RANKED BATTLES - rewards? playing again?

RANKED BATTLES

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Partibrejker0 #1 Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:46 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 61329 battles

Hello, everyone.

Just wanted to start a topic about ranked battles and first season that just ended.

First, where are the rewards?

I just do not understand why do they take so much time to give the rewards since the season is over, results are finalized and obvious. Why do we need to wait couple of days when everything is over now? Everyone who logged in this morning, after the season ended got their reward for their final rank in Stage 4. I got this:

''Stage 4 results
Points earned: 8
You receive the following rewards:
Bonds received: 500
Credits earned: 50,000
Slots added: 1
Added: Automatic Fire Extinguisher (x5), Large First Aid Kit (x5)''

Does the WGEU waits for the 180 and 360 days premium account discount to be over and then to give us the rewards?

Second, will u play ranked battles again and why not?

I will ABSOLUTELY NOT play ranked battles again!

Have being playing EVERY night of every stage winning 36 points staying in the League I till the end.

It is so frustrating and you need to play so much in order to receive rank 5... Simply the system of playing ranked battles with chevrons and 3 winning players on loosing team is wrong! Wrong because it made that every player plays for himself and not for the team. So, you are in a battle against 29 players, alone! What we all have seen in ranked battles is something very wierd... For example, IS-7 camping on a hill where a STRV should be or a medium tank next to an arty waiting for the game to unfold... It was disgusting, awful, stressful, frustrating...

I will ABSOLUTELY NOT play ranked battles again! 

Nietzche #2 Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:51 AM

Private

• Player
  • 29154 battles
  • [JDUN] JDUN

wait are the rewards random ?

Stage 4 results

Points earned: 8
You receive the following rewards:
Bonds received: 500
Credits earned: 150,000

Added: Case of Cola (x5)
Personal Reserves: Additional Crew Experience per Battle

and in regards to the the FINAL rewards  they will come in about 14 days after so that they can check for the people who might have broken the rulles....thats what they claim

EDIT :   I might play again and aim for second league to get another piece of equipment...not sure tho....as you said it was TOO MUCH work for not so much reward in the end....AND it was NOT pleasant 

Edited by Nietzche, 03 July 2017 - 10:55 AM.

Kurat666 #3 Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30209 battles
  • [GIFTD] GIFTD
If the ranked plays the same way in future, I will not do it again. But  if they consider the feedback in this forum and fix some issues, then I am in.

PointZero #4 Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44025 battles

View PostNietzche, on 03 July 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

wait are the rewards random ?

They basicly copied the loot crate system you see being popular on other games and failed to see the charm of there being an animation showing you the opening of the crate that adds the "ooh I wonder what I'll get" effect on players.

Spoiler

Edited by PointZero, 03 July 2017 - 11:04 AM.

Pablo_Amenable #5 Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10862 battles

"Season rewards will be received within 14 days after the end of season, upon excluding players who violated Game Rules from the list of recipients."

Also yes I will be playing them again, depending on rewards obviously. I won't be aiming for league I tho. Rewards are quite nice in my opinion, by rewards I mean 50% credit boost reserves. They're really sweet. :)

Sfinski #6 Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:08 AM

Major

• Player
  • 32221 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Wont touch the mode. Way too much grinding that nullifies some of the skill. Combined with arty I couldn't care less...

250swb #7 Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:09 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 23153 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I played a few games and was disappointed with the format. Too many players going yolo, too many players camping, and with absolutely no downside to doing either (apart from using up credits) the games swing drastically depending on the psychological makeup of the teams.

If Ranked also had an effect on the players Random battles stats then I could see I getting good, some wouldn't play at all, and some would calm down and the games would have a regular style but with different rewards. But at the moment it just seems like if a tomato player turns up and plays often enough eventually the chevrons will be won (up to a certain level), pretty much like playing often enough can win an MOE irrespective of skill.

lonigus #8 Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:46 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32631 battles
Up to rank 4 for the credit boosters and Iam done. Or depends where they place them for the next season.

NiemandXL #9 Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:58 AM

Major

• Player
  • 37955 battles

Yeah maybe up to rank 4 for the credit boosters. I can do that in around 3 hours and doing that once every week is ok I guess. Certainly no more than that the way ranked battles are atm. 3 orbital cannons every game, broken non-rotating map rotation, non-existent team balance, horrendously balanced maps... So many problems...

Even the ranking system itself is crap and basically rewards grinding way more than skill which is exactly what a proper ranking system should not do.

clixor #10 Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:03 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51961 battles

View Postlonigus, on 03 July 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

Up to rank 4 for the credit boosters and Iam done. Or depends where they place them for the next season.

That's all nice and dandy, but with only ranking up to rank4 each stage will get you no (extra) bonds whatsoever. And the rewards are likely just enough to cover your expenses unless you have something like a 80% chevron wr. Even getting rank5 each week is not enough in that regard and i do think that's something that needs to change if they want to keep this mode populated.

Partibrejker0 #11 Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 61329 battles

Sorry, I was not aware of the thread with the same theme but... you can check it (chevron it lol) on http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/632013-ranked-battles-my-constructive-feedback/page__st__1320#topmost

There are few more things to mention...

First stage was kinda ok while most of the players were still trying to play like a team and coordinate with others. But every next stage was worse than previous.

