• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

_Anarchistic_ #1 Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39096 battles

simple question really

why have players not learned yet that camping = losing

this is true in randoms, win the flank you have the advantage fast and encircle before your other flank folds and you get encircled

this is even more true in ranked, more aggressive team always wins

I am distinguishing here between camping and sniping, camping being where you sit in a map square and do nothing as opposed to finding a spot where you can get your gun in the game

Enderman21 #2 Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26607 battles
  • [-BSF-] -BSF-

Simple answer.

Even if it's in the beginning of the game, the ''good'' players expect their team to lose, so they stay back as far as possible so they can farm as much as they can before the whole team dies, and eventually get into top 3 by experience and get a chevron. 

_Anarchistic_ #3 Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39096 battles

View PostEnderman21, on 02 July 2017 - 11:02 PM, said:

Simple answer.

Even if it's in the beginning of the game, the ''good'' players expect their team to lose, so they stay back as far as possible so they can farm as much as they can before the whole team dies, and eventually get into top 3 by experience and get a chevron. 

​and yet I have died first on a few occasions and still got a chevron whilst seeing plenty players camp at back and only get 2 or 3 shots damage and no chevron

they seem to have missed the obvious fact that being in top 12 a lot easier than being top 3

its also been noticeable that the higher ranks I get to the better the gameplay, especially recognising when you have the advantage and aggressively pressing it

it has also been funny when I have missed the obvious and see my team mates attacking and I am slow to catch up, but I have found this a good learning experience

lonigus #4 Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:21 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32631 battles

View PostStewie2ie, on 02 July 2017 - 10:57 PM, said:

simple question really

why have players not learned yet that camping = losing

this is true in randoms, win the flank you have the advantage fast and encircle before your other flank folds and you get encircled

this is even more true in ranked, more aggressive team always wins

I am distinguishing here between camping and sniping, camping being where you sit in a map square and do nothing as opposed to finding a spot where you can get your gun in the game

True, but only to some extend. Due to some (most...) terrible map design a camping defense can decimate any push. Special cases are Live Oaks and especially Highway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users