Jump to content


how to handle players that harrass you


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

CamperKaempfer #1 Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:29 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21644 battles
  • 356
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017
i was just just banned for team killing and this is why: a player in a faster tank at the beginning of the game kept positioning himself in front of me peventing me from moving, i patiently waited for a while, then i tracked him so i could go around him but he tracked me too and kept doing so when the trackes got repaired. i had to destroy him in order to go on playing so i got banned. how am i supposed to handle those? should i just leave the battle or is there a way to stop them?

Edited by CamperKaempfer, 03 July 2017 - 06:31 PM.


xx984 #2 Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:33 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 50839 battles
  • 2,066
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013
Whenever someone does it to me i lock my turret, pretend to go AFK until they get bored. 

Balc0ra #3 Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:39 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 62787 battles
  • 14,392
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

How? Let the troll die alone on that flank. If you can't be effective, then why are you there? It's better to relocate and leave him be, then to shot on him and get banned. Since then your gun is no use to anyone.

 

And yeah, zero damage track hits counts as team damage. It's counted equally much as a damaging hit, and will get you banned just as fast.



conductiv #4 Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:39 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 33678 battles
  • 3,338
  • [FIFO] FIFO
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

View PostCamperKaempfer, on 03 July 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

i was just just banned for team killing and this is why: a player in a faster tank at the beginning of the game kept positioning himself in front of me peventing me from moving, i patiently waited for a while, then i tracked him so i could go around him but he tracked me too and kept doing so when the trackes got repaired. i had to destroy him in order to go on playing so i got banned. how am i supposed to handle those? should i just leave the battle or is there a way to stop them?

 

best way, report, then get a drink or watch a youtube video for a bit. the report will probably do jack, and you will likely lose because of the griefer...but at least you won't get banned and you can save your nerves with regards to starting a flamewar. 



HeidenSieker #5 Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:40 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 10046 battles
  • 4,393
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016

View PostCamperKaempfer, on 03 July 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

i was just just banned for team killing and this is why: a player in a faster tank at the beginning of the game kept positioning himself in front of me peventing me from moving, i patiently waited for a while, then i tracked him

 

That was silly, wasn't it.

 

1) Go somewhere else on the map.

 

2) If that doesn't work, then keep your hands off the controls EXCEPT to reporting the person in question for ungentlemanly conduct.

 

3) If they eventualy buzz off, resume playing.



Jigabachi #6 Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:42 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17746 battles
  • 17,624
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostCamperKaempfer, on 03 July 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

i was just just banned for team killing and this is why: 

No need to explain. You shot a teammate, so that ban is entirely your own fault.

 

Shooting those players is by far the dumbest thing you can do in those cases. It means that they won and that you fell for the lowest kind of trolling in this game.

Next time it happens simply report them, ask your team to do the same and then go afk until they got bored. Then report them to the support.



MarcoStrapone #7 Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:01 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 32542 battles
  • 707
  • [-GODS] -GODS
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View PostCamperKaempfer, on 03 July 2017 - 05:29 PM, said:

i was just just banned for team killing and this is why: a player in a faster tank at the beginning of the game kept positioning himself in front of me peventing me from moving, i patiently waited for a while, then i tracked him so i could go around him but he tracked me too and kept doing so when the trackes got repaired. i had to destroy him in order to go on playing so i got banned. how am i supposed to handle those? should i just leave the battle or is there a way to stop them?

 

next time just reposition.:P

ellua #8 Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:04 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 1160 battles
  • 555
  • Member since:
    09-29-2011
If you play Japan heavy you can push this blocking harassers into enemy. 150 tons is always right  :trollface:

CamperKaempfer #9 Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:07 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21644 battles
  • 356
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017

View PostBalc0ra, on 03 July 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

How? Let the troll die alone on that flank. If you can't be effective, then why are you there? It's better to relocate and leave him be, then to shot on him and get banned. Since then your gun is no use to anyone.

 

And yeah, zero damage track hits counts as team damage. It's counted equally much as a damaging hit, and will get you banned just as fast.