Map rotation. How many maps there were in rotation? 16? Himmelsdorf, Winter Himmelsdorf, Ruinberg, Winterberg, Steppes, Sand river, Fisherman's Bay, Mountain Pass, Fiords, El Hallouf, Red Shire, Malinovka, Prohorovka, Fiery Sailent, Murovanka and Westfield. Maybe I have missed some...

But that was in theory. For me it was like 8 times city maps out of 10 to 12. 

In the First Stage I was playing mostly arty but with this map rotation with most of the city maps, combined with noncooperative team + team damage, I just stopped playing arty by the end of the Stage 3. In at least 10 games while in arty I was team-damaged and in 5 or 6 battles I was killed by a tard from my own team and witnessed many more times when arties were team-killed.

By the Stage 4 I was strarting to put every camper on a black list, so my black list grew 500% thanks to the ranked battles.

Propositions.

1. Limit the number of arties to 2. Maybe even 1. Because arty has its role, even in city battles but 3 arties is pointeless. I say this as an arty player. 
  2. Change the system of earning the chevrons. For example 3 chevrons for the first 12 of the winning team and 1 chevron for the first on the loosing team. Or 1 chevron for the winning team and no chevrons for the loosing team. Or any other thing that would make ppl think about their team and coordinate with other players.
  3. Limit the number of participants. For example, you can participate only if u have at least 3 tier X tanks in the garage. If WN8 can not be the standard of limitation, introduce some other limits. Or that noone with less than 500 battles in tier X tanks can't participate. Simply, it is not enough to have a tier X tank, you must know what is it like to drive tier X tanks.
  4. Make bigger rewards.

Zampella #12 Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24650 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostSfinski, on 03 July 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

Wont touch the mode. Way too much grinding that nullifies some of the skill. Combined with arty I couldn't care less...

what he said

Stevie_Ray_Vaughan #13 Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20535 battles
  • [MING] MING

- Dont allow arty in ranked

- Stop promoting campfests

Then might try it agian one day.

Partibrejker0 #14 Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:10 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 61329 battles
I was playing all the tanks with 90% gold ammo (arty full gold) + large consumables + premium consumables (specially on arta - 105 octan, tea/coke/chocolate), so it was a credit sink for me, but nevermind...

Minimiz3 #15 Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7322 battles

View PostPablo_Amenable, on 03 July 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

"Season rewards will be received within 14 days after the end of season, upon excluding players who violated Game Rules from the list of recipients."

Also yes I will be playing them again, depending on rewards obviously. I won't be aiming for league I tho. Rewards are quite nice in my opinion, by rewards I mean 50% credit boost reserves. They're really sweet. :)

You will make your money back with the boosters. But the malaria you get from the game ? Worth it?

Also JOIN MEME

Edited by Napolitanaaa, 03 July 2017 - 12:10 PM.

Partibrejker0 #16 Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:11 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 61329 battles

View PostStevie_Ray_Vaughan, on 03 July 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

- Dont allow arty in ranked

- Stop promoting campfests

Then might try it agian one day.

No arty = full camping

I was playing all the tanks with 90% gold ammo (arty full gold) + large consumables + premium consumables (specially on arta - 105 octan, tea/coke/chocolate), so it was a credit sink for me, but nevermind... 

clixor #17 Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:15 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51961 battles
The no arty can also decrimental to the gameplay, i do think 3 is too much as they can focus a single tank too much, but perhaps 2 is the sweet spot. If you have no arty at all certain tanks in certain situations/places could just be invulnerable. For instance a lot of the RB i played in my kravagn, and often arty were to only ones able to do dmg to me.

jugilismaani #18 Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22409 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Should change it to 7 vs 7 and I may consider it. I was hugely anticipating this mode but I quit after the first 2 days. It just felt horrible and the rewards are not worth the effort. Credit boosters just maybe. Depending how good you are. If it takes you more than 7 hours to reach rank IV they are not worth it at all since you are better off playing 17 hours without boosters in premiums than 7 hours of ranked and 10 hours with boosters with premiums (7 comes from real income boost being around 60-80% since +50% but repair costs stay the same, 100k - 20k = 80k turns into 150k -20k = 130k which is 70% increase).

Losing battles without being in top 3 feels too bad. I play to enjoy every single moment not to be forced to have couple of "I just wasted 10 minutes" moments every single hour. 7vs7 individual effort would be much more important. Of course it goes both ways but it should be easy to finish on top even if your team has 2 suicidebots causing a fast loss. Give 6 shevrons to winners and 1 to losers and I would give it a shot. 

Edited by jugilismaani, 03 July 2017 - 12:19 PM.

Zampella #19 Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24650 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostJagodinac1, on 03 July 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

No arty = full camping

what a coincidence someone who thinks that arty prevents camping also seems to compensate skill with p2w mechanics. who would have thought....

lonigus #20 Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:24 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32631 battles

View Postclixor, on 03 July 2017 - 12:03 PM, said:

That's all nice and dandy, but with only ranking up to rank4 each stage will get you no (extra) bonds whatsoever. And the rewards are likely just enough to cover your expenses unless you have something like a 80% chevron wr. Even getting rank5 each week is not enough in that regard and i do think that's something that needs to change if they want to keep this mode populated.

I get that, but I dont relly care tbh. If I dont tryhard it, then rank 5 with APCR only is easily doable with a decent income on top. I understand that league one wont be possible with reaching only rank 5 tho.

Also tagged with RANKED BATTLES

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users