clan wars global map New global map

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Scarletsboy #1 Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29590 battles
  • [ORLY] ORLY

So clan wars map has been down a while now and news is very thin.

Why is it down for so long?

News seems to be very very thin on the ground

Anyone have any knowledge as to why?

acm166 #2 Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:30 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 33583 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
I wish WG would stop hiding from this question. Massive Company With NO sense to tell anyone WTF is going on GG might be something to do with the fact they know if they tell anyone they are stopping CW 90% of the player base will leave.

Lowered #3 Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:46 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 28930 battles

Does anyone know anything about it?

Or are they just preparing to start milking the giant cow?

milking cow: Clanwars new model: Win bonds! No more gold.

Want premium time? Buy with money.

Want premium tanks? Buy with money.

Want to remove equipment? Money.

And the bullcrap will probably reach that level..

DomstadtsOnkel #4 Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1314 battles
  • [LDMA] LDMA
Maybe you guys wanna bring your conversation to your own TS. You know nobody from WG will enter this Thread to answer YOUR particular questions.

Scarletsboy #5 Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29590 battles
  • [ORLY] ORLY

View PostDomstadtsOnkel, on 06 July 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

Maybe you guys wanna bring your conversation to your own TS. You know nobody from WG will enter this Thread to answer YOUR particular questions.

Maybe, maybe not. This thread is not just for WG to answer. it's also to engage other people and clans, to see if they miss clan wars and want it back. See I got someone else to engage you :P 

The more people who voice their opinion the more chance we have to see action.

Thank you for input and hope to see more !!!

Edited by Scarletsboy, 09 July 2017 - 10:19 AM.

Scarletsboy #6 Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29590 battles
  • [ORLY] ORLY

I guess clans don't care about clan wars anymore, am I right? really out of the 28k of clan on the EU server only 145 views

cro001 #7 Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:00 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 30339 battles

View PostScarletsboy, on 07 July 2017 - 09:57 PM, said:

I guess clans don't care about clan wars anymore, am I right? really out of the 28k of clan on the EU server only 145 views

Because everything we cared about got nuked. So we gonna pretend that we don't care and maybe WG will do something positive for a change. Reverse psychology, you know?

FireflyDivision #8 Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:05 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 24303 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE

View PostDomstadtsOnkel, on 06 July 2017 - 09:02 PM, said:

One can always hope :P

I'm waiting for info too.

Edited by FireflyDivision, 07 July 2017 - 10:15 PM.

acm166 #9 Posted 08 July 2017 - 02:59 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 33583 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostFireflyDivision, on 07 July 2017 - 09:05 PM, said:

i love how your a moderator and don't get told nothing also shows how much trust WG have with the staff like what the hell is going on with WG how can they even run a company like this they don't tell any of there customers ANYTHING about whats happening nor there staff its like serb is paranoid hiding all the info in a little box under his bed its a joke. all i want to know is if they will kill off CW or not if they do great means i can swap games with 90% of the player base

Edited by acm166, 08 July 2017 - 03:01 PM.

FireflyDivision #10 Posted 08 July 2017 - 11:32 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 24303 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE

View Postacm166, on 08 July 2017 - 02:59 PM, said:

i love how your a moderator and don't get told nothing also shows how much trust WG have with the staff like what the hell is going on with WG how can they even run a company like this they don't tell any of there customers ANYTHING about whats happening nor there staff its like serb is paranoid hiding all the info in a little box under his bed its a joke. all i want to know is if they will kill off CW or not if they do great means i can swap games with 90% of the player base

But is there any other game with the type of CWs that WoT has/had?

Scarletsboy #11 Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29590 battles
  • [ORLY] ORLY

View PostFireflyDivision, on 07 July 2017 - 09:05 PM, said:

Why should we have to hope?

Was Clan Wars losing Wargaming money? I don't think so, yes you have the top clans earning gold in clan wars so they don't pay for premium time, but now they just play tournaments now which pay out gold.

So Wargaming still not getting them to really pay for the premium time.

The rest of us do still spend money I do on premium time and tanks, if you get rid of clan wars I won't renew my premium time and won't buy new tanks as I see no point. I won't use gold to convert xp to get the new T10 light tanks as they are a joke.