 

i don't think so. he tracked me several times and nothign happened to him. or maybe it counts the same as damage and i was banned beause of the kill, that counts eve more

CamperKaempfer #10 Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:08 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21644 battles
  • 356
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017

View PostMarcoStrapone, on 03 July 2017 - 07:01 PM, said:

 

next time just reposition.:P

 

i can't more if i'm tracked

wsatnutter #11 Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:09 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Beta Tester
  • 23981 battles
  • 7,015
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
Don't shoot your team shoot the enemy 

bstb3 #12 Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:10 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 37152 battles
  • 236
  • [VBRJ] VBRJ
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View Postellua, on 03 July 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

If you play Japan heavy you can push this blocking harassers into enemy. 150 tons is always right  :trollface:

 

Except when it's the O-Ho on your team deliberately pushing a skorpion into the water on Lakeville, then driving in on top of him. You know, just for the lols. :facepalm: Not sure why the Skorpion didnt just drive away from him, rather than just try to reverse back but there you go.

CamperKaempfer #13 Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:10 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21644 battles
  • 356
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017

View Postwsatnutter, on 03 July 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

Don't shoot your team shoot the enemy 

 

in order to shoot the enemy i had to get rid of that teammate that kept tracking me, or i wouldn't get to see the enemy until it's too late

CamperKaempfer #14 Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:11 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21644 battles
  • 356
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017

View PostJigabachi, on 03 July 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

No need to explain. You shot a teammate, so that ban is entirely your own fault.

 

Shooting those players is by far the dumbest thing you can do in those cases. It means that they won and that you fell for the lowest kind of trolling in this game.

Next time it happens simply report them, ask your team to do the same and then go afk until they got bored. Then report them to the support.

 

how do i report someone? i guess i can and must record them, so how can i do that too?

CmdPrompt #15 Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:21 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 29586 battles
  • 235
  • [B-D-O] B-D-O
  • Member since:
    05-19-2013

View Postellua, on 03 July 2017 - 08:04 PM, said:

If you play Japan heavy you can push this blocking harassers into enemy. 150 tons is always right  :trollface:

 

But the maus is right-er at 190 tons :izmena:

G01ngToxicCommand0 #16 Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:29 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 37465 battles
  • 727
  • Member since:
    11-03-2011

View PostCamperKaempfer, on 03 July 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

i was just just banned for team killing and this is why: a player in a faster tank at the beginning of the game kept positioning himself in front of me peventing me from moving, i patiently waited for a while, then i tracked him so i could go around him but he tracked me too and kept doing so when the trackes got repaired. i had to destroy him in order to go on playing so i got banned. how am i supposed to handle those? should i just leave the battle or is there a way to stop them?

 

You did good. The game is so full of mongs and [edited]that it no longer matter what you do to other players as they all deserve whatever you plan to do. My opinion alone, not my clan's.

CamperKaempfer #17 Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:32 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21644 battles
  • 356
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017

View Postconductiv, on 03 July 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

 

best way, report, then get a drink or watch a youtube video for a bit. the report will probably do jack, and you will likely lose because of the griefer...but at least you won't get banned and you can save your nerves with regards to starting a flamewar. 

 

yeah good idea. that's what the windows key is for

CamperKaempfer #18 Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:33 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21644 battles
  • 356
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017

View PostHeidenSieker, on 03 July 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

 

That was silly, wasn't it.

 

1) Go somewhere else on the map.

 

2) If that doesn't work, then keep your hands off the controls EXCEPT to reporting the person in question for ungentlemanly conduct.

 

3) If they eventualy buzz off, resume playing.

 

hindsight is a wonderful thing. i'm still trying to figure out how to record and report

Edited by CamperKaempfer, 03 July 2017 - 07:39 PM.


Cobra6 #19 Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:34 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16295 battles
  • 15,009
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

And this is why potential friendly damage received should count to total threshold for banning.

 

If someone shoots you in the track 3-4 times it should be treated as if they have shot (and damaged) you 3-4 times. This way this griefing will soon end.

 

Cobra 6



CamperKaempfer #20 Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:36 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21644 battles
  • 356
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017

View PostCobra6, on 03 July 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

And this is why potential friendly damage received should count to total threshold for banning.

 

If someone shoots you in the track 3-4 times it should be treated as if they have shot (and damaged) you 3-4 times. This way this griefing will soon end.

 

Cobra 6

 

that's very useful to know

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users