"Deadeye" perk is useless on artillery

deadeye artillery

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Petition (7 members have cast votes)

"Deadeye" perk is useless on artillery and players should be compensated?

1. I agree (4 votes [57.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

2. I disagree (3 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

QuattroX #1 Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 38302 battles

Hi,

As the title says, the "Deadeye" perk is now 100% useless on artillery because of the only "HE" shell type.

I was told by Support to make my voice heard here at the forums regarding this "issue", and if enough players speak up (complain?) there might be something done about this.

There are at least two other post that brought this "issue" to light but both with dead ends. Perhaps some of you could tag known moderators/developers to this post to keep it alive or at least get an official response?

The hope with this post is to get a large-scale compensation in the form of artillery gunner crew skill reset(those that have this perk) or at least the amount of gold credited to players account to perform a reset.

As well as get this perk hidden or added warning text in description for artillery gunner crew, as the perk is still selectable for artillery gunner crew.

Pablo_Amenable #2 Posted 04 July 2017 - 11:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10862 battles

Artillery doesn't do enough critical damage in your opinion?

No-one is going to give you any sort of reset or a refund if you can't simply read the description of a skill.

Edited by Pablo_Amenable, 04 July 2017 - 11:07 PM.

captainpigg #3 Posted 04 July 2017 - 11:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29507 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV

To OP, why post in this section of the forum? You want the Gameplay or In-Game Vehicles Arty sections. Sadly this ha been discussed before, along with the now pointless Intuition loader skill, and it looks like we are plum out of luck.

To Pablo_Amenable, really dude? Maybe he had the skill prior to 9.18 you think?

1ncompetenc3 #4 Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:00 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34824 battles
I'm kind of torn about this. On the one hand, WG's change did in fact make that perk 100% useless for all non-premium SPG's so compensation would be in order. On the other hand, screw SPG's. :harp:

captainpigg #5 Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29507 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV
Also made my female non-commanders a wasted choice with the last patch.

WindSplitter1 #6 Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8628 battles
  • [R-P-T] R-P-T

I did not suffered from this but WG should've thought about it before.

Otherwise, I would have called support but not being affected, I hardly think they will care. But keep fighting. It's your right.

QuattroX #7 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 38302 battles

View PostPablo_Amenable, on 04 July 2017 - 10:05 PM, said:

Artillery doesn't do enough critical damage in your opinion?

No-one is going to give you any sort of reset or a refund if you can't simply read the description of a skill.

I did (still do) have the perk way prior to the update, reading the description(same as now) at that point it was a 100% valid perk on artillery. Now its completely useless on artillery crew, so what's the point of even having it visible/selectable?

Also, its not about my opinion if its enough or not. WG implemented a functionality/perk which gave non-HE shells additional crit. damage chance, and then removed these shells from artillery and left the perk still selected/selectable. Basically, the work is half done and should be completed by skill reset and disabling the perk for artillery.

View Postcaptainpigg, on 04 July 2017 - 10:47 PM, said:

Sadly this ha been discussed before, along with the now pointless Intuition loader skill, and it looks like we are plum out of luck.

In this case pointless /= useless. As there are still two shell "types" available for Intuition perk.

View PostWindSplitter1, on 05 July 2017 - 12:00 AM, said:

Otherwise, I would have called support but not being affected, I hardly think they will care. But keep fighting. It's your right.

As mentioned; Support won't do anything regarding this for individual cases. Therefore I created this post as Support suggested, to hopefully get a large-scale change as it's the only option for compensation/fix.

Edit:

P.S.

I would like if the "arty hate" was left behind, and rather this "issue" was focused from a game-change point of view. Thanks.

Edited by QuattroX, 05 July 2017 - 11:24 PM.

Also tagged with deadeye, artillery

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users