So you take clan wars away from me I do not see a reason for me to be on every day and carry on buying premium time & premium tanks

So on the EU Server, there are around 21k clans, how many clans take part in clan wars? See below:

Tier 10

117 clans who got victory points.I am not counting the lands owned as the map is frozen and does not show clans who may have been on the map at the start but not the end of the season.

I have also taken 50% off the total clan spaces to take into account clans applying for more than 1 land 

20:00 24 landing zones, 64 clans per zone = 1536 clans -60% as this could be more than clan applying for a landing zone or not all  =614

19:00 33 landing zones, 64 clans per zone  = 2112 clans -60% as this could be more than clan applying for a landing zone =845

18:00 21 landing zones, 64 clans per zone  = 1344 clans -60% as this could be more than clan applying for a landing zone =537

17:00  7 landing zones, 64 clans per zone = 448 clans -60% as this could be more than clan applying for a landing zone =179

Tier 10 total clans on the map or trying to get on the map for the first round, 117+614+845+537+179 = 2292 clans taking part in clan wars

Tier 8

771 clans who got victory points.I am not counting the lands owned as the map is frozen and does not show clans who may have been on the map at the start but not the end of the season.

20:00 19  landing zones, 64 clans per zone =  1216 clans -50% as this could be more than clan applying for a landing zone =486

19:00  35 landing zones, 64 clans per zone  =  2240 clans -50% as this could be more than clan applying for a landing zone =896

18:00 10 landing zones, 64 clans per zone  = 640  clans -50% as this could be more than clan applying for a landing zone = 256

17:00  8  landing zones, 64 clans per zone =  512 clans -50% as this could be more than clan applying for a landing zone = 204

Tier 8 total clans on the map or trying to get on the map for the first round, 771+486+896+256+204 =3075 clans taking part in clan wars

The above is just a guess based on the map right now with landing zones and each landing zone has 64 places I know they are now always filled up and some clans do multiple landing which is why Ichave taken 60% off the places. 

What this shows is that we have around 2800 clans taking part or have taken part at tier 10 and 3000 clan taking part at tier 8 a total of 5800 clans using this mode which is around 30% of the clans in the game that is nearly a 3rd of clans doing clan wars 30% !!!!

If you want to drill this down more to players,

15 players at T10 works out at around 34k players have or are doing clan wars this season

10 players at T8 works out at around 30k players have or are doing clan wars this season

This mode keeps the player base interested in another mode, which is around 45% of the active player base!!!!

We all know what random games are like! They are really the worst part of this game, not only do you have to fight the 25% RNG, you have to fight the AFK players, the Yolo players who die in the first minute of the game, the bad maps, the players who do nothing to contribute to the game. This is before you even factor in the other team.

So now we see that some of the bigger clans are folding like OMNI down to 40 players WTF!!! 

So Wargaming if you look at the math you have around 35-45% of you active players on the EU server doing clan wars at some point if you don't sort this out and say if clan wars is or is not coming back you will see you player base drop even more.

I for one hate randoms, I love team play and working as a unit which is why I mainly only play clan wars and strongholds. If you take clan wars away I don't think you see all the players turning to just stronghold/skirmish. You have already limited the time these happen the maps we can play, as well as playing just 3-4 battles then having to wait 20 mins just to get an XP or Credit boost, this is nice but not as good a getting gold, as credits don't keep the premium time running.

So players will leave the game as we have seen, so wargaming instead of having 125k-150k players online each night you be around 90k if that. 

:teethhappy: and now reading that  Natus Vincere has left WOT esports just shows that even these pro teams don't see it worth their time playing.

Do you care about the players ? or is it just the money? 

Time and time we see your mistakes patches, OP premium tanks, PR problems with your own community contributors, broken promises as per the meeting in Cyprus with the community contributors in January 2016. You say sorry it won't happen again but it does, and you don't learn you say you be more open but you're not !!!

