Jump to content


Partial ammo rack?


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

AvalancheZ257 #1 Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:31 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 3973 battles
  • 230
  • [3WCST] 3WCST
  • Member since:
    05-26-2017

Second game of the day, and this happens:

 

WOT Partial ammo rack Hitlog evidence 03 07 2017.png

 

I understand that the VK 45.02 B ammo racked me, but shouldn't that kill me instantly? How was the Type 4 Heavy still able to deal 644 damage after I got ammo racked? Also, I had more than 1306 health when the VK 45.02 B shot me, so I'm really confused (an exploding ammo rack should deal all your remaining hitpoints in damage, correct?). Otherwise, there is no way that a VK 45.02 B can have a 1300 damage alpha; its not like it can carry a 183mm cannon, and with an AP shell no less!

 

And if I remember correctly, the hitlog shows events with the most recent at the top. 

 

Replay is here: http://wotreplays.co...ez257-conqueror

 

Yes, I'm not a very good player. But don't pick on that here, I'm just asking why I got partially ammo racked. And yes, I do have Safe Stowage, but it doesn't help the fact that there is an ammo rack behind the lower front plate!



IncandescentGerbil #2 Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:44 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35686 battles
  • 1,443
  • Member since:
    11-24-2015
Tanks lose their ammo racks all the time mate. You just repair them like other modules. Actual ammo rack explosions are not that common, in most tanks.

Edited by IncandescentGerbil, 03 July 2017 - 11:45 AM.


Karasu_Hidesuke #3 Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:48 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 16169 battles
  • 3,871
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013

To me it looks like you got completely ammoracked.

 

Not sure about the type 4 damage.. maybe they fired at the same time?


Edited by Browarszky, 03 July 2017 - 11:50 AM.


Emeraldweed #4 Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:53 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10436 battles
  • 938
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012
type 4  did damage and critical  and VKB detonated it, somehow ( most probably due to lag or they shoot at the same time )  it got registered the opposite

Isharial #5 Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:28 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 20186 battles
  • 2,382
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View PostEmeraldweed, on 03 July 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

type 4  did damage and critical  and VKB detonated it, somehow ( most probably due to lag or they shoot at the same time )  it got registered the opposite

 

it was most likely this OP

but still.. that type 4 achieved damage that wasn't technically possible?



Homer_J #6 Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:38 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29197 battles
  • 30,630
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostAvalancheZ257, on 03 July 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

 

And if I remember correctly, the hitlog shows events with the most recent at the top. 

 

 

When events happen close together WoT has always had problems putting them in the correct order.



Emeraldweed #7 Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:43 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10436 battles
  • 938
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

View PostIsharial, on 03 July 2017 - 02:28 PM, said:

 

it was most likely this OP

but still.. that type 4 achieved damage that wasn't technically possible?

 

I take it as this

 

Type 4 shoots Conqueror and deals DAMAGE and CRITICAL on ammorack

VKb shoots conqueror and DETONATES the ammorack

 

Somehow  the server registered the critical of type 4  and then the detonation of VK45 and then the damage of type 4. most probably this happened because they shot at the very same time



Isharial #8 Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:45 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 20186 battles
  • 2,382
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View PostEmeraldweed, on 03 July 2017 - 12:43 PM, said:

 

I take it as this

 

Type 4 shoots Conqueror and deals DAMAGE and CRITICAL on ammorack

VKb shoots conqueror and DETONATES the ammorack

 

Somehow  the server registered the critical of type 4  and then the detonation of VK45 and then the damage of type 4. most probably this happened because they shot at the very same time

 

but if they only had 1306 HP left.. surely that would mean the VKB would get that last 700~?

I guess it was so close, only the criticals were registered at the immediate time.. though if that was the case, surely the damage would have been registered at that moment also?



Emeraldweed #9 Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:54 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10436 battles
  • 938
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

View PostIsharial, on 03 July 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

 

but if they only had 1306 HP left.. surely that would mean the VKB would get that last 700~?

I guess it was so close, only the criticals were registered at the immediate time.. though if that was the case, surely the damage would have been registered at that moment also?

 

Type 4 does 644 damage  +critical damage to ammorack (server registers only the critical)

VK45b then detonates the ammorack for the remaining 1306 ( server registers the detonation )

                                                                                                  (server registers the damage that ''owes'' to type 4 heavy )

 

i dont know how else to explain it 



Isharial #10 Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:57 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 20186 battles
  • 2,382
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View PostEmeraldweed, on 03 July 2017 - 12:54 PM, said:

 

Type 4 does 644 damage  +critical damage to ammorack (server registers only the critical)

VK45b then detonates the ammorack for the remaining 1306 ( server registers the detonation )

                                                                                                  (server registers the damage that ''owes'' to type 4 heavy )

 

i dont know how else to explain it 

 

that's what I don't understand really... how the server can register a critical, but doesn't register the damage... and then gives the damage owed again? if the damage was done, and the server knew it was done, how can it effectively create 600~ damage from thin air to give to the type 4? or likewise, to the VKB

I guess only WG mods will ever know the answer to that


Edited by Isharial, 03 July 2017 - 12:58 PM.


Emeraldweed #11 Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:04 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10436 battles
  • 938
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

View PostIsharial, on 03 July 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

 

that's what I don't understand really... how the server can register a critical, but doesn't register the damage... and then gives the damage owed again? if the damage was done, and the server knew it was done, how can it effectively create 600~ damage from thin air to give to the type 4? or likewise, to the VKB

I guess only WG mods will ever know the answer to that

 

They happened at the exact same time  and due to lag they didnt register as they should.  it should be like this : 

 

 644   AP - Type 4 heavy 

*critical* -   Type 4 heavy

1306 AP -   VKB 

 

note that the way they registered might be a ''hitlog'' delay and no actual server calculations


Edited by Emeraldweed, 03 July 2017 - 01:05 PM.


EggyTheGumGumChewer #12 Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:54 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 16312 battles
  • 767
  • [CRY-X] CRY-X
  • Member since:
    06-04-2012
Strange, never seen such a thing before.

Edited by EggyTheGumGumChewer, 03 July 2017 - 01:54 PM.


Slyspy #13 Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:09 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 14202 battles
  • 16,742
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View PostEggyTheGumGumChewer, on 03 July 2017 - 01:54 PM, said:

Strange, never seen such a thing before.

 

It isn't too uncommon, just that this is an extremely noticeable example due to the ammo rack. 

AliceUnchained #14 Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:18 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 38414 battles
  • 8,928
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostIsharial, on 03 July 2017 - 12:57 PM, said:

 

that's what I don't understand really... how the server can register a critical, but doesn't register the damage... and then gives the damage owed again? if the damage was done, and the server knew it was done, how can it effectively create 600~ damage from thin air to give to the type 4? or likewise, to the VKB

I guess only WG mods will ever know the answer to that

 

Keep in mind that what you see on screen (UI) is what server sends to your client for display after all calculations have been done. Things happened in correct order on the server, but got scrambled a bit for display on your client UI.

MarcoStrapone #15 Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:25 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 37347 battles
  • 740
  • [IDFAC] IDFAC
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013
its call "milk the cow" a in-game WG invented after they established  their community :)




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users