptions might be inaccurate at best or even completly made up in worst case



1ncompetenc3 #10 Posted 02 July 2017 - 04:57 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 36772 battles
  • 11,489
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013
Enable replays. Don't bother coming here to complain about your matches until you do.

RimciksLV #11 Posted 02 July 2017 - 04:58 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8509 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    09-09-2013

View PostJuliusCheddar, on 02 July 2017 - 03:08 PM, said:

You got 8k games and it's the first time you bounced of something made of cardboard? Or did you post only about this one? Why this one then? 

 

This is the first time i actually thought about how paper the tank was, and how impossible it was to not penetrate the armor.However, i did write this topic while i was in a burst of rage ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Enforcer1975 #12 Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:22 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 18386 battles
  • 9,844
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View PostRimciksLV, on 02 July 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

 

This is the first time i actually thought about how paper the tank was, and how impossible it was to not penetrate the armor.However, i did write this topic while i was in a burst of rage ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you complain about bouncing on a Hellcat with a T67 come back when you bounce a shot from a T30 on a BC...



MarcoStrapone #13 Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:26 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 32552 battles
  • 707
  • [-GODS] -GODS
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View PostRimciksLV, on 02 July 2017 - 02:08 PM, said:

Today i was playing in my T67, i had loaded a standard AP round (128mm of penetration)

 

I rushed a Hellcat - auto aimed at him, and the crosshair was looking straight at the flat HULL of the M18 Hellcat (The armor there is ~15mm)

I fire a shot.. and guess what the commander says: ''We didn't penetrate their armor''

 

Note:

It was NOT a bounce, i saw how the shell hit exactly the flat hull of the Hellcat.

The shell did not bounce in the sky, it literally hit the Hellcat perfectly, and it should have penetrated the tank 100%

I was fighting the tank almost face to face (about a 10 meter distance between me and Hellcat) so the ''penetration decreases over distance'' thing is not possible.

 

I have to admit that i wanted to smash my monitor with a keyboard

 

My main question: How is this possible? Please guys, explain the possible ways of this happening :mellow:

And also, has ever something this absurd happened to you?

 

EDIT: I did not hit the tracks, it wasn't a critical hit shot, i hit exactly the center of the hull.

 Sorry but I didn't record the game, i don't have that option checked, so i can't show you the replay

 

 

all this post for one bounced? you know how much stupid bouncing i see every day?

EggyTheGumGumChewer #14 Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:36 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 16312 battles
  • 767
  • [CRY-X] CRY-X
  • Member since:
    06-04-2012
REPLAY?

RockyRoller #15 Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:46 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28273 battles
  • 1,134
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS
  • Member since:
    06-15-2016
it wasn't a hellcat, it was one of the other open topped TD. I loaded shell 3, the HE type, fired, hit the mantle of the gun and no damage. Now in real life I'd expect no damage to the metal but the explosion of HE would be lethal, no?

General_McMuschi #16 Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:52 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 20668 battles
  • 735
  • Member since:
    06-19-2015

View PostEnforcer1975, on 02 July 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

If you complain about bouncing on a Hellcat with a T67 come back when you bounce a shot from a T30 on a BC...

 

Yeah. I was playing BC 155 55 today and while running away, IS4 shot me in the rear and didn't pen my armor. I had no idea BC 55 can bounce tier 10 heavy tank shell but I guess everything is possible in this game.

Dundato #17 Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:09 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 25657 battles
  • 664
  • Member since:
    06-09-2012
Replay

hammer45 #18 Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:20 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 35738 battles
  • 217
  • [A_MOC] A_MOC
  • Member since:
    12-02-2010

If the hellcat was a paying Tomato, it would have had shields!

 

Tomato players will have boosted stats, part of the dodgy MM



Blubba #19 Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:34 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 51581 battles
  • 1,824
  • Member since:
    05-30-2011

View PostEnforcer1975, on 02 July 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

If you complain about bouncing on a Hellcat with a T67 come back when you bounce a shot from a T30 on a BC...

 

Been there, done that... bloody annoying.

AliceUnchained #20 Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:37 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 37820 battles
  • 8,522
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostRimciksLV, on 02 July 2017 - 03:08 PM, said:

EDIT: I did not hit the tracks, it wasn't a critical hit shot, i hit exactly the center of the hull.

 Sorry but I didn't record the game, i don't have that option checked, so i can't show you the replay

 

And thus it is safe to assume (a given basically) that what you claim happened, is not actually what happened...

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users