SPG 15-4 (WG please rework)

missions spg obj260

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

flemishpiotr #1 Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 39378 battles

I've being trying for a very long time to finish the last spg mission for the 260, like 100s of games. I can't do it.

You need 3500 tracking and stunning damage + top on xp of both teams.

This isn't about skill at all. I don't mind if you set a very high number of damage to do because this is something I can do, like in I can do it myself and I don't need to rely on other people to do damage. I now have done a couple of 100 games in the FV3805 and a couple of dozen in the CGC and I only came close 3 times.

What you need is:

- both teams need to be mediocre players (if not, you'll neve rget top XP)

- both teams need to camp (if not, you don't have enough time to do a lot of damage)

- you need an arty friendly map (obviously)

- finally, your team needs to actually shoot the things you track or stun

Then and only then you have a small chance to do the mission. I'm sick and tired of it. I've gone into the game packing full gold, tea and biscuits and one of those bond-bought vents. I don't even come close and I can't imagine lot of people do. WG, please test this mission yourself.

xtrem3x #2 Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32195 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

No, I did this mission just the other week.

You just need map awareness to see who is spotted in the area's you know your team can & will hit.

The only "luck" you need is an open map, but every 3 or 4 games you get one.

Once you have an open map, look where your players are and where enemy tanks are spotted you know they can poke out and hit, just splash them first. You only need 2 tier 10s to get totally wrecked once you splash them.

Here is my replay:

http://wotreplays.com/site/3661266

The main 2 targets that show my point are the Conqueror and T-10. Both of them were blatantly about to get smashed by my team, so I splashed them first so I get the assist.

The mission is not difficult at all. Only took 4 or 5 tries...

You won't complete the mission if you just stun any target you see then hope your team shoots those ones. Pick the targets you know your team will be shooting

Edited by xtram3x, 02 July 2017 - 10:00 PM.

AC130Pilot #3 Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15165 battles
Not sure if this is will definitely help, but you can check it out: Be the Fire Corrector of your team.

flemishpiotr #4 Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 39378 battles

I'm starting to think it's just the FV3805 that's not very good for this mission. The stun is too short and it rarely tracks people.

Saw your replay xtram3x, honestly, I do think you got extremely lucky with your mm.

Edited by flemishpiotr, 05 July 2017 - 10:27 AM.

CmdPrompt #5 Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:50 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32489 battles
  • [B-D-O] B-D-O
look for a place on the map with more hp on your side and time your shots to their pushes onto tanks (look for platoons of 3 good players that peek together), and it should be rather easy

flemishpiotr #6 Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:28 AM

Private

• Player
  • 39378 battles
Platoons are actually disabled for arty in the current version.

flemishpiotr #7 Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:33 AM

Private

• Player
  • 39378 battles
I might also try the FV3805 with the stock gun, seen it recommended somewhere.

JoeRogan #8 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:39 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [FARM-] FARM-
Next patch this mission will be easy - just platoon with two high tier autoloaders. 

Balc0ra #9 Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66239 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postxtram3x, on 02 July 2017 - 09:58 PM, said:

No, I did this mission just the other week.

You just need map awareness to see who is spotted in the area's you know your team can & will hit.

No you need luck. As when a target gets a stun marker on it. Even with 5 people aiming at it. They either hide, or bounce all their shots then for some magical reason. I've had my CGC looking at a 6 vs 6 HT brawl. The enemy was taking plenty of damage. The second my shell lands to stun 3-4 of them... they go for the two not stunned or the brawling stops again.

Sure it's not impossible. I've seen people do it. But it's still luck more then awareness and map. As I suspect you won't do it again in a few battles if I ask you to. As you more or less got the best map for it. A map I've yet to get when trying it.

IMO they should change it to a mix of your own damage, along with track and stun assist, and bump it up from 3500. As combined it will be easier anyway vs just assist. I know arty is a support class now. But even LT's had combined before. As they were looked at more as a support class then vs now.

flemishpiotr #10 Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 39378 battles

Well, finally did it.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3692749#winterberg-flemishpiotr-fv3805

I was doing it all wrong. The trick was, using the FV3805 with the stock six pounder gun. Combined with brothers in arms crew and vents, it gave me a reload of 19secs. This allowed me to more or less perma stun enemies. It plays a bit like a burt at tier 8. Really overpowered actually. (sorry to the guys I hit so many times)

There is a catch though, because of the low calibre gun, you do less damage and it makes it a bit harder to come on top of xp. My advice, once you hit your 3.5 mark, try looking for low hp enemies to finish. This will boost your xp.

It still took me around 50-60 games to complete but you really get a sense it can be done. I had a game where I did 5k combined (stun and track) yet only came 7 in xp. I had another game where I had 4.5 stun only yet a busy little bat got six kills so I came in second on xp. So, in the end it does remain a matter of luck. You need a plain team, nobody shines. Though I also remember a game where I came short in stunning, round 3k and I had a Grille on my team who did 6k damage but I still topped him in xp.

One last tip. The map rotation: once you've had all the good arty maps after x games, play a real tank to get through the bad arty maps and then switch back to playing arty. It will only frustrate the hell out of you if you don't - and find yourself in an arty on himmelsdorf fe.

Also tagged with missions, spg, obj260

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users