You don't say why clan wars has stopped or if it will be back, you just carry on milking the EU players now with summer offers which are worse than the offers for World of Warships they have a 50% off we get 30% LOL

Well I think your time is coming to an end and you know it, this will just add another nail to the coffin.I see this game not stopping but will be a game in Russia only, you won't get the money you have now which I think you know that why you doing this and so try to build/make other games. Will you still need your headquarters in Cyprus soon ? that may be a waste of money

So why are you in this place? because of the stupid actions you taken, you still around / lucky as there is no other online game MMO tank game which is any good other wise you been gone.

it is clear that as long as you stay on this road and history has shown us nothing has really changed in 18 months, MM change which is better but this has been called for  the last 3 years, 

Things still the same or worse

RNG - still the same

Gold Rounds - still the same

No new Maps or change in map meta - still the same

You change the way 6th sense works so it's in favor of the camper instant spotted and shot before 6th sense goes off, make it the same time none of this 3 sec BS

"Your time is coming Wargaming and sooner than you may think with this lastest move with clan wars"

Edited by Scarletsboy, 09 July 2017 - 01:53 PM.

acm166 #12 Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:53 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 33583 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostFireflyDivision, on 08 July 2017 - 10:32 PM, said:

But is there any other game with the type of CWs that WoT has/had?

im going to ges you did not google this before saying it as many games other a type of clan wars not exactly the same but it cant be the same as copy write law suits would fly all over the place but for one i played a game called tom clacyTom Clancy's EndWar that had a type of clan wars a global map with teams trying to take land 

FireflyDivision #13 Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:44 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 24303 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE

View Postacm166, on 09 July 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

im going to ges you did not google this before saying it 

I actually did, but I couldn't find anything.

Ragnaguard #14 Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 53781 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA

View PostScarletsboy, on 09 July 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

Why should we have to hope?

Was Clan Wars losing Wargaming money? I don't think so, yes you have the top clans earning gold in clan wars so they don't pay for premium time, but now they just play tournaments now which pay out gold.

So Wargaming still not getting them to really pay for the premium time.

You really think that a company like WG having so many players (and selling All these bundles) cares IF 500-600 people pay up? 500-600 customers r not even serious as a statistic when u have a playerbase that big as Wot does. and do not forget that the serious amount of income is not from the really good guys... the big amount of money is coming from OP tanks sold in bundles (that litterally has 0 cost to the company). wondered how many bought he patriot on last sale?

Why should they care about CW? its not that they r losing big time when the map is down...

Edited by Ragnaguard, 09 July 2017 - 03:13 PM.

acm166 #15 Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:05 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 33583 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostFireflyDivision, on 09 July 2017 - 01:44 PM, said:

I actually did, but I couldn't find anything.

well its not going to be the spot on same as WG as i said or they will copy write everyone lol

armandio #16 Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:34 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 80114 battles

Enjoy the Summer!

:harp::girl::child::popcorn::bajan:

Scarletsboy #17 Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29590 battles
  • [ORLY] ORLY

View PostRagnaguard, on 09 July 2017 - 02:11 PM, said:

You really think that a company like WG having so many players (and selling All these bundles) cares IF 500-600 people pay up? 500-600 customers r not even serious as a statistic when u have a playerbase that big as Wot does. and do not forget that the serious amount of income is not from the really good guys... the big amount of money is coming from OP tanks sold in bundles (that litterally has 0 cost to the company). wondered how many bought he patriot on last sale?

Why should they care about CW? its not that they r losing big time when the map is down...

Did you read my post ? its more than 500-600 players doing clan wars,  yes some top players get enough gold to cover premium time etc but we are talking about a lot more players than that.

Can I ask how many clan wars games have you done?  200? 1000?  don't take this the wrong way but WOT life shows you done 106 games at T8 & T10.

The reason I ask that is how many clans have you come in contact with for clan wars? So we know where your information is coming from and how you came to your conclusion that the figure is only 500-600

I have done over 2100 clan wars games at T8 & T10, not counting strongholds. I had a lot of contact with other clans being a Clan Commander and Deputy Commander regarding Nap and forming alliance.

I also have a lot of friends in different clans so I had a lot of interaction in this game mode.I don't know everything but feel I have a great understanding.

As I said in my post there are around 28k clans in this game with around 5k clans taking part either at T8 10 players or T10 15 players clan wars. So you do the math it's more than a few players invested in this mode more than 500-600 players who may earn enough gold to have stuff paid for.

