Ace Tanker Achievement

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

ortega456 #1 Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 62740 battles

Hey guys,

I wanted to share with you one of my achievements that I was aiming for throughout the past months/years: My goal was to get Ace tankers on all the tanks I have ever played (atm 296/296). During this journey I had to rebuy some tanks and ace them to get Ace tanker on all tanks I was grinding. I know some may say it's not a big achievement to get one good/lucky game however there are tanks that were so hard to ace and I had to dig deep into the strengths and weaknesses of those tanks and be able to get to know them really well in order to get the feeling for that tank and to force that good game.

Some people only play good tanks in order to maximize their fun or WN8, some play for MoE, others play to get all skillz/perks (like that one guy who I think only played Type 59 and got 8 skillz on his crew) but I wanted to get those Aces comming and to be able to say that I've gotten to know all the tanks I've had pretty well and developed a broad understanding of each tank class and individual tank for I've ground all tank-lines except USSR and German arties.

I've fucked up my stats in some cases and with a couple of tanks couldn't focus for too much time on one tank which was sad because once I really figured out how to play a certain tank I had to pick another one with totally different playstyle in order to get the next ACE which started a new learning curve. Often I've made the mistake of applying the rules I've set for playing the previous tank to the new and different tank. What was frustrating mostly was having to play really shitty tanks (Pre-buff VK 72.01 (K), STB-1, most arties, AMX 40, IS-5....) AND map rotation, teams, bad luck....

What surprised me to some extent was that I really really enjoyed some of the tanks the community considers/considered to be crap(pre-buff SU-122-54, pre-buff VK 45.01 A, pre-buff tier 9 Lorraine 40t...) and was really good at those so the ace tankers came fairly easily and frequently.

Also it was surprising in what extent the ACE badge depends on the day. Sometimes I've gotten below 1200 base xp aces and after a while grinding the particular tank I had 1300+XP games where I only received 1st Class. Also the opposite was frequently observed when I got an ACE with quite lower XP than I've had before and received 1st class especially on new tanks or after playing a tank right after a patch was released when Ace-XP thresholds were resetted.

The general indicator of an ace tanker game beeing imminent were:

a) The damage thus MoE would exceed 75% and increasing steadily towards the second MoE.

b) Having fun with the tank

c) "Feeling" the tank like it's part of my body

d) Feeling comfortable on most maps knowing at which spot the particular tank works the best

e) Having Class No 1 Mastery medals comming up frequently

Those rules I could apply to all the tanks (except just some tanks where I was lucky with the ACE) especially the hard to ace ones and those I didn't feel comfortable playing at first. The majority of the ACEs I got during grinding those tanks however some tanks I've had to play for a lot of games after eliting those because either they were really new and only played by veteran blue/purple players (like bulldog when it came out I needed over 1700 base XP for the ACE badge while now it's like 1250 for it) or I sucked playing them.

Some aces came easily after just playing the first game (T95E2, VK 45.01 A, Chi-Ha...) or the 2nd-4th game (HWK 12, and a bunch of lower tier tanks) a handfull others took me 500 games and more.

Here are some honorable mentions regarding me acing them:

SPGs:

Spoiler

TDs

Spoiler

Heavies

Spoiler

Meds

Spoiler

Lights

Spoiler

Thanks for reading and I hope you liked this "short" summary of my endeavour. Feel free to ask me any questions regarding acing other not mentioned tanks or whatever you're curious about.

What were your easiest and/or hardest tanks to ACE?  With which tank do you constantly get Aces?

Is this badge important to you? Just add your 50 cents :-P

Also I want to give something back to the community:

So what do YOU get out of it?

Spoiler

So have fun guys, take care while I'll be taking a break from the game.

Good hunting to everybody! :izmena:

:)

P.S. To those who would like to say "...and now get a real life": I have an awesome life, well paid job, a girlfriend and some other social/private hobbies of which one is WoT.

Edited by ortega456, 05 July 2017 - 10:48 AM.

Bora_BOOM #2 Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:52 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 23171 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG
:medal:

SABAOTH #3 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:04 AM

Major

• Player
  • 36802 battles
  • [-133-] -133-
Congratulations! :medal:

EnglishBob_ #4 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:09 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 479 battles
What .... I do like that minion clip  Hey is T-D-U recruiting ?    :honoring:​    Oh very nice with ALL those Ms ...... :great:

Merton15 #5 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:10 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13869 battles
I would have thought the crappier a tank is the easier it is to ace. I needed 2400+ to ace the SU122-44 but only 700 or so with others. Acing the T67 is probably a bit of a challenge right now. Never aced the T18 as was, too many seal clubbers. Even a Kolabanov + Top Gun didn't do it!

EnglishBob_ #6 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:14 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 479 battles
T18 old Tier 2 or 3 US TD ?   :honoring:

Danger__UXB #7 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:16 AM

Major

• Player
  • 9785 battles

Getting an ace tanker to me means you have 'Mastered' the tank...

yes you can have a lucky game here and there but mostly getting an ace is a good parameter to show you are a 'Capable' player in this tank..So your achievement is very admirable

You may have seen this before but this was my ace in the T49...I like it as the game was far beyond the results what i can sustain as an average player..

Special moments in it are 1 shotting a CDC and a auto-aim on the move to hit a 1390 for 980 and then went for the ram kill after i realized he was reloading..

Also although i was in a light tank i realized i had to play as a med the whole game...as a noob this was a turning point for me in how i play some lights after reading the team line-ups

PS on a side note my most played tank at the moment is the 1390 with 1080 battles....and it took me 950 games to ace it:child:

Edited by Danger_UXB_, 05 July 2017 - 11:20 AM.

AvalancheZ257 #8 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:24 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3973 battles
  • [3WCST] 3WCST

100% MOE on the Cromwell? I don't want to meet you in any battles, unless your on my team! :hiding:

Congrats! Thats a LOT of ace badges :P 

I'm content with just getting Mastery's on tanks I keep for more than 100 badges, but looks like I'll have to spend a lot longer on them... all in due time, then. 

FAMILYTank #9 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:30 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27040 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP

Congrats man! Great job and patience to reach your goal. For me it is easiest to get aces with lights no matter the tier. If I get a good game shortly I will take part in the competition :)

Oh and get a life! :trollface:

Edited by FAMILYTank, 05 July 2017 - 11:31 AM.

JocMeister #10 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:37 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 23616 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Congrats man! That is an epic achievement.

Now you can begin to 3-mark them all.. ;)

Hedgehog1963 #11 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:55 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51450 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
I am very impressed.

Schepel #12 Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:06 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 60855 battles
Busy with something similar, only I want to ace every single tank (SPG excluded for my own sanity) in the game. I am getting there, but it will take another year or so. :-)

Merton15 #13 Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13869 battles
Old  TII English Bob. Hadn't played for a while (3 years!),came back and found it nerfed to hell and uptiered. Haven't played it once and can't think what to do with the top notch crew. Suggestions welcome.

Uebergewicht #14 Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11702 battles

Glad you got to enjoy the SU-122-54. I grinded through it and hated it all the way, I don´t think I ever managed to get an ACE despite the fact that the 54 holds my record for the highest damage game ever (which was still a loss). A casemate TD with heavy tank alpha and pen, no gun depression and no effective armor at all is just a pain in the [edited].

I did enjoy the tier 7 and the tier 10, though it´s hard for me to do decent in the 263.

Also tagged with Ace Tanker, Achievement

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users