Most clan wars players get some gold, but also still spend their own money on getting tanks camo food etc I was earning an ok amount of gold each month not enough to cover my all of my premium time, so I had to pay for some too.

Let put this to you, say 10k (a sixth of the clan wars player base, as used from figures above) players stop playing as no clan wars, at a minimum they won't buy 30 days premium time, so that is £86k a month !! or 1 million pound a year no small change.

A lot of the players in my clan put £20-£30 pound into the game each month, so say again the same 10k players do that  (a sixth of the clan wars player base, as used from figures above) that's £300k a month ! or 3.6 million pound a year, again no small change add that up it comes too 4.6 Million pounds a year 4.6 million !!!!  (The figures I am using are low but that is my opinion and no real way to prove this as I  don't have the raw data) 

This is no small amount, so you see clan wars players do matter as its not a small amount of money and using a very low set of figures this could be alot more money even if you take out the 500-600 players who earn enough gold to pay for premium time camo and food etc there still a lot of players who don't earn that sort of gold and supplement it with there own money. So it does matter that even a small amount of players like 10k can change things.

Why do you think all of a sudden Wargaming are doing this summer sale? they never did this before just the one at Christmas time. They must now realize that the EU Server Cash Cow is dying up and they are seeing the player base drop, yes it's summer time but still the changes they have made so far to the game are not keeping the players in the game or even happy.

Look it's 9pm on a Sunday night and there is only 109k players online at 10pm 90k players and its not even summer holidays yet, why you think the done this summer holiday sale and T34-85 mission, this game is bleeding players and getting rid of clan wars is really good for the game NOT !!!

The figures I am using are low but that is my opinion and no real way to prove this as I don't have the raw data. 

I know players from a lot of clans who said they won't play this game as they don't like randoms and if there are no clan wars then they won't play the game at all.

It's the hardcore players doing clan wars and stronghold who are also the long time players who will pick up a premium tank at Tier 8 etc. As I said if you lose only half the players that still 20-30k off a player base that is only at around 150k that is around 10-20% of the players,

This means the player base will go down not so much money coming in from the EU cash cow

Edited by Scarletsboy, 10 July 2017 - 11:24 AM.

Scarletsboy #18 Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29590 battles
  • [ORLY] ORLY
Move on to this>>>  http://forum.worldof...layers-as-well/  As has more movement behind it

andytaff #19 Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:52 AM

Private

• Player
  • 48812 battles

well this was the answer i got from WG when i asked about Clanwars.....

Max Ish

First of all, I would like to thank you for getting in touch with us. We appreciate your interest in the game..

Recently, I have not heard any official announcement from the Devs regarding an ETA for the Clan Wars.

All the information we can give you about changes that will take place in the future, is posted in our official website.

Please, check it here: http://worldoftanks.eu/ . You can check it every now and then to know all the new information that we publish and, this way, be one of the first ones to know about the changes to come.

Should you have more questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards.

Max Ish

Wargaming.net Customer Service Representative

15JG52Brauer #20 Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 76367 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
I hope we hear something soon - CW's more than anything else got me hooked on this game - I ground out my tier 10's for it - many of them to help combat tank locking. I remember old CW pre fog of war, when there were just 3 tier 10 tanks (T30,Maus and IS7) and T54's and T50-2's were used, so I have grown up in wot along with CW. If it has gone than the game will be missing something - and the sad thing is that if they read some of the great feedback from threads like the one FireflyDivision started they could make it great again, but there is no sign of this right now :-(.  Personally I have only been involved in 1 other game that had a CW element - that was back in my days playing IL2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles online. Back then some guys worked out how to intergrate the online element (the Hyperlobby) with a website that generated missions and used the results of those missions to update a campaign map - it was much more an Axis vs Allies thing - you didnt own land as such, just influenced the campaign. Each "clan" flew either for red or blue exclusiveley and plane choices were therefore limited - but it was a lot of fun - kind of like if you mixed WOT CW with the old historic or national battles - and it was fan built, which was kinda cool , but obviously wouldn't work with WOT as there is no external mission generator etc.

Edited by 15JG52Brauer, 14 July 2017 - 11:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users